Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think i am still going to do that hysteria ball lightning ignite prolif build that got linked awhile ago. with the aoe changes i wonder if i can drop one of the aoe clusters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Primeval Force might as well be named "IF YOU'RE A PATHFINDER YOU'RE loving STUPID FOR NOT TAKING THIS NODE"

quote:

20% increased elemental damage with weapons
10% reduced reflected elemental damage taken
Damage with weapons penetrates 5% of resistances
20% increased elemental damage while using a flask

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Are any of the trap builds of old still playable? I have not been paying attention, but I'd like to kill full key run Izaro reliably. I know I can go totem/EQ/whatever but it might be nice to change it up a bit.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Hamburger Test posted:

For anyone else who is impatient, the tree data file is incompatible with PoBuilding.

To update Path of Building if you used the executable: Download this file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7983994/poe/TreeData.zip and paste it in "C:\ProgramData\Path of Building"

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
PoBuilding update available.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

If you need more specific recommendation, run regular version of Neversink's while you make up your mind about the variety. It is fairly foolproof for a brand new player, if slightly confusing without reading the description and a potentially bit audiovisually annoying.

One thing I really hate about Neversink's while levelling is that it thinks links trump base type, so it will highlight even a normal quality simple robe in merc act 3 if it happens to be a 3 or 4 link.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Awesome! posted:

i think i am still going to do that hysteria ball lightning ignite prolif build that got linked awhile ago. with the aoe changes i wonder if i can drop one of the aoe clusters

I was thinking of doing the same, I'm a fan of 6 links without the fusing investment to actually 6 link it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whypick1 posted:

Refresh twice so the icons don't load as garbage.

First thing I noticed is that Winter Spirit is 40% total phys -> cold conversion. Didn't expect anything that high.
Hooooooooooooly poo poo. That's a lot. I am very very cool with this.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Moddington posted:

One thing I really hate about Neversink's while levelling is that it thinks links trump base type, so it will highlight even a normal quality simple robe in merc act 3 if it happens to be a 3 or 4 link.
How many years ago did you last try Neversink's regular?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Moddington posted:

If you are going fast and not killing everything, etc, it can be hard to find 4L's that you want with correct colors...and it might very well be worth slamming some alts or an alch to try for a high life roll on a lesser base with good colors/links. It's especially helpful in situations where you get a sick drop but you can't use it because you are very limited on 4links with proper colors.

Liking neversinks or not is personal preference for sure, but on day1 links/colors are very important, even in merciless..

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 2, 2017

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Neversink's is fine for leveling. Once you hit maps and start seeing tons of crap that you don't want to pick up, try out some of the more restrictive endgame filters.

e: Greengroove's leveling filters are a fine option as well. I first used them in Breach and had no complaints.

Social Media fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 2, 2017

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

How many years ago did you last try Neversink's regular?

Breach league, and confirmed just before I posted using that preview website.

e: In fact this league is the first time I used Neversink's, I was using OFTRTA before then.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Moddington posted:

Breach league, and confirmed just before I posted using that preview website.
Now I have to wonder what do you define as a highlight if I have not noticed 4-link ilvl 25 body armors dropping all over the place on merciless, having levelled multiple characters in Breach myself - I use Neversink's regular filter until level 78-79, when I usually leave the Dried Lake.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i switched back and forth between greengrove and neversink during breach. i think i ended up liking the "strict" neversink filter the most in maps.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Man, I love that even playing Path of Builder is more engaging than Diablo 3.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Now I have to wonder what do you define as a highlight if I have not noticed 4-link ilvl 25 body armors dropping all over the place on merciless, having levelled multiple characters in Breach myself - I use Neversink's regular filter until level 78-79, when I usually leave the Dried Lake.

I mean that it displays good base types and lovely base types the exact same way if they're a 3/4-link. Links are important early on and should be shown, but the most important thing that filters provide is a way to tell good bases from bad bases at a glance.

It's hard to tell when exactly Neversink starts hiding stuff; by refreshing the previewer a bunch I got it to show a drop level 8 at ilvl 60. But it hurts most early on, where the difference between one base type and the next is pretty huge.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blizzard should just buy GGG at this point.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

Primeval Force might as well be named "IF YOU'RE A PATHFINDER YOU'RE loving STUPID FOR NOT TAKING THIS NODE"

not all pathfinder builds are elemental damage

euphronius posted:

blizzard should just buy GGG at this point.

