Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

SpaceGoku posted:

this admin is the crisis

dang!

Nice

Ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Russian twitter account spotted for sure

This is a hymn commonly sung at funeral services and was written after traumatic events in the author's life. Just for clarity.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Internet Webguy posted:

i'm wary that an obama appointed prosecutor would just drop the case because we all need to start looking forward, not backwards

twirling twirling twirling etc

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
appoint...

harry reid :getin:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/837391123446398976

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaAqe5nMAuA

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So let me get this straight Sessions recused himself from the investigating Trump over Russian hacking of the election.

The only reason people recuse themselves is if they have an apparent conflict of interest.

So Jeff Sessions has a conflict of interest over investigating Russian interference in our election.

If an AG has a conflict of interest like that he shouldn't recuse. He needs to resign and possibly get investigated himself.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
1900 posts since I went to sleep 🤔

This is the future liberals want

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Trast posted:

My heart wants them to appoint someone who will be tough and righteous. My gut says they'll completely gently caress this up like everything else since the election.

The primordial, lizard-like section of my brain that craves chaos hopes they appoint Obama.

:agreed:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/randlechris/status/837433028980912129

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also who's leaking proprietary thread content to twitter

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

William Bear posted:

Also, I just remembered the President of the United States still has this tweet up about the man who is now his Secretary of HUD.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/662632599962173440

I loved Donny's reactions to Ben Carson's flagrant, batshit lies because it was like he had to deal with himself for two weeks. It was hilarious.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Scent of Worf posted:

1900 posts since I went to sleep 🤔

This is the future liberals want

oh poo poo that's the one thinking face meme i thought it was just someone having a stroke

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Trast posted:

My heart wants them to appoint someone who will be tough and righteous. My gut says they'll completely gently caress this up like everything else since the election.

The primordial, lizard-like section of my brain that craves chaos hopes they appoint Obama.

Obama would be a bad choice because it would be tainted with a political witch hunt and allow Trump to wriggle his way out of it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Venuz Patrol posted:

im not completely disagreeing with you because i dont want heat from democrat thread posters, but it's a lot harder to run a competent campaign when every correspondence you've made in the last fifteen years is public knowledge. thats how nixon won term 2 mate

Trump managed to do it, and he's basically been a joke since the at least the 80s.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

shiksa posted:

appoint...

harry reid :getin:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/837434357929345024

I forgot about the CSPAN camera

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

also who's leaking proprietary thread content to twitter

Ok everyone give me all your passwords

*puts it in a google doc, makes it public*

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

TwoStepBoog posted:

with that sessions press conference i almost forgot Rand Paul carrying a copier around congress looking for the new healthcare bill
lol today

In this crazy timeline, there is a non-zero chance that Rand Paul was the printer goon.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Vladimir Putin posted:

So let me get this straight Sessions recused himself from the investigating Trump over Russian hacking of the election.

The only reason people recuse themselves is if they have an apparent conflict of interest.

So Jeff Sessions has a conflict of interest over investigating Russian interference in our election.

If an AG has a conflict of interest like that he shouldn't recuse. He needs to resign and possibly get investigated himself.

Well, he claims it's because he was, himself, part of the Trump campaign and wants to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
My money's on Boente appointing a GOP sympathizer as a goodwill gesture in order to build up political capital for these trying times.

Basically:

Epic High Five posted:

Obama appointee: "uhhhh, Comey can do it"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/837438506846695424

how many times have we heard this

how many people have listened

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Congrats LA, you played yourself.

p.s. great song

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

William Bear posted:

Well, he claims it's because he was, himself, part of the Trump campaign and wants to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

If that was his worry then he should have recused himself from the beginning.

If the appearance of impropriety is over Russian contacts in hacking the election there's no way you should be AG.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

President Trump needs to lock up every single motherfucker in the CIA and NSA right loving now.

They're literally trying to topple our country.

Hang every single one of those treasonous motherfuckers

From The_D

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

SXSW may refer international artists to immigration for playing unofficial shows

https://twitter.com/Felixixix666/status/837386706512986112

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

MizPiz posted:

Kind of, but the fact the Russian interference could have been easily mitigated if Clinton ran a competent campaign does lessen that argument.

won't argue Clinton hosed up bigly but Trump clearly telegraphed the interference was not gonna stop with the election. Was basically suggesting his supporters should riot if he lost and he wouldn't accept the results. The goal of interfering seems like it was to cause internal crisis in the US despite whoever actually won

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
a crisis won't crumble the admin they'll just stumble through it leaving many dead in their wake and congress won't care

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Nichael posted:

I loved Donny's reactions to Ben Carson's flagrant, batshit lies because it was like he had to deal with himself for two weeks. It was hilarious.

I loved when Ben Carson woke up for a day because he accidentally became a front runner for a few days and journalists started asking questions about his books aka his moneymaker. All of a sudden he was mad and animated and poo poo lmao.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Austin's going to become the San Fransisco of the south, isn't it?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

this admin is going to crumble with the first serious crisis it gets smacked with

depends

do they at least have a glaive in the party? 2 nanos and a jack?

hows their might, speed, int pool holding up between their respective party members before its drained? gotta roll some checks despite some edge yanno

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I loved when Ben Carson woke up for a day because he accidentally became a front runner for a few days and journalists started asking questions about his books aka his moneymaker. All of a sudden he was mad and animated and poo poo lmao.

Hearing him go all hysterical and tin-whistley while moaning about how he's being treated so much worse than Obama at that presser was a low key highlight of the GOP primary

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

angry ben carson made me too sad, it killed my innocence

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
this is all so surreal

like best case scenario was trump delegitimizes the presidency, forms a communications company, and all of them get happy/rich

putin/russia get their destabilizing force and republican senate/house get to kick the ACA can down the road for another four years

and then like

woops, loving donald trump is president

and now bannon and some college republican dipshit, along with his extremely racist mentor, are trying to figure out how in the gently caress to make all of this work while placating the toddler pissbaby frontman they backed

using braggadocious "we're going to streamline gov't" to cover for their inability/lack of preparedness to staff positions

jfc america

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MizPiz posted:

i mean its already there, basically

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sometimes i think donald isn't qualified to be pissident???

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So what, someone investigates Sessons for treason why he keeps acting as the AG?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trast posted:

obama's a coward

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

So what, someone else investigates Sessons for treason why he keeps acting as the AG?

I mean, is having a literal Russian spy as Attorney General any worse than having a literal Russian spy as President?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

an overpriced shithole full of techbros coasting on a cultural image from 30 years ago?

• Locked thread