Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Hey guys heard the sky is falling and the Nintendo Switch will burn your house down and shoot your dog.

Has anyone bought fast Rmx yet? Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Where are you guys getting these FPS numbers?

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

KingSlime posted:

That worries and excites me. I really don't need a new console guys, I just bought a 3ds.
If you have a Wii U, the game is pretty damned close to identical in terms of graphics. I don't know about performance, though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Drunk Tomato posted:

Hey guys heard the sky is falling and the Nintendo Switch will burn your house down and shoot your dog.

Has anyone bought fast Rmx yet? Is it good?
Someone posted saying that it's good but the online kind of sucks, there's no lobbies and when you join a race you just get dumped in right in the middle of one.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Where are you guys getting these FPS numbers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqaTdflkNU

Here is a comparison video launched today of the portable and docked.

Portable at 720p stays at 30. Docked, even in fairly open areas with not much going on, you can see it consistently dip into thy VERY low 20's at 900p.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

irlZaphod posted:

Someone posted saying that it's good but the online kind of sucks, there's no lobbies and when you join a race you just get dumped in right in the middle of one.

Right but that isn't uncommon to games at release like this (see rocket league), the matchmaking and game joining will improve.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

irlZaphod posted:

This sounds like track mania online and if it's like that at all it's gonna rule.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Where does the cart goes

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Kurtofan posted:

Where does the cart goes

In your mouth, first. Then into the top corner of the tablet part.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurtofan posted:

Where does the cart goes

in the mouth

make sure to hold it in your mouth for at least a minute for the first boot, the game has to initialize data

if you spit it out early data will be corrupted and you'll have to buy a new copy of the game

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kurtofan posted:

Where does the cart goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQefYbFFYo

efb

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lelandjs posted:

in the mouth

make sure to hold it in your mouth for at least a minute for the first boot, the game has to initialize data

if you spit it out early data will be corrupted and you'll have to buy a new copy of the game

if you put the cartridge up the butt, you can do the install without worrying about the taste

Asperity
Jun 7, 2011
Walked in to my local Target one minute after 7am opening, joined the line filing in, was handed a ticket (48 of 59 or so), and probably have to wait until tomorrow to play, since I have work today and an opera ticket for tonight. I felt really old standing in line, but I was also the only one playing with a 3DS while waiting, so I guess it cancels out. Glad I didn't bother going out late last night for one.

I'm just hoping that the heavy advertising of older Fire Emblem games in Fire Emblem Heroes means we'll get them all for VC and I can play them on the bus. Also, I hope there'll be Picross eventually. I'm pretty much in this for a portable device more comfortable than the 3DS or Vita.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LethalGeek posted:

Ooooooor 720P doesn't use the full memory bandwidth even at 1333mhz. This is kinda stretching it honestly. RAM doesn't use a lot of power there's just not a lot of reason to really downclock it when the screen & CPU/GPU are going to be like 80% of the power usage while mobile given what I know of it's max watts vs how much such things typically use.

Edit: I'd want to hear this out of someone actually programing on the thing not some barely a nerd who can look at numbers and just start panicing.

Digital foundry arent barely nerds they are all the way nerds and if they publish a theory you should take it seriously until proven otherwise because they do their hw

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Auron posted:

all of my local walmarts have 10+ in stock right now and they're all 24 hour stores and i'm in cold rear end wisconsin. I think you'll be fine depending on the area.

You're just jealous you won't be able to get one. They are sold out everywhere.

(This is what the thread told me when I advised someone they'd be able to walk into most stores and get one without a preorder lol)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Thom P. Tiers posted:

In your mouth, first. Then into the top corner of the tablet part.

thanks

i did not feel the bad taste but i just licked it with the side of my tongue

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

enojy posted:

It's just mild frame drops on the system's very first real game, which is more or less a port of a game than ran on different architecture. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

yeah they probably didnt try very hard to get their launch zelda game running well

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
LINK BOD drat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol DF has been the go to spot for sperging out about framecount and performance for years now, cmon guy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Right but that isn't uncommon to games at release like this (see rocket league), the matchmaking and game joining will improve.

Rocket league had lobbies and infrastructure for normal online play it just got overrun and exposed as bugged at launch . Frmx sound like they launched with nothing but quickplay even built.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Real hurthling! posted:

Rocket league had lobbies and infrastructure for normal online play it just got overrun and exposed as bugged at launch . Frmx sound like they launched with nothing but quickplay even built.

Lobbies and stuff in general, are tied to the network phone integration stuff that doesn't exist yet. (Lol at that) but I would assume it will get lobbies and matchmaking when they, you know, exist on the system. They might not want to waste resources build something they don't have to, or it might not eve be possible to do that stuff until later.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol DF has been the go to spot for sperging out about framecount and performance for years now, cmon guy

its the nintendo stockholm syndrome that I sometimes can't help instigating in posters around these parts (they make it too easy), truth is these people cant be reasoned with

i am dying to get out of work and zip across town to see what the landscape looks like, this new gameboy looks sweet guys

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what's the screenshot button

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Auron posted:

they're not mild frame drops. dropping to 20FPS in most areas is laughable.

