Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cowcaster posted:

can you go into excruciating detail how you did it because i tried one (1) time last month and got obliterated and realized that using ninja magic was a Bad Idea and my black magic hones were really poo poo so I didn't try again

It was a long time ago that I beat Kaiser Dragon, but here are the main points:

You really got to hope he goes into Fire mode 2nd or 3rd. If he does, change the crystal to fire resist and then just go to town; the attack he does when changing phases is fire, so everyone should have fire res on anyway, and with the crystal set one person can actually absorb fire
Obviously MBlink is real good, but not essential
You do have to hone your black magic, but when I beat him the only chain -ga was Blizzaga so you can get away with 4* spells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Re: meltdown boss, pay close attention to the element shifts in phase 2. I just barely missed mastery (which I'm feeling too lazy to go back for) because it got to lightning pretty late and I ran Deployment Tactics which caused him to go into Phase 3 one action before my lightning attack landed. So annoying.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CaptainPsyko posted:

Meltdown. It's so far above and beyond every other 6* ability except maybe Curada for overall everyday usefulness.

That said, if you got any job motes from torments or five dooms, fire crystals are super super common. You should have plenty to craft and even hone both. Power/Black crystals are the bottlenecks and don't overlap.

This is my main concern. From what I've read, even JP doesn't have enough black crystals to hone Meltdown to R2 yet. I don't want to wait a full loving year just so I can spend a year's worth of resources for just 2 more uses out of any spell no matter how strong it is.

I feel like I could get a lot of mileage out of Omega Drive though. I primarily use physical teams. I'm gonna sit on these for a while and really consider them but thanks for everyone's feedback.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is my main concern. From what I've read, even JP doesn't have enough black crystals to hone Meltdown to R2 yet.

Yeah we do. I have Meltdown r2 and that's after making and shattering Ultima for science.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Is there any way to farm Black Crystals, however painstakingly?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

U-DO Burger posted:

There have been a handful of ultimate fights that drop them. I spent two weekends back in December farming two events for them and have R2 Meltdown as a result. It owns.

Next opportunity is a little ways away though, IIRC.

(That said, I didn't spend any mythril. I just blew off dailies for a total of about 8 days IIRC)

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/03/01/upcoming-in-app-announcement-break-level-cap--4

quote:

New Memory Crystal IIIs Available in the Hall of Rites! New Memory Crystal IIIs can now be exchanged for Memory Crystal III Lodes.

Memory Crystal IIIs available for the following heroes: ・Master
・Gordon
・Desch
・Golbez
・Galuf
・Relm
・Red XIII
・Seifer
・Eiko
・Rikku
・Fran
・Snow
・Minfilia
・Ovelia

Hall of Rites Updated! Heroes available in the Hall of Rites: ・Master

Memory Crystals available in the Hall of Rites for the following heroes: ・Master

Memory Crystal IIs available in the Hall of Rites for the following heroes: ・Master

* Memory Crystal IIIs will be added for more heroes in future updates. Stay tuned for in-game announcements!

More Record Spheres! ◆ Record Spheres added for:
・Wol
・Sarah
・Echo

Hahahaha. Eiko's getting MC3 tomorrow but still no Record Dive. Still, at least it's something for all you Hamelin-havers

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ugh, freaking filler characters getting Record Dive before Eiko. At least the MC3 means a somewhat thicker card stock instead of tissue paper for my main healer.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

victrix posted:

I beat Kaiser Dragon :neckbeard:

I have just enough to craft it, but I need to figure out which of aff break/omega drive/curada it conflicts with and what to prioritize.

I'm thinking curada and aff break as first priority, unless bosses become immune to it regularly?

(He never once went vuln to the right elements, what a lame mastery req)

Kaiser is a bullshit one to master because it can be literally impossible. If you stall and take too long all the nightmare bosses will just do their party wipe moves, to say nothing of actually trying to stay alive in the meantime. So you have to totally redo the battle until the right elements pop up and then hope you don't mess it up.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is my main concern. From what I've read, even JP doesn't have enough black crystals to hone Meltdown to R2 yet. I don't want to wait a full loving year just so I can spend a year's worth of resources for just 2 more uses out of any spell no matter how strong it is.

I feel like I could get a lot of mileage out of Omega Drive though. I primarily use physical teams. I'm gonna sit on these for a while and really consider them but thanks for everyone's feedback.

