Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

just make sure you don't have any friends and don't join any groups

basically don't do anything that could get you reported

Like once a week, if that, I post a single status update just in case they ever do a purge for inactive accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Facebook is never going to purge inactive accounts. No sane company ever does that because it ensures those inactive users will have a drastically lower chance of ever coming back because how many people want to return to a platform that just nuked all their stuff?

It's also why games (especially MMOs) don't delete inactive accounts after X months. Better to keep your info on file and send you offers to try and entice you to come back to the game. :eng101:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm pretty sure PSO2 deletes inactive accounts, or it used to, even if they had premium cash currency on them. But that's just a small drop in the hat for why that game is bad.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm pretty sure PSO2 deletes inactive accounts, or it used to, even if they had premium cash currency on them. But that's just a small drop in the hat for why that game is bad.

I don't think that ever get enforced. As an active PSO2 player, I've not heard of any instances where someone lost thier account to inactivity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tengames posted:

I don't think that ever get enforced. As an active PSO2 player, I've not heard of any instances where someone lost thier account to inactivity.

So what you're saying is my account might still be there? Everyone told me it would be gone!

Well back to willingly never playing PSO2 again.

Anyway, a few days ago a couple of people tossed around the idea that Leon's TM might be made stackable. Did anything come from that or was that just someone's dad who worked at nintendo?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

They might have something in their TOS that stipulates they might delete accounts after X months of inactivity but lots of MMOs have that wording as a cover-their-rear end thing, not because they actually do it. Storage costs for character data is trivial and if you can't afford to store inactive character/account data your game's already dead. The last time I played PSO2 was for maybe 30 minutes and I hadn't been logged in for over a year before that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's also why games (especially MMOs) don't delete inactive accounts after X months. Better to keep your info on file and send you offers to try and entice you to come back to the game. :eng101:

WoD was so poo poo, Blizzard literally gave me a free copy.
I regret that decision to come back and play for free.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I got that offer too, free upgrade to WoD and a free month of game time. I didn't take it.

Speaking of lovely updates, I can't wait for this new and exciting "grind the cactuars, quartz, and tickets" event.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

iloverice posted:

Dammit, my fake facebook account got suspended. I've submitted a photo ID to get it back. Any ideas how long that will take?

If you had used a real account, this wouldn't have happened.

Nuebot posted:

Every time I hear a story like this I worry because I used a fake name for my facebook ID.

They gonna getcha.

McSpankWich posted:

I got that offer too, free upgrade to WoD and a free month of game time. I didn't take it.

Speaking of lovely updates, I can't wait for this new and exciting "grind the cactuars, quartz, and tickets" event.

That's events for you.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just purged a bunch of inactive goons. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for a whaled out copy of whatever's relevant at the moment.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Well poo poo, my last pull on this banner with a half off was Olive. So how do I gear this gun shooting lady and how does she work with Lightning? Do I wanna skill pot her?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 2, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Well poo poo, my last pull on this banner with a half off was Olive. So how do I gear this gun shooting lady and how does she work with Lightning?

You immediately put her on your TM farming group along with Bartz. Her gun stacks with her innate which then also stacks with Bartz to send your ATK over 9000 1000. Then the usual suspects for gear, Black Cowel, bracers, brave suit or black belt gi, then your best ATK +% materia to go alongside Bartz's Doublehand. Welcome to the BOOM club.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Servaetes posted:

Well poo poo, my last pull on this banner with a half off was Olive. So how do I gear this gun shooting lady and how does she work with Lightning? Do I wanna skill pot her?

yes use stat pots on her

if you don't have me already 446,079,826 for what loadout is close to ideal (minus shine tms which will be done soon)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Checked out the Wiki's page on the new event:

I assume it will be edited out soon

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 2, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

hmm some sage advice

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love seeing more and more teams in Arena just rolling out 5 DC and DW groups. That makes pretty much everything one round with the AI. Even if it kills 2 of your guys the other 3 will wipe them out. Seems better for everyone since with the spreads in the ranking tiers there's no incentive to care how your team does with the AI. That being said we're due for another no dual cast week, so back to the slogs.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, a few days ago a couple of people tossed around the idea that Leon's TM might be made stackable. Did anything come from that or was that just someone's dad who worked at nintendo?

They added (Not Stackable) text to Leon's TM with this patch.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I want the following weeks added to arena:

No miss(all attacks are 100% accurate)
Single attack(all attacks only go off once)
No cap/half cap(all attacks hit for uncapped damage or max at 499)

Edit: Magic miss(all magic attacks can miss with dodge, but status immunities are void)

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 2, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

trying to get the 4* for some TMs i did five pulls today and got my very first base 5*

Ramza

:smith:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

rabidsquid posted:

trying to get the 4* for some TMs i did five pulls today and got my very first base 5*

Ramza

I'm insanely jealous, as I want Brave Suit a ton. But Ramza isn't much of a dps, this is true.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

get that brave suit, slap a dual cast on him and have him ultima on your arena team until his enhancements

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Ramza

I would also kill for a Brave Suit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Peachfart posted:

I'm insanely jealous, as I want Brave Suit a ton. But Ramza isn't much of a dps, this is true.

i am like 2% away from finishing my dual wield and i've been sorta bummed i dont have anyone better to put it on than firion or chiz and i was like "oh poo poo maybe a noctis!" so this was a HUGE letdown compared to having a serious dps to put it on, but on the other hand

Cry Havoc posted:

get that brave suit, slap a dual cast on him and have him ultima on your arena team until his enhancements

yeah, i had a bunch of magic pots sitting around with nothing to use them on so here we go!

edit: another dumb reason this bums me out is that since it took me so long to get my second ever 5* i feel like i "wasted" it before some good banners, which, i know that's not how odds work but you know the brain of rabidsquid is perhaps a bit dumb

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 2, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I wouldn't lose heart too much, man. He's a pretty drat solid unit. Who's your other 5*?

