Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Crotch Bat posted:

Lions GM going around crying about unfair it is that Mixon and others like him aren't at Combine which means teams have to do more work to evaluate those guys. Organization is worth countless millions and they're complaining about an extra few thousand spent on a plane trip and hotel room to interview the kid.

e: so we're clear, if Joe Mixon doesn't hit women again and lives a good life then I hope he uses his talent to get as much money as he can before the NFL discards him like they do all RBs at the tender age of 27 but I'm totally OK with the NFL tightening up rules on Combine invites and young adults learning that their actions can affect their future and their earning potential.

Personally I think it's a stupid, empty gesture to bar these guys from the combine when they're definitely going to get drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I personally think Joe Mixon should be hit repeatedly in the hit with a club until he stops moving but to each their own

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

SC quarterback/outfielder Brandon McIlwain is transferring. Not surprising at all, given how Jake Bentley outclassed him and is the clear future at the position, but it's still a shame. He's a USC legacy and I was really hoping he could at least hack it on the baseball team, which was probably his best bet to begin with. But he couldn't even crack the lineup there, so here we are, unfortunately.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Personally I think it's a stupid, empty gesture to bar these guys from the combine when they're definitely going to get drafted.

Understand that view point but NFL is damned if they do, damned if they don't. They either do enough to discourage and punish stuff like this or they don't depending on what side you're on and this is another case of that in practice.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

SC quarterback/outfielder Brandon McIlwain is transferring. Not surprising at all, given how Jake Bentley outclassed him and is the clear future at the position, but it's still a shame. He's a USC legacy and I was really hoping he could at least hack it on the baseball team, which was probably his best bet to begin with. But he couldn't even crack the lineup there, so here we are, unfortunately.

Thats a shame. Any word on where he's headed?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I personally think Joe Mixon should be hit repeatedly in the hit with a club until he stops moving but to each their own

If Mixon is going to be successful I hope he is really successful and TBIs himself into a drooling mess.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Enterprise rent a car

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Nah, not yet; he just announced it tonight. I was kind of expecting him to quit the football team after his mom had a social media meltdown about Jake Bentley starting, but it's a bummer he's leaving Columbia altogether. Not sure if he'll keep trying to play football or if he'll just focus on baseball from now on.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Enterprise rent a car

He can be a bank teller between Ron Zook and Tyrone Prothro

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Prothro is selling cars now and I hope he's absolutely killing it. Super nice guy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

Prothro is selling cars now and I hope he's absolutely killing it. Super nice guy.

I hope so too.

loving Shula leaving him in that blowout. :smith:

He reminded me of Jacquez Green.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
So the MAC confirmed that they will no longer play football on Saturdays, confirming that America's best conference (that doesn't have UAB) will be doing its best to give you football every loving night you miserable addicts

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
MAC football has been low key awful for the last couple years. Pretty much the moment people noticed that the games were fun and started doing the MACTION thing it went to poo poo. CUSA games on CBS Sports Network are where it's at for fun shootouts now, provided you ignore, like, a third of the league.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

So the MAC confirmed that they will no longer play football on Saturdays, confirming that America's best conference (that doesn't have UAB) will be doing its best to give you football every loving night you miserable addicts

I'm ok with this

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

MAC football has been low key awful for the last couple years. Pretty much the moment people noticed that the games were fun and started doing the MACTION thing it went to poo poo. CUSA games on CBS Sports Network are where it's at for fun shootouts now, provided you ignore, like, a third of the league.

This is true. The last really fun MAC game I saw was back when NIU was practically unstoppable.

Compare that to like, every Western Kentucky game the last two years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Skip Holtz should be legally required to stay at La Tech forever

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ND has a cool schedule

https://mobile.twitter.com/NDFootball/status/837376735998066688?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

:siren: :siren: :siren: GEORGIA IN A NON-NOON START :siren: :siren: :siren:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Do they get a hotel discount in NC or something? 3 games there in a 4-week period seems kind of nuts.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Thermos H Christ posted:

Do they get a hotel discount in NC or something? 3 games there in a 4-week period seems kind of nuts.

It's because of their kinda-sorta ACC schedule. Surprising to have 3/4 of tobacco road all in the same year though.

edit: wait they only play in NC once. NCState and Wake are both in South Bend. Nevermind my dumb post.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

some time-zone, somewhere, it is always noon.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Crotch Bat posted:

Lions GM going around crying about unfair it is that Mixon and others like him aren't at Combine which means teams have to do more work to evaluate those guys. Organization is worth countless millions and they're complaining about an extra few thousand spent on a plane trip and hotel room to interview the kid.

e: so we're clear, if Joe Mixon doesn't hit women again and lives a good life then I hope he uses his talent to get as much money as he can before the NFL discards him like they do all RBs at the tender age of 27 but I'm totally OK with the NFL tightening up rules on Combine invites and young adults learning that their actions can affect their future and their earning potential. He's going to get drafted in the 3rd round because he decked someone not because teams didn't get facetime at the stupid Combine. Teams that want to take a chance on him will still visit and someone will select him and (likely) get a steal.

Imo it is really stupid to ban a player from the combine but not the league. Oh, take this arbitrary punishment but then we will gladly let you grind your brain into mush to make us some money, we don't think your crime was THAT reprehensible after all.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sorry, Gators.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Son of a bitch.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

some time-zone, somewhere, it is always noon.

McGarity's already lobbying to have ND's return trip to Athens as the SECN early game.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

D.N. Nation posted:

please beat that rear end

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

whiteyfats posted:

Sorry, Gators.

Foiled again. :negative:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Those look like cutoffs and not jorts to me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

Those look like cutoffs and not jorts to me.

Same thing

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Wrong, jorts are pre-made garbage for dads and dorks while cutoffs express the nuanced preferences of the owner. How far above the knee do we want to go? How daring do we want to be?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I didn't want to go to that bar anyway

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Wrong. Denim cutoffs are the shorts of choice in rural Georgia, or in FSU sorority houses. Jorts are the crisply-hemmed, denim abominations worn by, as Mike_V pointed out, "dads and dorks."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
On a scale of 1 to Deliverance how many pairs of chromosomes do you have if you choose to wear denim in anything but long pants.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Not gonna lie I frequently rocked a multitude of jorts while as a student at UF. None were cutoffs though

I did not tuck them in, nor did i have croakies either.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I am terribly sorry to have offended your denim based attire sensibilities

Jean Shorts = jorts, jean short cutoffs = jorts still same thing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

On a scale of 1 to Deliverance how many pairs of chromosomes do you have if you choose to wear denim in anything but long pants.

Trisomy 21. And XXY.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Wrong. Denim cutoffs are the shorts of choice in rural Georgia, or in FSU sorority houses. Jorts are the crisply-hemmed, denim abominations worn by, as Mike_V pointed out, "dads and dorks."

The sperglord at my last job wore jorts every day with white socks and black shoes.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Go
Dang
Noles

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

The sperglord at my last job wore jorts every day with white socks and black shoes.

Woof.

Virginity firmly intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Woof.

Virginity firmly intact.

Married twice a decade apart with kids from both. Not even redeemed by being a good dev.

• Locked thread