Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

TyrantWD posted:

If he recuses himself, it will be similar to his statement this morning where it is conditional: "If during the course of the investigation it becomes clear that I need to recuse myself, I will".

that's the key, he's gonna go "it's now become clear that the mean ol' media won't leave us alone unless I recuse myself so i'll do it to shut up the failing new York times' key political reporter ed balls"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kurtofan posted:

i'm pretty sure the offense is spreading terrorist propaganda.

I'm still thinking it's kind of a bullshit thing to put somebody in jail for.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
draining the swamp sure is dramatic

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

paranoid randroid posted:

it owns that the administration has no plan to react to anything and what anyone in it says from moment to moment is completely meaningless

It turns out when you have no staff you have no bandwidth to craft long term strategy.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Sessions will announce that the Democratic party is now illegal

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

it owns that the administration has no plan to react to anything and what anyone in it says from moment to moment is completely meaningless

they're so lucky that dam in california didnt burst. they're tripping over their dicks constantly with fires they keep setting themselves.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

If he recuses himself, it will be similar to his statement this morning where it is conditional: "If during the course of the investigation it becomes clear that I need to recuse myself, I will".

Changed my mind. Agreeing with this.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

sessions will...

recuse himself: 10%
resign: 5%
double down: 25%
writhe and screech and then vomit up an intact and pristine ostrich egg: 60%

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well yeah. comey went to bad for trump and helped nail the last few nails in her coffin and kept his job for ignoring the russia poo poo. if trump/sessions/etc go down. comey will as well.

the best part to me is that no one knows how many people in what roles are entangled in russian tentacles so the choices are broadly: grind thru rico style and destroy the gop, all faith in the us govt, or both; whack a mole each thing as it pops up and have this hovering over you politically and undermining american civic society for god knows how long; or try to sweep it under the rug and maybe take the least political damage but do nothing to even mitigate the infiltration of us govt by hostile foreign govt

its a big clear decision between doing whats probably best for country vs whats probably best for the republican party, with the option to be panic and flail around in the middle

its such a :krad: test to see exactly what these republicans truly value

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
NPR and BBC Radio were both leading their sessions articles with "under scrutiny for his communications with Russian ambassador."

Wtf?! No he's under scrutiny for LYING UNDER OATH TO THE SENATE about those contacts. Why is every news source pussy-footing around the word PERJURY?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Kurtofan posted:

tied for number one

Lindsey Graham is a really good-looking man, especially his eyelashes and eyes in general, no homo.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lmao he must have I'm hell of a plan since literally anything he does here will hit him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

trump just hasn't gotten the resonance chamber set up to manipulate the shifting tides within

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

alright i'm out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol today is funny

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

It turns out when you have no staff you have no bandwidth to craft long term strategy.

yeah thats why gandalf never let them take his away, these goobers are v bad at wizarding

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

prefect posted:

I'm still thinking it's kind of a bullshit thing to put somebody in jail for.

On the other hand: gently caress fascists.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lmao

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

NPR and BBC Radio were both leading their sessions articles with "under scrutiny for his communications with Russian ambassador."

Wtf?! No he's under scrutiny for LYING UNDER OATH TO THE SENATE about those contacts. Why is every news source pussy-footing around the word PERJURY?

doesn't outright accusing him of a criminal act open you up to actual non-bullshit libel charges if he gets exonerated?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 380 days!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Lindsey Graham is a really good-looking man, especially his eyelashes and eyes in general, no homo.
Agreed. That's what makes it so strange that he has been unable to find a wife or girlfriend

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Would be even funnier if he doubles down, then the transcript of his convo with Russian ambassador is immediately leaked

e: lol dril

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

!!!!!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Tainen posted:

Sessions will announce a warrant has been issued for Hillary Clinton's arrest.

Beautiful.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 380 days!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

NPR has made it pretty clear they'll handle the trump admin with kid gloves right to the point where he defunds them entirely

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

if they say stuff like that the gop will sever their funding like now instead of in a few weeks

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he looks like a happy version of my rain frog.

haha

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

:vince:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

My personal odds from the press conference:

Resignation: 0%
Recuses himself: 5%
Full-throated double-down defense: 70%
Launches criminal investigation of those harassing him: 25%

Same

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:trumppop:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's almost like those two sources in particular are extremely, extremely bad about covering US politics

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Coolguye posted:

people with 'biting' humor don't do well when they don't have someone to bite. trump is dumb and easy to bite. chapelle is the upside though, the down side is that michael moore is guaranteed to show back up again too if trump survives the first 18 months in office, and i've seen enough of his fat whiny rear end to last me the rest of my life already

I saw Michael Moore on some msnbc special and he was actually like a real genuine human being it was hosed up. First time he's come across sympathetic even a little bit

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

come on, this can't be the actual guy's actual Twitter account, it just can't :shepface:

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/714602927306854400

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Agean90 posted:

lmao he must have I'm hell of a plan since literally anything he does here will hit him

jeff sessions: "please look away if this will offend you. snoisses drageruaeb nosreffej"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
JBS III gonna double down today, resign next week. And nah I ain't gonna toxx that's valuable booze money

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:prepop:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

To avoid libel cases if he has in fact not committed perjury hth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agean90 posted:

no one has any plan and probably Jeff Sessions is the only person who knows what hes going to say at this conference hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

SpaceGoku posted:

jeff sessions: "please look away if this will offend you. snoisses drageruaeb nosreffej"

i get this joke and also i like it

• Locked thread