Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Calliou Nardieu, which is what you get when you random name a lot

Sent you half a plex worth :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thanks pal.

I regret giving my billions and my character away to a goon who quit like a year after me and hasn't passed my character on to someone else. It's been inactive for a few years now. Rip those tens of millions of SP

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Thanks pal.

I regret giving my billions and my character away to a goon who quit like a year after me and hasn't passed my character on to someone else. It's been inactive for a few years now. Rip those tens of millions of SP

That's as bad as not reselling the passed down mini-fridge at college.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
So some goons under the leadership of Boat were camping a few systems in Deklein owned by ChaosTheory. They only killed a few hundred mil worth of stuff, meanwhile, we killed 2 blops, a stratios, a handful of bombers, and a rorq they tried to help evac.

They apparently left a few days ago, so well played boat, well played.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ok

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:gb2unchillthread:

You have posts in it, so you know where the gently caress it is.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

:gb2unchillthread:

You have posts in it, so you know where the gently caress it is.

yo flanders what is your opinion on faction BS being so cheap? they're often only 2x the price of a t1 hull, for much more ability, and less than navy counterparts

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

yo flanders what is your opinion on faction BS being so cheap? they're often only 2x the price of a t1 hull, for much more ability, and less than navy counterparts

The short version is: :ccp:

In no particular order:

Faction BS are ridiculously good three ways:
* BPCs can be purchased with pirate LP OR drop from anoms
* Ridiculously better base stats better than a T1 hull
* In some cases they have some absolutely unique bonuses that can't be found anywhere else. The Machariel is particularly broken in that it's the only non-Marauder BS with a range bonus for projectiles. (In contrast, the other pirate hulls have some overlap with T1 hull bonuses -- i.e. Nightmare's not the only BS with a laser tracking bonus; the Vindicator isn't the only BS with a hybrid tracking bonus; etc.)

Navy BS are hosed three ways:
* They're only purchasable via navy LP, and at a significantly lower LP/isk ratio than modules or charges -- pirate BSes can drop from anoms
* Their bonuses are generally significantly less compelling than pirate BS bonuses, at the bonus of only requiring one race's skill
* When they tiericided the T1 BSes, the Navy BSes were largely left with the old bonuses as a "throwback" -- and never really got brought up to modern power creep standards. i.e. the Navy Armageddon is what the Geddon used to be, a big high-damage laser platform with one option high. Which would be great, except that the Apoc or Nightmare (or even certain Bhaal fits) can do it better.

CCP has some serious powercreep issues right now, both in the "some ships have really dominant bonuses/stats" sense and in the "these ships were intended to be balanced by cost/rarity, and it turns out that Russian krabit got a huge boost from the carrier rebalance" sense.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 1, 2017

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

ullerrm posted:

The short version is: :ccp:

In no particular order:

Faction BS are ridiculously good three ways:
* BPCs can be purchased with pirate LP OR drop from anoms
* Ridiculously better base stats better than a T1 hull
* In some cases they have some absolutely unique bonuses that can't be found anywhere else. The Machariel is particularly broken in that it's the only non-Marauder BS with a range bonus for projectiles. (In contrast, the other pirate hulls have some overlap with T1 hull bonuses -- i.e. Nightmare's not the only BS with a laser tracking bonus; the Vindicator isn't the only BS with a hybrid tracking bonus; etc.)

Navy BS are hosed three ways:
* They're only purchasable via navy LP, and at a significantly lower LP/isk ratio than modules or charges -- pirate BSes can drop from anoms
* Their bonuses are generally significantly less compelling than pirate BS bonuses, at the bonus of only requiring one race's skill
* When they tiericided the T1 BSes, the Navy BSes were largely left with the old bonuses as a "throwback" -- and never really got brought up to modern power creep standards. i.e. the Navy Armageddon is what the Geddon used to be, a big high-damage laser platform with one option high. Which would be great, except that the Apoc or Nightmare (or even certain Bhaal fits) can do it better.

