Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I get it a bit better now I think. You want a favourite from each star rating or you get a random one, but it depends on what star rating the first one you pull is.

Just got a three star something I forget and a Hood, with just Thanos and Quake selected. I get it now, you don't have to switch around as you use tokens and you won't screw yourself out of a bonus four if you also have a three star on the list.

I hope they let two stars be favourited too, that'd be a nice bonus every so often. Ones would be a bit pointless unless you could champ them too I suppose.

E: Gwenpool hasn't been someone I've used much but if PvE events start having two four stars that will be nice

McDragon fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, this new system is extremely good for people who wanna zero in on one hero. I have Medusa, War Machine, and Carol as my 4* bonus heroes, so each time I pull from a Legendary Pack there's a 5% chance I'll get one of them as a bonus.

That's loving sweet.

My Bonus Heroes were Sentry / IW / 5* Cap but when I went to uncheck them only Sentry was there for some reason.

I ended up putting Sentry back on Bonus through cause I could use Moon Knight Green, and then Sentry can go gently caress back off because I already have Moon Knight Purple maxed.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Yeah my bad here. Shouldn't try to understand new rng shenanigans on little sleep.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
Finally, some -good- luck. I was at 1997 points in shield simulator, and I desperately clicked on the first easy match I found to push me over the edge (Patch/Loki/IM40). I played like a retard and lost horribly...but I still got Riri afterwards. Apparently I got attacked twice during the match, one for +4 and one for -30 points, and the +4 came through first, so the cover was waiting for me even after a net loss of over 70 points.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Truman Sticks posted:

Finally, some -good- luck. I was at 1997 points in shield simulator, and I desperately clicked on the first easy match I found to push me over the edge (Patch/Loki/IM40). I played like a retard and lost horribly...but I still got Riri afterwards. Apparently I got attacked twice during the match, one for +4 and one for -30 points, and the +4 came through first, so the cover was waiting for me even after a net loss of over 70 points.

lmao that's the stupidest loving luck

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

Janitor Prime posted:

lmao that's the stupidest loving luck

Yes, and I know now that I'll forever pull Moonstone from Elite and Heroic tokens to bring balance back to the universe.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I champed Thor, pulled a yellow 5* Strange, and got a bonus Cap. I'm loving it too

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
loving Android bug made it so I couldn't do the last day of venom heroic :(

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Spent 120CP to champ 4* Cyclops because I was on the verge of wasting my third cover of his. Got a Riri from the legendary token, no bonus. Bleh.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

loving Android bug made it so I couldn't do the last day of venom heroic :(

I missed most of the first since the server went kablooie. Luckily I was only planning to grab Coulson and be done. Actually, better get on that now.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Any goon guild going on? I
Play casually every day but my current guild really suck

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

New Wave Jose posted:

Made a space for you in Bone Rangers, had an inactive or two. We're super casual, so don't worry about point totals or anything. Only thing I ask is you contribute as best you can in Alliance boss events like Civil War/Galactus/etc.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Enemy Of The State PVE is giving away 2 4* covers for progression in Level 7 & 8

Purple & Black Gwenpool

That's nice and all though I noticed it came at the expense of the last progression reward event token. Probably a net gain in the long run but I'd still prefer that sort of change to be 'in addition to' rather than 'instead of.'

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 3, 2017

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

New Wave Jose posted:

I am in the exact same boat. My current alliance had under 50% participate in the Civil War event. I have all the 2* champed (except Bag-Man) and am now working up my 3* roster.

Save me, goons.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

CidGregor posted:

That's nice and all though I noticed it came at the expense of the last progression reward event token. Probably a net gain in the long run but I'd still prefer that sort of change to be 'in addition to' rather than 'instead of.'

or possibly "instead of" an insultingly small amount of iso

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

CidGregor posted:

Made a space for you in Bone Rangers, had an inactive or two. We're super casual, so don't worry about point totals or anything. Only thing I ask is you contribute as best you can in Alliance boss events like Civil War/Galactus/etc.

Cool I'm going to apply as Thrice1982. I usually try the boss event as much as I can.

