Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Can't wait for Reinhardt Aatrox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope that's not Galio. That's not a gargoyle. :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope that's not Galio. That's not a gargoyle. :(

Maybe new galio can teleport towers around

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Galio is back in flexing man form.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

Sometimes you're on the right side of "their team"

I always kinda wonder how matchmaker fucks up that badly. Like it's one thing when one lane feeds so hard that it drags the other ones that were doing good/neutral down but sometimes like literally every lane is stomping and it's just sorta like "who thought this was a good idea".

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Actually it was basically all the Xin, he killed Warwick at his blue and then immediately killed him again at his red once he spawned. Then the Vel'Koz popped the gently caress off and 1v2's Katarina and Warwick, we got a double kill bot after Quinn roamed down, and the whole game snowballed and Varus went AFK

Still the Xin just completely shut the enemy team down, perfect pathing and invades and whatnot, dude was a monster

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I think that banning for off-meta poo poo, regardless of how many games the perpetrator did it for, is stupid and is likely going to lead to a slippery slope requiring linedrawing on the part of Riot which would take way too many man-hours. Eventually they're just going to have to say "do what you want"; they will never be able to micromanage which characters people play in any real capacity or for any substantial length of time by banning. It would absolutely discourage all experimentation and restrict the meta from evolving naturally, which are the things that make this game what it is today.

vov these are just words

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 2, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, there's a difference between trying some new poo poo with people who are down with it and forcing your poo poo on some people who don't know how it works and if it doesn't work out, an average 20 minute minimum of their time being wasted.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
So far there have been exactly two people suspended for off-meta poo poo, and it's been for basically the same gimmick. I'm more worried about it popping up as the default for autofilled supports who don't want to have to lane than it turning into some sort of 'no trying anything new ever' policy.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Honestly, I am all for Nunu support as civil disobedience against the lovely autofill approach, but that's different than actually thinking you're hot poo poo and getting mad at your team when they don't want to help enable your gimmick.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
If they turn Galio into Alexander I think I'm okay with that.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

JerryLee posted:

Honestly, I am all for Nunu support as civil disobedience against the lovely autofill approach, but that's different than actually thinking you're hot poo poo and getting mad at your team when they don't want to help enable your gimmick.

He's D1, though it sounds incredibly unfun to be his ADC he clearly understands the game extremely well.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its obvious theres a slippery slope here and if they start banning people who get reported a lot and nobody wants to play with, eventually theyll be shooting us to death in our beds at home

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

blah_blah posted:

He's D1, though it sounds incredibly unfun to be his ADC he clearly understands the game extremely well.

Fair enough, he's certainly hotter poo poo than me, but it's all relative-- presumably he's playing against a team of other folks in his approximate range and if he feeds his bot laner to them all game by doing dumb poo poo then it doesn't matter how awesome he thinks he is for coming up with the gimmick.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

I think the general point is that nunu -- esp nunu supp -- is a 0 mechanics champion and your only way to climb on that champ is through understanding the game on a much deeper level than your opponents. Like this guy is objectively probably a much worse player than most people in his games but wins a lot anyways -- even with people on his own team seeing it for the first time -- so I'm pretty convinced he's doing some things very right.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
guys, what do you guys do when you have a team that keeps chasing after the enemy and getting caught out? I tried pinging but they would keep doing it. :(

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Report them for not not playing the way you want them to and ruining your game experience by making you 1v5, apparently

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Tired Moritz posted:

guys, what do you guys do when you have a team that keeps chasing after the enemy and getting caught out? I tried pinging but they would keep doing it. :(

It happened to me yesterday, we were winning easily but stupid poo poo and then we lost at like 50 minutes.

What I do is shrug and move on, can't control team mates unfortunately

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Someone realized yesterday that 1/2/3/4/5 points in the mana regen mastery gave you 2.5%/5%/7.5%/1%/1.25% of your missing mana back. Oops. Now hotfixed.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So is that why so many people were taking 3 points in Meditation and 2 in Executioner? That's pretty hilarious

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

blah_blah posted:

I think the general point is that nunu -- esp nunu supp -- is a 0 mechanics champion and your only way to climb on that champ is through understanding the game on a much deeper level than your opponents. Like this guy is objectively probably a much worse player than most people in his games but wins a lot anyways -- even with people on his own team seeing it for the first time -- so I'm pretty convinced he's doing some things very right.
Yeah it's a big problem (for the euro meta) if putting the enemy jungler down is more valuable than propping up the ADC

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
Has anyone actually watched vods of the Nunu guy? I think the reason people are mad is because his "off meta style" is basically high risk low reward invades. There's always a good chance of him dying in exchange for a jungle camp. His KDA is 1.3/7.1/11.1 over 317 games. According to his own post, he's more or less a challenger player dicking around in mid diamond, which is probably why his able to get away with that poo poo and keep a 56% win rate on Nunu. To insinuate "playing off meta" is the sole reason he's getting reported is absurd.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Cis Lord posted:

Has anyone actually watched vods of the Nunu guy? I think the reason people are mad is because his "off meta style" is basically high risk low reward invades. There's always a good chance of him dying in exchange for a jungle camp. His KDA is 1.3/7.1/11.1 over 317 games. According to his own post, he's more or less a challenger player dicking around in mid diamond, which is probably why his able to get away with that poo poo and keep a 56% win rate on Nunu. To insinuate "playing off meta" is the sole reason he's getting reported is absurd.

