Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

failing forward posted:

A tailgate party is just a loving party with trucks. It's only unique because of the goddamn trucks. You could have the same party in the woods, there just would not be any trucks. SAD!

Or you could bring some chairs like a normal person.

Progress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mushika posted:

Ron White is an enormous rear end in a top hat. I say that from personal experience having had to work with him several times. gently caress that guy with a rusty spork.

:justpost: The stories. I'm interested because I thought he was one of the more socially liberal blue collar guys. He is also the only one I like. I felt like mac was the only good kings of comedy

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

snergle posted:

one of the more socially liberal blue collar guys.
Unfortunately that does not preclude being a complete and utter poo poo.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

John Big Booty posted:

Unfortunately that does not preclude being a complete and utter poo poo.

True

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

snergle posted:

:justpost: The stories. I'm interested because I thought he was one of the more socially liberal blue collar guys. He is also the only one I like. I felt like mac was the only good kings of comedy

Ron White was the likeable one of that group because he was the only one who was an actual comedian. Jeff Foxworthy had given up at least a decade earlier, and the other two were never anything other than acts specifically calculated to sell merchandise. White still had catchphrases, but he actually gave a poo poo about telling stories and creating solid material.

It sucks but isn't too surprising that he may be an rear end in person. Few hard drinking libertarian old white guys are great to talk to.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bill Engvall was amusing in his own way. Like a southern standup version of Dave Barry when he's in full dad mode.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bill Engvall was amusing in his own way. Like a southern standup version of Dave Barry when he's in full dad mode.

I disliked him the most out of all of them, vaguely pg-13 adult comedy just annoys the poo poo out of me.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Alaois posted:

what about Finns and their surly cousins, the interminable Estonian

In every respect but the fact that I talk about ninety miles an hour, I'm a Finn, so I guess I'm some sort of disdained mulatto

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Unctuous Cretin posted:

He has or had a Mexican wife with cancer and got busted repeatedly for marijuana. He also jokingly ran for president in 2016. Despite his affiliation with Blue Collar, there's a pretty strong chance he's a Bradley Cooper-esque disappointment to the conservative populice.

E: quick google shows a lot of old answers to questions about him being conservative, but it seems like he was pretty outspoken against Trump (and Cruz) before the primaries.

Bradley Cooper-esque disappointment? What's that mean?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Bradley Cooper-esque disappointment? What's that mean?

Bradley Cooper was a conservative hero for playing the guy who shot lots of Muslims but it turned out he's a sicko Hollywood lib IRL

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You can never trust entertainers

"Larry The Cable Guy" is just a character

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

snergle posted:

Let's just say that he is far more interested in his contractually provided $200 bottle of scotch every night than he is with delivering a decent performance or treating his crew like reasonable human beings.

e: He did have decent taste in scotch, though. It was usually 18 year Macallan.

Mushika has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Field Mousepad posted:

Or you could bring some chairs like a normal person.

Progress!

Your chair probably would need a tailgate.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Got a wild one from Facebook. The jpg artifacts are just magnificent.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Mushika posted:

Let's just say that he is far more interested in his contractually provided $200 bottle of scotch every night than he is with delivering a decent performance or treating his crew like reasonable human beings.

e: He did have decent taste in scotch, though. It was usually 18 year Macallan.

Sounds about right. He was cool when I hung out with him and his crew at the bowling alley after a USO gig in Mannheim, Germany but we were both whiskey-drunk as gently caress. His performance in the basketball gym was as expected. Still the best the Redneck Comedy Tour.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Decrepus posted:

Your chair probably would need a tailgate.

Only if your mom was in my lap.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Intoluene posted:

Got a wild one from Facebook. The jpg artifacts are just magnificent.

Add another notch to the "I don't actually understand what feminism is about but GRAAAAH I HATE IT SO MUCH, loving BITCHES" stick.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Are Steam reviews social media?

Review for We Are Chicago, a game about a black teenager growing up on the south side of Chicago.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

skit herre posted:

Review for We Are Chicago, a game about a black teenager growing up on the south side of Chicago.

If it turned out the FBI and/or the CIA were behind SWJs, my opinion of them would improve greatly.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

skit herre posted:

In the same vein, here's a Metacritic user review for the same game.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Ein cooler Typ posted:

You can never trust entertainers

"Larry The Cable Guy" is just a character

Rank Platonism!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > 1st thing. IM NOT RACIST.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Don't let it tear us apart like it tore you from your ten dollar Walmart clock radio! :qq:

skit herre posted:

Ah, a game made by noted champions of social justice the FBI and CIA

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

skit herre posted:

I'm glad that Steam user friend of the family human being is not afraid to address the divide in his country.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Woebin posted:

In the same vein, here's a Metacritic user review for the same game.