New Wave Jose fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 3, 2017

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

New Wave Jose posted:

Cool I'm going to apply as Thrice82 or CptThrice. I usually try the boss event as much as I can.

Looks like you are full again

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Thanks to DPD and a bonus draw, I snagged three IM40 covers today. Bonus heroes kick rear end.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Okay, I've been a long, long time away from the thread and I'm really sorry about that. I haven't fostered or encouraged the alliance as it stands now. So I think the situation in Metal Bawkses has to go in one of two directions: one, we split up and do something new, under new leadership and two, whichever we choose to do has to start playing games a little more aggressively than the casual intent off the team. I'm a level 71, so I'm now at a point where I can hold my own in some circumstances. So whether repopulate Metal Bawkses (there are eight players in there now, one of which is dead and two others might as well be," or please give me suggestions as to were to go next. I would certainly like to start improving myself and scores at this point.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

TopHalf might get openings in a few days for you and anyone else who is cool with scoring a minimum of 6k per PVP season.

Also, thanks to earlier folks for clarifying the bonus packs thing. Picked up enough IM40s to get another Hulkbuster cover.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Auritech posted:

Okay, I've been a long, long time away from the thread and I'm really sorry about that. I haven't fostered or encouraged the alliance as it stands now. So I think the situation in Metal Bawkses has to go in one of two directions: one, we split up and do something new, under new leadership and two, whichever we choose to do has to start playing games a little more aggressively than the casual intent off the team. I'm a level 71, so I'm now at a point where I can hold my own in some circumstances. So whether repopulate Metal Bawkses (there are eight players in there now, one of which is dead and two others might as well be," or please give me suggestions as to were to go next. I would certainly like to start improving myself and scores at this point.

MB was the first group I joined, even spent the points to open another spot back in the day. Left for the reason you mentioned, low activity. I would hate to see it disappear.
If it remained semi casual (no requiring a chat app for planning, no "you must get a billion points in every lightning round" or whatever) I'd consider hopping back if there were like minded goons who play daily and participate. I don't usually try hard in PvP, but I go for the 4* rewards for sure in PvE.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

There is a group of alliances with a bunch of goons in. They have at least 5 different alliances in the group ranging from 'try to play daily' to top 100 pvp and pve, and have a mix of new players and vets. They all use LINE for comms but it's pretty easy to install and mainly used because the in game chat is so bad.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

New Wave Jose posted:

Looks like you are full again

Sorry about that, made another space. Forgot to remove the other inactive. Try applying again.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I have a LINE account, so I'm willing to coordinate in some respects, but more importantly to me are people who really want to give some of the Alliance based events a serious try. The last one in MB was just two tiny groups halfheartedly throwing themselves at the challenges.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I think you should bring all the active players from mb into the alliance family that GTO mentioned! :sparkles:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good day for me on MPQ, got Coulson with no problems without being attacked a single time (shielded for like 6 and a half hours to sleep and woke up to no hits). I guess people really don't want to hit Red Hulk teams. I also did not hit any Red Hulk teams until the very end, when I switched to Coulson / SW / Deadpool to get my last 80 or so points from 2 fights worth 50 apiece.

Then I got a Heroic Token from leveling a champed's hero, and drew Gwenpool Black... which triggered Bonus and gave me Carol Green! Hell yeah! That's some good poo poo right there.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Are legendary pulls bugged? It feels like I've only pulled Wasp since the update.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
I don't know about Legendaries, but it seems like 90% of my 2* pulls have been Ares over the past 2 weeks.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah, this new system is extremely good for people who wanna zero in on one hero. I have Medusa, War Machine, and Carol as my 4* bonus heroes, so each time I pull from a Legendary Pack there's a 5% chance I'll get one of them as a bonus.

That's loving sweet.

My Bonus Heroes were Sentry / IW / 5* Cap but when I went to uncheck them only Sentry was there for some reason.

I ended up putting Sentry back on Bonus through cause I could use Moon Knight Green, and then Sentry can go gently caress back off because I already have Moon Knight Purple maxed.

well it's a 5% chance, it's nice but I've gotten 2 bonus heroes so far.

So it's a thing but it should have had the anti-bad luck counter like every other game or it's another feature that doesn't benefit you unless you spend a ton.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

Are legendary pulls bugged? It feels like I've only pulled Wasp since the update.