To add onto it, just like how "support" Singed only had >50% win rate because people forgot to remove his Top Singed games, support CJ Nunu is only has that high of a winrate because he also plays jungle Nunu. Remove his jungle Ivern and jungle Nunu games, and he'd drop several divisions, and maybe even fall to Plat.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Uh, he has a 40% win rate on 62 Ivern support games and he never jungles. If anything it would improve his stats.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there you have it folks, this guy is so good he cant be banned for any reason

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

there you have it folks, this guy is so good he cant be banned for any reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh05sNYIJTA&feature=youtu.be&t=2735

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
can't get banned for being bad, or else *insert goon* would be banned.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

can't get banned for being bad, or else *insert goon* would be banned.

Either let everyone play the game the way they want, or ban people for choosing champs with a sub 50% winrate. If im playing varus / jihn in 100% of the time then you shouldn't be allowed to ruin my game with your "main" champion, im tired of losing to meta picks because we had to go 5 ad and tankless.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

iSurrender posted:

Someone realized yesterday that 1/2/3/4/5 points in the mana regen mastery gave you 2.5%/5%/7.5%/1%/1.25% of your missing mana back. Oops. Now hotfixed.

...lol

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Either let everyone play the game the way they want, or ban people for choosing champs with a sub 50% winrate. If im playing varus / jihn in 100% of the time then you shouldn't be allowed to ruin my game with your "main" champion, im tired of losing to meta picks because we had to go 5 ad and tankless.

I agree, if they're going to ban some for playing Nunu in the jungle as a support then they need to ban everyone who isn't playing the winningest top lane champ, Akali.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I will say I kinda wish he stayed banned just so there was precedent to ban support lux players (may they rot in hell.)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Camel Camus posted:

I will say I kinda wish he stayed banned just so there was precedent to ban support lux players (may they rot in hell.)

I love lux support, purely because I've never had one on my team.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Teikanmi posted:

Uh, he has a 40% win rate on 62 Ivern support games and he never jungles. If anything it would improve his stats.
I'm kinda tired of talking about this guy now but he's never supported as Ivern that I can see. He picks Ivern when he's actually assigned jungle. He also has a bunch of jungle Nunu games from earlier in the season, he's only played 70-80 games out of 300+ as support.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

iSurrender posted:

hahahha

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

iSurrender posted:

:riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot::riot:

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Why don't they just change the game to 4v4 so no one has to support. Problem solved.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SlyFrog posted:

Why don't they just change the game to 4v4 so no one has to support. Problem solved.

what do you mean? adc is the lovely role of bottom lane

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

SlyFrog posted:

The problem isn't strictly that there is one lane that has two people in it or even that support is an inherently more ill-designed playstyle compared to others. It's the overall rigid definition of the meta roles, combined with the stupid autofill system.

I'm not personally any more fond of, say, the jungle role than I am of the support role. It just so happens that if I get autofilled into a role I didn't want to be in, 90%+ of the time it's gonna be support. I'd wager it's similar for other people. Ergo, support gets the complaints.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I feel like another factor in people not wanting to support in spite of the fact that its basically "mid lane but you dont need items" now is the thanklessness of the job; the best example contrary I can think of immediately is the medic in TF2. He gets top billing whenever the supported gets a kill and allies assisted audibly compliment him in a "this guy is saving your rear end, player!" way, and as a result theres less of a stigma over playing him and you never really feel unloved.

Meanwhile, in mobas theres a big personal-glory focus on making Big Plays and earning double/Triple/Quadra!/PENTAKILL to prove how good you are at clicking buttons, and everyone else gets less visible assist credit (and all assistance is treated equally; a second of Singed fart juice gets as much recognition as mikaelsing an ally out of an amumu ult and then making them immune to damage).

This is especially a problem because there already exists another support role that gets the appreciation it deserves, making Support less attractive: the Jungler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

I feel like another factor in people not wanting to support in spite of the fact that its basically "mid lane but you dont need items" now is the thanklessness of the job; the best example contrary I can think of immediately is the medic in TF2. He gets top billing whenever the supported gets a kill and allies assisted audibly compliment him in a "this guy is saving your rear end, player!" way, and as a result theres less of a stigma over playing him and you never really feel unloved.

Meanwhile, in mobas theres a big personal-glory focus on making Big Plays and earning double/Triple/Quadra!/PENTAKILL to prove how good you are at clicking buttons, and everyone else gets less visible assist credit (and all assistance is treated equally; a second of Singed fart juice gets as much recognition as mikaelsing an ally out of an amumu ult and then making them immune to damage).

This is especially a problem because there already exists another support role that gets the appreciation it deserves, making Support less attractive: the Jungler.

I would add to all this that you are extremely likely to take the blame (or at least get dragged into a massive flame war about it) if you get a prima donna ADC that gets themselves killed and/or loses lane. That's even if you don't do anything wrong; if you do make a mistake, which you are, y'know, somewhat more likely to do if you're in a role you dislike and thus don't play very often and/or are bad at, then God help you.

The jungler has some of that same burden but, as you say, gets more credit when they actually do amazing stuff.

• Locked thread