CCP has some serious powercreep issues right now, both in the "some ships have really dominant bonuses/stats" sense and in the "these ships were intended to be balanced by cost/rarity, and it turns out that Russian krabit got a huge boost from the carrier rebalance" sense.

ya but even stuff that is balanced by cost/rarity aka mordu's ships are still stupidly op

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

ya but even stuff that is balanced by cost/rarity aka mordu's ships are still stupidly op

But you can't bring 250 of the mordus line to every fight. Hell we lost 50 barghests and retired the doctrine rather than try to resupply due to issues with supply

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

The Mordus is a bit of special case, because the unrest in the North has prevented anyone from doing any really dedicated krabbing. Nobody can live in Pure Blind for more than a few months before PanFam gets bored and evicts them for content. They were in relatively ample supply when we lived there; they were in slightly lower supply when MOA lived there; now, they're in short supply with effectively nobody there.

In contrast, Blood Raiders and Angel regions have been consistently occupied by top-tier krabs for a while now.

The thing about Barghs, though, is that there's other options for them. In contrast, the Mach's range bonus is so much better than any other option for large artillery platforms; you'd want to use them over Maelstroms even if they were more expensive than they are today.

e: Just in case the logic's not clear -- if a doctrine is expensive, but capable of consistently winning fights, it can be cheaper in the long run than a doctrine that's cheap but occasionally loses (or has pyrrhic victories).

This was a major selling point for the old rail Tengu fleets; they were stupid expensive, at 500-600M per hull. But, you had 300K EHP per hull and you could reach out to 225km with Spike, so it almost never loving died. At most, you lost a small handful of them as you retreated, or you fought to a stalemate until one side got bored and left.

e2: VVV What Locke said. Machs are 325M at Jita these days, and Bhaals are 245M. The latter is actually getting cheaper than some T1 BS hulls these days.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 1, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

When I played last a Macharial was over 1.2 billion or more for the Hull. What happened?

Ynglaur posted:

That's as bad as not reselling the passed down mini-fridge at college.

The only thing I asked when I gave it to him was pass it on to another goon, it was a very old char :(

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

When I played last a Macharial was over 1.2 billion or more for the Hull. What happened?

They drop from 10/10 escalations. The escalation rate went up to 7% or so from well under 2 iirc. And the drop rates in the escalation went up too. And Russians have been able to rat unobstructed for years. Hence the higher supply.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bhaals at least are niche ships, usually as a bs sized neut boat. But because of how cheap they are, you get people undocking three of then to defend their own hole against a lone rattle.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Klyith posted:

If T3s aren't going to get big nerfs, the assault line needs a gimmick. The old CCP concept was T2 being specialized, but it turns out that "combat" isn't a valid specialty if something else does it better.

Make assfrigs/hacs like attack battlecruisers. Let them fit Cruiser/BS sized weapons, respectively, but with added tracking bonuses. :shepface:

Also make navy battleships brick tanked as gently caress. Or give battleships much better application, I dunno. Battleships outside Pirate BS are complete dogshit. Even with the MJD/grappler changes, you can't make offensive mjd plays due to poo poo targeting range and most competent gangs have learned to just kite you at 20km or bring a griffin. Make those fuckers bring 3 to have a good chance at jamming me. :colbert:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

iospace posted:

Bhaals at least are niche ships, usually as a bs sized neut boat. But because of how cheap they are, you get people undocking three of then to defend their own hole against a lone rattle.

The rattle is the only faction BS I've flown in recent memory and pretty much every point Flanders made applied to it - I think I bought a T2 rigged hull on contracts sometime in late spring last year for ~350(ish) million, which seems pretty inexpensive given the retarded amount of tank that thing can do. If you can keep geckos on the field it can poo poo out damage, too.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i love sucking cap in a bhaalgorn, i also like getting 400k ehp with slaves

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i love sucking cap in a bhaalgorn, i also like getting 400k ehp with slaves

same

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

The Mordus is a bit of special case, because the unrest in the North has prevented anyone from doing any really dedicated krabbing. Nobody can live in Pure Blind for more than a few months before PanFam gets bored and evicts them for content. They were in relatively ample supply when we lived there; they were in slightly lower supply when MOA lived there; now, they're in short supply with effectively nobody there.

In contrast, Blood Raiders and Angel regions have been consistently occupied by top-tier krabs for a while now.

The thing about Barghs, though, is that there's other options for them. In contrast, the Mach's range bonus is so much better than any other option for large artillery platforms; you'd want to use them over Maelstroms even if they were more expensive than they are today.

e: Just in case the logic's not clear -- if a doctrine is expensive, but capable of consistently winning fights, it can be cheaper in the long run than a doctrine that's cheap but occasionally loses (or has pyrrhic victories).

