Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The evidence is in this hat. No you can't look inside the hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

sincx posted:

Lol if you are illiterate and can't read yourself, then there's no point talking to you.

:ironicat:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
which one of you is this

fess up

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fog Tripper posted:

Perhaps if you were actually reading the thread and not just cherry picking it, you would have seen that I posted that whole thing earlier TWICE.

I was reading Moridin as talking about the meeting at the Republican Convention, while I was clearly talking about the September meeting. Talking about the Convention meeting is pretty irrelevant unless you're arguing against some strawman version of my posts where Sessions was getting secret orders from the Kremlin or something, but that doesn't really have much to do with Session's basic trustworthiness.

Moridin920 posted:

What if that separate official meeting wasn't about the 2016 election? Then it would not be perjury. Right?

No, but it would be a misleading statement (especially given that a connected official mentioned that "superficial comments" about election-related news were common in such meetings even if they weren't the focus). He had multiple opportunities to disclose the actual facts of the matter (which again shouldn't have have presented real difficulties for him if he's telling the truth now) and consistently opted to elide any mention of the encounters, at least one of which was significant and in-depth. Again, it's not about these meetings being a cover for coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russians, it's about basic trustworthiness.

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 2, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He is kind of being aggressively douchey about not giving a direct answer lol that's fair enough.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sincx posted:

No one else met with Russia. It wasn't part of the job, unless the job is "how to get Trump elected with the help of a hostile foreign power."

https://twitter.com/adamentous/status/837390959193309186

except they did. McCaskill, one of those members who denied any contact and got on twitter to say the same and denounce Sessions, actually met with him 3 times

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Frijolero posted:

So proof? Can you please share the proof so we can start indicting people?
Indicting the Russians? Who do you think is going to be doing that?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/06/us/politics/document-russia-hacking-report-intelligence-agencies.html

Kjoery posted:

i mean, trump himself lied about being in contact with russia and putin. a bunch of times, im pretty sure.

so theres that too
Yeah, but I thought it went without saying that Trump is a pathological liar.

Fog Tripper posted:

Pleasantries and being social at government functions is horrid to you. My god the thought of it just puts you into an uncomfortable state.
Truly weird poo poo.
Huh? What government function? I was never at a government function, who said that? I've never been social, I've never been pleasant. I've never been uncomfortable.

What do you mean I'm acting shady?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Knight posted:

Huh? What government function? I was never at a government function, who said that? I've never been social, I've never been pleasant. I've never been uncomfortable.

What do you mean I'm acting shady?

There there, we all die someday and our personal suffering and anguish will end all too soon. :(

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're a tech worker then. You're in the global empire camp. You don't care because illegal immigrants don't threaten your livelyhood or have a negative impact on your economic situation, in fact, they improve it by decreasing overall American wages.

Trump's cracking down on those H1b1 visas or whatever they are, meaning you're kind of in the same camp as illegals

No, you loving idiot. h1b visa holders are nonimmigrant workers. I'm actually an immigrant.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

which one of you is this

fess up

Don't doxx and kink shame me pls.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Russians leaking information to directly influence the dumb American electorate is false, now watch my 500 part youtube series on why Pizza places actually sell children.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Knight posted:

Yeah, but I thought it went without saying that Trump is a pathological liar.
what no, this is hellthread where 25% of the posters have broken brains from overexposure to the frog echo chambers

from the perspective of this thread overall the trump admin is reasonable and reasonable doubt should be applied rather than extreme skepticism

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Russians leaking information to directly influence the dumb American electorate is false, now watch my 500 part youtube series on why Pizza places actually sell children.

Do you know about the franklin coverup? Its either drugs or kids and i hope its drugs

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

He is kind of being aggressively douchey about not giving a direct answer lol that's fair enough.

Also note that (in relation to his response to Franken), he should have been able to anticipate that line of questioning and ought to have been well-prepared to answer it, and after the meeting his congressional staff would have an opportunity to review his statements for material errors and omissions (and doing so is standard practice). Not having his staff issue a clarification about a(n apparently) scheduled meeting with a Russian ambassador is weird, especially for a long-serving senator with seasoned staff who would have been well aware that this was a potentially sticky area.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/837413733693550592

HAHAHAHA

I didn't do a thing wait I actually did poo poo I'm out

Not even Fox can spin this.

edit: Actually the spin's coming. It will be along these lines:

shiksa posted:

Handled it perfectly...... This was a big ole nothingburger. Sessions was even considering recusing himself from campaign investigations before this news broke anyways.
Dems and the media are simply pissing off the moderates with this nonsense.... They really want 8 years of Trump.

sincx fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 2, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

what no, this is hellthread where 25% of the posters have broken brains from overexposure to the frog echo chambers

from the perspective of this thread overall the trump admin is reasonable and reasonable doubt should be applied rather than extreme skepticism

Nope, still not a thing.

Do you not see how pathetic this is?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

sincx posted:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/837413733693550592

HAHAHAHA

I didn't do a thing wait I actually did poo poo I'm out

Not even Fox can spin this.
lol at the clip & also lol that you think this is immune to spin

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Nothing is immune to media spin. We are dealing with the whirling dervishes of politics.

