Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

now

The Great Autismo! posted:

Purdue gonna win the Big10, that is cool and good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Extremely gently caress Baylor

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Did UVA and UNC move to the Big Ten? What the gently caress is that score.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Poque posted:

UVA's style is in the Crimes Against Basketball book

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I went to a game my freshman year where Purdue lost to Northwestern 39-40 and I wanted to die.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

UVA's style is in the Crimes Against Basketball book

Sure, but damned if it didn't work against a UNC offense that has been cruising lately. Even with a good ACCT showing they're probably a 4/5 at best, but as long as Perrantes is actually back again, some 1 seed or another is going to hate having them in the bracket.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

elentar posted:

Sure, but damned if it didn't work against a UNC offense that has been cruising lately. Even with a good ACCT showing they're probably a 4/5 at best, but as long as Perrantes is actually back again, some 1 seed or another is going to hate having them in the bracket.

I am going to be highly annoyed if we're in the same bracket.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I fully expect Purdue to win out to raise expectations, get a 3 seed, and then lose to a 6 seed UVA 45-38 in a game that makes the tourney game against Cincinnati a couple years ago look competent and fun

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am going to be highly annoyed if we're in the same bracket.

There's probably not a team in the country better set up to beat UVA than WV though.

Edit: while I'm at it I will doom WV by noting that they should be considered a very serious title threat this year.

elentar fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 28, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

UVA is typically indistinguishable from Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan era Wisconsin, for obvious reasons

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

elentar posted:

There's probably not a team in the country better set up to beat UVA than WV though.

Edit: while I'm at it I will doom WV by noting that they should be considered a very serious title threat this year.

I think if we got a good draw we could make a deep run. I am worried about our inability to close out games, but I think we could be very dangerous if we get a good draw and get Esa healthy.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

i figured iu was gonna lose this game, but i wish it wasn't because of loving hick-rear end pube beard dakota mathias

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dakota Mathias owns so hard

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

Dakota Mathias owns so hard

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
did you guys hear Tom Crean specifically called the Big10 and complained about Purdue's student section papers after Purdue's student section specifically went bland because they knew Tom Crean is the biggest loving baby in the Big10?

There are now two coaches that have specifically called the Big10 to complain specifically about Purdue's student section papers: Tom Crean and Tom Izzo.

can you imagine being so petty that this is what you worry about? lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What about the papers?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What does going bland mean?

Also remember when Roy had a dude thrown out of a game? Self had a fan try to fight him and he was cool as a cucumber, just sayin.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lmao how do you foul out with 12 minutes left? How does Crean still have a job?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some Indiana fans are convinced Brad Stevens is going to be the next coach because I'm sure he hates making so much money they won't tell us coaching possibly the best young nucleus of players with more high draft picks coming in at possibly the most prestigious NBA program in the country.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Indiana - TIM PRILLER - 4 points (career high)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This terrible walk on center for IU is my favorite

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Tom Priller is going to hurt someone before he fouls out

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BRING BACK TIM PRILLER

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Bryant's last foul was the foul of a man who forgot how basketball works.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thomas Bryant is the perfect culmination of everything wrong with Tom Crean

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wonder if Thompson's gonna get benched for being too short to break the press.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:toot:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Was the last Purdue Big 10 Championship team really the Hummel/Moore/Johnson team?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Hello? Kentucky? Y'all OK in there?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol Tom Crean literally sprinting down the tunnel to get away from the handshake line. literally lol

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

elentar posted:

Hello? Kentucky? Y'all OK in there?

Last half of the season has been rough. This is pretty terrible so far.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Second game in a row with a slow start like this. Lucky to be as close as they are. Again. A few weeks ago it was giving up big leads late in the game. It would be nice if this team could learn play two good halves in the same game.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
:toot: Purdue

Dear IU, please extend Crean

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Stick with this one, good slow burn with a fun ending https://twitter.com/FresnoStateMBB/status/836784956533714944

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky came back from being down 19 to knock of Vandy and secure the SEC title. Vandy was up 25-6 with 8 minutes to go in the first half. It was 30-24 at the half, and Vandy jumped ahead big again in the second half. This is the second game in a row they've overcome a big deficit to win. And they let Georgia jump out to a 12-0 lead a couple games ago too. Only time I can remember something like this is the '98 team that overcame 3 big deficits in a row to win the title. Comeback Cats 2.0?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

Some Indiana fans are convinced Brad Stevens is going to be the next coach because I'm sure he hates making so much money they won't tell us coaching possibly the best young nucleus of players with more high draft picks coming in at possibly the most prestigious NBA program in the country.

This is maybe the single most delusional thing a significant portion of any fanbase genuinely believes, it's the best

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

This is maybe the single most delusional thing a significant portion of any fanbase genuinely believes, it's the best

I mean, obviously Steve Alford will be the next Indiana coach. It was a long con and it worked quite well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you're gonna be completely stupid why set your sights so low? Maybe Greg Popovich is bored and wants to try college basketball. Phil Jackson could get fired, you should try to get him! Or perhaps The Ghost of Noted Indiana Native John Wooden. All of these are every bit as realistic as Brad Stevens deciding to leave the Celtics to take over the like 7th best team in the Big Ten

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

I mean, obviously Steve Alford will be the next Indiana coach. It was a long con and it worked quite well.

I would be so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

elentar posted:

Stick with this one, good slow burn with a fun ending https://twitter.com/FresnoStateMBB/status/836784956533714944

The MVP chants are the best.

• Locked thread