Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea, for its time it was important sure. but that was like 30 loving years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nes owned and snes is the best console ever

that being said i havent played a zelda since majoras mask or a mario since sunshine

also gamecube sucked except for like 5 games

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that being said the fire emblem game they made for phones is p.good

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i really want to buy a game boy micro but jfc the prices on ebay
Unless you want a Micro for collector reasons, you should get a GBA SP AGS-101 and call it a day.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Debating if I want to buy Zelda after I finish work today or Horizon Zero Dawn?

Both look really fun and I can't choose :ohdear:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

NES loving sucked. There, I said it. Don't get me wrong it more or less kick started things and led to good stuff but I'll never understand the NES nostalgia. Yeah ok mario was fun. But insanely hard games with poo poo controls. Don't get me wrong it was cool because that was all we had for video games at the time. Cracks me up how much people are fiending for that NES classic they're selling

SNES was p. dope though for its time

:mad:

Mike Tyson's Punchout
Metroid
Mario 3
Galaxy 5000
Zelda 2
Castlevania 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tecmo Super Bowl
loving CONTRA

In short, SMDFTB.

Edit: I've got an N64 in a box somewhere around here.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

:mad:

Mike Tyson's Punchout
Metroid
Mario 3
Galaxy 5000
Zelda 2
Castlevania 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tecmo Super Bowl
loving CONTRA

In short, SMDFTB.

Edit: I've got an N64 in a box somewhere around here.

TMNT 2
FF1
Rad Racer
Mario 2
After Burner
Tiger Heli
Commando
Ikari Warriors
Bad Dudes
River City Ransom
the entire Bases Loaded and Little League series

NES was great

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh poo poo I forgot all about TMNT 1 &2. Also Baseball Stars.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
River City Ransom with a buddy was the tits.

Such a good game. :3:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is the new river city ransom on steam good?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

NES was my first system and I loved it, but SNES was by far the better system. :colbert:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NES owns bones.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Since we're all on a Nintendo kick right now, does anyone else really enjoy Earthbound? It's one of my favorite games but the fan community weirds me the gently caress out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I may bite the bullet and try that since a friend and I have been looking at it for a long time.

There are two remakes of it though on steam. The sports one and the fight one.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/422810/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/326340/

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Handsome Ralph posted:

Since we're all on a Nintendo kick right now, does anyone else really enjoy Earthbound? It's one of my favorite games but the fan community weirds me the gently caress out.

I got that game back in the day, big box with a guide and scratch & sniff cards. I really liked it at the time, Mr Saturns owned. I'd probably try it again if I didn't have to buy a new system for it, like if it was on PSN for $5 or something. Not enough of a fan to download an emulator or anything for it. Cute game though. Fan community being weird goes hand in hand with it being a Nintendo product. Zelda fans apparently freaked out at some point for one game because Link switched which hands he held the sword in because it wasn't canon or what the gently caress ever.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I remember buying that big box version for like 15 bucks on clearance from Wal-Mart when I was ten. I kick myself now seeing that the boxed version regularly sells for like 400-500 dollars on ebay.

I did snag another copy of it for 20 bucks like ten years ago, but sold it a few years ago for 150 since I have a digital copy on my Wii U now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I got a friend of mine in the 4th grade grounded for a week because we were playing NARC on his NES and I got the high score, so I did the classic "Make your initials a swear" thing

His dad (the Baptist Chaplin at Ft. Campbell at the time) went to play it a few days later, saw "rear end" and my friend ended up digging his mom a new garden and painting the houses' trim instead of playing videogames and baseball that week

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pretty funny considering the overall content of NARC

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

pretty funny considering the overall content of NARC

Murdering masses of druggies is pretty much the best thing you could do in a videogame in the eyes of a Southern Baptist Chaplin back then. And probably now

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Booblord Zagats posted:

Murdering masses of druggies is pretty much the best thing you could do in a videogame in the eyes of a Southern Baptist Chaplin back then. And probably now

True, as long as you don't swear :kiddo:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And don't take the Lord's name in vain, you hear? Now run along and do God's will.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yet Doom is considered satanic even though you murder scores of demons :confused:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

Yet Doom is considered satanic even though you murder scores of demons :confused:

Ha, his dad was actually super relaxed all things considered, he just really hated swearing and the Florida State football team in equal measure.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Also, that dodge ball game was good.

RBI baseball
Ice Hockey
To name a few more.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
SKI OR DIE

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Baseball games peaked int he NES/SNES/SEGA era, everything since has been kinda lovely gameplay wise in comparison

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388320/

also

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

My wife is funny like that too. Totally fine with all the sim/sperg games I play, not so much FPS. Last week I'm playing the new Sniper Elite and she asks what I'm doing, I say I'm killing Nazis. She approved heartily.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqB6rY94DCw

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Handsome Ralph posted:

Debating if I want to buy Zelda after I finish work today or Horizon Zero Dawn?

Both look really fun and I can't choose :ohdear:

Throwing a vote in for Horizon. It's really, really loving good.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Games says the new RCR is a grindy mess.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Baseball games peaked int he NES/SNES/SEGA era, everything since has been kinda lovely gameplay wise in comparison

MLB Power Pros was the best Wii game, hands down, probably one of my favorite sports games of all time. So of course it's fitting that Konami would kill it.

I'm a pretty big fan of The Show series but I can understand why people wouldn't necessarily like it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh man, I remember charging up the pitcher robot to full power so I could shoot the batter in the chest and make him blow the gently caress up.

Five year old me was not a good baseball strategist.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bengy81 posted:

MLB Power Pros was the best Wii game, hands down, probably one of my favorite sports games of all time. So of course it's fitting that Konami would kill it.

I'm a pretty big fan of The Show series but I can understand why people wouldn't necessarily like it.

Was that the cartoony looking one? Because if so, yeah, that one was really fun and reminded me of the old RBI baseball series

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Was that the cartoony looking one? Because if so, yeah, that one was really fun and reminded me of the old RBI baseball series

Yeah that's the one.

Biggest complaint I had was the the story mode got dangerously close to being "anime."

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bengy81 posted:

Yeah that's the one.

Biggest complaint I had was the the story mode got dangerously close to being "anime."

I remember that, that's an accurate comparison. Also the game looked like a 3D version of South Park

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

This isn't games, so I'll just tell you that's an okay opinion to have.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=07192007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:negative: