Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

Finally got my new Dark Fina up and running and she rocks in Arena. Only TM I have for her as yet is Dual Wield; I've been completely neglecting magic TMs. I'd start on some now, but I got 4 Shines to do.

After they're done is it worth it to work on Magic TMs for Dark Fina, or should I just keep it up with strictly physical TMs?

I mean, the current event is something of a Magic Gear Check, if that sways your opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I thought the moogles hiding in the maze were pointing out where to go, but i accidentally went in a different cave and got the three star quartz.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think 2 of the 3 doors are good choices, so if you don't go to the moogle you're 50/50 on crapping out.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ive got like 5 zidanes and there is no way I'll use any more than 3 unless because: Tank needs to tank, sure eventually having a WoL 6* with the defense fists means you can ignore a shield and go double weapon but even with all the damage reductions you are taking a massive amount of damage sometimes. And my primary healer will eventually be Tilith once she gets her 6* and she cant even equip weapons in the first place and doesn't scale much at all with SPR

And even then my highest rated offensive units I have are Agrias (I have like 5), and if I can get 3 fully geared and enhanced up, even without using dual wield, I'd still be clearing things super fast while being literally unkillable.

could use five dw for arena

that's what i'm aiming for

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've been ignoring the moogle since the last enchanted maze, I just always go straight (or left at the end). Sometimes I notice a moogle on top of another door and every time I see one I always advance, but I don't know if the times I hit a dead end there was a moogle over another door.

e: really I just don't pay attention, maze is a boring slog with rewards too good to ignore :x

e2: KDiddit's got it, I hit a door when the moogle was over another and hit the dead end.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 28, 2017

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Offense limit breaks are actually decent on DH users right? Get that massive attack applied to a single action, don't need to give up the second attack. Wondering if I should throw my burst pots onto Randi as I'll be swapping Cecil for WoL when he gets his 6*

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Offense limit breaks are actually decent on DH users right? Get that massive attack applied to a single action, don't need to give up the second attack. Wondering if I should throw my burst pots onto Randi as I'll be swapping Cecil for WoL when he gets his 6*

Generally, yes?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

They aren't bad but you'll rarely, if ever, have an LB spam setup unless you're running setups that deal a ton of (elemental) hits for big chains.

Things like Maxwell + friend Maxwell means you have a 50+ hit elemental chain that just showers you with summon/limit crystal drops but for the most part it seems like Gumi learned their lesson from years of Brave Frontier being "spam SB/SBB/UBB from all units every turn" as the gameplay. Olive's LB could be extremely good for bosses since it has significantly high damage compared to its cost, but her single hit skill is probably still probably better if you're putting it as the last hit on some good attack chains.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think part of why I love this game's graphics is because it reminds me of early 2000s flash stuff at times.Something about how things flow, especially with these newer units:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I got suuuuuuuuuuuper lucky on my daily pull and pulled a Garland. I'm currently working on my 2nd Equip L Sword and this drastically cuts down the grind.

I'm so close to having double Chizurus with Excalibur/DW/BM.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It really depends on whether or not that particular unit would ever use their limit break in the first place. Randi doesn't have much in terms of abilities until enhancements come up, but once he does then he has 0 reason to ever limit break.

Hunter Rain, Garland and Cloud on the other hand do have a reason to limit break once they are fully charged up, because they dont have any option better than it.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Oh my god, Iris's limit break is Gladio tossing her at the enemy. :allears:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, I just got my Dark Fina to 100, I can get her MAG up to 557 with Dual Wield and the best equipment and materia I have available.

Should I replace my maxed out Ling (who is built for HP and evasion, since her big thing is her status dances) with Dark Fina as my friend character? Ling is really useful, I've got two and I am one of those

people who win in the Arena by getting everyone stoned rather than brute forcing chained Meteors and whatnot.

Also got a maxed Lightning with 552 ATK. TMs are on the way... eventually.

634, 188, 308 to be pals, 11 slots available. I kick after a week of inactivity, but will re-friend, no questions asked, no limit.

HGH posted:

I think part of why I love this game's graphics is because it reminds me of early 2000s flash stuff at times.Something about how things flow, especially with these newer units:

Gladio, Iris, and... Ignis? Are they in the Japanese version now?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah, that's Cor. Gladio is the 5* base, Cor the 4*, and Iris 3*. They're showing up on a new banner with Noctis for a JP Mog King event.

Also this new trial boss is the funniest looking thing.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 1, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

That looks like something out of Symphony of the Night.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

HGH posted:

Nah, that's Cor. Gladio is the 5* base, Cor the 4*, and Iris 3*. They're showing up on a new banner with Noctis for a JP Mog King event.

Also this new trial boss is the funniest looking thing.

If nobody beats me to it, I'll 'shop the eyes from the awesome smiley on it when I get home.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone able to tell me if the new banner coming out in a few days is any good?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
New banner:
Type-0 Banner #2 featuring Cinque, Eight, Nine and Queen.

Queen has a bunch of global exclusive abilities which might make her no longer the worst base 5.

Another King Mog event.

Cactuar Dunes next weekend.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Ubiquitus posted:

Anyone able to tell me if the new banner coming out in a few days is any good?

