Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sir Tonk posted:

coastal elites :argh:

it's rough, the entire East Coast loves suits and a whole bunch of other terrible things, very classist

no patience for the common man unlike Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Montasque posted:

Rush thinks this is an Obama backed 'soft coup' against Trump. It's all fake!

They're now reporting Obama's new DC house is the nerve center for the Trump resistance to "oust him through resignation or impeachment" lmaooo.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I didn't check, but that's from a Grindr profile isn't it?

Yes. It's how his boyfriend's friends found out he was cheating. Babeu's profile described himself as "loyal," among other things.

so just lol.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

No!

QUICK GET INTO THE OTHER CONSTRUCT

THE FOOL HAS RECKLESSLY UNLEASHED THE WORD OF QRA!!! :byodame:

d*mn now i am thinking of snow crash

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

Honestly, if Obama distributed as much incriminating poo poo as he could to as many agencies as he could on the DL before leaving office, that was probably the best thing he could have possibly done. Any outward showing of resistance or concern about Trump would have resulted in nothing but him getting destroyed in the press and would have been dismissed immediately.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

*cracks a natty* full communism now, brah

wow ur body language and choice of words while imbibing on the alcohol makes this so cool :swoon:

the shifting tides of trends in a capitalist society will allow me to safely bandwagon onto this without the fear of social repercussions

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

I disagree completely. I think now is the time for an identity crisis. We have absolutely nothing to lose, and if we want to make a comeback, we're gonna need to make some changes. If there was ever a time for introspection, it is now.

If some faction or philosophy manages to drive out Trump, there will be incentive NOT to figure our poo poo out, because that faction or philosophy will be ascendant and you don't want to gently caress up a good thing. Better to get our house in order first, and make sure that the ascendant group is a good one that can last and accomplish great things rather than just whoever managed to scramble to power first and then say "now is the time to unite around me, not question me."

Tbh I am just enjoying the soccer moms and other suburbanites looking at hard line anti fascists slugging Nazis and going "hmm maybe they have a point"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

Listening to NPR and playing Skyrim. A Good Friday indeed.

i just got around to playing Skyrim becuase im hopelessly behind the times and only just now got a computer that can run it, and man im actually a little stressed out by how much poo poo there is to do

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

It's almost like Trump is intentionally picking the most hosed up candidates possible. I'm not sure how he could do this bad otherwise. Like there is always one that is a fruit case in the prior R/D administrations, but not 50.

*Bannon

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Multiplicity remake still happening I see.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

loquacius posted:

I find myself believing Juan Thompson but if he wants his deflection onto Francesca to stick he's probably gonna have to doxx her

At least to the FBI if not to Twitter

The news is saying that this is all a long con attempt by the dude to get his ex in trouble apparently, which is just :perfect:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

Yes. It's how his boyfriend's friends found out he was cheating. Babeu's profile described himself as "loyal," among other things.

so just lol.

lol what is this timeline

It doesn't even make as much sense as the hosed up future from a time travel movie

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/837713656158674944

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

i just got around to playing Skyrim becuase im hopelessly behind the times and only just now got a computer that can run it, and man im actually a little stressed out by how much poo poo there is to do

Wait 'til you discover modding

Last time I tried reinstalling Skyrim I spent a week loving around with mods, then stopped playing

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is true but they did some ultra-doofy "wehn u think about it, the safety pin thing is kinda like the alt-right" take

Jacobin wouldn't be Jacobin without the awkward hot takes to assuage the authors own ego

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Also

https://twitter.com/MTVNews/status/837707356469407744

We need all the heroes we can get is what I'm sayin

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

The news is saying that this is all a long con attempt by the dude to get his ex in trouble apparently, which is just :perfect:

yeah that had been revealed and posted ITT by ten minutes after that post happened lol

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

There cannot be two skies!

then there shall be one war.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

RUM HAM posted:

They're now reporting Obama's new DC house is the nerve center for the Trump resistance to "oust him through resignation or impeachment" lmaooo.

Yeah, Obama working with the DEEP STATE and the SHADOW GOVERNMENT are going to take down Trump because Trump is a threat to the status quo.

Rush thinks both Dems and Reps are working together to take down Trump.

Serf
May 5, 2011

just do the things that look most interesting and never do anything that you don't think sounds fun. there's more content than you could ever want and they let you do all of it in a single playthrough for some dumb reason so you'll never lock yourself out of stuff. do what seems fun

and play the mq long enough to get your dragon powers

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

then there shall be one war.

