Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

RaySmuckles posted:

lebron has no claim to cosmic justice against the spurs.

he got bailed out by a one in a million ray allen miracle shot.

they're both going to have to play from scratch.

though, if the matchup is anything like the regular season, it'll be great!

I get your point here but I'm not sure that I'd call a Ray Allen corner 3 a "one in a million miracle" shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Matt Barnes just looks like a scumbag.

I got news for you.

And also, there's a H.S. player of the year here who looks (unfortunately) like he could be Barnes' son. Supposedly a real good kid.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I get your point here but I'm not sure that I'd call a Ray Allen corner 3 a "one in a million miracle" shot

hahaha, when i was writing it i actually did think about the real probability of that scenario, but just went with "one in a million" as more of an expression. its funny that you bring it up because i actually wondered if it would be.

either way, lebron got his revenge for '07 in spades and then the spurs got their revenge the next year. so, all in all, spurs and lebron are even. plus with timmy being gone, its a whole new chapter. kawhi/lebron is set at 0

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Who else is excited for the first ever player to receive china mvp and nba finals mvp in the same season

The cavs are out of roster spots :confused:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The problem with Jimmer averaging so much in China is he will believe it proves his point that the offense should always run through him.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I started thinking about the circumstance leading up to the shot too, LeBron missing so wide, Bosh being in just the right spot, Duncan not being on the floor for the rebound. Not to mention everything that preceded it in those final 30 seconds.

All that said I would absolutely be in for a Spurs/Cavs final

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Actually the Kevin Durant injury has capped off the energy needed for the narrative machine to boost okc to the finals on full bullshit

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This made me sad. What a nice letter. I hope he comes back one day

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There goes any positive thoughts people had left for Amar'e.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18795222/amare-stoudemire-says-avoid-gay-teammate

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

Actually the Kevin Durant injury has capped off the energy needed for the narrative machine to boost okc to the finals on full bullshit

OKC will make it to the western conference finals on the back of McBuckets, calling it now.

Bulls castoffs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BWV posted:

This made me sad. What a nice letter. I hope he comes back one day

I kept pulling for something to click on in his head and for him to be a force in the league, and it never happened. I wish him well.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

I hope the fans show some class when GSW return to OKC for that last game. He did play his rear end off for 7 or so years for the franchise

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

RaySmuckles posted:

its just that the clippers are spurs-killers.

two powerful bigs that the spurs have had trouble stopping and cp3 who always gives the spurs fits.

as a spurs fan, i'm not afraid of houston. not at all, really. but i am fearful of the clips, just because of the way they match up and the history.

well, let's fight for the 1 seed and then start panicking.

I'm not super afraid of the Clippers. They're a good team but they got incredibly lucky to beat the Spurs a couple years ago, and I think this team is better suited to beat them. My biggest problem with the Clippers is they'd make the series unwatchable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Mambold posted:

I hope the fans show some class when GSW return to OKC for that last game. He did play his rear end off for 7 or so years for the franchise

What's your point

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Matt Barnes just looks like a scumbag.

Hes the only dude who can make Derek Fisher look like an upstanding guy.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

quote:

"I'm going to shower across the street, make sure my change of clothes are around the corner," Stoudemire said in an interview with Israeli website Walla Sport. "And I'm going to drive -- take a different route to the gym."

Haha he's literally frightened that a gay person will see him naked (because ??? Perhaps he fears that the romance of the moment will overcome him and he will have to rethink his self-image as he lays naked on the lockerroom floor in the post-coital embrace of his teammate?)

homophobia is such a strange old-fashioned insecurity

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Derek Fisher was in violation imo.

You can't just cook on another man's grill like that.

Look the ex and kids can make their own decision about who they want to spend time with. But you can't be out here cooking food on my grill. That is a sacred bond.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Paul Zuvella posted:

If Durant is out or not at 100%, then Houston's strategy of "outshoot Golden State" becomes way, way more feasible. They are going to have to play old rear end David West and Old rear end Andre Iguodala way more, which is going to limit their efficiency.

Counting on Matt Barnes to do anything other than fight someone is a fools errand, and they are going to have to play Klay out of position more, which limits how they can hide Steph of defense. It's a big deal.

I could see Dubs w/o Durant beating the Rockets, but theyd probably go small enough that it's one of the few teams Houston could destroy on the boards

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP Embiid

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

TheShazbot posted:

Portland will sneak into the 8 seed against the Warriors and knock them out. Houston will get revenge in round 2 for 0.9 and then win the championship.

Thankfully Portland has been losing all their games lately.

Jerry Stackhouse
Apr 12, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Haha fantastic thank you these posts always rule

should I read Jaap van Ginneken books? That opening quote is very nice.

I've only read the one book, but for what it's worth I thought it was very good. That's where all the CIA stuff came from.

And bless you, DeimosRising, Rick, Dejan, etc., you're good people.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Embiid is out for the rest of the season, Rotoworld reports.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Portland sneaking into the 8th would be a failure for them at this point.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The process is dead, love live The Process.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How did Amare handle living in New York and South Florida?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/837030100210171906

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Sam Hinkie = bad GM again

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did Amare handle living in New York and South Florida?

Well he's jewish so...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

"Show some class" lol. He left them in a rough way. Cheering/Booing for him at this point isn't really indicative of showing class. (With the exception of at the time of his injury) Now is a good time to bring up Durant's image is completely fake and he has done things like using the Bible to help promote Nike backpacks/his image.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 1, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
32 games in three seasons for Embiid. 4th major injury in 4 years going back to college.

But at least we got that 2020 second round pick for Noel

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Minor meniscus tear

Sure Bryan

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

Minor meniscus tear

Bryan Colangelo - Professional Liar

Free Hinkie

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Joel Emb-oden IMO

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

Lmao good joke

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

At least his feet are fine

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So Embiid tore his meniscus at some point in time, kept playing until he got a bone bruise which required an MRI. The torn meniscus was discovered during the MRI, they then let him play a national TV game against the Rockets with both the bone bruise and the torn meniscus while stating that the tear was minor and not that big a deal. And now the last MRI revealed the bone bruise is healing fine but the meniscus tear is actually not as minor as believed but it won't require surgery. But it will still keep him out for the year.

Cool, cool.

Also the team is still trying to say it isn't a serious injury and won't impact his long term health despite having him miss the last 3 1/2 months of the season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He def getting surgery

It will be in October tho

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Art is dead

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spacebump posted:

"Show some class" lol. He left them in a rough way. Cheering/Booing for him at this point isn't really indicative of showing class. (With the exception of at the time of his injury) Now is a good time to bring up Durant's image is completely fake and he has done things like using the Bible to help promote Nike backpacks/his image.

I remember a couple years ago Mourningview going lol if you think he'll stay in OK out of loyalty to the franchise or the city and I was like "But he donated a million bucks to the community relief the week of that horrendous tornado." and Mourningview was like yeah, whatever.
Idk if he's fake or just impulsive or if I even have a point here. But now he's hurt so it would be lovely for the fans to rub it in. IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'll admit it, averaging close to 40 a game, China or no, is kind of impressive

It'd be interesting if he actually learned anything helpful in China, but I kind of doubt it.

It isn't at all actually. Washed up dudes who can't get an NBA contract put up silly numbers there all the time

• Locked thread