Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Frankston posted:

These are great, and can also double as a colonic irrigation/douche device too.

a nigga who brown nose from he own rear end a shameful nigga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

signalnoise posted:

Hey, that recurring topic: PILLOWS

I just got my kickstarter pillow in yesterday, from that Purple company with the stupid ads. It is amazing.

I've had mine for probably about two weeks and I love it :) I get to sleep faster than I can recall ever doing before. It stays cool all night so there's no need to shift around or flip the pillow to get to the cold side. If you are the kind of person who sleeps with their arms under their heads though, this probably isn't for you. It's super heavy (10 lbs). The silky bamboo cover mine came with is really nice too.

I really want to get those cushions they have for your butt now. My office chair could really use one.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Please tell me about your favorite cordless hand vacuum. I'm tired of settling for adequate: I want something that will say gently caress ME? NO, gently caress YOU to dust and pet hair.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Pastry of the Year posted:

Please tell me about your favorite cordless hand vacuum. I'm tired of settling for adequate: I want something that will say gently caress ME? NO, gently caress YOU to dust and pet hair.

Dustbuster size or full on stick vacuum size? And what is the application?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

signalnoise posted:

Dustbuster size or full on stick vacuum size? And what is the application?

Dustbuster size (ideally, but I am open to new ideas). Vacuuming dust and pet hair off of a thick-pile rug and a hardwood floor, mostly, but something that works great on any surface is absolutely welcome.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I have this one and it works great.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

How do you guys keep your home smelling nice?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I just throw the old one away when it gets funky and buy a new one.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

taqueso posted:

I just throw the old one away when it gets funky and buy a new one.

top 1% of the top 1%, nice.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

colas posted:

Clove oil reed diffuser in the guest bathroom.

Trash goes in trashcans.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

colas posted:

candles, about $3600 per month's worth

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
What's stinky in your house?

I usually have a candle in each room to burn off odors. I have a reusable vacuum filter that I put lavender essential oil on every other time I clean it, which helps a lot. For carpeting/rugs/sofas/mattresses, I've made a baking soda and lavender blend (but you can just use baking soda or another essential oil) and put it in a (clean) Parmesan shaker. Sprinkle some on for ten minutes before vacuuming it off and keep kids or pets away from it for that time. That does a good job at absorbing smell.

In the kitchen, getting a smaller trash can can keep trash smells at bay. I have a regular size can, but I'll put food scraps in a produce bag or spare kitchen bag that I can throw out when I'm done cooking. For your earth-conscience, you can also buy biodegradable or waxed paper bags to use for this purpose.

In the fridge, I have a separate shelf that is eat or clean by the end of the week. If I fail to do either, the food goes in the trash.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Clean your home, douse the entire thing in Nature's Miracle, and keep it clean.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
I'm starting a new job that will necessitate me sleeping during the day. Any recommendations for a good sleep mask or something of the sort?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Replace all your water with Febreeze.
Or find some incense that you like. It's really cheap.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

I'm starting a new job that will necessitate me sleeping during the day. Any recommendations for a good sleep mask or something of the sort?

Third shift worker reporting in. This is what you want:
Black out curtains
White noise machine
Melatonin
Ear plugs if living in a area with lots of noise traffic
F.lux or something similar on phones / computers to prevent exposure to blue light prior to going to sleep

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Etrips posted:

Black out curtains
White noise machine
Melatonin
Ear plugs if living in an area with lots of noise traffic
F.lux or something similar on phones / computers to prevent exposure to blue light prior to going to sleep

As an ex-shift worker, I agree with all the above.

Edit: You may want to watch your diet as well, meal plan some healthy stuff. I put on weight and felt crap eating ton of junk food at the wrong time of day.

v v v The eye mask I'm using at the moment is this one. v v v

spookygonk has a new favorite as of 22:06 on Feb 27, 2017

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I use sleeping masks, I work evenings but used to do overnights and have halfway kept the sleep schedule, the thing is that the elastic is always gonna wear out so don't get anything too fancy because you need to replace them every six months or so, and I like the moulded style that has little cups over your eyes because otherwise I get a weird feeling of pressure on my eyes.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Etrips posted:

Black out curtains
White noise machine
Melatonin
Ear plugs if living in a area with lots of noise traffic

As an ex-shift worker as well, I'd recommend specifically Hearos form earplugs and something like blue-light prescription blocking lenses (Zennioptical does these quite cheaply, like $70 a pair delivered). I would personally avoid eye masks entirely and use the curtains exclusively.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

colas posted:

I switched to activated carbon air filters.