General consensus when the last Type-0 event came around and we were talking about the other Type-0 units was no, but the two 6* get global exclusive enhancements that seem pretty good, so I don't know how that changes things.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp, we don't get 10% Moogles for logins anymore, as this month introduces 1% Moogles and they were quick to fill 4 days with them and the last day with a 5% moogle.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Welp, we don't get 10% Moogles for logins anymore, as this month introduces 1% Moogles and they were quick to fill 4 days with them and the last day with a 5% moogle.

At least we got the summon change. That's pretty bitchy but if they make the 1%s and 5%s show up more often then I can be ok with their existence. Given how stingy they were with the other moogles though...

Also:

I would use it as a new Avatar but SA hates my Taiwanese Credit Card for some reason although, Amazon and Paypal both work fine.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 1, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HGH posted:

:argh: that's only 9%!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

:argh: that's only 9%!

:Gumi:-ed again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

We need a moogle friend point event or something. I keep hitting friend point caps but I don't care enough about friend point units to roll more than like twice.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I keep cranking out Killer materia even though I'm pretty sure I have more than I could ever need at this point.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They need to make 1% Trust Moogles available in the shop as a daily deal. I've got plenty of Gil, and am not very likely to macro or whale ever.

This next Type-0 event... what are the odds that Ace, Trey, Jack and Seven will have Phantoma bonuses? Did they use White Phantoma so it could be "different" and the older Type-0 units could be siloed off?

Cheerleader looks a like a great skill for Cecil.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I wonder if nines Action will stack with growth eggs/itself?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

I wonder if nines Action will stack with growth eggs/itself?

Probably, but unless you're drowning in TMs already, the marginal increase for them is unlikely to be worth it. They will pay themselves off eventually, but take their time about doing so.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

Probably, but unless you're drowning in TMs already, the marginal increase for them is unlikely to be worth it. They will pay themselves off eventually, but take their time about doing so.

As someone who has 2 EXP Eggs, I don't regret getting them at all. Until King Cactuars show up, they make Cactuar Dunes not worth it for me. If I pull a Nine, I'll definitely grind him out and more if his effect can stack.

Also friendly reminder for the rare mob that Steal is a friend unit materia so it shouldn't be too hard to grind out 2-3 of them for your best guys if you haven't already done so.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 1, 2017

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Diabolos has mug as well if you spec for it

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Also friendly reminder for the rare mob that Steal is a friend unit materia so it shouldn't be too hard to grind out 2-3 of them for your best guys if you haven't already done so.

Can't you also just kill it? It looked like from the update thing that that would give you more unless I misread it.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Nuebot posted:

We need a moogle friend point event or something. I keep hitting friend point caps but I don't care enough about friend point units to roll more than like twice.

Mischalaniouse posted:

I keep cranking out Killer materia even though I'm pretty sure I have more than I could ever need at this point.

just wait until they make all those killers stack haha

seriously though i mainly just pull them to get more camouflages to make the ai not target units, almost have a fourth one

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Tipme posted:

Diabolos has mug as well if you spec for it

That would probably aggro him. He doesn't attack until he's hit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

As bad as this month's rewards are, Reddit reminded me that we've had it much much worse.

Also the freebie 11 pull probably factored into their reward decision too.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to throw one more 11 pull for an Olive and got Greg instead. What's the best setup for him?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

just wait until they make all those killers stack haha

seriously though i mainly just pull them to get more camouflages to make the ai not target units, almost have a fourth one

Does camouflage stack?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

grats on greg

his own tm genji glove, then depends on what other weapons/tms you have

blade mastery with a katana (miyuki's or genji blade from upcoming trial), and excalibur/deathbringer (or a sword like moonblade if you have leon's tm), then rest +attack gear/tms

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I know that hoping for Orlandu was a bit much but goddamn come on Gumi you jerks. Nobody cares about Type-0. At this rate we're going to get Orlandu then immediately get Tidus or Veritas.

hamsystem posted:

Decided to throw one more 11 pull for an Olive and got Greg instead. What's the best setup for him?

Probably something like:

Excalibur, Sakurafibuki
black hood(?), demon mail
Genji Glove, bracer/celestial gauntlets

blade master, leon's TM, shine TM x2

e: Decided to burn some tickets since no Orlandu any time soon.

Mustiado #4
Freya (new)
Kefka #5
Galuf
Shera #4

:rip: tickets. I'd do an 11 pull to chase Olive but I know I'd just get burned on that.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 1, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Does camouflage stack?

it does, have two on refia and one on ling atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I know that hoping for Orlandu was a bit much but goddamn come on Gumi you jerks. Nobody cares about Type-0. At this rate we're going to get Orlandu then immediately get Tidus or Veritas.

Probably something like:

Excalibur, Sakurafibuki
black hood(?), demon mail
Genji Glove, bracer/celestial gauntlets

blade master, leon's TM, shine TM x2

Doesn't work; Leon's TM is for regular swords, excalibur is a great sword. I think Enhancer is the best non-tm sword available right now (although type-0 event one may be better if it isn't character specific).

• Locked thread