Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This was a really good episode. It showed how much the relationships between Kobayashi, Tohru, and Kanna have grown--they've really become a family.

At this point, my ideal ending involves Kobayashi telling Tohru to call her by her yet-unmentioned first name :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What's the leg tweet about?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

This was a really good episode. It showed how much the relationships between Kobayashi, Tohru, and Kanna have grown--they've really become a family.

At this point, my ideal ending involves Kobayashi telling Tohru to call her by her yet-unmentioned first name :3:

This isn't how negotiations with Kyoani work.

You've gotta demand that they kiss, and then if you're lucky you'll get Tohru combing out Kobayashi's ponytail

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

You've gotta demand that they kiss, and then if you're lucky you'll get Tohru combing out Kobayashi's ponytail

Good enough for me.

Wait! I meant that's not good enough kyoani!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's the leg tweet about?

and here's a nice article on Yamada's style in general

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://my.mixtape.moe/ykowcs.webm

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lucoa's scenes with Shota are still pretty bad, but I'll admit that the dream imagery genuinely made me laugh until it cut back to Lucoa.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Dosukoi!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:allears: Good official art!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

:allears: Good official art!

not gay enough

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

DisDisDis posted:

still mad there was no kissing in euphonium

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Good episode, topped off a week of good episodes for the shows I'm watching.

Akiba's Trip>Konosuba=this>LWA. Very good week to like cute girl animes and comedies. Yep, yup. :smuggo:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

And with just one episode Elma manages to secure her place as Best Dragon Girl.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

serefin99 posted:

And with just one episode Elma manages to secure her place as Best Dragon Girl.

It was always meant to be.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

English dub: "Tohru may be a maid, but she can also be my friend, who I am not interested in as I am not gay."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Are you an idiot?

yes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Also I'm not sure I've found any concrete info on the ep count, but if it wasn't relatively low, and ended up being 13+1 like someone said, one wonders exactly what they plan to do with an entire 5 more episodes after the sports festival...

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Lucoa's scenes with Shota are still pretty bad, but I'll admit that the dream imagery genuinely made me laugh until it cut back to Lucoa.

The irony of you calling Shouta 'shota' :pervert:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Zeruel posted:

The irony of you calling Shouta 'shota' :pervert:

It's not ironic if he's literally named after that.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 2, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep. Lucoa even calls him "Shouta-kun". It's not subtle.

Also I looked at that timg'd image up there and wow. This thread had hinted at her, but I didn't realize how bad the character who hopefully isn't going to be in this is.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

It's his name...

The author might have named him that for reasons but still.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

Also I looked at that timg'd image up there and wow. This thread had hinted at her, but I didn't realize how bad the character who hopefully isn't going to be in this is.

She's not in the intro, so it's unlikely she'll make the cut. Which is good, the show already has enough fanservice, and even compared to Lucoa/Shota, Ilulu is some HIGH OCTANE fetishism.

Having glanced over the manga and listening to people on this thread, it seems like KyoAni is really smoothing over the rougher edges of the source material, which is great.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's his name...

The author might have named him that for reasons but still.

Yes. That is the point. He is named "shotacon" and half his character involves being perved on by an older woman. That is what I am saying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

She's not in the intro, so it's unlikely she'll make the cut. Which is good, the show already has enough fanservice, and even compared to Lucoa/Shota, Ilulu is some HIGH OCTANE fetishism.

Having glanced over the manga and listening to people on this thread, it seems like KyoAni is really smoothing over the rougher edges of the source material, which is great.

I like the manga, but yeah this adaptation definitely improves on it. I look forward to more of the best dragon, Elma.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

hoobajoo posted:

She's not in the intro yet

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Roland Jones posted:

She's literally the reason I stopped reading the manga. I apparently draw the line at small child-like person with tits literally half the size of the rest of her body.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Space Flower posted:

Also I'm not sure I've found any concrete info on the ep count, but if it wasn't relatively low, and ended up being 13+1 like someone said, one wonders exactly what they plan to do with an entire 5 more episodes after the sports festival...

there's a fifth volume out now, and it apparently has nearly zero of the new/bad dragon, so they'll probably be fine even without needing to make up a lot of anime original stuff (though i'd imagine if they wanted to come up with original stuff it'd be good anyway)

edit: oops i didn't realize that was the darkened area in that image. not sure why it's blacked out like that...

z0glin Warchief fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 2, 2017

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Is Mozart still alive?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

On another topic, I noticed the Japanese title is "Kobayashi-san chi no maidoragon", and I'm not sure what the 'chi' means in that context. Is there a goon better at Japanese than me who could explain?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

On another topic, I noticed the Japanese title is "Kobayashi-san chi no maidoragon", and I'm not sure what the 'chi' means in that context. Is there a goon better at Japanese than me who could explain?

long story short it's basically "household", so it's kind of like "the Kobayashis' place's maid dragon". gives it a little more of a homey/family feeling

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

z0glin Warchief posted:

long story short it's basically "household", so it's kind of like "the Kobayashis' place's maid dragon". gives it a little more of a homey/family feeling

Thanks!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Gayest and thus best episode yet.

Kanna has her own labeled charger and two moms who want to make her lunch, a blessed child.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like how they use the background framing to undermine Fafnir here.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I remember from (i think) an earlier entry on the sakugabooru blog that there were a lot of opening shots that suggested a time of year, does anyone know if the one for this ep is another traditional seasonal thing? It seemed like an intentional layout but i have no idea about japanese traditions.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Wallrod posted:

I remember from (i think) an earlier entry on the sakugabooru blog that there were a lot of opening shots that suggested a time of year, does anyone know if the one for this ep is another traditional seasonal thing? It seemed like an intentional layout but i have no idea about japanese traditions.

Yeah that's a p traditional moon viewing set-up, which is an autumn thing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Ah, moon-viewing offerings. That's a high-tier kancolle office setup.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Tohru is still my favourite chorogon

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mine's probably Fafnir, predictably enough. Kanna and Tohru are neck and neck for second, Elma just behind the pair of them, and Lucoa well behind her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

hoobajoo posted:

I just realized outside of work she wears her jacket the same way she wears her traditional outfit thing. That's great.
:aaa:

chumbler posted:

I like the manga, but yeah this adaptation definitely improves on it. I look forward to more of the best dragon, Elma Kanna.

Faf is a little crabby :allears:

• Locked thread