Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Just because people may not have the cognitive ability to understand money doesnt mean they shouldn't be fairly paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

hakimashou posted:

What's wrong with red trousers?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Directed by Lembit Opik no doubt.

ronya posted:

money is unhappy:

Not too surprising considering the Labour party is now mainly funded through its mass membership as opposed to begging donations from rich people.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Namtab posted:

Just because people may not have the cognitive ability to understand money doesnt mean they shouldn't be fairly paid.

Some might even say that makes the need for legal guarantees even stronger :eek:

Reminds me of this a bit
http://www.theonion.com/article/developmentally-disabled-burger-king-employee-only-462

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Intriguing.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Edit: Never mind, it's from loving ages ago.

Uhhh... So how you all doing then?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wow. That hurts.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Edit: Never mind, it's from loving ages ago.

Uhhh... So how you all doing then?

Bad. How are you?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Bad. How are you?

A parcel got signed for by my neighbour and they're shouting through the door that they aren't going to open up, so, confused.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A parcel got signed for by my neighbour and they're shouting through the door that they aren't going to open up, so, confused.

Pretend to be someone delivering another package to yourself but you're out so you'd like to leave it with them. That'll get them to open up.

Alternate comedy answer: Sorry, they're taking your drugs and watching your copy of Frozen and you'll never get either back.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Set fire to the building, you obviously can't or won't negotiate with these people.

For gently caress's sake, you're posting in UKMT.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I still find it a bit hard to adapt to the absurdly high levels of trust associated with deliveries here in the UK. Leaving stuff with the building manager is fine, but completely random neighbours? That just seems weird on so many levels.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's absolutely awesome that I can order something and usually find it next to my flat door because the building manager received it and put it there and no one stole it, it's like a miracle. I'm still not ordering anything worth over £100 because let's not tempt fate.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Mail theft is a crime

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pochoclo posted:

I still find it a bit hard to adapt to the absurdly high levels of trust associated with deliveries here in the UK. Leaving stuff with the building manager is fine, but completely random neighbours? That just seems weird on so many levels.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's absolutely awesome that I can order something and usually find it next to my flat door because the building manager received it and put it there and no one stole it, it's like a miracle. I'm still not ordering anything worth over £100 because let's not tempt fate.

It is annoying and weird and you should be able to specify just to leave it at the sorting office.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There was briefly some guy shouting through the letterbox just now and the lights are all off.

First time I've had something delivered to my house rather than work. Never again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There was briefly some guy shouting through the letterbox just now and the lights are all off.

First time I've had something delivered to my house rather than work. Never again.

If your work has a manned reception I would recommend getting stuff delivered there if you can, receptions are great.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening with that house, but during the day things seem pretty normal and friendly and regular, then when the sun goes down everything just gets weird as described, so I think I'll put a pin in this until tomorrow.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
maybe they're werewolves

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening with that house, but during the day things seem pretty normal and friendly and regular, then when the sun goes down everything just gets weird as described, so I think I'll put a pin in this until tomorrow.

One of the household members might work during the day and might be an abusive alcoholic, but then again I'm 100% pulling this out of my rear end.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That was my assumption also but then I've been having those new child abuse ads pop up all over the place.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I like Amazon lockers.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Bad news, educated friends. According to the Adam Smith Institute, universities are worryingly lacking ideological heterogeneity, as too many lecturers are left-wing. This means they agree on everything and to prevent dangerous groupthink universities need to introduce ideological hiring policies to ensure more right-wing views are heard on campuses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/03/02/eight-ten-british-university-lecturers-left-wing-survey-finds/

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

big scary monsters posted:

Bad news, educated friends. According to the Adam Smith Institute, universities are worryingly lacking ideological heterogeneity, as too many lecturers are left-wing
True. But right wingers who end up in academia are not even positive examples of right wingers.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

jBrereton posted:

True. But right wingers who end up in academia are not even positive examples of right wingers.

