Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly outfits and monthly kits should be worth at least twice what they are right now. They get sniped instantly and having them be worth more would incentivize people to spend more money on them to put them on the market.

Yeah, with some high level grinding spots giving 8-10mil an hour in drops, you could double the market price of costumes/value pack without having much impact on the p2w concerns, and make it more appealing to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

gwrtheyrn posted:

10 mil gold, a loot box, and a 7 day horse whistle

How do you get that 10 mil gold and the loot box?

I made a DK some days ago, but got nothing when i logged on today.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Ineptitude posted:

How do you get that 10 mil gold and the loot box?

I made a DK some days ago, but got nothing when i logged on today.

They'll probably put it in the mail in a week or two. The event just said "a future maintenance"

quote:

Dark Knight Level Up Missions have been added.
Duration: Mar. 1st through Mar. 29th
Dark Knight Has Reached Lv. 15!! Reward: 10G Ingot
Dark Knight Has Reached Lv. 25!! Reward: 20G Ingot, 10 [Event] Cold Draft Beers
Dark Knight Has Reached Lv. 35!! Reward: 30G Ingot, 5 Black Stones (Weapon), 5 Black Stones (Armor), 10 [Event] Cold Dark Beers
Dark Knight Has Reached Lv. 45!! Reward: 10 [Event] Elion’s Tears, 3 Hard Black Crystal Shards, 3 Sharp Black Crystal Shards
Dark Knight Has Reached Lv. 55!! Reward: 100G Ingot, [Event] Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (1 Day), 2 [Event] Lauren Family Gift Boxes
Hey this is apparently a thing as well but ugh competing for a weapon on the market sounds loving awful

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 1, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

They'll probably put it in the mail in a week or two. The event just said "a future maintenance"

Hey this is apparently a thing as well but ugh competing for a weapon on the market sounds loving awful

I honestly dont know how people are going to get 15+ liverto swords for their dark knights with the prices of memory frags being as high as they are. Its not worth it at all.

I might just get a bares or rosar one up instead of waiting for liverto 15+s to get more accessible.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I honestly dont know how people are going to get 15+ liverto swords for their dark knights with the prices of memory frags being as high as they are. Its not worth it at all.

I might just get a bares or rosar one up instead of waiting for liverto 15+s to get more accessible.

Krea and Rosar are apparently the cool green weapons now although you lose the set bonus if you want to use a saiyer knot

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I actually meant Krea

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

gwrtheyrn posted:

Ah then i misunderstood, i thought it was going to be waiting in the mailbox upon login today.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Saying it'll be hard to get a high tier kreiggmesser or whatever, someone already has a tri kzarka one in the server

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Saying it'll be hard to get a high tier kreiggmesser or whatever, someone already has a tri kzarka one in the server

I might just grind up some contribution and rent a weapon to 55

J
Jun 10, 2001

I was pre ordering rosar kriegwhatevers for about 200k a pop last weekend, bought enough of them to enhance it up to pri. Not going any higher than that unless I really like DK, which I'm expecting not to but who knows. Trying to buy them now is probably much more annoying now that everyone has DK fever.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Is it worth failstacking for green stuff or do you just mash stones into them until they succeed or want to preserve whatever stack you've built?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Depends on whether or not you dont care about the money. You are still saving some for doing the fail stack dance.

also what the gently caress kakao just one outfit for the dark knights and it sucks?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

TVDinna posted:

Character expansion slots are very important. More energy for getting those energy potions, night vendor, etc.

Is it though? I've got like ~270 energy and multiple characters. I am way too loving lazy to login to any of my alts. Like every 2 weeks I might login as the alts and buy the biggest energy potion I can. It's so tedious and not fun though most the time I don't even bother. Most the time I'm sitting at max energy on all characters though. Once in awhile I'll blow 250 energy on the night vendor for giggles, I've never bought anything though.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
How is Kalis as a weapon for a DK at the moment?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Archonex posted:

I was told Rosar was the way to go if you are just going to use one of the base greens and not liverto or kzarka. Also if building armor from scratch, the advice now is to go Heve for helmet/shoes/gloves and then use the quest armor you get at 50 since it basically ends up as an ultimate duo grunil.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Archonex posted:

I would not enhance a kalis weapon if not just for ease of resale, but for more detail....Compared to rosar you're giving up a gem slot (+2 ap) and the ignore resist set bonus to gain .5 AP and the dumb rain effect, so you're really losing 1.5 AP and the potential set bonus to get the rain effect. Now you may not actually be utilizing the set bonus if you opt for the dim magical knot or saiyer which is apparently good, but if you were to krea comes out to the same AP after extra +2 gem it can socket but it also gets an accuracy set bonus. Yuria is also probably better, but definitely better for resale

Edit: I suppose you could end up repurposing it for failstack building

Eltoasto posted:

I was told Rosar was the way to go if you are just going to use one of the base greens and not liverto or kzarka. Also if building armor from scratch, the advice now is to go Heve for helmet/shoes/gloves and then use the quest armor you get at 50 since it basically ends up as an ultimate duo grunil.

