Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Idiots on Social Media: Only if you make her cum. Hey buy one of my Straight Razors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Well thanks to idiots on social media The Great War youtube channel had to disable comments on their banking and finance episode, one can only imagine why.
https://twitter.com/WW1_Series/status/836882940139298817

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tarantula posted:

Well thanks to idiots on social media The Great War youtube channel had to disable comments on their banking and finance episode, one can only imagine why.
https://twitter.com/WW1_Series/status/836882940139298817

The Great War rules.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pastry of the Year posted:

Idiots on Social Media: Only if you make her cum. Hey buy one of my Straight Razors

I think you just solved the great ripper murder mystery.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I haven't seen a single headline about those two rednecks going to jail that mentioned the fact they they were pointing a shotgun and making death threats. They have all been along the lines of "couple sentenced to jail for disrupting birthday party."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Guns are only bad when they are in the hands of minorities dontcha know?

Else they are cool and good and a vital right.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I haven't seen a single headline about those two rednecks going to jail that mentioned the fact they they were pointing a shotgun and making death threats. They have all been along the lines of "couple sentenced to jail for disrupting birthday party."

And that they had been doing this, plus driving intoxicated, for two full days.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

Blue also posted this picture in the comments:

Ron White is an enormous rear end in a top hat. I say that from personal experience having had to work with him several times. gently caress that guy with a rusty spork.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

They dodged a loving bullet on Innsmouth girl there

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAUKhZDoZQ

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

The best part is the realization that we should in fact imprison the elderly and not let them vote

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mushika posted:

Ron White is an enormous rear end in a top hat. I say that from personal experience having had to work with him several times. gently caress that guy with a rusty spork.

That sucks, I always felt like he was someone I would like to know personally. :(

Also I assume that quote isn't actually him.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Hmm... yes. Prisoners sure have it great.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Data Graham posted:

On first glance I thought it was Bill Hicks, and got super pissed they'd use his face for that poo poo. Besides, we all know he faked his own death and changed his name to Alex Jones.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Eponine posted:

And that they had been doing this, plus driving intoxicated, for two full days.

Yup.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CHECK OUT THIS HOT TAKE posted:

That's right!

So western culture, aka white culture, since it is derived from european roots.. do I really have to explain this in detail so someone doesn't say "white culture isn't western culture!!!" because it literally is, it's why the term "westernization" is around.

Important 2nd note: "all of you are living in it" isn't literal either, obviously some aren't.

Cultures that "don't belong" TAKE THIS LIGHTLY! stand out more.

It's why if a japanese-american person went to japan, their customs and mannerisms would stand out, now why is that? If their mannerisms and customs aren't japanese... but they are racially japanese, but from america.. it's almost as if they don't lack japanese culture.. but have a culture of their own..?

that invisible spot of culture we just identified, is western/white culture. I can't explain to you what it is, because you probably live in it, which makes it very very hard to explain.

Now of course some people celebrate parts of their culture, even if their main culture is western culture. Example being mexicans celebrating mexican holidays. If you've been living in a western nation like the USA, chances are your main culture is western culture, while you can still celebrate your heritage.

I think it's easy to understand.. right? It's like trying to explain something invisible to someone.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
E: nvm actually this is dumb on so many levels.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

They missed a real opportunity to also point out how prisoners also get more visitors from their friends/family than the elderly do.
I don't know who/what The Welch Bible is but I get the impression whoever made this meme has never been to prison or to an old-folks home.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Data Graham posted:

That sucks, I always felt like he was someone I would like to know personally. :(

He's always been the one dude out of the redneck comedy circuit that was funny and seemed kinda cool. Him saying some poo poo like that honestly wouldn't surprise me though. Gotta appeal to your fanbase and all that.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Now tell me why we need a White History Month.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Field Mousepad posted:

He's always been the one dude out of the redneck comedy circuit that was funny and seemed kinda cool. Him saying some poo poo like that honestly wouldn't surprise me though. Gotta appeal to your fanbase and all that.

He has or had a Mexican wife with cancer and got busted repeatedly for marijuana. He also jokingly ran for president in 2016. Despite his affiliation with Blue Collar, there's a pretty strong chance he's a Bradley Cooper-esque disappointment to the conservative populice.

E: quick google shows a lot of old answers to questions about him being conservative, but it seems like he was pretty outspoken against Trump (and Cruz) before the primaries.

Unctuous Cretin has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Mar 1, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Jurgan posted:

Now tell me why we need a White History Month.

I'm... pretty sure that that picture was suggesting the exact opposite of what you think it did.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mazerunner posted:

I'm... pretty sure that that picture was suggesting the exact opposite of what you think it did.

Maybe. Some people will say "black people think their culture's so great, but really white people made everything! You should thank us!" Could be I was expecting the worst of memes.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It's not impossible to read it that way, but as even a passing familiarity with Imgur's greatest hits will show, the odds of that being the intended interpretation are... not good.

Wouldn't be the first time one of these memes got within a hair's breadth of a breakthrough, either.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, hey, looks like someone just took a first year sociology or cultural anthropology class. Good for him.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Proposed social technology: apophenic paranoid conspiracy theorists (good at generating surprising hypotheses with high likelihood ratios) should team up with mainstream academics (good priors grounded in humanity's vetted collective understanding of the world) to create better theories than either of them could create alone!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
e. nevermind

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Proposed social technology: apophenic paranoid conspiracy theorists (good at generating surprising hypotheses with high likelihood ratios) should team up with mainstream academics (good priors grounded in humanity's vetted collective understanding of the world) to create better theories than either of them could create alone!
This is the only thing wrong with an otherwise beautiful idea.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

So is the OP specifically referring to North American white people or not? Are they lumping stuff like Ukrainian dancing and traditional Sami clothing under the same umbrella as American rednecks having tailgate parties?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

White people have lots of culture that people gloss over for whatever reason

Poutine
Tea
Mayo
Chili
Tacos
Accounting
Swing music
Coats

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Y'all motherfuckers didn't think I knew about juice, did you?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

This but unironically. murder and eat the rich and the old. give prisoners better living conditions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's a pretty serious and angry statement my friend. Why do you want to do that?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

So is the OP specifically referring to North American white people or not? Are they lumping stuff like Ukrainian dancing and traditional Sami clothing under the same umbrella as American rednecks having tailgate parties?

What's the difference between tailgate parties and traditional dancing?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Byzantine posted:

The quality of the beer.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

E: ^ better answer

Byzantine posted:

Nothing really, but that's usually what these people are referring to smugly when they say "white people have no culture" and somehow forget the cultures of white ethnic groups in Europe and Asia

And now reading my post again I can see that it comes across as "American whites have no culture." It's been a long day :(

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Mar 1, 2017

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Slavs aren't white

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Slavs aren't white

Much like the Irish.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

A tailgate party is just a loving party with trucks. It's only unique because of the goddamn trucks. You could have the same party in the woods, there just would not be any trucks. SAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Slavs aren't white

what about Finns and their surly cousins, the interminable Estonian