Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've never heard anyone that wasn't a rightwing shill or a bad comedian talk about bureaucracy though. I've never encountered or heard anything resembling an overabundance of bureaucracy outside of the the republicans doing it on purpose to either keep minorities from voting or just turning people against big government on principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Yeah, that's the problem with believing in every conspiracy theory all at once, your brain starts to tear itself apart after a while.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

rodbeard posted:

I've never heard anyone that wasn't a rightwing shill or a bad comedian talk about bureaucracy though. I've never encountered or heard anything resembling an overabundance of bureaucracy outside of the the republicans doing it on purpose to either keep minorities from voting or just turning people against big government on principle.

The thing is there are absolutely bad, unnecessarily onerous, poorly crafted, etc regulations (not a lot here and now after decades to carving away at basic government functions, but they are there). The thing is these are specific bureaucratic things. They involve details, and minutiae, and have specific names and effect specific people or issues or areas. Railing against "bureaucracy" makes as much sense as railing against "government". Which I only- oh wait nevermind

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Tinsley couldn't put a citation asterisk on this one because he couldn't bring himself to cite The Daily loving Mail

That article has been pretty thoroughly debunked, btw.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It's also kinda funny to see on a day where Sessions recuses himself and Pence is revealed to have BUT EMAILS that Tinsley is worried about the NOAA. I'd say the two-week delay is killing him, but it's not like he would've addressed the scandal avalanche anyway.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I liked the Ted Rall one.
Oh wait, I didn't. It was as usual drawn like rear end and everyone knows he's creepy scum.

The one time I had to take communal showers men went first and then women. The next day it switched and so forth.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Turns out Tinsley missed the posted notices and wasn't supposed to be there, but everyone was too polite to say anything.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lodin posted:

I liked the Ted Rall one.
Oh wait, I didn't. It was as usual drawn like rear end and everyone knows he's creepy scum.

The one time I had to take communal showers men went first and then women. The next day it switched and so forth.

I had a unisex communal shower and it wasn't any problem. Mind you, I was in Starship Troopers.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Discendo Vox posted:

The thing is there are absolutely bad, unnecessarily onerous, poorly crafted, etc regulations (not a lot here and now after decades to carving away at basic government functions, but they are there). The thing is these are specific bureaucratic things. They involve details, and minutiae, and have specific names and effect specific people or issues or areas. Railing against "bureaucracy" makes as much sense as railing against "government". Which I only- oh wait nevermind
Yeah, railing against a nebulous "bureaucracy" is absolutely an American Republican invention. Communist states (for instance) never had mass-scale campaigns to "destroy bureaucracy".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Starshark posted:

I had a unisex communal shower and it wasn't any problem. Mind you, I was in Starship Troopers.
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say shower with 'em all!

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Starshark posted:

I would like to know more.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I'll debate you, Bruce.
Debate is what they want though. Debating maintains the illusion of no consensus while no action is taken. Since inaction suits the corporations just fine, they'll entertain debate aaaaalllll day.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ben posted:

Here’s my reasoning behind my latest cartoon: Let’s start with the climate change hoax, er horse. I showed Al “Pay Me" Gore on a politically correct rocking horse because climate change is not the catastrophic event they claim it to be. Al Gore predicted the ice cap would be melted by 2015. Nope, still there. Climate change is about globalism and collectivism. It’s also about fear. They want to distract us from other more pressing issues such as losing our liberty. Besides, pay a scientist enough money and reward him with acclaim and peer approval and he will produce the required data to confirm any agenda. Sure, the climate changes, but they leave out one important factor in their data: The sun. They’d rather blame man for breathing and make him pay a carbon tax for the guilt of soiling the elite’s property: “Their” Earth.

The most dangerous horse is Fukushima. And in fact, all nuclear energy is dangerous. It’s a hell of a way to boil water, and some geniuses built a shoddy nuke plant right on the sea and in an earthquake zone. Of course, nobody went to jail for it. Now there’s a huge meltdown and the core is ready to go into the aquifer. The Pacific will continue to be polluted with radioactivity and it’s all cumulative. We’re also a flood, EMP strike, or big earthquake away from this happening elsewhere at a nuclear power plant. Shut them down. Shut them all down. It’s fooling with something that could lead to an extinction-level event. Of course, the elite running the show will be safe in their underground bunkers if that happens. They love death—as long as it happens to us and not them.

The middle horse features ‘them.’ Who is them? The show runners, of course. The globalist elite. The Bilderberg types. The CFR and illuminati. The Bill Gates megalomaniacs. They’re the ones who are into eugenics and force GMO foods on people in order to dumb us down and send us to an early grave. Soros is using mass muslim immigration as a means to destroy western civilization. Why? Because he considers himself a god. He wants to see civilization destroyed, then rebuilt into something he likes and controls. These people are a big threat to humanity. They want humans culled. Arrest Soros and confiscate his wealth.