Most people say this also because first pieces of boss armor recommended are usually bhegs and muskans which breaks all of the grunil set bonuses. If you ever want to have alts with decent gear, getting a set of grunil, or at least the helm/glove pair, first will help you in the short term and you can pawn off the full set to the alt when you're ready to spend on boss gear.

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 2, 2017

J
Jun 10, 2001

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is it worth failstacking for green stuff or do you just mash stones into them until they succeed or want to preserve whatever stack you've built?

I don't know if this is the most efficient way to do it but the rough guideline I use for green items is to look at the number of stones it takes to force enhance when you mouse over the force enhance button. For green weapons and armor that number is the average number of stones it would take to enhance if you just mashed stones into it starting at 0 failstacks. If that force enhance number is like 10 or less, I just mash stones into the item. If I get to 10 failstacks I stop and start over on a different character with 0 failstacks and save the 10 stack for later.

If the force enhance number is higher than 10 then I'll mash stones into a +14 reblath until I get somewhere around 5-8 failstacks below whatever that force enhance number is. Then I'll use stones on the actual item. So say it takes 17 stones to force my kriegwhatever. I'd build failstacks to about 10 on a reblath piece, then throw stones at the actual weapon, and if I got to 17 stacks I'd stop and start over on another character. If the +14 reblath binks up to +15, I throw it on a negative karma suicide alt to downrank it back to +14.

Doing it this way I'll typically have some stacks in the 15-20 range ready to go for the +14 and +15 levels. Then do pri attempts with a stack in the 10-20 range, duo in the 20-25 range, and start tri attempts with a 30 stack. If I fail tri a bunch I'll stop and save the 50 stacks for tet attempts on some poo poo down the line.

For items like kzarkas and dandelions that are more expensive to repair I build more failstacks with the reblath before putting stones into the expensive item.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Kzarka Kerigeargaklejrlagker were on the NV so that's how people had their TRI Kzarka ones already.

As for Liverto one, it's quite easy to just store up a few Liverto bundles and sit on those until DK launched, then open it on the DK.
Memory Frags are actually less optimal than using a single Liverto + Artisan Memory.

Also, it was brought to my attention I got put on the OP for the gear up fast guide.
It should be amended that the Blue/Red Coral accessories are better value for the poor newer players. DUO Blue Coral Rings are 7AP + some WP/MP/SP and are only 6mil. DUO Blue Coral Earring 8AP and only 45mil. DUO Shultz Glad belt is also much better value too.
DO NOT WASTE Failstacks on enchanting them yourself though. Throw a preorder up for like 10-15mil more and see if you can preorder one or try to snipe one when it gets posted. These get posted fairly often.
These will hold you over until you're ready to start flushing money down the toilet in the endgame of BDO.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Archonex posted:

Kalis on the whole is a pretty good standby until you feel like sniping a TRI liverto or something much later. Normally pretty cheap & easy to get new ones for all that max durability repair.

Right now Dark Knight is the latest hot brand new flavor so everything is scarce (even the complete poo poo you wouldn't consider) but I imagine that given time you'll be able to just buy what you need outright.

I'm just tossing +8 weapon/offhand because that's practically free and levelling most of the way for now. Then I'll park it until the gear is commonplace on the auction house.
Because :effort:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 2, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently a good chunk of the DK outfits are seasonal and we missed all of them because they came out for winter, new years and saint valentines. God drat it kakao

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I dunno what NA is like, but oh my god [Roleplay] on EU is the worst chat channel. It's a total mystery why it took me so long to disable it. It's legitimately awful some of the poo poo people are saying in there :smith:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Wilekat posted:

I dunno what NA is like, but oh my god [Roleplay] on EU is the worst chat channel. It's a total mystery why it took me so long to disable it. It's legitimately awful some of the poo poo people are saying in there :smith:

It's bad on NA. Extremely, very bad, and terrible.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Apparently a good chunk of the DK outfits are seasonal and we missed all of them because they came out for winter, new years and saint valentines. God drat it kakao

Devious business strats...Week 1 release one outfit we all have to buy if we want 10% bonus...Week 2 and 3 release sexy outfits you want to buy to look good...Week 4 release awakening outfit/costume that of course you have to buy.

