Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

VulgarandStupid posted:

I regret buying this game because it has the problem that all survival games have: whoever spends the most time playing can run the whole server. It's not even about pvp skill, it's just about offline attacking every base you see so no one can get a foothold and a base with a design you saw on youtube.

The Conan theme is great and all, the gods and slaves are kind of cool but there isn't really enough to make it different or overcome the survival game issues. It's also really nice that the focus is more towards melee than ranged combat than games like Rust. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix the universal balance issues, though.

It does strike me as funny that the original plan for the goon server was have a two day locked server head start to level up and build up so the goon superiority against pubbies could never be challenged. And then the admins' clan locked their discord channel so other goons couldn't chat with them, constantly raided the other goon clans base at 6 AM for a few days and then wondered why no one wanted to play with them.
Find A PVP server where destroying people's bases is against the rules. on our server we have 5 small groups all relatively equal with tons of trading and violence but everybody builds cool poo poo because nobody is knocking all your poo poo over just because it's there. You can knock down people's walls and loot their chests and crafting stations but destroying all of somebody's stuff to just strangle them in the crib isn't fun for anybody. Last night my 2 man clan broke into a rival clans base while they were all online, killed them, filled our pockets and left and everybody still has their giant citadel and had a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VulgarandStupid posted:

I regret buying this game because it has the problem that all survival games have: whoever spends the most time playing can run the whole server. It's not even about pvp skill, it's just about offline attacking every base you see so no one can get a foothold and a base with a design you saw on youtube.

The Conan theme is great and all, the gods and slaves are kind of cool but there isn't really enough to make it different or overcome the survival game issues. It's also really nice that the focus is more towards melee than ranged combat than games like Rust. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix the universal balance issues, though.

It does strike me as funny that the original plan for the goon server was have a two day locked server head start to level up and build up so the goon superiority against pubbies could never be challenged. And then the admins' clan locked their discord channel so other goons couldn't chat with them, constantly raided the other goon clans base at 6 AM for a few days and then wondered why no one wanted to play with them.

come play with us goons on 178. we've gone full chinese living under mountains and out of bounds while raiding people every night.

Last night we had a huge haul of 1200 steel bars, 700 shaped wood, 600 harden brick, 2 lv 3 black smiths, lv 4 smelter, and 200 steel reinforcements. Also we brought back ton of random good stuff like ambrosia, twine, etc.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Found out that mass suicides can get a little bad for the area if you don't destroy the bodies completely. My friend and I were harvesting ourselves for ambrosia and it became completely unplayable after a good sized pile of corpses was built up. People elsewhere on the server were okay but everyone in the area had to log out and wait for the corpses to despawn.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Cpl Clegg posted:

I see a single EU server in the OP, is anyone actually playing there ? It's almost empty and I'm not sure I want to invest time into it if there are no goons around.

Where you EU guys are playing now ?

It has been a bit empty the last week or so I think. I'm crunching for exams so not playing much and while I like the game and see the potential my interest has tapered off a bit, just sort of waiting for more content and polish but I pop on every now and then still, dunno about the other guys.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://plays.tv/video/58b67d6ec5266a1b35/god

We just hit some nerd called Friggan Dan on Official 178 with Set. Game is fun.

Doctors Inc
May 28, 2011

Cpl Clegg posted:

I see a single EU server in the OP, is anyone actually playing there ? It's almost empty and I'm not sure I want to invest time into it if there are no goons around.

I guess we talked on sun/monday. This is Arc.
I mostly play on weekends now that the initial hype has died down a bit, but I still play. Can't speak for anybody else though.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cpl Clegg posted:

There are less than 10 players active and I hope this rises in the future.

A lot of us have reduced their commitment a bit recently, while waiting for new content. My uni semester starts next week and my gaming time goes into the current ranked season of WoWS for the moment.

Server itself is up 24/7 with one daily reboot, usually runs great and I try to be on-time with the updates. It's also prepaid for the next quarter and if the game shapes up nicely then I will keep running this for quite some time.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 1, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Horney posted:

Find A PVP server where destroying people's bases is against the rules. on our server we have 5 small groups all relatively equal with tons of trading and violence but everybody builds cool poo poo because nobody is knocking all your poo poo over just because it's there. You can knock down people's walls and loot their chests and crafting stations but destroying all of somebody's stuff to just strangle them in the crib isn't fun for anybody. Last night my 2 man clan broke into a rival clans base while they were all online, killed them, filled our pockets and left and everybody still has their giant citadel and had a good time.