I like to imagine that 'collapse' is a stage direction for the end of this review.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
1st thing. IM NOT RACIST. Im reviewing the president!
President is boring, energy is low, speech is long for about
30min. Last thing. It last 4 years! For that we can get os
America better presidents. WE ARE NOT CHICAGO.

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Proposed social technology: apophenic paranoid conspiracy theorists (good at generating surprising hypotheses with high likelihood ratios) should team up with mainstream academics (good priors grounded in humanity's vetted collective understanding of the world) to create better theories than either of them could create alone!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I've had enough of your poo poo! I challenge you to whatever analogue of a duel we would invent if we knew more, thought faster, were more the people we wished we were, had grown up farther together; where the extrapolation converges rather than diverges, where our wishes cohere rather than interfere; extrapolated as we wish that extrapolated, interpreted as we wish that interpreted!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Duelling Slav squats.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I always feel like the unspoken assumption with these is "...and that's why my K/D ratio in Counterstrike entitles me to blowjobs from supermodels." These dumb motherfuckers hear paterfamilias and assume they'd be the goddamn Roman Senate, when it actually means you're working 12 hour days at the paper mill to support your homemaker wife and 8 kids (twice that for Catholics).

Congratulations, you're the unquestioned lord and master of your household. Now get the gently caress back to work, the Pinkertons have itchy trigger fingers.

Rangpur has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Mar 2, 2017

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Why yes, he is a stereotypical "nice guy" who complains that women don't blow him just for being nice, how did you guess?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why yes, he is a stereotypical "nice guy" who complains that women don't blow him just for being nice, how did you guess?

I guessed "Idiot that either is incapable of googling a simple fact about snails or thinks asexuality is the same as hermaphrodism" and it looks like I was right!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I highly recommend looking into Battlefield 1 trailers if you want to see some ignorant racist YT comments (because clearly you'd like to see that right?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXl2ZybwTk

Here's my favourite of the night:

"Now do a German campaign.

Let us play as Adolf Hitler when he was a lance corporal in World War I

... This time with less of your cancer diversity agenda, please.
I know your Swedish and it's hard not to publicly claim your feminine self loathing guilt and endless supply defeatist attitudes to your own people but just do this single German campaign with historical accuracy and I shall finally rest on the fact that my money is well spent on this multicultural turd."

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I always feel like the unspoken assumption with these is "...and that's why my K/D ratio in Counterstrike entitles me to blowjobs from supermodels." These dumb motherfuckers hear paterfamilias and assume they'd be the goddamn Roman Senate, when it actually means you're working 12 hour days at the paper mill to support your homemaker wife and 8 kids (twice that for Catholics).

Congratulations, you're the unquestioned lord and master of your household. Now get the gently caress back to work, the Pinkertons have itchy trigger fingers.

Also it isn't like women of the past just sat at home eating bon bons, living off the teat of men's labor. They worked their asses off. The kids too. Not to mention women literally were not allowed to have jobs for many many generations, and when they were allowed it was heavily frowned upon and they were in danger and paid poo poo. Like, there is so much wrong with that image I could write a book.

loving Christ we need better education.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

I highly recommend looking into Battlefield 1 trailers if you want to see some ignorant racist YT comments (because clearly you'd like to see that right?)

I know your Swedish and it's hard not to publicly claim your feminine self loathing guilt and endless supply defeatist attitudes to your own people but just do this single German campaign with historical accuracy and I shall finally rest on the fact that my money is well spent on this multicultural turd."

I figured the different arenas of the war in bf1 were to make the gameplay more interesting and visually distinct, but I guess that is PC bullshit and what the people really want are endless fields of mud.

I haven't played battlefield single player in my life, and haven't bought anything by EA since the nickel and dime fest that was bf3, but I was pretty tempted by bf1.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I figured the different arenas of the war in bf1 were to make the gameplay more interesting and visually distinct, but I guess that is PC bullshit and what the people really want are endless fields of mud.

I haven't played battlefield single player in my life, and haven't bought anything by EA since the nickel and dime fest that was bf3, but I was pretty tempted by bf1.

Good thing you didn't get suckered in like that.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

failing forward posted:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

failing forward posted:

Also it isn't like women of the past just sat at home eating bon bons, living off the teat of men's labor. They worked their asses off. The kids too. Not to mention women literally were not allowed to have jobs for many many generations, and when they were allowed it was heavily frowned upon and they were in danger and paid poo poo. Like, there is so much wrong with that image I could write a book.

Women and children worked in coal mines until the 1930s in the US, actually. A coal miner's wife who was lucky enough to not have to work outside the home (in the mine, or as a servant, or at a textile mill) usually eked out the family income by doing small farming like raising chickens, or took in sewing piecework. In addition to all the exhausting work of hauling water, chopping firewood, cooking meals from scratch, sewing the family clothes, etc. There were no Peg Bundys in coal hollers. The whole thing is a bucket of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

C'est magnifique :france: