Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

These are all expected releases. The next one will be Marcus Gilchrist and Jets should have like $45-50m in space.

Sorry, still going to post LOL JETS when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems weird for the Jets to keep the coaching/front office staff, and also purge the roster.

I mean, you should give a coach more then two years, and their roster has enough problems that a rebuild is necessary, just I hope the staff actually gets a chance to rebuild the roster or they're just jerking them around to end up with a bunch of players the next coach wants to get rid of.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The only way this works is if Bowles and Macc are given the time to actually rebuild. I have no problem with any of these releases or the impending Sheldon trade.

If they fire them after going 4-12 next year then they're clowns.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It won't happen but if the Bengals take Marshall on a one year rental they can hold off WR as a priority for a year. That would be great because they're gonna have holes that need fixing this year that not drafting a WR would help out with.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The only way this works is if Bowles and Macc are given the time to actually rebuild. I have no problem with any of these releases or the impending Sheldon trade.

If they fire them after going 4-12 next year then they're clowns.

They should fire them for winning anything more than 2 games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Abugadu posted:

oh god if the Bears overpay for Glennon and make him the starter this will be a glorious few years

hahahahaha yes who can imagine the bears with an overpaid, inept quarterback

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

R.D. Mangles posted:

hahahahaha yes who can imagine the bears with an overpaid, inept quarterback

please this is all i have

with the cubs winning and the world hell-bent on entering a second dark ages

only the bears doing awful will soothe my dark soul

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Glennon is like twice as inept as Rex Grossman, though, let alone Orton/Cutler.

What is it with the Bears and barely-not-terrible quarterbacks? It's pathological.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Glennon is like twice as inept as Rex Grossman, though, let alone Orton/Cutler.

What is it with the Bears and barely-not-terrible quarterbacks? It's pathological.

Bears struck bronze with Orton, so they are forgoing the neck beard and just going with neck.

there's like 5 good quarterbacks in the NFL at any given time and it's virtually impossible to find one

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears struck bronze with Orton, so they are forgoing the neck beard and just going with neck.

there's like 5 good quarterbacks in the NFL at any given time and it's virtually impossible to find one

There's like 12 instant must-start guys, 4 promising young guys, and Eli. That's half the league.

You just had the problem where Cutler was too talented to bench/trade/cut but too error-prone to be good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just want to say that I've been on the Marshall 2 Eagles train for months now and have the posts to prove it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles go full ham and get Marshall and Jeffrey and use them to their full potential

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/greghoward88/status/837657998646468608

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
oh my goodness

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

It's hard work being a racist early in the morning.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao hot drat packers news has found a way to get worse somehow

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't think I could come up with a dumber conclusion if I locked myself up for a week and read nothing but Lord Wafflebeard posts.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Why is GaussianCopula writing for Packers News?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
come back to Denver plz

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A dude I went to college with got fired from the school newspaper for a similar take (except the entire piece was "black people are more athletic because of slavery...did it open with a Chris Rock bit? YOU BET).

CyberPingu posted:

Why is GaussianCopula writing for Packers News?

:iceburn:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

:stare:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Poor guy probably thought he was being insanely woke.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/355089/Report--BUF-now-leaning-toward-cutting-Tyrod

quote:

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.

The Bills can't seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn't tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo.

Bills are going to end up with Kaepernick, aren't they

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

A dude I went to college with got fired from the school newspaper for a similar take (except the entire piece was "black people are more athletic because of slavery...did it open with a Chris Rock bit? YOU BET).

Hey, if it's good enough for Jimmy the Greek...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fsif posted:

Poor guy probably thought he was being insanely woke.
lol if you have even an iota of sympathy for the piece of poo poo who wrote that

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd sooner retire than go to Buffalo if I were Kap.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I dunno, kaep going to Buffalo, succeeding and still refusing to stand would kinda own for all the salt it'd procure

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

I'd sooner retire than go to Buffalo if I were Kap.

i'd rather retire than go to buffalo too

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

$10 says if he does go to Buffalo and lead them to a winning season people would forget that poo poo reaal quick...

:toxx:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CyberPingu posted:

$10 says if he does go to Buffalo and lead them to a winning season people would forget that poo poo reaal quick...

A reminder that Jim Kelly was drafted by the Bills and went to the USFL to play for Donald Trump's team instead after refusing to play in Buffalo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The most unlikely part of my scenario is Kaep going to the Bills tbh

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals becoming less stupid and asking for a second for McCarron.

Bengals remaining stupid by not paying their good free agents, two of which are great offensive linemen, and hoping to nab Fournette at #9. Running back is not a pressing need.

They also want to make their first big splash free agent signing in recent history with Logan Ryan. Money that could be spent on the good free agents leaving.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

A reminder that Jim Kelly was drafted by the Bills and went to the USFL to play for Donald Trump's team instead after refusing to play in Buffalo

I'll bet it comes out that he met with Russian officials secretly too

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If the Bills are dumb enough to cut Tyrod, Kaep would probably be in my top 3 of alternative options.

(The alternative options are really bad.)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I been working on my fro for a long time saying I am Fat Kapernick. If he comes to Buffalo I am not cutting this poo poo off until he leaves Buffalo (or cuts his fro).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams are letting TJ McDonald walk because he doesn't fit Wade Phillips system, anyone want a safety that likes to hit people and can't cover very well for 10m a year?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I know a guy that's such a Bills super fan that you can't tell him that anyone on the Bills did anything wrong. A bills player could have a murder sacrifice on the field during warmups and he'd try to explain it away.

He RAILED against Kaep. I would love to Kaep to go to Buffalo and continue to kneel just so I could see the mental gymnastics this guy goes through to walk back what he's said and explain away what Kaep is doing.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

EugeneJ posted:

Hate being that guy but Trump owned the Generals, not the Gamblers

He did make friends with Trump though so his cancer was probably caused by Russia after refusing to help or something

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 3, 2017

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Running back is not a pressing need.

Burkhead and Peerman are free agents. Jeremy Hill has been bad the last two years and is going to be a free agent next year, and Gio is coming off an ACL injury. I'd say running back is a pressing need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Kaep already announced he is going to stand for the anthem next season - I guess Donald Trump is the change he can believe in.

• Locked thread