I'd be interested to hear more if you'd care to elaborate.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

jBrereton posted:

what are positive right wingers like?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

and i must meme posted:

Hitler on 30th April 1945 is my kind of right winger, and a positive role model for his followers.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/837406012692889600

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

big scary monsters posted:

Bad news, educated friends. According to the Adam Smith Institute, universities are worryingly lacking ideological heterogeneity, as too many lecturers are left-wing. This means they agree on everything and to prevent dangerous groupthink universities need to introduce ideological hiring policies to ensure more right-wing views are heard on campuses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/03/02/eight-ten-british-university-lecturers-left-wing-survey-finds/

the right wing are objectively wrong about everything they believe, of course we don't want them in loving universiites. They ruin the whole point of the endevour.

Oberleutnant posted:

Hitler on 30th April 1945 is my kind of right winger, and a positive role model for his followers.

my entirely-too-liberal ex was really upset at all the pensioner protestors chanting "follow your leader" during the margate rally

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want to hang out at that care home.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Turnout for what?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Norther Ireland, I think. People were talking about it earlier.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

OwlFancier posted:

Norther Ireland, I think. People were talking about it earlier.

I just want to say big big thanks to whoever called the election forced by Cash for Ash to be the day after Ash Wednesday

If I was a political cartoonist I'd think it was christmas

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So is NI just having basically a snap general cos the government collapsed? I gathered stuff was a bit dire but I guess I missed the bit where it actually went tits up.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

So is NI just having basically a snap general cos the government collapsed? I gathered stuff was a bit dire but I guess I missed the bit where it actually went tits up.
Yes and it is testament to how well this has been covered by the mainland BBC that the response has been "whu?" or "eh?" by the British posters here lol

McGuinness who was ailing as gently caress at the time brought down (technically him and) Foster's administration because she refused to stand aside for an inquiry into the RHI scandal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I get literally all my news from this thread so I wouldn't notice if the BBC were playing it 24/7 tbh.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

OwlFancier posted:

If your work has a manned reception I would recommend getting stuff delivered there if you can, receptions are great.

But now that everyone is doing that it's contributi greatly to congestion on the city roads.
Better to use an amazon locker out where you live.

Unless you live as central as your office, in which case it'll make no difference

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I get literally all my news from this thread so I wouldn't notice if the BBC were playing it 24/7 tbh.
OK well here is another link to the leaders' debate that I posted on page 1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08h1jqj/northern-ireland-elections-2017-the-leaders-debate

Highlights include a guy about to be lynched for bringing up FLEGS and an increasingly belligerent host as times goes on.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

and i must meme posted:

Successful people who aren't stuck in academia with :argh: leeching students :argh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Meth.

OwlFancier posted:

It is annoying and weird and you should be able to specify just to leave it at the sorting office.
You can have it left at the local Co-Op or Argos with some services.

OwlFancier posted:

I invariably play a pretty good character in every RPG but I like ones that give you the option to be a dickhead because a game that railroads you to being nice doesn't really connect as well as games where you elect to be nice. That's sort of an aspect of the medium, that the player has agency, and what separates it from a linear narrative and facilitates its ability to communicate with the player.
Different thread, but it's more relevant to UKMT than Youtube. There's an anti-radicalization CYOA where no matter what you do your character becomes more and more fash before eventually getting involved with sufficiently celtic terrorists. that I saw a few days ago, I think it's part of Saatchi's anti far right campaign. I can't find it anywhere now though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Mail theft is a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

^^^^^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

As well as the many plausible reasons offered I'd also suggest that they're fearful of bailiffs coming around. Communication through the letterbox is the only safe means of speaking to bailiffs.

Guavanaut posted:

Different thread, but it's more relevant to UKMT than Youtube. There's an anti-radicalization CYOA where no matter what you do your character becomes more and more fash before eventually getting involved with sufficiently celtic terrorists. that I saw a few days ago, I think it's part of Saatchi's anti far right campaign. I can't find it anywhere now though.

How the gently caress does that work? Sounds about as effective as insisting that weed is a gateway drug to injecting heroin into your balls.

• Locked thread