Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He'll never resign because somebody else already got his Senate seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

should i uninstall snapchat, i havent used it in ages

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRHeggIAl1M/

Senator Chuck Grassley: "National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association Dinner at the Trump Hotel where I am drinking Trump coffee."

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

feeling real conflicted about lindsey graham being a voice of reason in tyool 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I still have no idea what Snapchat actually is or why it exists. You send a message and it deletes or something?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is that house investigation just for show or real?

Do you believe in the power of pee?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

More words from the word twins

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Tonight's drink and soundtrack:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

speng31b posted:

Good podcast, I like it - just keep in mind if you're someone who's easily triggered by Obamamen constantly waxing nostalgic on their heydey and using that as the point of reference for everything you might not like it.

Obama had a heyday? I was unemployed for a third of his terms because he didn't do poo poo for the common worker.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Solarin posted:

piss tape definitely includes incest or pedophilia imo

nah, the piss tape is what putin will leak to remind trump about the other videos

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

he'll just say that he met with the russian guy as part of his official duties as a senator instead of as someone working for the campaign and this'll go away because nothing matters and we are all destined to die

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

Senator Chuck Grassley: "National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association Dinner at the Trump Hotel where I am drinking Trump coffee."

Nonobvious fact, those menus come with the word Trump pre-circled

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The piss tape is real. It is truth you can feel in your bones. To think otherwise is to be as retarded as the President of the United States.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

tacodaemon posted:

idgi

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jeff sessions is a piece of poo poo and that he lied to the senate does not surprise me at all. i hope he burns for this.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

How amazing would it be if key staffers from the Tromp admin keep being forced to resign/get fired in disgrace and he somehow manages to ruin the careers of every slimy motherfucker he appoitned foreever

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
This thread is full of rye wit.

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmdNT1tEEw

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

BgRdMchne posted:

Tonight's drink and soundtrack:

trump thread official dinner:
- steamed whole tomato 'n' rice
- fifth of whiskey
dessert course: another fifth of whiskey

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

McGlockenshire posted:

he'll just say that he met with the russian guy as part of his official duties as a senator instead of as someone working for the campaign and this'll go away because nothing matters and we are all destined to die

no other senator has met with that rusky except for sessions, during the campaign no less

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Feminasty Slut posted:

The piss tape is real. It is truth you can feel in your bones. To think otherwise is to be as retarded as the President of the United States.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
*racist southern grandpa voice* treason is good as hell

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

uh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ArmZ posted:

jeff sessions is a piece of poo poo and that he lied to the senate does not surprise me at all. i hope he burns for this.

I remember his face as he was laughing it up with his cake walk of a nomination process, when the Trump dossier news first broke and he was told, the smirk melted right off.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Squizzle posted:

im not trying to call you out specifically but this is as good a prompt as any to mention that its crazy af that people are demanding like perfect purity from their news sources

its ok for a news source to have blah politics in editorial if they report useful news. wsj is a pee hole trash fire in editorial but until v recently they were a good outlet to check out. like anything w a reputation of the magnitude of the nyt, the times falls short of its reputation, but its still one of the best print news sources you as an american can check out. the times sunday magazine also has the most hilariously bougie regular features in the known universe and theyre so bad they just crash thru the satirizability barrier and become inherently funny. wapo is also good, and that makes me super happy. the guardian is in bitter and catty bad breakup tears mode about brexit but thats totes improved them because their pass-agg efforts to tell british people to regret brexit have made for thorough reporting on every goddamn lil detail of what is or could soon be happening wrt that process

if their sources are both broad and deep, their journalism is rigorous, and they report poo poo that other sources cant discover or wont report—thats good news. fundamental philosophical/political disagreements dont negate the value of those things. as an adult you can develop yr critical reading to recognize where bias seems to influence the presentation of a story, and not find yr mind suddenly trapped in a neocapitalist gently caress-bubble gettin pounded in the mouth by demonic laissez-faire man-scorpions for eternity.

take it from someone who spent an eternity digging thru other peoples religious ideas and writings and cultures, its possible to bury yrself under mountains of bad ideologies and not end up believing them. its also possible to read a biased af accounting of something and use it as a springboard to look for a less propagandistical accounting, and end up enriched by the experience. iranaeus catalogued a bunch of heresies w less than perfect concern for accuracy but adversus is still the best fuckin compendium of early Christian heterodoxy

now im talking a lot about newspapers up there, and newspapers are bar none the most romantic form of reporting that we have as mass media, but it applies to uh all of them. john oliver is cool and good because he presents longform television reporting in a digestible pop manner, which will engage people more than dry reporting and so serve the public interest well more than his failure to agitate for bolshevist uprising will hurt same. megyn kelly is deeply objectively flawed but excellent as an adversarial interviewer—as long as you dont take her as fuckin gospel or yr only/main source of news. rachel maddow, is good

in conclusion read longform and propublica listen to podcasts keep yr wits about you san dimas high school football rules

this is a good post and imo people who are quick to condemn are people who simply don't read news and want to feel validated because there is no good news!!!

(also the NYT really needs to stop it with the "this couple has a combined income of 3 million dollars and can barely find a home in soho" poo poo)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

grahams gonna roll in w some dainty pearl handled revolvers and point them at colleagues while making demands if this gets much worse, god drat

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
please stop with the hippos and rhinos making GBS threads. after that lasagna cat vid I've seen enough gooey matter slipping out of orifices for this month

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

RUM HAM posted:

How amazing would it be if key staffers from the Tromp admin keep being forced to resign/get fired in disgrace and he somehow manages to ruin the careers of every slimy motherfucker he appoitned foreever

Ben Carson! :ohdear:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tbf "the way president trump is" isn't wrong, technically

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
man, tomorrow morning's tweet is gonna be spicy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Squizzle posted:

grahams gonna roll in w some dainty pearl handled revolvers and point them at colleagues while making demands if this gets much worse, god drat

fancy southern duel between sessions and graham

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sazerac rye kicks all kinds of rear end and you should drink it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

House Intel panel agreed to an inquiry about Trump's Russia ties. Trump is going to explode

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm real glad the neutered democrats are continuing the red scare.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Agrajag posted:

no other senator has met with that rusky except for sessions, during the campaign no less

doesn't matter because it's a likely enough cover reason that they'll use it to make the story go away

or they'll just lie more

either way I refuse to let this trick me into thinking it matters when we all know better than that

gently caress this

I need booze

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Nichael posted:

Ben was asleep during the campaign so couldnt' have had any shady meetins

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The rest:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

Don't worry, he'll only resign out of sheer embarrassment.

... after which point he will be replaced by David Clarke, and we all know why.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

doesn't matter because it's a likely enough cover reason that they'll use it to make the story go away

or they'll just lie more

either way I refuse to let this trick me into thinking it matters when we all know better than that

gently caress this

I need booze

if it matters i'll just run from reality until it doesn't, checkmate matterailures

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm real glad the neutered democrats are continuing the red scare.

always spay and neuter your democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nonsense posted:

House Intel panel agreed to an inquiry about Trump's Russia ties. Trump is going to explode

Ruh roh lol

I'm glad they rested up and let the speech give them a good news cycle

• Locked thread