Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

darkwasthenight posted:

Counterpoint to the arranged marriage theory: think of some of the family horror stories we've seen go through this thread and then tell me you want them picking your husband.

I dunno if you want to debate with people who got all their information about arranged marriage from one episode of Master of None

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Kullik posted:

Clearly i agree with the use of these terms, in no way was i simply arguing that comparing finding trans women attractive with loving dogs, is loving revolting.

finding women with dicks attractive is a niche

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Whorelord posted:

finding women with dicks attractive is a niche

Remember, there are no chicks with dicks, there's just dudes with tits.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Check out this goddamn Sherlock Holmes over here

Me [41F] with my husband [40M] of 1yr work together, dealing with gossip Relationships

quote:

submitted 1 year ago by Nukleeredhed

We are well - known in the workplace having worked in the same department/building until recently. I hear from different coworkers about my husband's behavior. Most of what I hear does not bother me. But it all has certainly turned my radar on, so to speak. Where there is smoke, there is fire kinda thing. But recently, someone I do not know but knows my husband stated to me that my husband is gay and our marriage is a front. This bothers me because my husband cheated on his first wife with men and trannies. The sexual aspect doesn't bother me. It's the fact that someone I do not know said my marriage is a fraud. My husband is aware of thisyesterday incident and told me that person was just messing with me after we ran into him at Walmart yesterday. But I can't help but wonder... Is that person a past lover? Is my marriage a front?

tl;dr: Workplace gossip is getting to me and affecting my marriage. How do I handle this?

Where there's smoke there's fire indeed. Don't date/marry cheaters people, come on.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She's a beard and doesn't know it

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bubblyblubber posted:

A likely story. Cuff him, boys!

My [20F] family is calling my niece [13F] a traitor because she went to the police and told them what her dad were doing to her brother [14M] Non-Romantic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zLhMUApgqs
Niece is a trooper. She deserves a medal.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bubblyblubber posted:

A likely story. Cuff him, boys!

My [20F] family is calling my niece [13F] a traitor because she went to the police and told them what her dad were doing to her brother [14M] Non-Romantic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zLhMUApgqs

That girl's a champ. Good on her

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
It must have been pretty loving intense too if they apprehended the kid like that. What is wrong with people

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WampaLord posted:

Remember, there are no chicks with dicks, there's just dudes with tits.

And a whole lot of transphobic bigots.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gorilla Salad posted:

And a whole lot of transphobic bigots.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

Check out this goddamn Sherlock Holmes over here
Where there's smoke there's fire indeed. Don't date/marry cheaters people, come on.

Warning: mirthless posting

Knew a gal who was in an on again off again relationship with a guy she desparately loved and he would constantly dump her. He would constantly go out clubbing one on one with new guys, stay at their houses, etc but always claimed to be straight. After years of this up to and including moving across the country to be nearer to him she finally summed up the courage to dump him when some random people on the street called her his beard.

You think shed dump him first, but he still beat her to the punch because he finally summed up the courage to tell his parents about his trans beaux that he planned to marry and they accepted them as a couple so he called her to let her know he didnt need her anymore and stopped picking up her calls.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

It must have been pretty loving intense too if they apprehended the kid like that. What is wrong with people

look sacrifices have to be made to ensure someone in the family is good at sports

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Bubblyblubber posted:

Don't date/marry cheaters people, come on.

You do what you want I'll do what I want

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Warning: mirthless posting

Knew a gal who was in an on again off again relationship with a guy she desparately loved and he would constantly dump her. He would constantly go out clubbing one on one with new guys, stay at their houses, etc but always claimed to be straight. After years of this up to and including moving across the country to be nearer to him she finally summed up the courage to dump him when some random people on the street called her his beard.

You think shed dump him first, but he still beat her to the punch because he finally summed up the courage to tell his parents about his trans beaux that he planned to marry and they accepted them as a couple so he called her to let her know he didnt need her anymore and stopped picking up her calls.

Women love hard.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Speaking of arranged marriages. One of my coworkers is American of Pakistani descent and he's getting arranged married in July. Dude's twenty-six or so. We live in the East coast, she lives in the West coast, and he just flew out with his mom a few weeks ago to meet her in person for the first time.