They're relatively expensive but I think it's worth it since you only replace it a few times a year. After I cook strong smelling foods, I run the HVAC fan continuously for an 1-2 hours and the smells are completely gone. Before I found these filters, the smell would linger overnight or more.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

colas posted:

Leave the kitchen and bathroom windows partially open at all times, open all windows fully whenever the outside temperature allows me to do so, throw out garbage regularly, rinse dishes as soon as you're done with them (unless you're going to wash them immediately).

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

Switched to a more expensive brand of weed.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

colas posted:

Put the cats litter box in your living room. It'll smell bad for a while, but you'll get used to it, and then it's great!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Thanks for all the jokes guys. Now how do I relieve the pain in my sides?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
What're the couple of goon-approved underwear brands? Need good boxer briefs, feel like it's come up in this thread but can't find it immediately.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Uniqlo Airism and Ex-officio Give-n-Go are the normal reqs, also I believe there was some adidas seamless thing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

uwaeve posted:

What're the couple of goon-approved underwear brands? Need good boxer briefs, feel like it's come up in this thread but can't find it immediately.

MeUndies. After years of Jockey and Hanes brand boxer briefs I'm never going back.

I tried one pair of Ex-officio and threw them out. Scratchy seams.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I should mention I don't care for ex-officio, they don't seem to fit my butt.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Great, thanks!

e:

Dick Trauma posted:

MeUndies. After years of Jockey and Hanes brand boxer briefs I'm never going back.

I tried one pair of Ex-officio and threw them out. Scratchy seams.

I'm not going to ask how you got your username, but I am taking your underwear recommendations extremely seriously.

uwaeve has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Mar 1, 2017

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

taqueso posted:

I should mention I don't care for ex-officio, they don't seem to fit my butt.

Ex-officio doesn't stay snug like Underarmors do. Don't like my pair either.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Out of ExOfficio, Adidas Climacool, and Uniqlo Airism, Airism is the most comfortable by a mile for me. Hell, I'm wearing them right now and it feels like i'm wearin... nothin at all!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

Thanks for all the jokes guys. Now how do I relieve the pain in my sides?

Switch to a more expensive brand of weed.

uwaeve posted:

About 4-5 years ago I bought a dozen pairs of Ex-officio boxer briefs that are still going strong, no real wear and the elastic is still good and tight.

Airsims: I love their undershirts, the only ones I will wear anymore. But the undies and always felt like they were digging in to the sides of my crotch? The waist and thigh area felt fine so I didn't want to size up.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Another vote for the ex officio boxer briefs. I also have about a dozen pairs ranging from about a year old to a couple weeks old and can't tell which are the old ones and which are the new ones, so they're holding up well. Seams don't bother me and i find them comfy and dry and great at preventing/reducing ball sweat stank. If I had a complaint it's that they make my rear end look dumpy (tbf, my rear end is dumpy) and they tend to do a weird camel toe fold around my junk but since I'm not modeling them, function outweighs form.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Switch to a more expensive brand of weed.

About 4-5 years ago I bought a dozen pairs of Ex-officio boxer briefs that are still going strong, no real wear and the elastic is still good and tight.

Airsims: I love their undershirts, the only ones I will wear anymore. But the undies and always felt like they were digging in to the sides of my crotch? The waist and thigh area felt fine so I didn't want to size up.

Which kind were you using on the airism undies? The full boxer briefs don't have that problem for me, but I could see it being a problem with low rise or just briefs

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

Which kind were you using on the airism undies? The full boxer briefs don't have that problem for me, but I could see it being a problem with low rise or just briefs

It was the boxer briefs. I feel like because they're so much slicker than the ex officio's maybe they were just bunching up more?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

It was the boxer briefs. I feel like because they're so much slicker than the ex officio's maybe they were just bunching up more?

It's possible you aren't fat enough

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Need a recommendation for an office chair for my home office.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Need a recommendation for an office chair for my home office.

Steelcase and Haworth are great brands, but what's your budget my dude

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

Steelcase and Haworth are great brands, but what's your budget my dude

200 tops? I know that isn't alot for a good chair. I just looked at Steelcase and holy hell thats alot of money for a chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

It's possible you aren't fat enough

Look buddy I don't know who you've been talking to, but I've got plenty of girth.

I do have a pretty severe case of Hank Hill butt, so that might be it.