This was a major selling point for the old rail Tengu fleets; they were stupid expensive, at 500-600M per hull. But, you had 300K EHP per hull and you could reach out to 225km with Spike, so it almost never loving died. At most, you lost a small handful of them as you retreated, or you fought to a stalemate until one side got bored and left.

e2: VVV What Locke said. Machs are 325M at Jita these days, and Bhaals are 245M. The latter is actually getting cheaper than some T1 BS hulls these days.

:goonsay: and pretty inaccurate in regards to the 1st paragraph. I'm sure if you guys settled in NPC pure blind mordu's legion ship prices would drop dramatically and you could live there in relative peace. Relative being the operative word here: your Down syndrome having coalition members would be murdered but that's good for any ecosystem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

lucifirius posted:

So some goons under the leadership of Boat were camping a few systems in Deklein owned by ChaosTheory. They only killed a few hundred mil worth of stuff, meanwhile, we killed 2 blops, a stratios, a handful of bombers, and a rorq they tried to help evac.

They apparently left a few days ago, so well played boat, well played.

That's an interesting slice of life story. Do you have any more?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Thanks pal.

lol

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
The proliferation of pirate faction BS since I last played (2013) is pretty crazy. Also the people who live in Dek now are shite; I was able to get my jumpfreighter out without them noticing. And that's not exactly an easy trip with the jumprange nerfs.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
err wat? JF still have 10LY so basically anywhere in dek can get to NPC pureblind unless you were stuck up towards branch in which case thats not a bad effort.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
ya darkness uses ROIR npc stations as mids for their JFs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So HK made scarves:

I think they're cool, wouldn't mind having one even though I'm not in HK.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

iospace posted:

So HK made scarves:

imma get one of the numerous HK guys in PL to hook me up

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

iospace posted:

So HK made scarves:

To be fair if you're making clothing for your nerd clan to wear at Fanfest scarves are better suited to the Reykjavik climate than the usual thin black t-shirts.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Roller Coast Guard posted:

To be fair if you're making clothing for your nerd clan to wear at Fanfest scarves are better suited to the Reykjavik climate than the usual thin black t-shirts.

The PL shirts have been a success every year, and are close enough to the CCP dev shirts that a few CCP staff have come up to PL guys and been like "sphere? which product do you work on, I'm not familiar with that team"

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Clearly someone has learned from fanfest partying into the wee hours and the cold walk home afterwards...

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

The PL shirts have been a success every year, and are close enough to the CCP dev shirts that a few CCP staff have come up to PL guys and been like "sphere? which product do you work on, I'm not familiar with that team"

I actually like the PL shirts, and thought they were better than our fatbee t-shirts. Skull bee of course wins all shirt designs ever.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the old simple shirts were the best, just the grenade in the wings

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

The Imperium logo probably makes your skin crawl.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Arkhamina made me a wings + TNT logo shirt for FF one year :3:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Wibla posted:

Arkhamina made me a wings + TNT logo shirt for FF one year :3:

... so everyone around Wibla knew they should talk slower and use shorter words.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

I love those HK scarves.

And I'm rather nervous for the upcoming T3C nerf. With no details, it could either rejuvenate the game ("there's cruiser armor doctrines other than Proteus/Legion?!") or be an unremarkable fart in the wind.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

I love those HK scarves.

And I'm rather nervous for the upcoming T3C nerf. With no details, it could either rejuvenate the game ("there's cruiser armor doctrines other than Proteus/Legion?!") or be an unremarkable fart in the wind.

Probably going to be an unremarkable fart in the wind.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

Probably going to be an unremarkable fart in the wind.

Or we will wait three more years without anything happening, like last time CCP said T3Cs would be rebalanced "soon".

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Libluini posted:

Or we will wait three more years without anything happening, like last time CCP said T3Cs would be rebalanced "soon".

*fart echoes in the distance*

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Libluini posted:

Hey now, they lowered some bonuses, so while T3Cs outshone HACs hilariously before, they have been outshining them 5% less hilariously since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

I love those HK scarves.

i doubt the balancing of a ship class will allow players to overlook the fundamental problems with the game

• Locked thread