He doesn't seem too thrilled about it, but I guess there must have been some arrangement with his parents where he'd get free reign to do what he wanted until he'd reach a certain age.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Batterypowered7 posted:

some arrangement with his parents where he'd get free reign to do what he wanted until he'd reach a certain age.

Mephistopheles pls do the needful

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I (19M) in a dead relationship with (19F) thinking of cheating with (23F) but dont know if I can handle the guilt.

quote:

Ok before I say what is happening. I have been a lurker for a while and felt I needed to post now as I honestly don't know what to do and need help. I know I look like a dick but I just need to vent or let this out.
Background: I've been with my gf (19F) for nearly 3 years now. Things were great, we were having fun you know teenage poo poo.
Until about a year ago all of a sudden the sex just dries up like a loving prune. I'm left having to spank the monkey most nights, at this time as well we were having a lot of arguements and she was going through family stress and stuff. I'm going to change her name to Natalie.
So yeah for the past year we haven't been doing anything. Apart from a couple of weeks ago where she let us have sex. Like she literally just laid there and I couldn't do anything I thought I was loving a corpse. And she says that she is doing it all for me because she can see I'm upset. Which is great but it doesn't help the situation when I'm not getting any enjoyment out of it and neither is she? Anyway. Aside from that we haven't done anything in a year, and as a 19M I'm sure you can imagine it makes me feel like what is the point in this because I have needs?
Now I don't want to sound like some sex crazed psycho, but I do love sex like any normal person I'm sure. But I do love Natalie, she is my best friend and she's my gamer buddy, and she bought me a ps4 for god sake I mean how good is that? I will come back to the ps4 in a moment.
Yeah I'm sure you're reading this thinking, I would be pretty loving happy if my gf did that for me? And I was, but then I felt miserable, she says I look miserable, she says she's not attracted to me, that I don't take care of myself anymore. And by that she means I don't shave..I tell her I like my beard and she says I look homeless. Brilliant. This leads to more arguements and always in the back of my mind I just keep thinking we should be having sex. I'm not having sex? Why am I not having sex??!
I've tried talking to her and it just gets no where she says that I need to make up for stuff that I've said in arguments that has really hurt her. I have to admit I can be a total dick in arguments and say hurtful things. But I accept that and I take her out for dinner a couple of times, buy her a few things, the witcher 3 for instance which she is now obssessed with. But still nothing, she doesn't even let me go near that area, like its on lockdown?! Anyway you get the idea I'm just miserable so I just start playing ps4 a bit more.
Now elder scrolls just came out and I meet this girl on there. I freak out finding a girl online like this stuff just happens when the stars align and stuff, so I take my oppurtunity add her you know the deal start talking etc.
I'll call her Sandra, well I find out Sandra is 23F and lives in the county next to me. (I'm from the UK btw) which sparks my interest, we do a real name request etc etc. Oh quick thing to add its not just me and her at this time there's a group of my friends and she just comes in etc. We make the jokes who's going to get her first. I say no obviously she's off limits for me even though I still added her.
We talk for about a month, in this time she's added me on snapchat and then about 2-3 weeks ago she asks if I want her number, now I say yes and I know I shouldn't of. I mean we haven't been like overly flirty, we snapchat a bit and stuff but nothing serious. I also need to add that she is in a 5 year relationship, and she and her boyfriend are both black belts at karate and she also does kick boxing. Which idk why but I found strangely attractive, you know a girl who's fit sporty, Natalie on the other hand her sport is horse riding, so quite different.
Anyway we have started talking and I'm talking to her pretty much every day apart from weekends when we are with our SO's. The talk gets more flirty and now we both have admitted that we want to gently caress each other. Nudes have been exchanged and my god she is just everything you expect like just loving perfect athletic body. And she has some junk in the trunk and some decent boobage. I feel like I hit the jack pot.
We carry on talking and when we aren't I actually miss her? She says she likes me and I've said the same. Bare in mind I'm acting completely normal with Natalie. So things move on with Sandra and now I'm meant to be going to university in September (I repeated a year so am going later) and she's saying she wants to come up and see me and get down to business, but not make it a one time thing like more of a FWB?
This is my dilemma, I want to jump at it because it's sex and God I miss it, I keep arguing with Natalie, but I do love her. Also I would feel like a Class A dick to Sandra's boyfriend because he doesn't even know. Oh yeah also she's really bored and having problems in her relationship too, I have to mention it's not just sexual we confide in each other, I know everything about her and she knows me. I've opened up to her in ways I can't with Natalie.
What do I do reddit, I need help. Also I know you might say just break up? But I can't because things are just going on with Natalie and she's on the cusp of going into depression. I think I just want no strings attached sex? I need some release?
This is my first ever post btw so sorry if it's so long. I know people will call me a dick but I haven't done anything yet! But I can tell I'm Going to feel guilty, and Sandra has admitted she would too, but she has never wanted someone so bad. Her words.
What do I do?
TL:DR In a dead and sexless relationship. Thinking of cheating with someone else also in a relationship to feel less miserable and still get sex.
12 commentssharesavehidegive goldreport