Bbbbut how else are we supposed to harvest those PUBBIE TEARS!!???!! :byodood: :byodame: :black101:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

CoffeeBooze posted:

Oh wow, Legendary The Worst Thread poster Tony Montana is now posting in this thread too. This thread is going places and its going to take the game with it. I cant wait.

Hes my favorite poster and you can too!

Is this game good yet?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

To add to this, I don't know how wide-spread it was, but I imagine part of the reason they had the Discord channel locked was because of abuse. One time I was pulled into the channel TT (the server owner) was asking other BMW members where they were so he could teleport to them for a raid.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

To add to this, I don't know how wide-spread it was, but I imagine part of the reason they had the Discord channel locked was because of abuse. One time I was pulled into the channel TT (the server owner) was asking other BMW members where they were so he could teleport to them for a raid.

The Discord channels are locked based on server roles. The simple reason, like any survival game, was to delineate different groups which is why the conan groups had 5-6 roles added for different groups on the server. This was done pretty much as soon as different goon groups emerged. It's a farce to think that somehow there was only BMW in one base and all the goons in another. We had to add a bunch of channels and roles for different groups of goons on day one.

Besides that, to address your poor attempt at poo poo stirring, there is no command for an admin to teleport to another player in the game, and no rcon. Further, admin accounts have to be manually logged in separately when you are on the server and it sends a server wide notification every time a command is used. If you were being factual and fair you would know this because when I had to delete bases that were stopping NPC spawns at the request of players constantly, I had to have them draw me a general marker on a map and I had to walk there. The alleged workarounds by manually teleporting to XYZ coordinates don't work either, so yeah.

I mean don't take my word for it -- feel free to look up the command limitations yourself: ( http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Admin_Commands ). But don't make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat by blatantly lying about something because you feel like bandwagoning.

PS: The original goon base in the 2 day headstart wasn't raided by BMW, it was raided by Orv, who is just a regular goon. One person. BMW didn't begin raiding at all until about a week in. Orv was really vocal and open about that to Duster and others so I don't know how it got confused that BMW did anything to anyone. :shrug:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 1, 2017

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Wasnt your server running a few mods?

Anyway this whole thing would be much more interesting with logs. Im sure if someone provided logs that would clear this all up.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wasnt your server running a few mods?

Anyway this whole thing would be much more interesting with logs. Im sure if someone provided logs that would clear this all up.

No. Because the SDK was released after all this and the workshop still doesn't work for publishing and applying them. The only thing we developed by hand were the detailed procedures which allowed us and other people to run servers on their Linux boxes worldwide despite FunCom's attempt at control, because we're terrible people or whatever I guess.

You can also simply search on the BMW Discord and search for posts by Orv. The servers keep poo poo logs because FunCom's server support is absolutely terrible, as indicated by the terrible problems even with officials.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 1, 2017

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

The only thing we developed by hand were the detailed procedures which allowed us and other people to run servers on their Linux boxes worldwide despite FunCom's attempt at control, because we're terrible people or whatever I guess.

Arent you just running the thing in WINE?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

Arent you just running the thing in WINE?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949

It's not as easy as it sounds.

e; also lmbo its Luigi Claims BMW is Admin Abusing 2: Electric Boogaloo

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Non slap-fighting related news

Funcom's Q4 2016 presentation is out

Highlights wrt Conan Exiles:
- They've shifted pre-production focus from some other Conan-related project to Exiles due to better than expected sales
- Investing additional 5m to 10m for the year and into Q1 2018 to support updates among other things
- Expect regular patches every 1 to 2 weeks with bug fixes and easy 'Quick Win' type things they can sneak in
- Planning 4-6 content updates over the year (things like Trebuchets, Dyes, Mounts(!))
- Full release Q1 2018

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/Funcom_4Q16_Presentation.1.pdf

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

The Discord channels are locked based on server roles. The simple reason, like any survival game, was to delineate different groups which is why the conan groups had 5-6 roles added for different groups on the server. This was done pretty much as soon as different goon groups emerged. It's a farce to think that somehow there was only BMW in one base and all the goons in another. We had to add a bunch of channels and roles for different groups of goons on day one.

Besides that, to address your poor attempt at poo poo stirring, there is no command for an admin to teleport to another player in the game, and no rcon. Further, admin accounts have to be manually logged in separately when you are on the server and it sends a server wide notification every time a command is used. If you were being factual and fair you would know this because when I had to delete bases that were stopping NPC spawns at the request of players constantly, I had to have them draw me a general marker on a map and I had to walk there. The alleged workarounds by manually teleporting to XYZ coordinates don't work either, so yeah.

