Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

One might call it bigly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hey don't be discouraged, lol thread. just because they adderalled easy d up, or hypnotized him, or bannon had baron back at the mansion with a .45 to his dome and he managed to be coherent for 90 minutes, i feel it'll be back to business as usual soon.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
don't be surprised if it takes a little longer, iirc he was able to lay low for up to a week occasionally during the campaign

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Efexeye posted:

hey don't be discouraged, lol thread. just because they adderalled easy d up, or hypnotized him, or bannon had baron back at the mansion with a .45 to his dome and he managed to be coherent for 90 minutes, i feel it'll be back to business as usual soon.

Stock ticker LMT, lol.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

I think everything is going to be fine and everyone needs to calm the gently caress down and stop being so overdramatic

I think you need to freaking die bro.

e: Of lols and lack of obamacare, that is. A good death.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

Stock ticker LMT, lol.

I said in the chat thread he will get a bump out of this but man...people want to be snowed by that performance. Reading the speech to the teleprompter for an hour really unfucked him with a lot of ostensibly intelligent people

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
RESIST RESIST RESIST.

*Trump gives exactly 1 coherent speech*

Wow! Such president, what a leader. Wow.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

that's like almost a visit to the dentist

$1000 would fix like, 3-4 cavities and that's it. maybe. if you don't get the really good fillings.

bag em and tag em posted:

The GOP was probably more upset about the speech than anyone every tims he mentioned one of his bigly expensive programs.

The GOP hasn't been about less spending for decades at this point. They say they are to get votes and then cut "liberal" programs and just turn around and fund their own poo poo.

Look at the Bush years.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 1, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Pretend I made a photoshop of that tweet of Debbie Wasserman-Shcultz, except its CNN:

Here's Ol' Bitch rear end CNN, acting like this isn't all their fault

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Moridin920 posted:

$1000 would fix like, 3-4 cavities and that's it. maybe. if you don't get the really good fillings.

The GOP hasn't been about less spending for decades at this point. They say they are to get votes and then cut "liberal" programs and just turn around and fund their own poo poo.

Look at the Bush years.

Government expendetures to "contractors" i.e. publicly held companies whose stock and debt are held primarily by institutions. Government expendeture is just another wealth pass through to the wealthy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Moridin920 posted:

this costs me £50ish lol. dentistry is the only healthcare i pay out of pocket for

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

this costs me £50ish lol. dentistry is the only healthcare i pay out of pocket for

Yeah dentistry costs in this country are beyond insane.

In Germany dentistry was part of my regular insurance (for which I paid 70 euro a month for, as a student tho tbf) except in addition to the insurance premium there was also a 10 or 15 euro copay once per quarter. So if you go to the dentist 3-4 times in one calendar quarter you only pay that copay the one time. Covered all dental work.

Here, one filling is hundreds of dollars and if you need a root canal + crown that is easily thousands. GF just had that done out of pocket, was over a grand for the root canal and almost a grand for the crown.

Dental insurance is useless too because unless you have fucko teeth and you're there constantly the savings you get aren't more than what you pay in premiums - esp since most dentists will give you a cash or no insurance discount which is usually at the very least 10%.

I don't quite remember what I paid to get my wisdom teeth out but it was thousands of dollars not hundreds.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

hamtaro posted:

trump is so simple

something bad happened: those clowns in the white house did it again.

something good happened: it was me. I am your chosen president. My will is the most powerful and my hands are the biggliest

From a while back but I have always refered to this as the "George Lucas Effect" because when he released the updated versions they had a short video before each movie and whenever George would talk about an... improvement... such as CGI Snowspeeders, it was always something HE did and HE wanted. Whenever he talked about something that was impossible to do at the time it was always something THEY couldn't do and THEY didn't have the technology for

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

I don't quite remember what I paid to get my wisdom teeth out but it was thousands of dollars not hundreds.

fukn lmao

Just fly to Hungaria dude

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Professor Shark posted:

From a while back but I have always refered to this as the "George Lucas Effect" because when he released the updated versions they had a short video before each movie and whenever George would talk about an... improvement... such as CGI Snowspeeders, it was always something HE did and HE wanted. Whenever he talked about something that was impossible to do at the time it was always something THEY couldn't do and THEY didn't have the technology for

It's called the "rear end in a top hat narcissist" effect, where the rear end in a top hat narcissist takes credit for every successful thing and throws everyone and everything except themselves under the bus when something fails.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lolling today at the weak willed fake news complimenting the speech and calling Trump presidential because he managed to read a teleprompter for 90 minutes or whatever without making GBS threads his pants or accusing Jews of anti-semiting themselves

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Democrats are bad, see?

lol

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Lolling today at the weak willed fake news complimenting the speech and calling Trump presidential because he managed to read a teleprompter for 90 minutes or whatever without making GBS threads his pants or accusing Jews of anti-semiting themselves

To be fair, I would also call an 8 year old student council president reading their speech for the school assembly "presidential" and would be very proud of them

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
To be totally fair DWS is pretty fuckin bad

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
"Trump is... good?" -The same people Trump has been specifically calling liars for months and barring from press conferences

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
If Trump knew how easy it was to cow the media he might have started reading speeches verbatim awhile ago.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It is possible to compliment someone on their eloquence while still deriding their content. These are not mutually exclusive things. Still, lol at CNN licking trump's boots.

Edit: especially when there was no indication last night would be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I lol'd when trump said he instructed the DoD to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS. How come no one else ever thought of doing that?!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if they had any self respect at all they'd go with "well he managed to speak like an adult this time maybe next time it won't be full of fabrications"

but they don't because they just want to sell their product without being bothered by any kind of journalistic integrity

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

In many ways, the world is much like star wars indeed.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
"Trump puts illiteracy rumors to bed, for now" would've been a good headline for an article about his speech

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

haljordan posted:

I lol'd when trump said he instructed the DoD to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS. How come no one else ever thought of doing that?!

everyone else was too low T. finally we elected a strong ruler with the courage to stand up to amercia's enemies

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Dial-a-Dog posted:

"Trump puts illiteracy rumors to bed, for now" would've been a good headline for an article about his speech

"Rumor has it Trump had an earpiece with an aide reading the words to him behind the curtains, sources say."

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I will forever be laughing since a vast majority of evangelicals proved how full of poo poo they are by voting for Trump.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Yvershek posted:

I will forever be laughing since a vast majority of evangelicals proved how full of poo poo they are by voting for Trump.

but but but abortions

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dizz posted:

"Rumor has it Trump had an earpiece with an aide reading the words to him behind the curtains, sources say."

Who's got the biggest nose on his staff?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
MLK was wrong.

:suicide:

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

lol