Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its sad how they shitted on Dragon Age. The first was good.

The third one was also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mymla posted:

The third one was also good.

I tried to play it after W3, poor game...never stood a chance.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Vitamin P posted:

That's interesting. Dragon Age was to take Dungeons and Dragons, Mass Effect was to take Star Wars, has anything else emerged that can get took?

Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are both popular enough but GoT they've kind of tried to fold into Dragon Age and zombies are a bit done. Did anything ever come of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyfmUkDixE , because a sort of supernatural modern action thing would tick a lot of boxes.

Doctor Who, you wait.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I was not a fan of DA 1 because I'd just completed mass effect and wanted to try another bioware game. I didn't like the combat or how none of the player character dialogue was voiced.

I did give it a real chance though, I played all the way past the fade. I just then sort of stopped.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It was also not the first game again and if that is what you wanted, it definitely didn't land well. I like Inquisition, but it is not Origins. To me, Origins had too much jank and system mastery where some choices of character progression are just legit bad, and its tone was confused where it couldn't decide if it was grim or sincerely fantastical Inquisition had a stronger, more fantastical tone and action combat, but the villains were weak and the combat couldn't support the tactical elements Origin nailed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Burkion posted:

The only thing I want to know about the ME A multiplayer is what race class combos are going to be in from the jump. Also if we're going to be able to equip melee weapons to our Multiplayer character like the Single Player character. I'd love to be some sneaky sneak assassin and then pull out a giant gently caress off hammer to smash dudes
Just admit it, you want to play a pink agrabah with a hammer because it's the closest you'll get to Kirby's Mass Effect Adventure.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I want this game to be good, especially the multiplayer. I had lots of fun with friends in ME3 Multiplayer. :unsmith:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vitamin P posted:

That's interesting. Dragon Age was to take Dungeons and Dragons, Mass Effect was to take Star Wars, has anything else emerged that can get took?

Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are both popular enough but GoT they've kind of tried to fold into Dragon Age and zombies are a bit done. Did anything ever come of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyfmUkDixE , because a sort of supernatural modern action thing would tick a lot of boxes.

Zombies were a bit done 10 years ago, it's not like it ever stopped anyone.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vitamin P posted:

Heartbreaker option: Jade Empire 2.

Or snagging a license for one of the more obscure Dungeons and Dragons properties like Eberron or Dark Sun.

If it's an original IP, I could see a superhero game doing well.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bioware Eberron game be still my heart.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Serf posted:

Bioware Eberron game be still my heart.

Why would you do this to me?

Also Hasbro won't let anyone touch any of the non-FR IPs until the IP Well has run dry to bare stone, and they've squeezed the blood out of the stone.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
A Jade Empire 2 would be the best thing ever, thanks.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Revenue US$4.396 billion (2016)
Operating income US$948 million (2015)
Number of employees 8,500 (2016)
The Consumerist rating as "Worst Company in America"

im the guy who doesn't understand that EA owning Bioware doesn't mean they suddenly have 8500 employees working on a single game

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
they forgot the pickles on my big mac - UNACCEPTABLE when 75,000 people worked on it!!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Why would you do this to me?

Also Hasbro won't let anyone touch any of the non-FR IPs until the IP Well has run dry to bare stone, and they've squeezed the blood out of the stone.

Well there is the lovely MMO with Eberron. They could do a lot worse than let Bioware take a crack at the IP.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Serf posted:

Well there is the lovely MMO with Eberron. They could do a lot worse than let Bioware take a crack at the IP.

The lovely Eberron MMO was started 2 editions and three leads ago. The current people running the show have flat out stated that they're only going to publish material for the Forgotten Realms until they've run out of FR stories to tell.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MDK... 3?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

The lovely Eberron MMO was started 2 editions and three leads ago. The current people running the show have flat out stated that they're only going to publish material for the Forgotten Realms until they've run out of FR stories to tell.

In that case they ran out sometime after NWN2.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

yes......YES.......

be still my heart

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

im the guy who doesn't understand that EA owning Bioware doesn't mean they suddenly have 8500 employees working on a single game

which animations for me3 did you work on?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
im the guy who wrote the ending

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
what did happen to all the Wizards of th coast licenced games?? pls explain to me why wotc doenst licence their worlds (except as dumb mmos) anymore in this mass effect thread

Serf
May 5, 2011

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

what did happen to all the Wizards of th coast licenced games?? pls explain to me why wotc doenst licence their worlds (except as dumb mmos) anymore in this mass effect thread

because they work out of a broom closet with a team of three people and also they hate money

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

they dont make money because no one cares about lame dnd poo poo and theyre too scared to use one of their cool settings or scenarios because games cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but they used to cost $$$$$$$

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

Because they put Mike Mearls in charge and he's an utter moron who regularly goes out of the way to piss off his customer base in an effort to appeal to grognards and nostalgia.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
The secret IP might just be straight up Star Wars, as EA already owns the rights to make games for it.
I'd be so happy to get a real KotOR 3, and not a sad MMO with a Star Wars skin.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wooper posted:

It's not fair to compare indie games like ME to AAA titles like Witcher 3.

Seriously though how concerned should we be that MA: A is not having a beta?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I mean, KOTFE had a decent enough story, the issue was that you hit max level in chapter 4 of 16, and the loot they gave you was utter poo poo compared to things you could buy from vendors, so there was absolutely zero personal advancement, and basically zero replay value.

There's also the fact that the ending was a total cop-out to force you to keep playing the next story expansion where the exact same cycle would happen all over again.

A KOTOR 3 with an actual budget and ending would probably be great, but it would also be a nail in TOR's coffin.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Arglebargle III posted:

i would considering it a damning sign only in retrospect, before hand i don't think it really says anything on it's own

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
yo cowcaster can you go back to throwing down, that poo poo was hilarious

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

yes......YES.......

be still my heart

which animations for me3 did you work on?

Do you sincerely believe Bioware would be a good fit for Dark Sun? Their games are fun and all but they make what are essentially the marvel movies of video games

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Arglebargle III posted:

Either very concerned or not at all, no time for half measures!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Arglebargle III posted:

Zero.

They're still showing it off at PAX and we'll have a 10 hour trial before release.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

You can read the MP designer's thoughts on it on his twitter if you're curious: https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo (scroll down a little bit).
Basically they've already been doing non-public testing for a while and it wasn't worth doing at this point.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arglebargle III posted:

There is no such thing as a beta these days. It's just free advertisement on a stable build.

I hope some PC benchmarks come out. I saw the requirements and they are promising. Upgrading to a 1440p, G-Sync monitor and I wanna push my 1070 till it melts.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bioware should give us the Spelljammer game we have always wanted.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

They should do an LA Noire sort of thing since being a space detective in ME3 was one of my favourite things to do in the entire galaxy. Their facial rendering could use some work to make it happen, but they could make it more clue based. Set it anywhere/time interesting and I'm in.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You can read the MP designer's thoughts on it on his twitter if you're curious: https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo (scroll down a little bit).
Basically they've already been doing non-public testing for a while and it wasn't worth doing at this point.

How worth doing was it if they'd been competent enough to do it sooner?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

There is no such thing as a beta these days. It's just free advertisement on a stable build.

I hope some PC benchmarks come out. I saw the requirements and they are promising. Upgrading to a 1440p, G-Sync monitor and I wanna push my 1070 till it melts.

The PC specs are in the OP, if that is what you are talking about

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Number Ten Cocks posted:

How worth doing was it if they'd been competent enough to do it sooner?

I'm literally just linking to their reasoning. Feel free to speculate all you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

im the guy who wrote the ending

No, I wrote the ending.