justleavejustleavejustleavejustleave

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I didn't read that post yet but if you describe your relationship as dead...uh...leave. Like, why are you still in it. Maybe it's not that simple in that post but so many of these posters do it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"dead" relationship at 19. whew, there's a winner

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I didn't read that post yet but if you describe your relationship as dead...uh...leave. Like, why are you still in it. Maybe it's not that simple in that post but so many of these posters do it.

Breaking up is hard, and movies only show people doing it for extremely dramatic reasons, so doing it for mundane but totally acceptable reasons is very hard for a lot of people.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Hahhaha I wanna see the comments. I bet they're just as perfect as I'm imagining

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nazzadan posted:

I (19M) in a dead relationship with (19F) thinking of cheating with (23F) but dont know if I can handle the guilt.

justleavejustleavejustleavejustleave
Maybe he should bring up the idea of an open relatiuvghthojgh

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

quote:

she says she's not attracted to me, that I don't take care of myself anymore. And by that she means I don't shave..I tell her I like my beard and she says I look homeless. Brilliant. This leads to more arguements and always in the back of my mind I just keep thinking we should be having sex. I'm not having sex? Why am I not having sex??!

she says that I need to make up for stuff that I've said in arguments that has really hurt her. I have to admit I can be a total dick in arguments and say hurtful things. But I accept that and I take her out for dinner a couple of times, buy her a few things, the witcher 3 for instance which she is now obssessed with.

I freak out finding a girl online like this stuff just happens when the stars align and stuff,

Oh quick thing to add its not just me and her at this time there's a group of my friends and she just comes in etc. We make the jokes who's going to get her first.

Thought I'd post some highlights from that.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 2, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Splicer posted:

Maybe he should bring up the idea of an open relatiuvghthojgh

have! a! kid!

have! a! kid!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Batterypowered7 posted:

Speaking of arranged marriages. One of my coworkers is American of Pakistani descent and he's getting arranged married in July. Dude's twenty-six or so. We live in the East coast, she lives in the West coast, and he just flew out with his mom a few weeks ago to meet her in person for the first time.

He doesn't seem too thrilled about it, but I guess there must have been some arrangement with his parents where he'd get free reign to do what he wanted until he'd reach a certain age.

I have a friend that is of indian descent and was arranged to be married. Essentially she had free reign, and she actually had the choice to marry/not marry the guy, but she said she would give it a try for her parents sake. At first it was good, he was nice etc. Then he started beating her, which for some reason she put up with for a while and hid from us. Then finally she told us and ended it, and a few of us had to nicely explain to him it was time to leave and never contact her again.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Thought I'd post some highlights from that.

I think my brain went into protective mode and glazed over the getting this hot, taken nerd girl first. I bet they're all ugly af

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
she started loving someone else.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Elsa posted:

she started loving someone else.

