Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

a big chunk of the left spent years in the expectation of complaining about the dems being corporate shills for four to eight more years and then trump rolled in on the fascism train and they haven't adapted yet, half the takes are still 'look we know trump is basically Mussolini but DEMS R STILL BAD GUUS' and they're kinda right but we have bigger problems rn

that you think your problems are bigger is why trum pwon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

😍😍😍😍

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

'look we know trump is basically Mussolini but DEMS R STILL BAD GUUS' and they're kinda right

The reason why criticizing democrats is important is because the dems need to get better at politics if they want to stop Trump. Like dude I was a loving ride or die hillaryman and what converted me was the fact the democrats are just so loving incompetent. It's not about being shills or whatever the gently caress it's the fact that Robby Mook the guy who caused the dem disaster in 2010 WAS ALLOWED TO loving RUN A CAMPAGIN

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

i was planning on doing some main storyline quests because the dungeon-delving side missions were getting kind of dull, but then i ended up building a house instead and now im running from hold to hold getting materials together so i can smith a bunch of weapons and armor to decorate it

meanwhile i guess dragons are burning everyones poo poo down, but gently caress that i need to :sparkles: coordinate my interior design :sparkles:

ya was p fun for a while, its kinda just like do whatever so just let the dragons terrorize the hamlets, itll still be there~

should check out Torment: Tides of Numenera tho. I think that'd be your cuppa

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jacobin isnt what id call "alt-left" so much as "trudgingly dull academician left that loves to hear itself talk"

dont sign yr posts

w my name

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shageletic posted:

Also

https://twitter.com/MTVNews/status/837707356469407744

We need all the heroes we can get is what I'm sayin

"the mid 1990s was truly an existential hell on earth," he said, in 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shageletic posted:

chapo in general hasn't aged super well.

Not the time for irony bros

None of the election commentary has aged well because it was, top to bottom, a big ol' primary slapfight based on the assumption that the only argument worth having was who deserved to be the one to drop the guillotine on Trump. Sure that poo poo seemed important and soulful at the time but in hindsight it's like having an argument over whether the deck chairs are more comfortable on the Titanic or the Hindenburg.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

i just got around to playing Skyrim becuase im hopelessly behind the times and only just now got a computer that can run it, and man im actually a little stressed out by how much poo poo there is to do
For what it's worth, I have big plans for Morrowind later.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Dems could get better obv but can democracy even work in this climate

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

has there ever been a country song about hating your ex so much that you threaten jews about it

all my exes live in al-quds

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

Democracy can work in this climate because that work will make it free.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

None of the election commentary has aged well because it was, top to bottom, a big ol' primary slapfight based on the assumption that the only argument worth having was who deserved to be the one to drop the guillotine on Trump. Sure that poo poo seemed important and soulful at the time but in hindsight it's like having an argument over whether the deck chairs are more comfortable on the Titanic or the Hindenburg.

.....but her emails?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Coolguye posted:

he strongly implied it was Literally The Jews doing it and it turned out to be a very crazy man who is not really religious in any way as far as i can tell

he didn't really call it correctly at all

not that that'll keep him from trying to take credit for it anyway

have we lost track of the issue that there is in fact more than one person in our country capable of doing threatening things toward Jews

This one crazy dude is not the sole cause of all American anti-semitism.

This guy wasn't also, say for example, going to Jewish cemeteries, knocking over tombstones, and spraypainting swastikas while yelling "IT'S ME, #WHITEGIRL FRANCESCA"

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

not really but what else is there

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

ya was p fun for a while, its kinda just like do whatever so just let the dragons terrorize the hamlets, itll still be there~

yeah i see a dragon in the distance and im like, man i guess i should go kill that... buuuut i really need to get my smithing up so i can make some completely loving sick ebony gear.... eh, i'll get the next one

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Most of the West is having a crisis of Fascism. If you told me this was going to happen in 2015 I would have laughed in your face.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

Since we're talking behind the times video game poo poo I'm finally playing new vegas and I think the world needs Mr. House.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Maybe we should rethink our strategy and tactics in order to beat the nazi's"
"OMG WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS WERE DEALING WITH NAZI'S RIGHT NOW"
"no thats the point they are winning and we need to rethink out stra-"
"UGH loving ZHUKOV BRO'S WON'T STOP HARASSING ME"

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Robby Mook the guy who caused the dem disaster in 2010 WAS ALLOWED TO loving RUN A CAMPAGIN

There are just some careers where no matter how bad or how many times you gently caress up people still kick down the door trying to hire you. I'll never understand how that works.

