Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Aaaaahaahhaa.

This episode is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
So how much of the season's budget went into this one fight?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What if Solovar lost?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

GLOSS posted:

So how much of the season's budget went into this one fight?

Hopefully not all of it so we can get another run with King Shark.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Grodd and King Shark team-up :woop:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Hi Savitar out of loving nowhere.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Two speedsters having sex sounds dangerous.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
"Hey, dead man!" is the best line in CW history.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's a real shame that no one on Earth-1 has heard of guns to take on the gorillas.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

"swat is standing by"

Yeah, in the police station or what? The kid from arrow with the guns would have been in heaven.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's a real shame that no one on Earth-1 has heard of guns to take on the gorillas.

I guess we are supposed to assume Grodd would mind control anyone else?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bull3964 posted:

I guess we are supposed to assume Grodd would mind control anyone else?

There have been a lot of stupid handwavey things these past two episodes (hell in the series in general) but I think a decent enough theory is that they wanted to try Barry's plan of having Solovar fight Grodd and win back the allegiance of his army, who would then leave peacefully. If the police maimed/killed a number of gorillas, this might not have been an option, and Jesse and Wally could just nonlethally distract them in the meantime (hell, part of the deal with Solovar might have been that none of his people were killed).

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gypsy was apparently talking to accelerated man. Who the gently caress is that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Max Mercury maybe?

Sir Potato posted:

"Hey, dead man!" is the best line in CW history.

Cisco/Harry is the best couple on tv.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well that is one crazy episode.

That was pretty nuts getting Solivar to fight and kill Gross.

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 1, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I missed Harry. There is not enough bastard in the show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I really like that Harry's 'I'm dying' plot would have actually worked, but nope he was just being his typical rear end in a top hat self :allears:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I enjoyed the episode, but I don't think it was that strong. They pretty obviously blew their budget for this two-parter all on the first episode, and then tried to figure out a way to budget the second half.

The trailers and EPs promised this big epic fight against a gorilla army, but Barry and co. fought like five of them for a minute before Solovar comes in, beats Grodd, and the gorillas just immediately follow him again for a quick tidy ending. And that was a great goofy fight to watch, but the build-up to the big army fight falls flat upon delivery. Even Barry's whole moral dilemma of whether or not he should kill Grodd is taken completely out of his hands, and instead he just convinces Solovar not to do it by promising to keep Grodd away from Earth-2.

I'm also not really digging Gypsy, whose entire personality is just "I'm a badass." There's potential, but the writers just want her to be generic action girl for Cisco to get the hots for. Cisco could have easily opened up the breach for Solovar alone, so why was she even there after a whole scene of him convincing her to help? She just ends up being another example of CW's writers being incapable of writing women with more than one or two personality traits. Oh and they have to be either ready to hookup, or already with someone.

Harry was especially way more dickish than usual, when you step back and realize he was trying to emotionally manipulate Wally into leaving Jesse by faking a terminal illness. poo poo I feel like they tidied up Jesse's anger at him way too quickly. This isn't a usual "dad you're being overprotective" moment, and it's even extra dickish when you remember Wally's mother died of a terminal illness.

The first episode had its flaws, but I think it was a much stronger showing because it just focused on Story A (E2 in Gorilla City) and Story B (Wally and Jesse). This episode was all over the place in comparison and didn't really deliver on what the trailers promised. It was 85% CW dramatics and then 15% of actual action, and that's if you include Barry's high-speed game of decoder.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cisco, you smooth motherfucker.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ha,
"You take care of my little girl."
"I'll die before I let anything happen to her."

drat Wally, you foreshadow any harder you're going to cause an eclipse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Wally dies I wonder if they'll introduce red-headed white Wally from Earth 23.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I haven't watched legends of flarrow since xmas. Is the back half of their seasons good?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Barry no how could you kill someone. :ohdear:
It's really weird how no one is acknowledging that Barry has already killed people.

Rocksicles posted:

Cisco, you smooth motherfucker.
I thought he was being kind of creepy. Especially in the context of the friend zone / red pill stuff he was saying at the start.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He's only creepy if she didn't like him.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

GreenNight posted:

He's only creepy if she didn't like him.
No it was still pretty creepy since he was flirting with her almost non-stop the whole episode, even when she kept ignoring him or shooting him down. That kiss at the end felt like the writer's self-insert nerd boy fantasy of this cool badass hot chick being totally into him. Cisco doesn't deserve these bad writers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It was pretty heavily hinted at in every episode she's been in. Nothing there was a surprise.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

GreenNight posted:

It was pretty heavily hinted at in every episode she's been in. Nothing there was a surprise.
It's less about what has been hinted or not, and more that her entire character just exists to give Cisco a girlfriend. So yeah, it is kind of creepy on a writing level.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

lotus circle posted:

It's less about what has been hinted or not, and more that her entire character just exists to give Cisco a girlfriend. So yeah, it is kind of creepy on a writing level.

Characters who only exist to be love interests are problematic, but I'm not sure creepy is the right word.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

Earth-19 version of the Flash

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Wally: "zooooooooom gonna get a burger, gonna get laid"
Savitar: "sup"
Wally: OH NO

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
Man, Wally and Savitar goin for a burg at the same time, what're the chances

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Big Belly Burger's economic growth is probably skyrocketing based on the number of burgers speedsters buy from them alone.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cruel Rose posted:

Savitar: I will dispose of you quickly, Flash, and then get back to making out with my girlfriend.
Wally: You too?! What's her name?
Savitar: Jessie
Wally:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

Big Belly Burger's economic growth is probably skyrocketing based on the number of burgers speedsters buy from them alone.

no wonder they're a multiversal chain

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just getting caught up on last nights episode and I love HR and Harrison Earth 2 .

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Cruel Rose posted:

awkwaaaaaaarrrrrdddddd

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So why did Cisco need Gypsy?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Barry you've killed at least 20 people. Like why are they even having this conversation?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Burning_Monk posted:

So why did Cisco need Gypsy?

It was explained (poorly) that she was the only one who knew where Solovar was. It was not explained how she knew. Maybe Grodd made her hide him on yet another Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I like that Barry's tactic is to just run in a straight line toward Grodd. This episode was kind of fun but bogged down by some just really dumb poo poo.

• Locked thread