Besides I think I gotta give you a high five because we both drew 5* today! And I dunno if Olive is better than Ramza but I'd bet this whole enhancement thing is gonna happen sooner for him than her. Solidarity!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ramza's currently a solid but not amazing unit and enhancements turn him in to an amazing support unit in addition to the Brave Suit being amazing.

Also some of us have played since the start and still have no 5 star bases so you'll get no sympathy from me you ingrates. :colbert:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Hopefully the Mog King rewards come smooth...I've got a lot of 6* awakening mats to get...

Cecil
Luka
Krille
Marie
Medius (just because)

Luckily it isn't a lot of mats, but decent enough.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

5 spots open, will probably switch to Greg after Leon finishes as he will be BiS

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Jesus h christmas. Well over 100 pulls on olives banner alone and nary a rainbow crystal to be seen. I've got to be getting close to 200 pulls since my last rainbow. Man that's some depressing garbage. 50 bucks should at least net me loving something drat.

Anyway I'm assuming the cheerleader and light speed jab materias are unit exclusive as well right? Like one of them will prob only work on queen and the other on maybe nine? I tried checking around but all I could find was that they are global exclusive, but it would be beyond awesome if I could slap cheerleader on noctis. Anyone have an idea what the deal is there? Sorry if this was answered already up thread it just got kinda depressing hearing everyone else snatching up base 5 dudes while I go broke over stupid pixels

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Remember to get your dreadnought clears if you procrastinated like I did. Noctis is also really nice for that fight and blinding the soldiers after you take out the bombs. Triple Exdeath wasn't too bad for the fight. Imperil the boss, and then stack up 6 -aga spells along with a flask from Noctis while Cecil and Refia provided support.

Not that he boss didn't kill people multiple times. From full HP. Even with defense buffs up. :argh:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Today was my luckiest FFBE day so far. I was planning on spending about 10 tickets on the current banner before it went away and managed Olive on pull #2. What the gently caress. I'm leveling her now and I'll be able to get her TMR when the arena moogles come out. I should be good for about 1080 ATK after that.

I cleared a bunch of inactives. IGN: okeydoke - 411 249 974

edit: Took me about 200 days/400 pulls to get my first rainbow which was from the free 10+1. It was Emperor and I was little disappointed. I guess when it rains, it pours.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Remember to get your dreadnought clears if you procrastinated like I did. Noctis is also really nice for that fight and blinding the soldiers after you take out the bombs. Triple Exdeath wasn't too bad for the fight. Imperil the boss, and then stack up 6 -aga spells along with a flask from Noctis while Cecil and Refia provided support.

Not that he boss didn't kill people multiple times. From full HP. Even with defense buffs up. :argh:

everyone talked about how hard the fight was so i put it off until the other day but just taking a team of ling/refia/cecil/luka/exdeath and i was in no danger of ever losing the fight at all. refia ended up dying since once round the captain hit her with every single attack and cecil just watched her die, but having an aoe revive and also a noctis friend meant that there was no condition i could have lost that fight in

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I just tried to fight the ELT Captain. Uh.... yeah that will never happen for at least 7 years.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

everyone talked about how hard the fight was so i put it off until the other day but just taking a team of ling/refia/cecil/luka/exdeath and i was in no danger of ever losing the fight at all. refia ended up dying since once round the captain hit her with every single attack and cecil just watched her die, but having an aoe revive and also a noctis friend meant that there was no condition i could have lost that fight in

Why take Refia and Luka? I feel like if you just shoved another caster in for Refia you could've gotten the no-white magic achievement.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aherdofpenguins posted:

Why take Refia and Luka? I feel like if you just shoved another caster in for Refia you could've gotten the no-white magic achievement.

i wanted to make absolutely sure i had enough healing, three 5k health healers was in fact enough. i probably could have gotten the tm without refia but refia is also my best healer and i didnt want to mess around with possibly losing.

i guess i could try and get it without refia by bringing another mage

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Also, 15% hp isn't that good since 10%'s come from friend points and event materia is usually as good anyway. To me this 15% hp wasn't really worth the hassle.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

i wanted to make absolutely sure i had enough healing, three 5k health healers was in fact enough. i probably could have gotten the tm without refia but refia is also my best healer and i didnt want to mess around with possibly losing.

i guess i could try and get it without refia by bringing another mage

I did it with Ling/Exdeath/Ace/Cecil/Noctis/Tilith, so you can definitely do it using Luka.

Only TMs were DC on Ace and Excalibur on Noctis which did absolutely nothing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You only get 1500 white phantoma for burning through the missions the first time. Without bonus units you only get about 200 per run. At least ELT is stupid easy and the sword only costs 10k.

EDIT: So I have a question about Firion. Is he really that good? I have one on my friends list, high 700's in damage and I bring it to ELT and it's barely doing 24k per hit with fin briar. Despite having the highest attack stat, he's doing the lowest damage in my party, what's going on?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 3, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

without enhancement fin briar really isn't that exciting of an attack and you pretty much need it to be a chain finisher to get anything out of it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So which skill should I use with him to make him not a waste of a friend unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is he hitting his killer abilities? That's another big part of his damage.

Also the ELT boss isn't as much of a pushover as the previous Type 0 event so don't get too complacent.
The bonus enemy just can't be beat, don't even try. Just try to get the Steal off and defend the rest of the turns.

• Locked thread