Just look how long people kept letting Peter molyneux make video games.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Serf posted:

i'm rooting for "violent, hilarious balkanization of the entire West"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fits my needs posted:

.....but her emails?

Emails, Females, and Steam Sales: The untold story of the 2016 election.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

i just got around to playing Skyrim becuase im hopelessly behind the times and only just now got a computer that can run it, and man im actually a little stressed out by how much poo poo there is to do

It's less daunting once you realize how few of the things to do are fun and how similar they all are to each other.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Feminasty Slut posted:

Since we're talking behind the times video game poo poo I'm finally playing new vegas and I think the world needs Mr. House.

trump is literally the Courier who takes the "gently caress it, i do what i want" ending

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yeah i see a dragon in the distance and im like, man i guess i should go kill that... buuuut i really need to get my smithing up so i can make some completely loving sick ebony gear.... eh, i'll get the next one

at some point you'll get dragon shouts that can bring a dragon down from the sky or whatevs so u dont have to go chasing across whiterun

but I was very selective with my dragon shouts, cos rp purposes I was a Breton Vampire who slowed down time with high illusion magic so I could feast on whatever poor soul came across my way :q:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

proof of concept posted:

"the mid 1990s was truly an existential hell on earth," he said, in 2017

high school still can be if you are a suburbanite surrounded by people trying to pretend they're richer and more successful than they are without actually understanding a goddamn thing about working hard and being successful

Serf
May 5, 2011

Montasque posted:

Most of the West is having a crisis of Fascism. If you told me this was going to happen in 2015 I would have laughed in your face.

we all laughed at the orange clown man running for president, but brexit should've been our first real warning sign that something was wrong

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

one could say that u left a trace after ur descent into the 9th world

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

.....but her emails?

Emails don't matter anymore, see our VP for the deets

Serf
May 5, 2011

quadrophrenic posted:

i'm rooting for "violent, hilarious balkanization of the entire West"

i don't want to end up in the kingdom of georgia

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

at some point you'll get dragon shouts that can bring a dragon down from the sky or whatevs so u dont have to go chasing across whiterun

but I was very selective with my dragon shouts, cos rp purposes I was a Breton Vampire who slowed down time with high illusion magic so I could feast on whatever poor soul came across my way :q:

This is all nice but you should be playing Dark Souls.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

im part of the goodbrain-left

not me my brain is smooth as silk

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Venom Snake posted:

"Maybe we should rethink our strategy and tactics in order to beat the nazi's"
"OMG WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS WERE DEALING WITH NAZI'S RIGHT NOW"
"no thats the point they are winning and we need to rethink out stra-"
"UGH loving ZHUKOV BRO'S WON'T STOP HARASSING ME"

Venom Snake is the greatest redemption story ever told.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Serf posted:

trump is literally the Courier who takes the "gently caress it, i do what i want" ending

this would maybe be a good analogy if this ending involved Caesar's Legion swearing fealty to you

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Venom Snake posted:

The reason why criticizing democrats is important is because the dems need to get better at politics if they want to stop Trump. Like dude I was a loving ride or die hillaryman and what converted me was the fact the democrats are just so loving incompetent. It's not about being shills or whatever the gently caress it's the fact that Robby Mook the guy who caused the dem disaster in 2010 WAS ALLOWED TO loving RUN A CAMPAGIN

I agree with all of this. The Dems are really good at the inside baseball stuff but they are terrible with messaging to actual voters.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

one could say that u left a trace after ur descent into the 9th world

:eyepop:

No Regrets.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Venom Snake is the greatest redemption story ever told.

Kojima is a genius

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

hopefully by the en d of next week spice can just stand at the podium in front of all empty seats, talk and chew his gum in PEACE

so much for the tolerant left

loving CALLED

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RUM HAM posted:

This is all nice but you should be playing Dark Souls.

funny way to spell yakuza

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837722869106880517

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/837722869106880517

hahahahahhahahahaha

• Locked thread