2 uses for me is personally enough on certain characters, it depends how you're using it. For a lot of mages specifically you're just casting whatever until your BSB is ready, then you just chain BSB skills into another BSB until the battle ends. In cases like that 2 casts of a very strong spell are almost enough

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

2 uses for me is personally enough on certain characters, it depends how you're using it. For a lot of mages specifically you're just casting whatever until your BSB is ready, then you just chain BSB skills into another BSB until the battle ends. In cases like that 2 casts of a very strong spell are almost enough

This is true, but it just shows how much of a niche ability it truly is. Even when it does hit a weakness, I've sometimes brought lesser abilities simply for consistent SB gauge building. If I had 4 uses I'm sure that'd be different but nonetheless you can easily make due without meltdown in the game especially with relics being so prominent.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

U-DO Burger posted:

For these you gotta wait till a 60 stamina Ultimate boss drops them. A lot of people have switched from doing dailies to farming these ultimates to get crystals, since there's no other way to amass them. And 5* skills are becoming less and less relevant for damage. The current one drops power crystals and I got my first ever crystal drop this morning.

Some people have even sunk mythril/gems into crystal farming and there was a guy found in Multiplayer that had a R3 Meltdown.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Managed to get the Ultimate boss down with Seifer/Golbez, and some assorted mages running Cid Raines RW. Aaaaaand, I'm calling this XII event done. Not going to even bother making an attempt on Ultimate +.

Definitely impatient for the FF7 event to start though. I'm ready to be disappointed by pulling on this trap banner in ten hours!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

So I discovered that I have the resources to craft both Meltdown and Omega Drive. Based on the info in this post I just might do that.

Any strong arguments against it (other than not being able to hone either for a really long time)?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Managed to get the Ultimate boss down with Seifer/Golbez, and some assorted mages running Cid Raines RW. Aaaaaand, I'm calling this XII event done. Not going to even bother making an attempt on Ultimate +.

Definitely impatient for the FF7 event to start though. I'm ready to be disappointed by pulling on this trap banner in ten hours!

fwiw the last fight is supposed to be easier

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Shock Trooper posted:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/03/01/upcoming-in-app-announcement-break-level-cap--4

Hahahaha. Eiko's getting MC3 tomorrow but still no Record Dive. Still, at least it's something for all you Hamelin-havers
Grats to us Minfilia SSB and/or BSB havers from the XIV rampage and grats to you Seifer BSB havers from the last event! Now bring on Orbfest so I can get Faris (broken yesterday), Eiko, and Minfilia leveled!

Aurora posted:

fwiw the last fight is supposed to be easier
If someone is happy about beating the Ultimate, he/she probably has a chance at the U++ but likely no chance at Mandragoras

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, Mandragoras are the real final boss this event. Hydro++ is more like a victory lap.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

It's one stamina. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try it. If you can inflict at least 3/5 of them with their status vulnerabilities within the first two turns you have a puncher's chance of winning depending on your RW choice.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Golbez gets his MC3? gently caress yes, that guy needs all the magic he can get

Kawalimus posted:

For these you gotta wait till a 60 stamina Ultimate boss drops them. A lot of people have switched from doing dailies to farming these ultimates to get crystals, since there's no other way to amass them. And 5* skills are becoming less and less relevant for damage. The current one drops power crystals and I got my first ever crystal drop this morning.

Some people have even sunk mythril/gems into crystal farming and there was a guy found in Multiplayer that had a R3 Meltdown.

Well, it's a change of pace from farming dailies I guess, but like hell am I blowing mythril on stamina refills.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I've found this to be generally true for a fair number of 5* skills as I've played longer, just because of how insane BSBs are.

Caveat being on any fight that's going to challenge you, you might actually need or want the extra charges.

I think only torments and apoc fits that bill currently, maybe some select u+ fights. Or cms? I haven't even touched those yet :v:

R2 on the sixes would be reallllll nice though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

99% of the time I have Meltdown on Onion Knight and use it once his BSB runs out before starting it up again.

I rarely even use both casts.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kawalimus posted:

Some insane guy in the JP version has R4 Meltdown. I wanna know how much mythril he spent on refreshes. It has to be several hundred dollars worth.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Bad thursdaily and nothing left to do but a 21 stamina elite dungeon with a shard that im saving to reset my stamina...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

iPodschun posted:

If someone is happy about beating the Ultimate, he/she probably has a chance at the U++ but likely no chance at Mandragoras

I conflated what they said with it being the Mandragoras fight, oops

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I'm at the point where I only have 1 5* ability (that I got from the FF8 event), which is great on Fujin, but overall my options are still pretty limited to purely 4* stuff.

