Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Target Practice posted:

I got super busy and didn't get to play Breach, and Essence was my first league; I'm essentially super new. Is there a bang-for-your-buck build that someone that can't devote a whole bunch of time can do? My first real character was an Exploding Arrow, uh, deulist? Then I messed around with a Flame Totem guy and that seemed waaaay quicker to get going. I really like that automated AOE hellscape he put out.

Probably PizzaSticks.

Flameblast + Spell Totem, invest in cast speed. Can go either Hierophant (upto 4 totems), Elementalist (Ignite/Shock/Chill enemies on a reallybig hit), Chieftain (ignite + taunting/leeching totems) or Inquisitor (crits crits crits).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

If you delete all your characters before the league start do you get kicked from the guild?

Well, i deleted all of mine yesterday so I'll tell you when the league starts :ohdear: :derp:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I only delete characters when i want to make a new one.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I have yet to drop a mirror so I delete every character out of pure spite.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I can drop a mirror whenever i want.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Then i pick it back up.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
That's 7 leagues bad luck

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jusupov posted:

That's 7 leagues bad luck

Its only 7 leagues back luck if you arent wearing 7 leagues.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Wouldn't anarchy be the best starting league stone? You can find a lot of decent rares/jewelry quickly from exiles. I remember finding 5x goldrims and wanderlusts in the exiles everywhere race but I'm not sure if the rogue exiles had IIR or not

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

yum posted:

Wouldn't anarchy be the best starting league stone? You can find a lot of decent rares/jewelry quickly from exiles. I remember finding 5x goldrims and wanderlusts in the exiles everywhere race but I'm not sure if the rogue exiles had IIR or not

Anarchy does sound like a very reasonable levelling stone yea

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

funmanguy posted:

I only delete characters when i want to make a new one.
:same:

Aaaagh it's almost here and I still can't really decide what I'm running

funman help

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Say you want to make a gimmick build that gets every socket in the tree. What build would be the strongest. You'd have points available for nearly nothing else on the tree.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

funmanguy posted:

Say you want to make a gimmick build that gets every socket in the tree. What build would be the strongest. You'd have points available for nearly nothing else on the tree.

Grand Spectrum ignite.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

funman help

Time to nut up and pick something. Something with no required rare or revamped uniques, something that can handle most map mods, something that can change into a different build relatively easily, and finally, something that wont make you scoop your eyes out before you hit 80.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

Grand Spectrum ignite.

what class can do it well with no keystones on the tree?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

It's not like i'm ever going to play those characters again so why would i keep them?

Besides, less scrolling during character selection!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/837711158001848320

funmanguy posted:

what class can do it well with no keystones on the tree?

Elementalist

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm only full on character slots because I'm really attached to their names more than anything.

theshim
May 1, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Time to nut up and pick something. Something with no required rare or revamped uniques, something that can handle most map mods, something that can change into a different build relatively easily, and finally, something that wont make you scoop your eyes out before you hit 80.
just saying but I'm reasonably certain it is impossible to get more than two of these with a league starter

theshim
May 1, 2012

whypick1 posted:

I'm only full on character slots because I'm really attached to their names more than anything.
good names are the best part of coming up with stupid gimmick builds

HandofSlamandJam was one of my favorites

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm starting to slide towards Jugg rather than Zerk for KotF, and just grab +3 endurance charges to roughly replace Aspect of Carnage with Unrelenting.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

3 more hours to waffle on pizzas or skullz

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/837713510360481792

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm starting to slide towards Jugg rather than Zerk for KotF, and just grab +3 endurance charges to roughly replace Aspect of Carnage with Unrelenting.

It wont even come close to replacing a 40% double-dipping more for a poison build. It will be safer though I suppose

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

223 people ahead of me :negative:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm still downloading :smith:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

223 people ahead of me :negative:

998 :smith:

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

What? Noooo, i'm still at my job. GGG, please!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MannersPlease posted:

It wont even come close to replacing a 40% double-dipping more for a poison build. It will be safer though I suppose
Right, it's increased not more on the Juggernaut. Still though, I'm not over debating the survivability of Berserker KotF.

E:

AegisP posted:

I'm still downloading :smith:
I download quickly (the Internet is this god forgotten land is obscenely good), but I'm still patching since my hard drive is poo poo.

Re: prior character deletion chat. I usually wipe previous league characters on the start of the next one, but I can be pretty weird about keeping computer things ~orderly~.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
I can't decide between facebreaker and 2 hand warchief totem. I'll probably level with a 2 hand weapon anyway. How do the two compare in the endgame? Like high roll/legacy facebreaker vs. atziri's disfavour? I see lots of people running facebraker with either abyssus or bringer of rain, are they necessary to make the build work?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

madstrike posted:

What? Noooo, i'm still at my job. GGG, please!

Teamviewer ftw :smug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Esoteric Scientist posted:

I can't decide between facebreaker and 2 hand warchief totem. I'll probably level with a 2 hand weapon anyway. How do the two compare in the endgame? Like high roll/legacy facebreaker vs. atziri's disfavour? I see lots of people running facebraker with either abyssus or bringer of rain, are they necessary to make the build work?
They're hardly necessary to make the build work, AW is agnostic to most itemisation choices. As for damage, who knows now with legacy FB, BoR, and whatnot available, what's the overkill option for this league specifically.

E:

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So how many people are actually going to run HC this time? Is it going to be the normal 80/20% split?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinino Kage posted:

So how many people are actually going to run HC this time? Is it going to be the normal 80/20% split?
I think at least half a dozen people from goon guild are doing HC, as per posting a few pages back.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Esoteric Scientist posted:

there's diedbell for facebreaker synergy now too, so a bit more options besides abyssus to make facebreaker work.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
2340. Wonder what it'll be for people who don't try to log in until just before servers go up!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Valle posted:

2340. Wonder what it'll be for people who don't try to log in until just before servers go up!

usually peaks at 15-30k I think

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Shinino Kage posted:

I am but i'm EU so :shrug:

still can't decide between blood magic or mana based for my scorching ray league starter. BM more tanky but mana gives me the convience of not having to get an essence worm for purity of fire and blasphemy curses instead of orb of storms curse on hit.

only 3966 in front of me :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Valle posted:

I won't be surprised if it is around 50000 for just-in-time comers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Aaagh, stuck at work :smith: I'll get home with time to patch hopefully but I'll still probably get stuck in queue.

• Locked thread