Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

scratch another notch on the Chapo Reality Warper machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The most recent cum town with Billy "wide dick" Menaker is loving hilarious. Best cum town in a while.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/mcurryfelidae07/status/837378563653451776

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Chapo watercolor portrait is my favorite thing in the world.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They're roasting fellow goon PFZ now
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/837483290445639683

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what the hell is a centrist libertarian

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I nearly drove my car off the road during felix's rockabilly guy rant

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

what the hell is a centrist libertarian

Republicans who like weed.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Mods please change my name to Amanda Fapp

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A firm, wide premium episode

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ahaha I saw the name but didn't even realize

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
holy gently caress i wish french actually made it to the nom

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Felix on the warpath this episode rules

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Mods please change my name to Amanda Fapp

I'm bentley sklerp

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/837547399706902533
Felix done stol'd my valor (and I love it)

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It's cool that they made a movie about Ol' Pete

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/837557438911950849

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 3, 2017

SMP
May 5, 2009

all this dragging of zaid jilani lately makes me sad, he seems like a good dude who just has some bad takes occasionally.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God drat this latest set of reading series entries is up there with Elfquest in terms of pure disgust.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

SMP posted:

all this dragging of zaid jilani lately makes me sad, he seems like a good dude who just has some bad takes occasionally.

Theyre getting more bad and less occasional

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I Before E posted:

God drat this latest set of reading series entries is up there with Elfquest in terms of pure disgust.

What's Elfquest? I want to know about anything comparable to that one-two punch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

What's Elfquest? I want to know about anything comparable to that one-two punch.

There's a premium episode titled Elfquest which basically puts forth that in the Good Old Days, if you said you were trans, society would "correct" you.

Also goddamn, if you want a good introductory episode, this one is it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

padijun posted:

I nearly drove my car off the road during felix's rockabilly guy rant

i can't believe they still exist in brooklyn of all places

they're the kind of thing you'd expect to see in some boring midwestern insurance company town that just got their first food truck last year

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i can't believe they still exist in brooklyn of all places

they're the kind of thing you'd expect to see in some boring midwestern insurance company town that just got their first food truck last year

Quit talking poo poo about Des Moines

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

pretty cool for the newest chapo reading series to leak early before the episode even drops imo

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/why-the-alt-left-is-a-problem

quote:

And here is where the alt-right and the alt-left press foreheads for a Vulcan mind-meld: the belief that the real enemy, the true Evil Empire, isn’t Putin’s Russia but the Deep State, the C.I.A./F.B.I./N.S.A. alphabet-soup national-security matrix. But if the Deep State can rid us of the blighted presidency of Donald Trump, all I can say is “Go, State, go.”

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Zikan posted:

pretty cool for the newest chapo reading series to leak early before the episode even drops imo

quote:

the history of non-democracies and authoritarian personality cults shows that things can stay bad and get worse for a long time, leaving unhealable wounds. Mao’s China, for example. Putin’s tubercular Russia.

[...]

if the Deep State can rid us of the blighted presidency of Donald Trump, all I can say is “Go, State, go.”

Hmm...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm on episode 50 and God, the Trump campaign prognosticating is hard to hear.

They're basically right about everything except him not winning, though--like all the conservatives coming out of the woodwork to say "Well I think women are subhuman breeding stock, but this pussy-grabbing comment is just a bridge too far."

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Keeping it 1600 was even worse. The regularly had a segment on "bedwetting" about a potential Trump win.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is there much of a reason to listen to the pre-election episodes other than that they're funny?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is there much of a reason to listen to the pre-election episodes other than that they're funny?

The reading series. Ross Douthat's big gay adventures on William F. Buckley's sailboat.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Zikan posted:

I seriously thought Eric Garland wrote this until I went back and checked the byline.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the obvious solution is to only listen to stuff they put out after the election

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Keeping it 1600 was even worse. The regularly had a segment on "bedwetting" about a potential Trump win.

Their video stream on election night was a goddamn masterpiece though, watching their entire world crumble around them was amazing, especially because they could offer absolutely no explanation for it, and just sat in stunned silence.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

The 1600 guys have started to dog on Hillary recently.

After talking about Hillary's DNC election night video clip where she says "The future is resistance...meets persistence!"

“Stop stop it. Please go away. Stop writing things, just talk”
“Who are you being careful for? Who are you going to upset? Just say whatever you want! There’s no consequence! Just say whatever you want! Stop it! It’s enough! It’s like how much of this do we have to take? Just say whatever you want; you are free now. You’re free, Hillary. Say whatever comes to your mind. It doesn’t matter. Let go.”

Their new podcast is doing really well, so if they're even this level of fed up with her robotic bullshit, it's a good thing.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Naylenas posted:

The 1600 guys have started to dog on Hillary recently.

After talking about Hillary's DNC election night video clip where she says "The future is resistance...meets persistence!"

“Stop stop it. Please go away. Stop writing things, just talk”
“Who are you being careful for? Who are you going to upset? Just say whatever you want! There’s no consequence! Just say whatever you want! Stop it! It’s enough! It’s like how much of this do we have to take? Just say whatever you want; you are free now. You’re free, Hillary. Say whatever comes to your mind. It doesn’t matter. Let go.”

Their new podcast is doing really well, so if they're even this level of fed up with her robotic bullshit, it's a good thing.

That quote doesn't really do that segment justice. That guy was absolutely screaming at the top of his lungs like a worn fuse finally blew in his brain.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Rhesus Pieces posted:

That quote doesn't really do that segment justice. That guy was absolutely screaming at the top of his lungs like a worn fuse finally blew in his brain.

Yeah I was thinking about bolding the whole thing. Lovett was livid.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is a pretty good reason to listen to a comedy podcast imo

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

every single obamabro of keepin it 1600 and the pod save America has admitted the truth of Bernie Would Have Won so they aren't as destestable as the Amanda marcotee and the Al Giorondo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I remember reading and talking about the Egyptian Arab spring on this dumb website, watching with wonder and horror as the secular minded well educated Egyptians cheered on the overthrow of a democratically elected leader, only to see the military dictatorship that ensued turn out to be even worse than the one the revolution destroyed. I thought it was pretty funny. it will be even more hilarious when it happens here.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

uber_stoat posted:

I remember reading and talking about the Egyptian Arab spring on this dumb website, watching with wonder and horror as the secular minded well educated Egyptians cheered on the overthrow of a democratically elected leader, only to see the military dictatorship that ensued turn out to be even worse than the one the revolution destroyed. I thought it was pretty funny. it will be even more hilarious when it happens here.

Sir, the question was "did you want to upgrade that to a combo with fries and a drink?"

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Naylenas posted:

Yeah I was thinking about bolding the whole thing. Lovett was livid.

Out of all the 1600 boys Lovett is the one I most suspect secretly listens to Chapo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Out of all the 1600 boys Lovett is the one I most suspect secretly listens to Chapo.

He's responded to the dry boys on twitter, he's totally the lone grey wolf in the pod save America universe