Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Gringostar posted:

mods hillary knew :tinfoil:

also, i changed my mind on oprah being president after this

cher and rupaul in cabinet level positions would own

gently caress yeah cher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Oprah is the champion that will put fourth way democrats on the map

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Just loving post this forever until the nuclear fire comes

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Turdfuzz posted:

winfrey or die hard

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Oprah/Buttigieg 2020

Get in touch with your inner butt

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bonus for you:

I'm glad these exist :allears:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

What's the context? Is that guy stuffed in a barrel Mexican Mafia style, or is it some kind of enchanted soul well or something?

a really good horror manga named Uzumaki, without giving too much away in that scene the father has become obsessed with spirals and eventually shoves himself in the dryer so he can become a spiral

e: I think the dryer part may have been the movie, in any case he gets himself killed so he can be a spiral

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

a really good horror manga named Uzumaki, without giving too much away in that scene the father has become obsessed with spirals and eventually shoves himself in the dryer so he can become a spiral

e: I think the dryer part may have been the movie, in any case he gets himself killed so he can be a spiral
It's not really a spoiler, since it happens in the first issue. It just sort of sets things up.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

:tipshat:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm glad these exist :allears:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gringostar posted:

mods hillary knew :tinfoil:

also, i changed my mind on oprah being president after this

cher and rupaul in cabinet level positions would own

I like how Emeril is the only one of these that has a first and last name, but even he goes by just his first name so often that nobody knows what his last name even is

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
fabio will end war

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

fabio will end war

he'd be a hard counter to putin's shirtless pics

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hard counter is right

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hard counter is right

:heysexy:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I gotta say that capitalism wouldn't be so bad if we only kept the superscience dream.

Hell even a lovely version like Venture Bros would at least be satisfactory.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ThndrShk2k posted:

I gotta say that capitalism wouldn't be so bad if we only kept the superscience dream.

Hell even a lovely version like Venture Bros would at least be satisfactory.

i don't know

this would lead us to contact with xenomorphs and we'd be headed to the same place we are now (extinction)

but before then... at least there's deep space travel

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Where's my flying car?

Hell, I'll settle for a legitimate hoverboard.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

Where's my flying car?

Hell, I'll settle for a legitimate hoverboard.
Good news, tovarisch. Our new friends have us covered.

quote:

Alex Atamanov, the venture’s founder, said in an email that the hoverbike is his “lifelong dream.” He became interested in flight through his father, who also devoted himself to engineering and aviation. Atamanov set up his business — which has offices in Moscow and Los Angeles — about 10 years ago. But this year, he said, he sees more promising signs than ever that market for personal air travel is here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/tripping/wp/2017/02/24/just-in-time-for-metros-collapse-the-hoverbike/?utm_term=.239c598827c1

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i'm generally not in favor of my body being in close proximity to whirling blades, however

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'm generally not in favor of my body being in close proximity to whirling blades, however

just another example of democrat cowardice

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A Hillary Clinton lawn sign would have won.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Tammy Duckworth thinks you're a pussy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

How much would it decrease the blades' effectiveness if you put a metal cage around them like a desk fan? It seems like an obvious thing if they're gonna be THAT close to your knees in all directions.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

How much would it decrease the blades' effectiveness if you put a metal cage around them like a desk fan? It seems like an obvious thing if they're gonna be THAT close to your knees in all directions.
I'm wagering anything that would be strong enough not to create more shrapnel if a blade fails would increase the weight too much for it to work. Maybe some sideguards, but these are Russians we're talking about.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Russia: "If they die, they die"

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

zegermans posted:

Dunno seems like they just won one a few days back?!

One decent sign in GA is that Ossoff has a ton of volunteers so at least people are mobilized.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I am very eager to see what happens in ga special

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oh Snapple! posted:

Russia: "If they die, they die"
I had always heard that's how their space program was (and is?) run, but I didn't know if I should believe it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Samurai Sanders posted:

I had always heard that's how their space program was (and is?) run, but I didn't know if I should believe it.

safety standards are lies from the imperialist west

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Spinning Blades of Death 2020 - Why Prolong It?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

logikv9 posted:

Spinning Blades of Death 2020 - Why Prolong It?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbIGuLXCziU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Supposedly, Komarov died in Soyuz 1 because political leadership rushed the launch to occur with a Soviet holiday despite engineering teams repeatedly deeming the spacecraft unsafe. He could have refused to fly, but believed that would result in the backup (Yuri Gagarin) flying in his stead. As the story goes, he died screaming in a rage at the Soviet government for putting him in a broken spacecraft.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Just the name "pied piper strategy" should make you pause and reconsider your course of action.

Of course, this is asking way too much from Robbie Mookish and the rest of the clowns in brooklyn.

The pied piper strategy was the only reason McCaskill is still in the senate.

It works if you know how to take advantage and not be poo poo at campaigning

There's a poo poo load to criticize Clinton for, going out of their way to face Trump isn't one of them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

zegermans posted:

There's a poo poo load to criticize Clinton for, going out of their way to face Trump isn't one of them.

Everything the bad Dems believe that has been tested has been proven false. How do you and the rest have such extreme confidence that everything you believe that hasn't been tested is absolutely true? Is there no introspection?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

The pied piper strategy was the only reason McCaskill is still in the senate.

It works if you know how to take advantage and not be poo poo at campaigning

lmao you're not referring to the election where she went against the undefeatable Todd Akin

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

lmao you're not referring to the election where she went against the undefeatable Todd Akin

Trump was just as much of a loudmouthed joke as Akin was. It's actually a very apt comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Everything the bad Dems believe that has been tested has been proven false. How do you and the rest have such extreme confidence that everything you believe that hasn't been tested is absolutely true? Is there no introspection?

Is this comment actually a markov chain

• Locked thread