It's me. She bought the poster a PS4 because she felt guilty about cheating on him with me.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Having a dead relationship at 19 is quite the shocker. Dude has some terrible opinions on life and women though.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A classic case of "talk to your SO, you idiot you loving moron"
My bf [21/M] is getting a little too arrogant and I [20/F] want to teach him a tiny lesson

quote:

My boyfriend has always been part of the 'popular kids' and it's something he values a little too much. He will sometimes tell me "jokingly" that he didn't talk to me when we were younger because I wasn't popular.
I don't mind all that but sometimes he gets a little too cocky and he unknowingly puts me down. I don't take it too personally since that kind of stuff doesn't bother me, but I feel like he thinks he is way out of my league. I never really thought about that but he makes me feel bad sometimes.
For example, one night we went out to a restaurant with some friends and the waiter kept smiling and looking at me and my friends started joking about it. One of my friends said that it was normal because "I was really cute" and my boyfriend replied by asking "Really" in such a surprised tone I was offended.
I don't know how to talk to him about it because I know he will get defensive.
I don't want want to confront him and talk to him about it so much as I wanna show him that he's being a little douchey. I don't know what to do though, please help.
TL;DR: My bf thinks he's big poo poo because he's always been popular and sometimes unknowingly puts me down with his comments, what do I do to get him off his high horse?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So im not reading that many words about two 19 year olds that should not be together and just say they should break up. Someone feel free to call me a culturally insensitive idiot because I missed in all those pointless words they are arranged to marry or else their families will resume their centuries old werewolf versus vampire bloodfeud.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Put a knife to his throat in the middle of the night and say "if you ever talk poo poo about me again I'll gut you like a fish".

I'm a bit of a prankster myself and that one is a classic

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lmao at being out of high school and still talking about "being popular"

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lmao at being out of high school and still talking about "being popular"

Could be in college. A lot of colleges, especially jr. city colleges, are just another highschool. Not defending him, he needs to grow up but the OP clearly needs to just let him know how she feels.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm a bit of a prankster myself and that one is a classic

I'm a dog-hurler myself, never gets old.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nazzadan posted:

A classic case of "talk to your SO, you idiot you loving moron"
My bf [21/M] is getting a little too arrogant and I [20/F] want to teach him a tiny lesson
Suggest an open relationship

e: punch and/or sell his dog

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Splicer posted:

Suggest an open relationship

Just the suggestion that he's not enough would take him down a notch.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Get a dobie-o-matic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Just the suggestion that he's not enough would take him down a notch.

punch his dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cheat on him with this guy

Me [25 F] with my boyfriend [26 M] of 1 year, he calls us an interracial couple and now berates himself because of his skin color

quote:

I am a white American and my boyfriend is from Latin America living in Latin America. I've always been the "gringa" and I do feel like I'm different, but to me it was a question of language and culture, not a question of skin color.
People in Latin America have European ancestors and Native American ancestors and other immigrant ancestors. It's not clear cut between whites and non-whites (in my eyes at least, but locals seem to see a more obvious distinction). I have no idea if my boyfriend looks like he's more one thing or another. To me he just looks like a guy with a tan and black hair.

Anyway, at some point, he said we were an interracial couple, and I had never thought about it, so I just acknowledged it and said it was cool. So far so good.

But then he started calling himself "ugly and brown". He says he's "too brown", he says things like "people must wonder what you're doing with a brown guy like me". He says it like a joke, but it's offensive nonetheless. I answer "You're beautiful and I love the color of your skin it's so beautiful" etc.

When we traveled to my hometown he commented "That's crazy, I'm the only person of color here." and "I look suspicious, the police is going to arrest me". But the worst thing is that he told me "You don't want my dirty brown babies.". That really broke my heart. It sounds like something Hitler would say. I just said "that's not true" because I was too shocked.

I don't say bad things about skin colors and I am careful not to objectify people based on their skin color and to be equally friendly and open towards everybody. My family is the same and they never blinked an eye when they met him or any number of black and brown people dating other members of my family.

I don't understand. It's like he's trying to turn me into a racist with his comments. We're in Latin America. I think he's being racist towards people who are darker than him, and so when he's with me, he's turning the racism towards himself. Does that make any sense? Are these normal things to say in Latin America?