Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Murder Noveau posted:

Any chance we could get a short list (5-10 options) of 2.6 approved starting builds? I haven't played since Prophecy (?) and reading through the thread lately it seems like there are several people returning to play after varying degrees of hiatus. The official forums are too dense if you have been out of the loop like me.

Lots of skills and items just changed so we're all winging it. Leveling with a random spell should be about the same as it always has or you could grab a 2h weapon and use something like sunder, earthquake, or ice crash. One handed weapons got buffed hard but we don't know the extent of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

van fem posted:

Could I get a re-invite to the guild? Skipped Breach, dunno what to play this time around.

IGN: FotmVortex

Mince Pieface posted:

I think I wanna play with the guild this time around, can you invite Prince_of_Doom?

Murder She Twote posted:

Can someone invite Bonington to the guild please? I'm ready to get my poopsock on :madmax:

Sent!

I think everyone is caught up. If not post your CHARACTER name in the thread.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
edit nm

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Lots of stuff changed, but Flameblast, Ancestral Warchief and Blade Vortex/Flurry were so overpowered even for cheap gear last patch I doubt a 20% nerf would make those unplayable.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

It's not that fast casting. It's better on really slow spells like discharge and vortex than something snappy like most projectile spells. And there's a .35 second delay that you can't do anything about. It's nice but really not some crazy be all end all for your spell builds

If you slap Faster Casting and Spell Echo in there instead you can just barely approach .35 cast time with a .8 base spell, and it costs way more mana to do that. You can get faster casting time by boosting your cast speed with equipment and the few passive nodes available, but I'm not sure that's actually worth it? Basically I'm saying any build that wants fast cast speed enough to put Faster Casting and Spell Echo in there could just cwc instead and save the passive points and itemization for other things. Which seems dumb.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Can anyone take a look at this life pathfinder doomfletch TS tree? I'm struggling to get enough %life and all the damage nodes I want :(

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Here's Mathil's Legacy Starter Buildss video guide if you're looking for ideas:

https://youtu.be/YKw2yySWM3Y

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Repostin' Vasusdus' EA juggernaut as a reference for myself

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Vasudus/characters

Besides, EA basically scales like a spell. It'll just be a bit of a pain getting a high ignite chance early on, until people start farming up eyes of innocence. How much do those things typically cost?

I'll level as melee, that's a playstyle I haven't done for a while.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

McFrugal posted:

If you slap Faster Casting and Spell Echo in there instead you can just barely approach .35 cast time with a .8 base spell, and it costs way more mana to do that. You can get faster casting time by boosting your cast speed with equipment and the few passive nodes available, but I'm not sure that's actually worth it? Basically I'm saying any build that wants fast cast speed enough to put Faster Casting and Spell Echo in there could just cwc instead and save the passive points and itemization for other things. Which seems dumb.

It takes no itemization to get faster even with .9 spells and you'll get a lot faster if you get cast speed jewelry and weapons. It's handy if there's a lot of overlap between your channeled skill and triggered spell (like that double BF gimmick Mathil ran a couple months ago), but you can't just toss it in and automatically be better off than you were without it.

And let's not forget that every single channeled spell scales well with cast speed.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 3, 2017

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
Please invite KrappenMeTotems. Thankz

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can I get an invite too? Name is "FloatMyGoat".

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Can ThickJeremiah get an invite? god bless

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Probably going with Ancestral Warchief Zerker : https://www.poeurl.com/64P

Not sure if Totemic Zeal is needed and those 5 points would maybe be better placed on weapon nodes. I'll figure it out as i go, i guess.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Excited to try out Frost Blades Raider at some point, the new jewels might actually make it passable

ewar's? dreamfeathers?? idk

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fart Cannon posted:

Please invite KrappenMeTotems. Thankz

Popelmon posted:

Can I get an invite too? Name is "FloatMyGoat".

Jbz posted:

Can ThickJeremiah get an invite? god bless

done

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I've spent over 100 alts on one goddamn flask trying to roll curse immunity in Breach, I dump a transmute and aug on a flask on my screwaround character and get it + reduced charges.

Get hosed.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

802.11weed posted:

Can anyone take a look at this life pathfinder doomfletch TS tree? I'm struggling to get enough %life and all the damage nodes I want :(

Elemental ranger really has a luxury problem when it comes to damage nodes now. I think you're overdoing the leech. Since you're VP I'd drop the claw nodes and probably the jewel slot you need to activate them, you probably don't need vitality void either since Blood Drinker is Attack Damage now.

Also that frenzy charge.

This is what I would aim for:

(That circular connection near Revenge triggers me, but I do believe it's the right move in this case.)

