Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Macnult posted:

"caffeine"

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's directly injecting the adderall version of krokodil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's directly injecting the adderall version of krokodil
As long as it wins you maj-

Hmm

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I knew I shoulda bought the hundred count crown stickers off that guy a couple years ago. God damnit.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Whens the last time an m249 has been unironically bought in a pro game

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

drunken officeparty posted:

Whens the last time an m249 has been unironically bought in a pro game

Never, because they buy a Negev instead. Also, it's usually ironically.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Excited for tomorrow :)

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
What are some good smokes to learn for mirage b site on the t side

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

yolandi posted:

What are some good smokes to learn for mirage b site on the t side

I like this one, it blocks off short, so if anyone plays mid from there, they will be a non-factor for a moment. You still need to worry about Edward, though.

This one is nice if you're getting picked off by some idiot shitter with an AWP in kitchen.

This one is good if you're just rushing, if you take the guy on car out real quick, then anyone playing bench won't have time to jump over the smoke and shoot you.

These two should be thrown in conjunction, so they increase in value if you have a friend to throw the other one, and in any case are fairly hard to line up. But if you can do it, they're quite a nice little setup to wall off short.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there like, official Counter Strike lore or something because I want to know why I'm trying to blow up random boxes and water fountains. What's my characters motivation.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Is there like, official Counter Strike lore or something because I want to know why I'm trying to blow up random boxes and water fountains. What's my characters motivation.

Well. There's normally little snippets of lore called operations but there hasn't been one in a year. I'm also not entirely sure you can go back and read the stuff either now that i think about it.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

You're either a terrorist, trying to blow up locations to spread terror, or you are a counter-terrorist, attempting to stop things from being blown up.

Or with hostage maps, trying to keep hostages in order to get your demands fulfilled, or trying to rescue the hostages, respectively.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stop posting you unfunny moron.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Your character is motivated by esports

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Optic with the dumbest play I've ever seen

stump collector
May 28, 2007
good g0d immortals just destroyed astralis on cache's first half. so many high risk pushes, seemed to pay off every time

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

There used to be, back in 1.6. Also snippets of it appear on the CSGO blog.

For the Active Duty maps, these are, I believe:

- Cache: it's literally Chernobyl and you're blowing up stacks of crates in a nuclear waste storage site. What's there to add?
- Cobblestone: cultural vandalism with explosives is most definitely terrorism.
- Inferno: IIRC the 1.6 version had a blurb that there is a gas pipeline running under the map and the two bombsites are where it can be easily penetrated.
- Mirage: no idea here, but the stacks of boxes filled with munitions on both bombsites seem self-explanatory.
- Nuke: self-explanatory as all hell
- Overpass: there is a stopped convoy with IIRC fat stacks of bank cash and you are either trying to blow it up or to blow up the support of an overpass it is crossing.
- Train: the huge radiation warning signs on bomb trains should clue you in.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
I would say it's good fnatic came so close v Astralis but the fact that immortals did too makes it seem like maybe Astralis is just a bit off. Tho there were some amazing plays from fnatic.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Go play CS:CZ Deleted Scenes to get whatever lore you are looking for.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

I would say it's good fnatic came so close v Astralis but the fact that immortals did too makes it seem like maybe Astralis is just a bit off. Tho there were some amazing plays from fnatic.

I wouldn't underestimate Immortals though. I'm personally hoping they bring it to Fnatic and knock em out

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Double posting because hahahahaha get hosed fnatic

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
fnatic chokes up a 13-3 lead to fail out of the tournament. :laffo:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

hahahahaha get hosed fnatic

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

what was that dumb plant lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

hahahahaha get hosed fnatic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Is this with the restored roster?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Is this with the restored roster?

Yep.

Even the players kicked from SK are better then fnatic :hehe:

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Thank you!

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
finally got a pansy cast!

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Really hoping North wins enough to go playoffs

spootime
Oct 31, 2010
North looking very strong so far this event. Group B is really just some crazy poo poo so far man.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Danish CS so loving strong! Get out the way sucker countries.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Yo let me just forget to buy with 6.5k here
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueAmusedOilPhilosoraptor

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Well don't leave me hanging, did he die

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Had some twitch tard griefing when we were 0 8 and we eventually just kicked them. Then we stepped our poo poo up and went 15-13.

I love this loving game!!!

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 2, 2017

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Immortals doing really well! Also weirdly into frosted tips

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FNX is really good, just gotta keep him away from your girlfriends

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pinning my Brazilian hopes on Immortals :pray:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
immortals boys

fnx boys

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Gonna be funny as hell if FaZe lose this map because they just rushed down mid pug style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Heroic really is showing up on Astralis's pick so far

E: but Astralis is Astralis

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 4, 2017