Speaking of which, I can now craft Full Break, and another 5* ability or two that don't share the same orbs. Are there any recommendations for things that are good at only R1?

I've got two monks with bursts, Raijin and Tifa, and Tifa's got enEarth, so I was thinking about crafting Meteor Crush. But I'm also going to be pulling once or twice on the banner in a few minutes and if I get the Cid Shout thats probably less of a priority.

I've also got Seifer and Golbez that I use frequently with multiple bursts, so maybe its less necessary, but I was looking at the 5* Darkness abilities too.

If I wind up with some good Cid gear, I'd like to get some of the Dragoon abilities (since I'll also be pulling hard for Kain and Luneth in future events).

Or am I better off trying to get something broader like Full Charge or a Chain spell?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
2 Pulls and I am :smith:

Barret/11
Cid Shout/11

It's my first Pentabreak, and a Shout, so I shouldn't be too disappointed. Was really pulling hard for some of the wind gear.

Nothing until the anniversary now!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Tempted to pull here. My synergy for FFVII in order of usefulness
Weapon
Crystal Cross
Green Megaphone
Shotgun
Platinum Fist
Guard Stick
8* gold sword
Yellow Megaphone
Candle Rod

Armor
Wutai Headband
Cid Goggles
Keepsake Ribbon

Most people probably would find the banner pretty meh, but I would really like a good sword for this realm and this banner seems pretty good odds, and only one dupe.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Got a dupe Rune Blade with my dollar pull. Not sure if the thing to do here is always combine, or if I should keep it until I have 5 different VII weapons.

edit: Then I went 2/11. Both of them were Heavy Vulcans.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

100 gems asspulled Aeriths lovely critga + mblink SB, 50 mythril went 1/11 dupe lovely prism rod :negative:

Whaled for an 11 pull, turned out to be the correct option: Aerith USB, Zack BSB, Cid's Goggles

:getin:

Not chasing Cloud's BSB2 since it returns on the utterly broken USB godbanner. Getting Zack's BSB was huge here

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What's up Zack BSB buddy :):hf::)

Also got Barret's pentabreak... and I already had his atk/mag down... and he has support 5... penta/double/full/wrathbreak??! (sounds bad)

And Aerith's faaaaaaaaart

Too bad I don't actually have any good BSBs to really take advantage of the imperil wind. Squall's barely counts. But it makes any future wind goodies I get that much better. There's always Tornado Strike I guess?

It's more useful than the imperil lightning I have on fran, a lone imperil sb isn't very exciting, having it as a free bonus on a BSB is nice.

(I'll give credit to Barret though, I don't much like him as a character in this, but his ssb animations are completely hilarious)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Hmmmm.....so tempting to pull since no dupes, but anniversary so close. But an imperil wind. But at least two things that would do nothing for me.

That's 50 mithril that should probably go towards a crazy good anniversary banner.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What's up with this quiz site? I can't get it to load.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
100 gem pulled Cid's shout clone. I don't have native shout, so I'm quite happy.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This is a nice 100 gem pull

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mithross posted:

100 gem pulled Cid's shout clone. I don't have native shout, so I'm quite happy.

Armitage posted:

This is a nice 100 gem pull

Copycat!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Grabbed Zack's BSB off a dollar pull! I've got Clouds enwind SSB, Cid's wind SSB, and Bartz and Squall's BSBs, so while it'd be nice to get one of the other BSBS on this banner, I think I've got a pretty solid wind team already.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gonna try and make affliction break for these Mandragora's assholes. What other recursive fights does it shine?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

djfooboo posted:

Gonna try and make affliction break for these Mandragora's assholes. What other recursive fights does it shine?

Don't waste your time making it for that fight, with five different targets to try and land it on it won't help all that much.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Alxprit posted:

Don't waste your time making it for that fight, with five different targets to try and land it on it won't help all that much.

Dollar bought me a cloud bsb2. Also bought me a gabramth bsb last banner too. Dollars are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Edgar's OSB makes a nice RW for Mandragoras

• Locked thread