They reduced the pool of 4 stars to the latest 12 and unfortunately, she's on of them

For reference I've gotten a Captain Marvel, so likely not bugged.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

So...

Packs only contain the 12 latest 4* characters now...
Unless you have a 4* character of your choice favorited...
If you have a 4* character favorited and you pull a 4* cover out of a single pack, you have 5% chance of getting a bonus cover of that favorited 4*...

The whole system also applies to 3* and 5* characters. And they doubled the pull rate of 3* and tripled 4*.

Convoluted as gently caress but it could be cool. I'm more worried about the PVE changes I heard of.

As far as I can tell, that would give you the same result as marking none of them favorite.

Also just as a note before anyone gets excited.

No they didn't.

The percentages are the same, they just literally removes half of the 3*'s from tokens and 3/4 of the 4*'s from tokens.

It's the most "20% MORE FOR FREE" marketing language you'll ever see.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gah, got a 4* from the PvE Vault and it was the one cover that I couldn't use.

Still, I like doing daily pulls on Enemy of the State cause you get so many free vault tokens from it anyways thanks to all the wave nodes + Top 300, so you have like a 25% (not accurate) chance of getting a 4*.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Free Coulson coming from a mini PvE thing, apparently. Sorta like the one that gave out Amazing Hulk, I guess.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I'm looking to add a purple user to my 3* rotation and my only covered ones are Doctor Doom and Falcon. Which of these is the best to go with my current roster of XF Wolverine, CMags, Hood, She Hulk and IM40?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Enemy of the State has made me realise just how much I lean on OML for PvE events. He comes back tomorrow at least.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

McDragon posted:

Enemy of the State has made me realise just how much I lean on OML for PvE events. He comes back tomorrow at least.

Yeah this.

I've been leaning on 5* thanos 3* strange Starlord

Using a few health packs but all of these nodes go super fast.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

I'm looking to add a purple user to my 3* rotation and my only covered ones are Doctor Doom and Falcon. Which of these is the best to go with my current roster of XF Wolverine, CMags, Hood, She Hulk and IM40?

I'd go with doom over falcon since none of the guys you have listed have tiles for falcon to boost

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Syrinxx posted:

Doom if you play offensively as he makes strike tiles, Falcon if you play defensively as he makes protect tiles.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Syrinxx posted:

doom's blue will be a battery for XFW black so you might as well go with doom. add IM40 yellow to blow up your blue AP without having to match blue tiles and you've almost got a littler team synergy going on.

if you have a max / champed IM40 make sure you're putting him on every team unless you've got a really specific reason not to, or you're finally into the 4* / 5* tier (and he's still gold in the 4* tier).

IM40 is so good his re-worked power set retroactively made IMHB worse because you can't have them both on the same team and IM40 is way easier to synergize and doesn't tear through health packs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a shame that Moon Knight and Kate will be leaving to make way for Coulson and Mordo.

I'm tempted to wait another season; if the next season sees only 1 4* and 1 5* released, then Peggy will be the next to leave the Vault, which suits me because I already have her champed.

If 2 4*s are released, then Wasp will be leaving with Peggy, which is okay as well since I have her Yellow maxed and any cover of her I pull might be a dud.

Also, Wasp and Spider-Gwen are getting updated. Pretty big updates (lowered AP, more damage, no Blue Drain on Stun) to Wasp, though we'll have to see the actual numbers to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Hate-Senpai posted:

Also, Wasp and Spider-Gwen are getting updated. Pretty big updates (lowered AP, more damage, no Blue Drain on Stun) to Wasp, though we'll have to see the actual numbers to know.

quote:

Kick Out the Jams
Cost has been reduced to 6. The power continues to create Web tiles (2 at power levels 1-4, 3 at power level 5) but now fortifies a web tile as well. The power now has a passive component that heals Spider-Gwen’s team (including herself) with a boost of health every time a Web tile is matched.

I'm conflicted. Lower cost plus a passive component is very cool but fortifying a web tile seems like it would go against the passive and pairing her with Miles.

Still glad I decided to sink all my ISO into leveling her.