I mean don't take my word for it -- feel free to look up the command limitations yourself: ( http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Admin_Commands ). But don't make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat by blatantly lying about something because you feel like bandwagoning.

PS: The original goon base in the 2 day headstart wasn't raided by BMW, it was raided by Orv, who is just a regular goon. One person. BMW didn't begin raiding at all until about a week in. Orv was really vocal and open about that to Duster and others so I don't know how it got confused that BMW did anything to anyone. :shrug:

Like I said - I don't know if anything actually happened but I know for a FACT he said that and everyone else ignored him awkwardly. Edd heard it as well and commented on it in PMs.

Taylor Swift posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949

It's not as easy as it sounds.

e; also lmbo its Luigi Claims BMW is Admin Abusing 2: Electric Boogaloo

Without a doubt, 100%, BMW admin abused on the Rust server. You were proven wrong about this, remember? So I'm at least 50% right.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 1, 2017

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

Without a doubt, 100%, BMW admin abused on the Rust server. You were proven wrong about this, remember? So I'm at least 50% right.

Ok lmbo got some Alternate Facts ITT

As I "remember" it you made some vague accusations with 0 evidence (sound familiar?) just to stir the poo poo then strutted around like you'd won some battle when the server died after a week of the asspained former owners ddosing us.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The amount of rear end grabbing and tummy sticks in this thread is outstanding. Kiss and make up or move on. It's been a good two weeks of crying followed by "git gud"

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Filipino Freakout posted:

Non slap-fighting related news

Funcom's Q4 2016 presentation is out

Highlights wrt Conan Exiles:
- They've shifted pre-production focus from some other Conan-related project to Exiles due to better than expected sales
- Investing additional 5m to 10m for the year and into Q1 2018 to support updates among other things
- Expect regular patches every 1 to 2 weeks with bug fixes and easy 'Quick Win' type things they can sneak in
- Planning 4-6 content updates over the year (things like Trebuchets, Dyes, Mounts(!))
- Full release Q1 2018

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/Funcom_4Q16_Presentation.1.pdf

Err I hope that means a lot more than just: "Update 1 - dyes, Update 2 - trebs, Update 3 - mounts, Update 4 - new sword....DONE!"

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would think it will be more than that per update (it'll be a long drat year otherwise) but doesn't sound like they're talking about any new systems or maps or anything big until after launch.

Some stuff they mentioned before was new thralls, new creatures, updated animations, new craftables (probably banners/rugs or something), lore, and traps.

They talked about 'balancing' crafting whatever that means, I'm hoping they want to keep refining it past that patch they just did adjusting the levels and prereqs.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Filipino Freakout posted:

I would think it will be more than that per update (it'll be a long drat year otherwise) but doesn't sound like they're talking about any new systems or maps or anything big until after launch.

Some stuff they mentioned before was new thralls, new creatures, updated animations, new craftables (probably banners/rugs or something), lore, and traps.

They talked about 'balancing' crafting whatever that means, I'm hoping they want to keep refining it past that patch they just did adjusting the levels and prereqs.

Hopefully they address things like having to farm light hides for tar by boosting the tar output from heavy hides. Or the twine/plant fiber sink in tier 3.

Some reason to use the armor for the T4 armor Smiths or weapons other than the Ancient Kosep would be great too.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Plus correcting little silly things, such as the first tier carpet requiring leather while the second tier one only needs plant fiber.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Dear lord, who is the turbo nerd that wrote this? The fact that the author goes to such pains to describe basic stuff like installing WINE and having the server run as a service is pretty incredible. Anyone who is interested in running the game server on Linux is already going to know this stuff.

And yeah, it really is as easy as it sounds.

quote:

Windows PC for downloading the Windows binaries (Thanks Funcom!)

This was my favorite part.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

All this special stuff you said

It wasn't written for Linux power users :ssh:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Ok lmbo got some Alternate Facts ITT

As I "remember" it you made some vague accusations with 0 evidence (sound familiar?) just to stir the poo poo then strutted around like you'd won some battle when the server died after a week of the asspained former owners ddosing us.

I never strutted or even said anything...I wasn't playing with you all when the server died.

And I did have proof...the admins that were abusing admitting it themselves. Measly admitted he spawned in resources for the huge base, and Cynthia admitted she was farming while invisible. Other times admins were using admin abilities to see where players were when not doing admin poo poo. So uh, who is making poo poo up here?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

I never strutted or even said anything...I wasn't playing with you all when the server died.