That's my guess, but I'm having so much fun with the DK that I don't care!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Wilekat posted:

On NA it is basically /pol/. Lots of right winger deplorable 4chan /pol/ talk. And Alienware memes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are a bunch of these cash shop items similar to GW2? Like if I buy an inventory expansion would have the extra slots any character I make?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are a bunch of these cash shop items similar to GW2? Like if I buy an inventory expansion would have the extra slots any character I make?

All inventory related upgrades are character specific, and all storage related items are shared since storage is shared. Pets are shared. Don't buy inventory stuff until you decide which class you're sticking with, worst case you can save up loyalty for it if you want

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Only some, so be careful with it until you are settled on a main. Regional inventory is account based, but don't buy that. Character inventory spots and weight are only per character, but pets, maids, mounts are account based. There are quests that give you inventory slots, so i would hold off until you've done them, are certain of your main, and still want more. Here is a google doc of them.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Anyone have any advice on what skills are good for a leveling DK? What to max, combos, etc?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Apparently wheel of fortune is the #1 skill, other than that I have no idea

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Only some, so be careful with it until you are settled on a main. Regional inventory is account based, but don't buy that. Character inventory spots and weight are only per character, but pets, maids, mounts are account based. There are quests that give you inventory slots, so i would hold off until you've done them, are certain of your main, and still want more. Here is a google doc of them.

When was this guide last updated?
A significant overhaul was done recently and a lot of the inventory quests were removed and replcaed with other ones. That's why a bunch of people got bag space upgrades in the mail as compensation for removal of these quests.
I skipped over a lot of the bag quests because I p2w'ed for them but the update was probably in the last month IIRC.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I doubt it has been updated since then, but it should just be the co-op ones effected, but yeah for new people the co-op quests were replaced with some "gift of the black spirit" quest that probably just gives you the expansion item.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Well not quite--you get the gift of the black spirit quest after finishing the relevant storyline quest, most of which have not changed. You still have to kill the boss, but right after you do you talk to the black spirit to get the gift quest. I don't know why they even bothered

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im liking DK. Something about the sudden burst of speed of her dash and dash attacks flow wells. Plus all the purple effects are pretty.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So should I be using these black stones to upgrade my armor and weapon as I level? I've got a musa at 42 and I only bothered to upgrade a Kalis weapon to +5.

I've got like almost a 100 of each lying around in my warehouses at this point. So yeah. Not sure if i'd actually need that many until later on.

Also, for a Musa is a mix of Heve and Grunil any good prior to boss equipment? I've been running Grunil's gloves and helm for the AP bonus but was wondering what would be good for the chest and shoes. +250 HP seemed like it would be nice as a buffer, even though I basically never get hit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Full grunil or Helmet/gloves grunil + taritas armor and boots are good starter combos for Musa/Maehwa

Heve is only good on rangers

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Archonex posted:

So should I be using these black stones to upgrade my armor and weapon as I level? I've got a musa at 42 and I only bothered to upgrade a Kalis weapon to +5.

I've got like almost a 100 of each lying around in my warehouses at this point. So yeah. Not sure if i'd actually need that many until later on.

Also, for a Musa is a mix of Heve and Grunil any good prior to boss equipment? I've been running Grunil's gloves and helm for the AP bonus but was wondering what would be good for the chest and shoes. +250 HP seemed like it would be nice as a buffer, even though I basically never get hit.

You can go up to +6 or +7 without a chance of failing, so for sure slam a couple more into the weapon. How much silver are you sitting on? I don't know that class so i'm not sure if you should keep upgrading the Kalis or go with a liverto or something else.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Hah. The first anniversary event boss was due to spawn about 10 minutes ago. I currently have no idea if it managed or not. Apparently telling the entire of the EU playerbase to congregate in 5 channels in the same spot at the same time wasn't a good idea?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wilekat posted:

Hah. The first anniversary event boss was due to spawn about 10 minutes ago. I currently have no idea if it managed or not. Apparently telling the entire of the EU playerbase to congregate in 5 channels in the same spot at the same time wasn't a good idea?

They never learn

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So if I'm following the advice of avoiding gambling and just buying my gear pre-enchanted, should I just be selling my blackstones on the marketplace to get more gold for gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Trip report: Unsure.

Have I missed the boss? Maybe he hasn't spawned? Who knows!