:frogout:

Chris will be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GGG North

panda clue
May 23, 2014

:stonk:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Recently added or changed Patch Notes
Skill Balance Changes

Shock Nova damage has been increased by 33% at level 1, scaling up to 49% increased damage by level 20. The additional damage dealt by the Shock Nova ring has been reduced from 50% of base damage down to 20% of base damage.
Ice Nova damage has been increased by 3% at level 1, scaling up to 24% increased damage by level 20.
Ice Shot now has 60% Physical to Cold conversion (previously 40%)
Frost Blades now has 60% Physical to Cold conversion (previously 40%)

Bug Fixes

Maraketh Two Handed Axes now have 50% increased local Critical Chance, up from 25%/25%/40% on Talon Axe, Dagger Axe and Fleshripper

Area of Effect Balance Changes
Skills which used to gain increased area of effect radius as they levelled no longer do. Instead, the following skills gain additional base radius at certain intervals:

Vaal Reave gains 1 additional unit of radius every 5 levels.

Other Unique Item Changes:
The following changes cannot be obtained by rerolling the item's mods with a Divine Orb:

Lochtonial Caress: No longer has flat added armour. Now has 20-30 to Maximum Life. Now has the property 10% chance to gain a frenzy, power or endurance charge on kill. (Note: we previously incorrectly stated it no longer had reduced mana)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Path of Building updated so I can play dress up again :toot:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Is this still a reasonable tree for an EQ Juggernaut?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...kj3Mve5-Ov-Cv6P

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, theory-crafting a Lead Sprinkler Strength build. I need help with math, especially because I don't know how some mechanics actually work. I should have 975 Str, which should be 292.5 fire added per Sprinkler. If I have a 25%WED belt, does that add 73 to its dps? Is the 16% elemental bonus on them a global thing to skills but not it's fire attacks? I was thinking about Molten Strike for it. Is that still good or did it get nerfed?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

So, theory-crafting a Lead Sprinkler Strength build. I need help with math, especially because I don't know how some mechanics actually work. I should have 975 Str, which should be 292.5 fire added per Sprinkler. If I have a 25%WED belt, does that add 73 to its dps? Is the 16% elemental bonus on them a global thing to skills but not it's fire attacks? I was thinking about Molten Strike for it. Is that still good or did it get nerfed?

It goes on the pile with all your other wed, elemental damage, fire damage, melee damage, etc. Get Path of Building.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool never seen that before

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Lead sprinkler definitely has some possibilities. Does crown of eyes apply iron will spell damage to attacks? If so, you could get a lot of extra mileage out of strength that way. Inquisitor as always seems like the way to go, especially since the item has a really nice crit rate.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Lead sprinkler definitely has some possibilities. Does crown of eyes apply iron will spell damage to attacks? If so, you could get a lot of extra mileage out of strength that way. Inquisitor as always seems like the way to go, especially since the item has a really nice crit rate.

Yeah, crown of eyes+repentance gives you 1% global attack damage per 5 strength.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YoungSexualNorton posted:

If this builder thing is accurate, Using Crown of Eyes does this compared to a life str res helm for my build at least.
+510 ES -3988 ARM -1200 dps -341 life
I love this tool.
Is it super accurate? If so, I actually made a legitimate build for once. It has about the same dps as the one on the forums, but 3x armor and a little more life. This makes me happy.
Next question: I can change from Molten to Vigilant and switch GMP for added fire and fire pen for ele focus. This takes dps from 90k to 140k and I can drop Iron Will. Is Vigilant Strike cool? Or should I stick with Molten (Never used it). I figure maybe Molten will have better clear speed with poo poo flying everywhere.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 2, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ButtWolf posted:

If this builder thing is accurate, Using Crown of Eyes does this compared to a life str res helm for my build at least.
+510 ES -3988 ARM -1200 dps -341 life
I love this tool.
Is it super accurate? If so, I actually made a legitimate build for once. It has about the same dps as the one on the forums, but 3x armor and a little more life. This makes me happy.
Next question: I can change from Molten to Vigilant and switch GMP for added fire and fire pen for ele focus. This takes dps from 90k to 140k and I can drop Iron Will. Is Vigilant Strike cool? Or should I stick with Molten (Never used it). I figure maybe Molten will have better clear speed with poo poo flying everywhere.

I think you want to use EQ or Sunder or Groundslam. Namelocking isn't fun.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
MFW I spend 2 hours figuring out path of building and finally get my whole build together and have custom gear and everything and then manage to BSOD for the first time in literal years before I finish and save it.

MFW it's 2017 and I still have to manually save every 5 minutes out of fear of losing a file.

cool program though

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I think I am gonna go Elementalist Cold > Fire with Frostbolt/Vortex so I can use those awesome mtx effects.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

soscannonballs posted:

I think I am gonna go Elementalist Cold > Fire with Frostbolt/Vortex so I can use those awesome mtx effects.

but you promised to bring jeb back :(

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild posted:

I think you want to use EQ or Sunder or Groundslam. Namelocking isn't fun.

Is Molten a namelocking skill?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

but you promised to bring jeb back :(

I will do Jebquake either this league if I get super rich, or in 3.0 (assuming there isn't something really cool in 3.0 I just have to play).

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Funman: you can import my build by copy/pasta this longass code into the import/export box in Path of Building.
http://pastebin.com/Y9QDj8G1

Easy 10 million dps (5 mil vs "bosses") w/ conc effect. Who knows if this program is being accurate here or not, but either way the scourge+double dip is extremely overkill. Only expensive item required is The scourge, but if I want to switch over before I get that, I could just run a singularity and look super cool. Hell, I can just drop my shield and use both! Will be starting flameblast totems, maybe even as an elementalist, though totems with necro isn't too bad since you get some generic damage and lots of cast speed. Maybe will rework this poo poo and go lowlife/ci at some point and farm endgame bosses if I can be bothered.

Obviously my rolls on my gear won't be quite this good, but it's still just a bunch of rares for the most part. It's gonna be plenty enough. And I have really nothing else to invest it besides rares after I get my Scourge and Cherrubim's (or whatever other armor I decide to try). 2x gryphons on swap still leaves me with 3.8mil vs trash somehow?

Other potential setups: I could use cospri's will, I would lose a very small amount of dps (rapid decay does ALOT for me) and lose 300 hp, and gain either a ring slot or, more likely, adding enfeeble to my cwdt setup instead of inc duration. Probably will choose which of these I do based on the economy, I dunno if that other armor will become more expensive than cospri's somehow. Hell, I'll probably just stay in a tabula until I can 6L one of those!

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 2, 2017

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

MannersPlease posted:

Funman: you can import my build by copy/pasta this longass code into the import/export box in Path of Building.
http://pastebin.com/Y9QDj8G1

Easy 10 million dps (5 mil vs "bosses") w/ conc effect. Who knows if this program is being accurate here or not, but either way the scourge+double dip is extremely overkill. Only expensive item required is The scourge, but if I want to switch over before I get that, I could just run a singularity and look super cool. Hell, I can just drop my shield and use both! Will be starting flameblast totems, maybe even as an elementalist, though totems with necro isn't too bad since you get some generic damage and lots of cast speed. Maybe will rework this poo poo and go lowlife/ci at some point and farm endgame bosses if I can be bothered.

Obviously my rolls on my gear won't be quite this good, but it's still just a bunch of rares for the most part. It's gonna be plenty enough. And I have really nothing else to invest it besides rares after I get my Scourge and Cherrubim's (or whatever other armor I decide to try). 2x gryphons on swap still leaves me with 3.8mil vs trash somehow?

Other potential setups: I could use cospri's will, I would lose a very small amount of dps (rapid decay does ALOT for me) and lose 300 hp, and gain either a ring slot or, more likely, adding enfeeble to my cwdt setup instead of inc duration. Probably will choose which of these I do based on the economy, I dunno if that other armor will become more expensive than cospri's somehow. Hell, I'll probably just stay in a tabula until I can 6L one of those!

is like 7k life and MoM and 10M dps not good enough to farm endgame bosses?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Mince Pieface posted:

is like 7k life and MoM and 10M dps not good enough to farm endgame bosses?

Probably is but you gotta keep up gear progression or else things get boring yaknow

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Hmm... how much cast speed/mana regen do you need for bv berzerker now that the multiple instances bug is fixed so you can reasonably cast Blade Vortex? Do you absolutely need Spell Echo now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MannersPlease posted:

I believe I will get flamed for this but it is my impression that ele is insanely good and easier (maybe cheaper?), and inquisitor also really good, starts slower but with a higher top end if you really want to push how far you take it instead of just transitioning to another build.

I 100% agree with this.

• Locked thread