And I did have proof...the admins that were abusing admitting it themselves. Measly admitted he spawned in resources for the huge base, and Cynthia admitted she was farming while invisible. Other times admins were using admin abilities to see where players were when not doing admin poo poo. So uh, who is making poo poo up here?

Im the Chancellor of Germany and have a 40 inch penis.

Oh sorry, I thought we were just saying a bunch of poo poo that wasn't true and had 0 evidence of.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

GoGoGadget posted:

I never strutted or even said anything...I wasn't playing with you all when the server died. And I did have proof...the admins that were abusing admitting it themselves. Measly admitted he spawned in resources for the huge base, and Cynthia admitted she was farming while invisible. Other times admins were using admin abilities to see where players were when not doing admin poo poo. So uh, who is making poo poo up here?
So if you knew this, why give them a second chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jackard posted:

So if you knew this, why give them a second chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Because it never happened and he just likes stirring the poo poo :ssh:

e; Cynthia flew around once and Luigi saw. She didnt know she wasnt supposed to because shes from Europe. Luigi proceeded to throw a giant pissfit. The End.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This terrible thread is becoming more fun than the game.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

So why haven't you guys built an arena for glorious honor in single combat in lieu of the slap fight in here? (Or both)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glenn Quebec posted:

So why haven't you guys built an arena for glorious honor in single combat in lieu of the slap fight in here? (Or both)

Luigi (GoGoGadget) would just lose and complain about admin abuse.

Again. :smuggo:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Because it never happened and he just likes stirring the poo poo :ssh:

e; Cynthia flew around once and Luigi saw. She didnt know she wasnt supposed to because shes from Europe. Luigi proceeded to throw a giant pissfit. The End.

How is Measly admitting to everyone he spawned in resources not proof? I wasn't even the one that brought up that abuse was going on. Someone else did when a giant base appeared out of nowhere. I just backed them up when it was stated because I had seen it first-hand. You jumped down their throats for daring to claim you didn't have complete and utter control of your server because you have some sort of complex. And even though those admins admitted to what they did you STILL can't live it down, apparently.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Luigi (GoGoGadget) would just lose and complain about admin abuse.

Again. :smuggo:

Dude, really? I never lost poo poo because of admin abuse on either the Rust server or your server. It was during the joint raid on the Acolytes of Ben guys that TT was asking where we all were so he could teleport to us. I would have benefited from him abusing. Get your poo poo straight, friend.

Also who is the nerd that dug through my post history to see I'm AnAngryLuigi? Lmbo

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I propose you guys duel on my private server for good and all. I'll record it.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

How is Measly admitting to everyone he spawned in resources not proof? I wasn't even the one that brought up that abuse was going on. Someone else did when a giant base appeared out of nowhere. I just backed them up when it was stated because I had seen it first-hand. You jumped down their throats for daring to claim you didn't have complete and utter control of your server because you have some sort of complex. And even though those admins admitted to what they did you STILL can't live it down, apparently.

but wheres the proofs?

GoGoGadget posted:

Dude, really? I never lost poo poo because of admin abuse on either the Rust server or your server. It was during the joint raid on the Acolytes of Ben guys that TT was asking where we all were so he could teleport to us. I would have benefited from him abusing. Get your poo poo straight, friend.

Also who is the nerd that dug through my post history to see I'm AnAngryLuigi? Lmbo

Wasnt hard to remember youre the only pissbitch that cried about Rust admin abuse.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

The people who are really enthusiastic about "goon tears" seem to be getting upset about.... goon tears?

This thread really does have it all.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

The people who are really enthusiastic about "goon tears" seem to be getting upset about.... goon tears?

This thread really does have it all.

Implying I don't go full mast every time I open this thread :smug:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

but wheres the proofs?

Wasnt hard to remember youre the only pissbitch that cried about Rust admin abuse.

No, I wasn't. I wasn't even the one to bring it up initially. There were at least 5 people bringing it up in Discord when it first started. Then you started throwing a fit and claimed you checked the logs and no one spawned in anything even though Measly admitted it. And no...I'm not going back months in Discord to find your "proof" because I know you know I'm right but you have this need to keep up appearances. I couldn't give a poo poo. Don't know why you got involved in this at all, seeing as how you weren't even on when this raid in Conan happened. Why bring in Rust poo poo here? You already poo poo up that thread (and even got it closed when you doxxed literal children!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

And no...I'm not going back months in Discord to find your "proof" (and even got it closed when you doxxed literal children!)
Cool so it doesnt exist just like the Conan drama doesnt exist. tia

GoGoGadget posted:

(and even got it closed when you doxxed literal children!)

Things that didn't happen, unless you mean the griefing thread.

• Locked thread