Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

The Wii was all like "get up and move!!" but now the Switch is "lie upon your deathbed"??

And hell, I'm grateful for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Is pig's blood a normal thing in makeup because it seems really weird to me that his go-to would be pig's blood and then bricking himself in the face instead of just getting a makeup artist

Who needs makeup when you have the real thing!

Was his thought process, I'm assuming.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If a friend of mine did that, I would definitely push them into getting counselling, not even joking

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Does anyone have the Wii U Breath of the Wild and is it good, please and thank you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
been playin more razors' edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyoXkVo7i9E

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shindragon posted:

I wish the game showed the combo inputs on the move list, PAUL can do some sick nasty boxing combos.

People have been criticizing the move list for a while, it's pretty crappy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope they fix that soon. I was a bit confused at first when I saw the move list. It's like ok did it replace my regular punch or..

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shindragon posted:

I hope they fix that soon. I was a bit confused at first when I saw the move list. It's like ok did it replace my regular punch or..

I hope so too, someone posted a really nice suggestion for a better move list format on the backer forums.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best games with combos don't have combo lists so it feels like you found poo poo on your own

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In Training posted:

The best games with combos don't have combo lists so it feels like you found poo poo on your own

Are you talking about bad Capcom fighters? That's a totally different kind of combo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't talking specifically about fighting games but I like discovering combos on my own

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I only like games that have peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets in them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

RCRU has a bit of both. There are moves that only come out when you hit buttons in a specific order, these are the preset combos we're discussing. They're an expansion of the basic 1-2-3 knockdown mechanics of old beat-em-ups like the original RCR or Final Fight, and function like the combos in games like Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta. But you can also create your own combos in the game by linking specials and normal attacks and juggling.

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXoaIHtGgmQ

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 3, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't like fighting game-style combos mostly because I've never been able to get the timing down correctly, especially if it also involves combining directional inputs more complex than holding a direction and pressing a button at the same time.

Not by coincidence, one of my favorite combo systems ever is the one from God Hand where you have one simple combo combo string from mashing the attack button and then a few special moves based on specific buttons but every single one of them can be assigned a specific move.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon you fuckers, loving Monday???

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

If you were making a game that was already a spiritual sequel to your favorite game ever and someone said "Hey you can get the license and make it official", wouldn't you be interested?

No, but I've been cynical enough on the topic so I'll keep my opinion of buying the license to myself :v:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

Man that is waking up to piss in your cereal :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

poo poo man can you at least get your day one shipping refunded?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The "combo" charts in musou games are pretty hilarious

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all these lovely brightly-colored exploration games coming out and my TV develops a dead-rear end pixel smack in the center of the screen

barely had this unit for more than a year as well, what a pisser

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Man the ending of Inside really is nuts.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

They never updated mine but I've just said gently caress 'em. Nintendo gets my money directly now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

God drat this age of day-0 updates, combined with the inexplicably shitawful download speed of the Wii U means that there is 20 minutes between me and breathing the wild :mad:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

update: Wild breathing on Wii U look fantastic, although bafflingly the gamepad screen is used for nothing, all it does is glow a "Tap here to play on the gamepad" message.
I guess it's nice that you don't need it because you can use a pro controller instead? But considering that the ports of the other Zelda games have let you use it for inverntory and stuff, it's really loving weird to leave it out on the game made specifically for the Wii U.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

update: Wild breathing on Wii U look fantastic, although bafflingly the gamepad screen is used for nothing, all it does is glow a "Tap here to play on the gamepad" message.
I guess it's nice that you don't need it because you can use a pro controller instead? But considering that the ports of the other Zelda games have let you use it for inverntory and stuff, it's really loving weird to leave it out on the game made specifically for the Wii U.

I guess they really just wanted to make sure there were no significant differences whatsoever between the two versions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People are saying the color depth is worse on the Wii U? What does that actually mean

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People are saying the color depth is worse on the Wii U? What does that actually mean

Nothing

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It means you shouldn't give a gently caress about what "people are saying"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

They never updated mine but I've just said gently caress 'em. Nintendo gets my money directly now.

I'm tempted but I managed to pre order it months ago for £10 less than its going for everywhere now and it's not like I'm short of games to play atm.

E: though I just realised it's entirety possible that's why Amazon stiffed me lol

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 3, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At this point there are more people upset at the lack of lower review scores and salty fanboys to cry about said reviews than there are...well salty fanboys crying about low review scores.

To the point that you can't tell if someone is unironically saying that Big Nintendo is paying off all the mainstream reviewers and once the game gets into the hands of real gamers the truth will be known or if it's just a jape.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Shout out to the family at mijer buying a switch and a gallon of milk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Logan was a very good movie. This is a really good month for nerd poo poo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Tuesday for me

In other news I'm currently downloading zelda from eshop

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Tuesday for me

:hfive:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Tuesday for me

How much is it on there?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

:hf:

Sakurazuka posted:

How much is it on there?

£60 :saddowns:

But I already had it preordered at that price from Nintendo's official store until Amazon got it back it stock at £48. It's literally the one video game I would pay £50+ for

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Is pig's blood a normal thing in makeup because it seems really weird to me that his go-to would be pig's blood and then bricking himself in the face instead of just getting a makeup artist

pig's blood usually comes congealed so you would probably have to put it in a blender or something to get it to flow again

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://store.playstation.com#!/en-us/games/themes/rasta-reggae-skull-hiq-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-DYNAMICTHEME0027

God bless capitalism

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

:hf:

£60 :saddowns:

But I already had it preordered at that price from Nintendo's official store until Amazon got it back it stock at £48. It's literally the one video game I would pay £50+ for

Gah, I'd have been tempted at £50 maybe nope to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/tropical-skeleton-dance-hiq-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-DYNAMICTHEME0036

Holy poo poo

• Locked thread