I also cut Acuity, whether you can afford to or not depends on how much accuracy you get on gear. I grabbed Written in Blood because the travel nodes are int, the other option is to get the duelist nodes instead.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/advanced/Greengroove/eupedu <- Semi-strict custom version of greengroove's endgame filter with better divination card highlighting. I'll make a stricter one later.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Cinara posted:

The problem is Frostbolt is kinda just worse than Freezing Pulse once you have enough proj speed.

Frozen Pulse doesn't have the Shaper mtx, so it is like 100x worse than Frostbolt.

Also I still need a guild invite, character name is Nasty_Woman.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Frozen Pulse doesn't have the Shaper mtx, so it is like 100x worse than Frostbolt.

Also I still need a guild invite, character name is Nasty_Woman.

sent

E: I recommend people grab their invites now, as many of us will not be paying much attention during the first few hours of the league start.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Ciaphas posted:

I think I might just be boring as hell and go inquisitor pizza sticks. Just need to find that video that detailed the build because I can't do these things for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KCsr3RQYOI

Ziz posted his 2.6 inquistor pizza stick tree. It's a really strong tree with 200% life and 30% mitigation with mind over matter and the new mana nodes. Easy respec into CI/Vaal spark/Vaal fireball and the like as well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do we have a time when the new League starts?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just under 8 hours from now. https://www.pathofexile.com/ has a timer if you want to check later.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Still need an invite, Elumera

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kalas posted:

Still need an invite, Elumera

sent

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Here's something I should know but I don't so I'll ask. Let's say I use a single target melee attack and link Melee Splash to it. Do aoe nodes like Amplify then affect that skill?

Gitro
May 29, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

5am on a weekend I have to goddamn work through :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aaaaaaaaaa I still haven't settled on the league starter.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Hamburger Test posted:

Elemental ranger really has a luxury problem when it comes to damage nodes now. I think you're overdoing the leech. Since you're VP I'd drop the claw nodes and probably the jewel slot you need to activate them, you probably don't need vitality void either since Blood Drinker is Attack Damage now.

Also that frenzy charge.

This is what I would aim for:

(That circular connection near Revenge triggers me, but I do believe it's the right move in this case.)

I also cut Acuity, whether you can afford to or not depends on how much accuracy you get on gear. I grabbed Written in Blood because the travel nodes are int, the other option is to get the duelist nodes instead.

hey thanks! Yeah the revenge cluster is quite triggering.

regulargonzalez posted:

Here's something I should know but I don't so I'll ask. Let's say I use a single target melee attack and link Melee Splash to it. Do aoe nodes like Amplify then affect that skill?

Yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Yes since it has the aoe tag

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Melee_Splash_Support

Btw Poe has one of the best wikis for a game

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Aaaaaaaaaa I still haven't settled on the league starter.

grab a d6, roll 3 times

first: 1-2: ci, 3-5: life (can go ci later), 6: some weird hosed up MoM hybrid build with 3k mana

second: 1-2: pathfinder, 3-4 marauder, 5: duelist, 6: witch

third: 1-2: melee, 3-5: ranged, 6: elemental hit

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Could someone reinvite me to the guild. Character name is JesterFindsHisWay. Thanks!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jester Mcgee posted:

Could someone reinvite me to the guild. Character name is JesterFindsHisWay. Thanks!

sent

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

please knock Mom! posted:

grab a d6, roll 3 times

first: 1-2: ci, 3-5: life (can go ci later), 6: some weird hosed up MoM hybrid build with 3k mana

second: 1-2: pathfinder, 3-4 marauder, 5: duelist, 6: witch

third: 1-2: melee, 3-5: ranged, 6: elemental hit
gently caress, I'm going to regret this.

Alright, random.org from 1 to 6:

4 - life, 4 - marauder, 4 - ranged

Presumably, spells are ranged, and totems?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Original king of the forest was lifebased marauder

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

Yes since it has the aoe tag

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Melee_Splash_Support

Btw Poe has one of the best wikis for a game

obligatory "yeah the wiki has lots of info that should be in game but isn't"

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

I could use a re-invite on AllTheStairs.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Warchief and all are melee, spells are fine, but you could for example go EA jugg, flameblast totems chieftain, KotF jugg or zerker...

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

I could use a re-invite on AllTheStairs.

sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

For those of you doing flameblast totems, get cast speed anywhere you can get it while levelling. FB totems really need a decent chunk of cast speed to feel good. If you can't get any cast speed and it feels like poo poo, you can try bladefall totems until you can find some more cast speed to do flameblast, although you'll need to find some dex to do that.

• Locked thread