As someone who was just playing the game: it's only the Plateau. Really. I was just running around somewhere where it's pouring while my Switch was docked and had no drops.

The framerate issue really isn't that bad. Pokemon X and Y's framerate is more annoying imo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Digital foundry arent barely nerds they are all the way nerds and if they publish a theory you should take it seriously until proven otherwise because they do their hw

Reading what they wrote it's a lot of theory by looking at video streams. yeah ok this is very telling :jerkbag:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Idk if you guys are playing it or just looking at numbers, but even if it's dropping to "VERY low 20s" it's not bothering me at all. That's not even really that low for a lot of console games. It is uncharacteristically low for a Nintendo game, though, yeah.

What did bother me: Dark Souls Blighttown pre-patch, Bloodborne's constant stuttering, and Dragon Quest Heroes I & II -- even portable, that game chugs like crazy.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Bombadilillo posted:

Lobbies and stuff in general, are tied to the network phone integration stuff that doesn't exist yet. (Lol at that) but I would assume it will get lobbies and matchmaking when they, you know, exist on the system. They might not want to waste resources build something they don't have to, or it might not eve be possible to do that stuff until later.

but bomberman has lobbies

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LethalGeek posted:

Reading what they wrote it's a lot of theory by looking at video streams. yeah ok this is very telling :jerkbag:

Except they actually play the game and analyze their own captured footage for frame rate drops?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man I went to BB because their phone said they had a couple in stock (according to the sku checker (Store was not open yet.) and they mouthed at the door they had none. Bummer

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Welp, Amazon hosed up my order and I'm not getting a Switch today. Earlier this week they told me it was on track for release day shipping because I was a Prime member, and chose prime shipping at checkout. Then today they tell me the order isn't elegeble for release day shipping because the order was set to standard shipping, which it wasn't. Of course all the stores in town are already sold out...

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
My Switch is out for delivery!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

My Amazon Switch that I preordered the day after reveal is going to arrive tomorrow

My Amazon Prime Now Switch that I bought at midnight last night is arriving in two hours

GJ amazon, you're good at preorders

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It is coming in today, I can taste it

and i'm getting BotW later, i can taste that, too. but i'm not going to because I am not stupid

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Except they actually play the game and analyze their own captured footage for frame rate drops?

They said it themselves in the article: Dock & mobile have different rendering setups and ok the dock one is suffering in place when the other isn't. I believe that sure. WHY it's happening is complete guess work and my knowledge of such things makes me go "eeeeeh"

But hey I expect this thing to have some quirks cause it's an overtuned mobile chip I can plug into my TV also. Long as it works I'm not going to care about 22FPS vs 30FPS. Hell soon as I actually get mine I'm SO not going to care cause I"ll be trying to have fun not stressing some dropped frames. Yeah it's annoying but if I don't want dropped frames I have a PC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Switching my Zelda delivery to a UPS store was a great choice. Got it at 10:30. Except I have nothing to play it in because the Amazon van is somewhere out there with it and it I probably won't see it until this afternoon. Also, god drat this box is huge.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Feenix posted:

Man I went to BB because their phone said they had a couple in stock (according to the sku checker (Store was not open yet.) and they mouthed at the door they had none. Bummer

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Every time I see this gif I think I want to watch this movie and then I remember the reviews and I'm like nah

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Hungry Computer posted:

Welp, Amazon hosed up my order and I'm not getting a Switch today. Earlier this week they told me it was on track for release day shipping because I was a Prime member, and chose prime shipping at checkout. Then today they tell me the order isn't elegeble for release day shipping because the order was set to standard shipping, which it wasn't. Of course all the stores in town are already sold out...

Amazon hosed my order by giving me the Grey instead of the Neon one. When I ordered it after the Switch event, I emailed Amazon to confirm that I ordered the Neon (it didn't give me details in my order). I'm 99.99% sure I placed an order for the Neon. They come back and tell me, "nope it's the grey one you ordered the wrong one dummy and we aren't going to talk about this again". Completely disregarded a possible bug in their system, and were rather insulting to me.

Amazon's customer service has been loving garbage lately. I guess that's the result of becoming one of the biggest retailers in the world

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So aside from Nintendo being incompetent as gently caress, is there a reason why the Switch keeps forgetting the wifi, won't let me sign in with my NID, and has absolutely no indicators to tell you when charging the stupid controllers is complete? Or why the left controller seemed to come with a near-full charge but the right one had absolutely zero? Or why, in god drat 2017 it doesn't come with a god drat AC adapter?

Oh wait that last one's so they can scam more money out of you. Because the 80 dollar price tag on extra controllers wasn't enough, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
So excuse the dumb and possibly repeat question but;

I've linked my Nintendo Account. Is it possible to download my Mii from that or do I have to either recreate it from scratch or transfer it from my WiiU?

Can I directly transfer from WiiU or do I have to use an amiibo?

• Locked thread