Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I was pretty positive I was starting as EA juggernaut, but then I was thinking about xoph's blood and how it might be worth using over EE. Then that led me to think that if I'm not using EE anyways then chieftain might be the better way to go. I may go juggernaut anyways just for unstoppable but I'm not sure that convenience offsets the hassle of having to juggle EE. What do those that have actually played EA before think? Assume I'm not going pathfinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

ButtWolf posted:

Infenral Blow then? Im gonna have a warchief totem as well for extra deeps.

Infernal blow is solid for pack clearing if you have some increased aoe, though it is an actual melee namelock style skill even moreso than molten strike (which can at least spray the orbs from shift-attack). I don't personally find that a complete turnoff but it is a huge detriment for endgame bosses because that type of skill is the antithesis of the mobility you generally want for avoiding 1 shots.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don't make your weapon your 4 link because you should always be upgrading it with vendor recipes

Unless you are doing +1 spell damage mace or wand I guess

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MMF Freeway posted:

I was pretty positive I was starting as EA juggernaut, but then I was thinking about xoph's blood and how it might be worth using over EE. Then that led me to think that if I'm not using EE anyways then chieftain might be the better way to go. I may go juggernaut anyways just for unstoppable but I'm not sure that convenience offsets the hassle of having to juggle EE. What do those that have actually played EA before think? Assume I'm not going pathfinder.
As TheRat posted earlier with a dev post, EE off an explosion will trigger before other explosions go off, so it is best ought to be avoided now in favour of something else, say Veteran Bowyer for Pathfinder.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

God drat Dam God posted:

The only crafting I'd bother with before A3M is flasks. Having a bleed/frozen remove is gonna save you so many times.

I watched some speed leveling guides (even if it's not fully compatible with my league-starter build unless I want to use like 30 Regrets) and crafting +1 gem level wand/scepter at some point in A1N seems pretty drat good for any spellcaster builds

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

I watched some speed leveling guides (even if it's not fully compatible with my league-starter build unless I want to use like 30 Regrets) and crafting +1 gem level wand/scepter at some point in A1N seems pretty drat good for any spellcaster builds
Does this 30 regret number factor in 24 skill point reset you get from quests?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Probably

I mean it's Guardian WI with about 65 generic +10 stat nodes and literally 0 Life or ES nodes on the tree so

E: Well actually counting it's only 55 generic stat nodes but all the clusters are on like diametrically opposing parts of the tree too so I'd need regrets to fill out most of those too.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 2, 2017

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah, it's going to be the first thing I do as soon as I have the alts. Of course, I'm actually going with an ED/Contagion build, so the +1 skill will only last me until I switch, but it's going to be a big boost in the early game.

Speaking of, what early weapons are the best for a ED/Contagion build? +spell damage?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Quick question regarding guilds:

For the Goon Guild, do I need to wait until the League starts and get an invite on my new League character specifically, or are guilds account-wide? I can't find any information about it on the PoE Wiki and didn't want to bug anyone with a Standard character if I'm a day early.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Get invited now on who ever and all of your characters will be in the guild

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

euphronius posted:

Get invited now on who ever and all of your characters will be in the guild

Cool, thanks!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
can I get an invite too? My guild of friends is gonna be dead this season cause everyone's waiting for 3.0 and I'm lonely. Playing the HC Legacy league

account: FGL

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I need character names to invite

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Would love an invite as well since we're doing these.

Character: DirtyOldFart

Will be doing either KotF or Pizza Sticks in the new league. Still deciding between the two.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

Buttman

and my two friends

ButtAvenger
and
GassyFartz

thanks in advance

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

TheRat posted:

oops

ign: bergyzerker

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
side note: GGG could have a $50 MTX that doesn't do anything but mute everyone else's MTX and I'd gladly buy it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is pizza sticks life or ci or mom eb

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I sent a PM to skyl3lazer but if someone is adding people now my IG name for now is Aeronnar

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

any

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Buttman

and my two friends

ButtAvenger
and
GassyFartz

thanks in advance

Are your friends on sa? Also, I accidentally sent you a friend request on top of a guild invite.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Absolutely no idea what I'm going to start with tomorrow. Still 9? new uniques to be spoiled as well as 6 new threshold jewels which could completely upend my plans. I usually try to design 1 or so characters per class, so far im looking at:

zombie necromancer w/ montreguls. I make a necromancer every league then get sick of it around level 45, this time will im sure be no different!

slayer cyclone (loved it last league) might try to the updated edge of madness

groundslam juggernaught utilizing tidebreaker

EK nova assassin (this might be my starter)

burning arrow deadeye. that new jewel is juicy. or I might go ice shot. who knows.

haven't come up with something yet for templar, still theorycrafting, I don't have as much experience with hybrid or LL builds.

Also want to do something with brutus lead sprinkler, maybe dual wield molten strike with the new jewel? no idea!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Buttman

and my two friends

ButtAvenger
and
GassyFartz

thanks in advance

FYI and for anyone else- sponsoring people is fine, but if they go, you go too.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Any room in guild? Character name: ARiskyWitch

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Anything that can reach the top of the tree can pick any mix of life+ES that you want, it's just a question of respecs and gear.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

implying that the guild ever gets moderated :lol: good one blazer

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Can I also grab an invite please?

IGN: Herewerd

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Majumbo posted:

Can I also grab an invite please?

IGN: Herewerd

Valle posted:

Any room in guild? Character name: ARiskyWitch

Aerox posted:

I sent a PM to skyl3lazer but if someone is adding people now my IG name for now is Aeronnar

Books On Tape posted:

Would love an invite as well since we're doing these.

Character: DirtyOldFart

Will be doing either KotF or Pizza Sticks in the new league. Still deciding between the two.

yum posted:

oops

ign: bergyzerker

Done

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Shiiiiiiit, less than a day to go, get hype

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

panda clue posted:

implying that the guild ever gets moderated :lol: good one blazer

Well, he did threaten to kick you until you begged him for a second chance :allears:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheRat posted:

Well, he did threaten to kick you until you begged him for a second chance :allears:

Not quite, I kicked him and he begged to get back in.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

Not quite, I kicked him and he begged to get back in.
:eyepop:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

well yea I wanted to be able to steal a headhunter from the guild before I left on my own :smugdog:

i see the thread has come full circle once again, just in time for legacy league.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

panda clue posted:

well yea I wanted to be able to steal a headhunter from the guild before I left on my own :smugdog:

i see the thread has come full circle once again, just in time for legacy league.

You called a dude a friend of the family because he didn't want to watch your build guide video.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

You called a dude a friend of the family because he didn't want to watch your build guide video.

...NOW it has come full circle. World is harsh. I know.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 2, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

I love seeing how the lies evolve and change over the years, like little children playing telephone with eachother.

And we were getting along so well in WoW, Blazer!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Might as well see about getting reinvited before the Friday rush too. Character: Essencials.

E: thanks!

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 2, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah I have no idea who any of those people are

panda clue
May 23, 2014

MannersPlease posted:

NOW it has come full circle. World is harsh. I know.

is there a facebook fanclub group I can join where you keep all the Panda Clue Pictures from all across the years? Can you send me an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

panda clue posted:

I love seeing how the lies evolve and change over the years

:allears:

• Locked thread