Balance in all things~

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Framing is the most rad way to destroy someone because "I've been framed!" is the least believable defense ever.

Look, this is the fourth time you've found me spattered in someone else's urine with no clear memory of how I got here. I was innocent every other time, at some point you're just going to have to accept that there is an incredibly large incredibly inept conspiracy against me -- Donald Trump, probably

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Montasque posted:

Yeah, Obama working with the DEEP STATE and the SHADOW GOVERNMENT are going to take down Trump because Trump is a threat to the status quo.

Rush thinks both Dems and Reps are working together to take down Trump.

FOX heads are already repeating this poo poo too today. I think they sense the wheels coming off and need to set up their scapegoat (thanks Obama lol).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

chapo people were crowing about how the lamestream liberal media had been tricked by a 4chan hoax when the piss memo broke, those tweets didn't age super good lol

chapo in general hasn't aged super well.

Not the time for irony bros

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

Balance in all things~

and *knowledge* of oneself for all things

Shageletic posted:

Also

MTV: "hey guys remember when we were relevant"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

O is alll right

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

oliwan posted:

Wait, Americans use blankets instead of duvets? Are they retarded?

Duvets are for inbreds, sorry Britisher.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

loquacius posted:

Wait 'til you discover modding

Last time I tried reinstalling Skyrim I spent a week loving around with mods, then stopped playing

i was planning on doing some main storyline quests because the dungeon-delving side missions were getting kind of dull, but then i ended up building a house instead and now im running from hold to hold getting materials together so i can smith a bunch of weapons and armor to decorate it

meanwhile i guess dragons are burning everyones poo poo down, but gently caress that i need to :sparkles: coordinate my interior design :sparkles:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol amex

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Also

Isn't that like Generation X or whatever? So it's time to stop caring and accept the blood shed?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Montasque posted:

reminds me of uk shadow cabinet guys who think Murdoch and Tony Blair are plotting a coup with the other mps to get rid of Jeremy Corbyn

the leftist circular firing squad is real and alive in the uk

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shageletic posted:

Why would you say that? Cause they seem more popular than ever

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

yeah Jacobin can be real dumb from time to time and there is kind of a problem where the left accepts right-wing framing of things

but still lol at handwringing over the alt-left and comparing them to loving nazis

the left is going to continue to lose because they keep throwing around thinkpieces and words like neoliberalism to working class people, when trump threw around "good brain" and "sad!" and people immediately understood. they are gonna completely poo poo the bed because a lot of them beg to be the smartest boy in the room and it is gonna gently caress them dearly. all they have to do is continue to copy bernie and yet they still get way out ahead of themselves

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Shageletic posted:

a big chunk of the left spent years in the expectation of complaining about the dems being corporate shills for four to eight more years and then trump rolled in on the fascism train and they haven't adapted yet, half the takes are still 'look we know trump is basically Mussolini but DEMS R STILL BAD GUUS' and they're kinda right but we have bigger problems rn

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

JHomer722 posted:

lmao trump's gonna never stop saying how he called JCC threats false flags correctly

probably the only part of the daily briefing he listened to, actually

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

Also

Trump's standing on my neck

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

the left is going to continue to lose because they keep throwing around thinkpieces and words like neoliberalism to working class people, when trump threw around "good brain" and "sad!" and people immediately understood. they are gonna completely poo poo the bed because a lot of them beg to be the smartest boy in the room and it is gonna gently caress them dearly. all they have to do is continue to copy bernie and yet they still get way out ahead of themselves

im part of the goodbrain-left

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

fk all i have is

can this count as a dog?

Uh it's actually a bird

Venom Snake posted:

Why would you say that? Cause they seem more popular than ever

I find their commentary and focus trite and uninteresting. I don't give a poo poo about a random Republican's commentators tweets when the AG melting down, the national security community is in free-fall/attempting a coup, and Congressman are running down the halls of the Capitol trying to find the health care bill are so much funnier/important.

Majority Report at least interviews people who know things I don't know/find interesting.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 3, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

JHomer722 posted:

lmao trump's gonna never stop saying how he called JCC threats false flags correctly

he strongly implied it was Literally The Jews doing it and it turned out to be a very crazy man who is not really religious in any way as far as i can tell

he didn't really call it correctly at all

not that that'll keep him from trying to take credit for it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

DrPlump posted:

Trump's standing on my neck

la la la la la

• Locked thread