Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lance Stroll may be bad but he does join the ever-smaller "F1 drivers with acceptable helmet designs" club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And may he always keep it on in his walk of shame back to the pits.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Powershift posted:

And may he always keep it on in his walk of shame back to the pits.

His stroll back to the pits, you might say.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

His stroll back to the pits, you might say.

I was going to say stroll of shame, but i didn't ant to confuse it with what his father calls him. :downsrim:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In honor of Hefe I am considering backing "Are Stroll" .

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferrari's tester/Sauber driver Giovinazzi seems to be doing a tribute to Andrea de Cesaris in what is also an acceptable helmet

are Good Helmets back?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

In honor of Hefe I am considering backing "Are Stroll" .

I wish El Hefe would come back and let us know he's still alive. :(

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Did he die under state capitalism

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Ferrari's tester/Sauber driver Giovinazzi seems to be doing a tribute to Andrea de Cesaris in what is also an acceptable helmet

are Good Helmets back?

I like this a lot.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The grid needs an Italian. Also a Japanese driver.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alain Post posted:

are Good Helmets back?

Still missing the best helmet from last year (Nasr's).

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

gret posted:

I wish El Hefe would come back and let us know he's still alive. :(

I asked in the Venezuela politics thread and they hadn't heard from him, however he had a bit of an argument in there and got a short ban, which was the last time he posted on SA, and they are hoping he's just taking a forum break.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Human Grand Prix posted:

The grid needs an Italian. Also a Japanese driver.

kamui kobayashi needs to return

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bernie gonna start another series with Maldonado, Kobayashi, Kubica and Heikki

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

simplefish posted:

Bernie gonna start another series with Maldonado, Kobayashi, Kubica and Heikki

million dollar banger racing.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Powershift posted:

million dollar banger racing.

Hell I'd watch that

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lance Stroll is bad.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/837213917910818816

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I had to look up what Heikkis been up to and he's been racing in Super GT in Japan. Lucky gently caress.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Norns posted:

kamui kobayashi needs to return
Yes.

Also, Lance Boil.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What lap times did those trucks set and how far behind them is Mclaren?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Lance Stroll aka Thunderbirds are Go

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Link for the lazy http://www.autosport.com/live/commentary/id/2510419/formula-1-testing-2017-barcelona-f1-test-day-four

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So this morning it's a wet track test, Lewis bitched and moaned about not wanting to go out on a wet track. Now the track is drying out and the Mercedes has still not gone out. Lol.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Alain Post posted:

are Good Helmets back?

Giovinazzi is cool and good and I was genuinely disappointed he didn't manage to beat Gasly to the GP2 title. :italy:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I had to look up what Heikkis been up to and he's been racing in Super GT in Japan. Lucky gently caress.

And by that you mean "winning the GT500 title in 2016" in the Denso SARD car, their first championship ever in Japanese GT.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Sympathy among frauds: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128331/hamilton-feels-for-stroll-after-crash

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alain Post posted:

are Good Helmets back?

I think so, take a gander at Nando's testing lid.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Guess it's a bit of a damp squib today

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

GramCracker posted:

I know it's a dead horse already, but scrolling down the page, my mind immediately identified this as a Marussia.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

GramCracker posted:

I just had to double check you didn't post an old Marussia/Manor pic

E: lol jinx

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
You guys didn't hear? Nando is funding the team himself, got tired of McLaren and figured that would be a better title shot.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Try our NEW Petulance flavour!"

learnincurve posted:

So this morning it's a wet track test, Lewis bitched and moaned about not wanting to go out on a wet track. Now the track is drying out and the Mercedes has still not gone out. Lol.

Just perfect.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

Try our NEW Petulance flavour!"

"Have a sip of Lewis" :gay:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

"Have a sip of Lewis" :gay:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm having a RedBull Purple this morning in honor of MaxCrap. It tastes like grape soda for children so it's appropriate

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm having a RedBull Purple this morning in honor of MaxCrap. It tastes like grape soda for children so it's appropriate

I've reported this post because it is a rivals dot com pun. Enjoy youare probation. 😎👍🔜💣

Max is extremely ftw and is the. best driver on the grid alongside Vettel.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Rob Smedley is pulling a serious "Lance baby stay cool", falling over himself to make sure Williams' new canadian sugar daddy stays happy despite destroying the only 2017 williams:

quote:

"He shouldn't feel he has let them down, otherwise we are living in some kind of terrible blame culture and we don't want that," Smedley said. "Everybody – I wouldn't even call it a mistake that Lance made. He was going for an upshift, he was on cold tires, Felipe once or twice on day one made almost exactly the same mistake – and that is a guy with 15 years experience.
"It is for us to understand how to rebalance the car, how to get the tire working, even in tricky situations on those cold laps to help the drivers in those situations. Nobody stands back and says that is your bit and you are to blame for it – absolutely not. There is no blame to apportion here at all, the main focus as usual is how did it happen, how do we stop it happening again and how do we contain the actions going forward."

You never upshift on cold tires, duh. Thats why the out-lap is always done in first gear, with the pit limiter on.

Bold Prediction: Williams finishes behind Force India AND Mclaren in the points this year.

Norns posted:

That's not that bold. Massa is brain dead and Stroll blows goats

Subscript Prediction: Williams finishes behind Force India AND Mclaren in the points this year.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 2, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That's not that bold. Massa is brain dead and Stroll blows goats

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mean Massa didn't even get the date of his own loving retirement right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stroll is a good lad who's just driving to the limits of the Williams chassis capabilities like Are Jacques did twenty years ago :canada:

• Locked thread