As for the last horse, some might say Islam is in and of itself ‘radical.’ They might be correct. For a long time I believed the palaver that Islam is a ‘peaceful religion.’ Not so. It’s a religion of force that has spread through violence and intolerance. They believe in Sharia law, not things outside of their Quran—such as our Constitution. The most virulent form of Islam, Wahhabism, is funded and spread by Saudi Arabia, which is run by a violent and repressive royal regime. Religious police whip and assault those committing minor offenses such as playing music in the park. Dissidents are tortured and beheaded. The fact that they are an ally of the the US is disgraceful. Of course, it’s all about the oil. Islam taking over the world will lead to a new dark ages. It’s up to muslims themselves to reform and stop the death cult. There are a few heroic muslims who want to achieve this, but they are too few and far between. The pussyhat protestors should be out in the streets screaming about what’s happening to women in middle eastern countries. Many treat their women abysmally.

Ben Garrison

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
further proof that Ben Garrison and David Dees are the same person

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
He put eyelashes and full kissy lips on the "Radical Islam" horse. :stare:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

He put eyelashes and full kissy lips on the "Radical Islam" horse. :stare:

It's a girl horse, hence the hood I guess

"The middle horse features ‘them.’ Who is them? The show runners, of course. The globalist elite. The Bilderberg types."
Just say "the Jews" Garrison, you know you want to.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Taerkar posted:

Hitler and the Holocaust were a Jewish conspiracy to get them Israel.

This makes me sad because I'm sure many people have seriously made this statement.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

It's because the sludge pouring out of factories is a real thing that they can see, with a clear responsible party they can fight against.

Chemtrails lets them imagine whatever enemy they want, and since that enemy is imaginary good at concealing themselves, they don't actually have to do anything about it.

Petitioning a local factory to stop pouring mercury into the town's water supply is hard and requires giving up weekends to protest...It may even make people think you're a liberal! (:barf:) Taking colloidal silver and shaking your fist at jet engine vapor trails, though...That can be done from the comfy armchair in your living room, and you'll never really stop it, so you'll always have a threat to satisfy your need to make a difference.

This is 100% accurate for angry kooky uncle type guys. But Dees seems to be full on mental health problems. Unfortunately his crazy has helped fuel hatred.

One of his early Trump images made some news waves during the election. It became a meme and I think the Trump campaign used a version of it with the Stars of David removed, then they "realized" it's antisemitic origin.

Certainly not a warning sign at all.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, railing against a nebulous "bureaucracy" is absolutely an American Republican invention. Communist states (for instance) never had mass-scale campaigns to "destroy bureaucracy".

What about Mao's Three-Anti Campaign (anti-corruption, anti-waste, anti-bureaucracy) in 1951? Or Khrushchev's introduction of the Sovnarkhoz in 1957?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I love how the anti-climate change "man can't ruin the environment!" Is followed quickly by "stop nuclear power! It's ruining the environment!"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nuclear Vomit Horse swears he's on the level

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Welp, Garrison's gone totally insane I guess.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also it seems relevant to bring it up but apparently even McMaster, Trump's appointed National Security Adviser, says "radical Islamic terrorism" is an inaccurate and unhelpful term. Yet people like Garrison still cling to it desperately like it's the three magic words that'll solve everything.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If you say "Radical Islam" three times into the mirror then Muhammad will appear behind you and put a burka over your face.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Death riding a horse vomiting nuclear waste is rad as hell.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

Death riding a horse vomiting nuclear waste is rad as hell.

:golfclap:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love the soulless eyes of Pence.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Sure, the climate changes, but they leave out one important factor in their data: The sun.
Oh god, I can just picture the :smug: as he leans back in his chair after writing this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Could someone please explain this to me?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Could someone please explain this to me?