Both democrats and republicans.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Maya Fey posted:

The evidence is in this hat. No you can't look inside the hat.
We don't have access to first-hand sources of classified information held by top intelligence agencies. I understand why that will leave doubt and I can't ask you to believe it without any reservation, but I can say that it's an unwieldy standard to decide such information should be dismissed out of hand. No one on this forum can provide me direct proof showing Russia was responsible for the bombing of a UN convoy, but that doesn't mean I should take the Kremlin's word when they deny it, or claim the intelligence community conspired to fabricate it based on nothing.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Maybe we could come up with some sort of signal for people that are Russian. Something like maybe *** at the beginning and end of their names. We really need to keep an eye on the Russians, they are everywhere. ***Putin***

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I took philosophy courses and I learned both of these

Man, dude homie, fam, like, gently caress I think there mang homie, dude

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kjoery posted:

The Trump supporters here are literally just parrots reciting the Fox/Breitbart/pol party line: "give him a chance" "everyone should support the president" "FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS" "where's the evidence" "all the evidence is fake" "the president 'will not be questioned'".

If you think of them as broken records, dealing with their posts becomes a lot easier. You can just re-use the same responses because they can only use lines they've been fed by right wing media, so they run out of content quickly.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

[url/]https://twitter.com/AP/status/837358714529136642[/url]

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 2, 2017

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

BREAKING NEWS: REPUBLICAN SAYS REPUBLICANS GOOD

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

sincx posted:

The Trump supporters here are literally just parrots reciting the Fox/Breitbart/pol party line: "give him a chance" "everyone should support the president" "FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS" "where's the evidence" "all the evidence is fake" "the president 'will not be questioned'".

If you think of them as broken records, dealing with their posts becomes a lot easier. You can just re-use the same responses because they can only use lines they've been fed by right wing media, so they run out of content quickly.

*does not read the actual posts in the thread*

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

sincx posted:

dont forget all the variations of "this is why trump won". those are good too

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

sincx posted:

BUT BENGHAZI AND HER EMAILS

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Kjoery posted:

dont forget all the variations of "this is why trump won". those are good too

The hysteria isn't a good look, though

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Too many people watched John Wick

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

sincx posted:

Yes everyone who disagrees with you is automatically a Trump supporter who gets breitbart text alerts and posts in /POL.
Grow up.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
What's the point in not playing politics here? Trump's not going to reach out and do anything for the left, so why even bother placating him or his right-wing buddies? There's no advantage in it, might as well fight hard from the current weakened position and get ready for the next time.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I dont think there are a lot of people here who truly support Trump. Most either have frothing at the mouth hatred towards him or are on the fence. The former lumps in the latter with the tea party.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I can only speak for myself. A fiscal conservative who does not like Trump, did not vote for him, but think the liberals and their ilk are the lowest form of people in government. I also think all drugs should be legal, regulated and taxed. But hey, it is fine that some fools in here lump me with the so called "alt-right nazi party"

Panzeh posted:

What's the point in not playing politics here? Trump's not going to reach out and do anything for the left, so why even bother placating him or his right-wing buddies? There's no advantage in it, might as well fight hard from the current weakened position and get ready for the next time.

Maybe because US citizens might benefit if people didn't treat it like a team sport?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 2, 2017

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Fog Tripper posted:

Maybe because US citizens might benefit if people didn't treat it like a team sport?

Hahahaha you loving rube

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

i just like arguing bc i am a gently caress man

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

SBJ posted:

I dont think there are a lot of people here who truly support Trump. Most either have frothing at the mouth hatred towards him or are on the fence. The former lumps in the latter with the tea party.
what is there to be on the fence about regarding the administration specifically?

trump was a pathological liar during his campaign, and their administration has been spreading falsehoods about petty stuff like inaug numbers, to serious things like fabricating incidents, attacking the free press, and weirdly lying about sweden

he came out of the gate with an illegal EO, and then immediately criticized the courts when they struck it down for being obviously illegal

by any reasonable means, one should be questioning and heavily scrutinizing every action the administration takes at this point

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

its extremely entertaining to see the right wing bringing this one out after the last 8 years

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kjoery posted:

what is there to be on the fence about regarding the administration specifically?

trump was a pathological liar during his campaign, and their administration has been spreading falsehoods about petty stuff like inaug numbers, to serious things like fabricating incidents, attacking the free press, and weirdly lying about sweden

he came out of the gate with an illegal EO, and then immediately criticized the courts when they struck it down for being obviously illegal

by any reasonable means, one should be questioning and heavily scrutinizing every action the administration takes at this point

Unless one hates poor and brown/black people, in which case what Trump is doing is right up that person's alley. Of course, they can't admit that in public (at least not on Something Awful), so they come up with all sorts of excuses, deflections, denials, etc.

Sound familiar?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Fog Tripper posted:

How will US citizens benefit from totally unquestioned Republican dominance? They play politics, too, so if you go out there trying not to, you just get owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
oh yeah, and he put the previous EIC of breitbart in one of the highest positions the security council, which definitely isnt suspicious or weird

• Locked thread