Sure,

T͘o̪̫ ̝̻̬͔i͟n̖͍v͕̖o̶̪̦̻̫̦̲k̥͙̩̼̺̙e ̯̜̥t͔͢h̪̘͓̗e̸͖ ̼̹͕̪h̵̪͎̼i̬̫̦̻͍̕v̡͚̖͕̪e͚̥-͍͇͘m̢̪̣̣̩̖̣̼i͈͖̭͕̲͉͉n̲d ̨r͕̮͉͙͕̫̹͟e̴̮̜p̖̤̰̼̀r͍̝e̤̰̫̺̠̞s͉e̷̟̘n̻̳ṯ̬̼̖̬̦͔i͓̮̥̹̜̝͉ng̷̬̖̝̻͍̦ ̡̺̳̭͓̟̭̖c͕̗͉̜͖̠̲̀h̟̖̯a͎̖̙̼̼ͅo̖̱̣̖̝͘s̬̙͎̖̘̹̯.͚̝
͙I̻̪̝̻̜n̢̟̭̱͙̳̖v̤͍o̵̘̰̥̼̲̤k̡i̹̞̺͇͓̣͕̕n̬͍g̟ t̜̬̦h̷̘͇͈͎̙̱̰e̛͕͍̫ ̼͙̰͙̱f̺̞̩̦̩e̴̹̗e̘̹͎͎̭̱l̮̰͎i̟̤n͘g͚͍̗͓͇̤ ̷̘̩͚̹̞o̟̻̯͜f̳̫̝̺̜ ̞̠c̛͎͇͓̯̜̩ͅh͙a҉̙̮̣̺̱̝̬o̩ͅs͙̖̜̣.̳
̙̮̟͜W̵͓͙̞̟i̴̩̝̤͖̳͙ͅt̷̤̫͖̻̖̼h̶ ̡͖̼̤̗̖͇̱o̝͙̳̞̭͈͙u̡t ̸̝̦͕̝̖o̯rd̼̦̪̭͇̭e̦̫̫̩͎̣̠r͍͈̞͟.̴̱̱̗͙̻̼̦
̢͉͕͍̮T̙͚̫̫͙ͅḫ̭̭e̵̪̞ ҉Ņ̼̠̲̩̟e̦̭͉͚͙͜z̠͕̞̰̟ͅp̙̙̜̙ę̱͈̹̰r̞͓̯̞̙̺͢d̥ịa̫̯͍̪͚͝ń ̛̞̲͕̰̻̘̦h̰̫̦̟̖̱̻i̧̟̦̫̲̠v̻̭̼ḛ͔͖̗͎̙̥-̖͉̦̝̹m̸̰̻̲̟͉̝i͈̰̠̭͇n̦d͉̳̺̠̙̪̯̀ ̸̬͎͔̞͖̰̪of̺̥̺͓̱̙͡ ̵͚͈͎c̸̼̯͉̝͇̦͖ha̱̞̹͕̘̩o̗̮̙͚͡s̳.͎̭̲̹̬ ͅZ̳̭̜a͉͍l͕g̢o̲̼̫.̥
̥̠͖̣̀H̨̙e̛͙̬̼̼ ͔̙̦̱w̱͍͇̭h̸͓̗͎ơ͚̘̘̼̖̱͙ ̷͓̣̯̦͚̪͙W̥̺͇̤̹a̙̱̙i͖t̳͇̙̀ͅs͚͖ ̲̹ͅB͖̞̩̭̻͞e͢h̼̜̫̰i͉̭̤̜̯̘n̤̙ḑ̺ ̹̘̣̙̙̫̫T͏̠͓̼̳͉̥ͅh̲̗̝̠̠͍͢e̥͉ ̻͔̬̯̺͚ͅW̱al̲͙̩̟l҉͓̻.
̟̦̞̩̙̯̖Z̘͇͍̖̻̲͟A̦͍̣̘̱L̪͙͎̞G̨̠͓͓̖O̶͔͚̺͈͍̲!͉̻̯̬͈ͅ

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh, I thought that there's a message I'm missing because of the font.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm looking for a nearly 30 year old political cartoon (1989), and I figured someone in here might be able to help.

It's about the USSR pulling out of Afghanistan. The Soviet dude has his arm shoulder-deep into something, like a person or an an animal or something, and the caption is "ok, now pull out."
My google-fu has failed me.

Although, it did turn up this old gem from Horsey:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Although, it did turn up this old gem from Horsey:

The Calvin & Hobbes-est Horsey

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Oh, I thought that there's a message I'm missing because of the font.
I mean, dude is Ialdabaoth. Which Adam4d would probably agree with if he knew anything about Gnosticism, seeing as how he's big on the Old Testament fire and brimstone.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Lord Hydronium posted:

Oh god, I can just picture the :smug: as he leans back in his chair after writing this.
You know, call me crazy, but somehow I don't think climate researchers forgot to factor in the sun.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Holy poo poo it's been Mike Pence I've been seeing out of the corner of my eyes in the woods behind our house everything makes sense now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

One of the most annoying tropes in culture is when scientists and experts get so lost in their data that they miss huge blatantly-obvious details which Plain Regular Folks point out to them easily, because it leads to poo poo like this: Dunning-Kruger-rear end uneducated know-it-alls who are pretty sure that every climate scientist in the world has simultaneously forgotten that the Earth orbits a star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The only instance have seen of people genuinely forgetting about the sun in the middle of a scientific-looking argument was a creationist arguing that entropy made it impossible for evolution to happen.

• Locked thread