Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The song was one of the best moments in Inquisition though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I feel utterly contrary to that

Serf
May 5, 2011

The song was definitely the most :psyduck: moment in Inquisition.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:agreed: with the two posters above me

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

welp it had the opposite effect than the intended for me :v: I laughed hard on that scene exactly because I thought "Dragon Age would make a great Disney musical".

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Everybody looks like a short-legged genetic defecto, facial animations are as bad as feared :[

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

exquisite tea posted:

Best as in awful, cringy, pandering, ham fisted, and unintentionally hilarious?

Or best as in actually good?

Because I agree with one of those sentences.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I think it was inelegant but ambitious and bold to include it, and probably would have come across stronger with better editing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

For a while after that scene happened I thought I fell asleep and dreamed it because it was just so crazy that it couldn't be real. And not in a good way. Everything between getting lost in snow hell and getting Skyhold up and running was just awful.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
The song in DA:Origins was bad and comes out of nowhere. The one in Inquisition seems incredibly normal if you've interacted with very religious people.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you're all going to change your tone when tiny ryder and his rowdy crew bursts into a full length production of wagner's ring cycle in order to defeat the kett

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

same

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Promethium posted:

The song in DA:Origins was bad and comes out of nowhere. The one in Inquisition seems incredibly normal if you've interacted with very religious people.

Leliana's song in Origins was especially bad because it didn't sound like they even used the same VA and the lip sync was way off.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Serf posted:

The song was definitely the most :psyduck: moment in Inquisition.

The worst part of it was that is couldn't be skipped. You had to listen to that loving thing in its entirety.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The worst part of it was that is couldn't be skipped. You had to listen to that loving thing in its entirety.

In my recent playthrough I was hammering on the ol' escape key and to my horror it could not save me. I feel like they knew people would try to get out of watching it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked the scene the first time and I liked the theme of what they were going for but it definitely should have been skippable because I just want to get to my cool castle at that point.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Pattonesque posted:

the song owned though

Yeah, for all its many faults the game really had some great scenes and vignettes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Watched the first 13 minutes video.

Great job having Brandon Keener voice one of the docs that come by when Ryder wakes up, just to rub it in that we don't have Garrus anymore. Assholes. :smith:

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Nordick posted:

Watched the first 13 minutes video.

Great job having Brandon Keener voice one of the docs that come by when Ryder wakes up, just to rub it in that we don't have Garrus anymore. Assholes. :smith:

Your ingratitude for being allowed to hear Brandon Keener's voice again makes me sick.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dad Ryder, Hooray
Kid Ryders, :argh:

Im gonna make a cool tough looking older Ryder if I can I just hope their dumb babby kid voices don't ruin it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

Dad Ryder, Hooray
Kid Ryders, :argh:

Im gonna make a cool tough looking older Ryder if I can I just hope their dumb babby kid voices don't ruin it.

I hope I can make a kid rider that looks older than dad rider

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do not name your character "kid"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

New page on exploration and crafting to complete the video.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I might just name mine Common

Common Ryder

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

New page on exploration and crafting to complete the video.

Hold the gently caress up.

quote:

Shield Disruptor: If used while crafting a weapon, increases the power of your disruptor ammo. If used while crafting leg armor, adds an electrical discharge to your air melee attacks.

Kingdom Hearts build is a go, this is not a drill.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Exploration video kind of looks like Inquisition in Space (with andromeda progress instead of power and cryo pods instead of requisition or whatever) but whatever I'm still on board

Still, lol at "as you can see, this planet has a harsh and deadly environment" as he strolls past like 5 people just chilling without helmets on

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ainsley McTree posted:

Still, lol at "as you can see, this planet has a harsh and deadly environment" as he strolls past like 5 people just chilling without helmets on

I am a goldfish and have already forgotten, but weren't those all krogan? They don't give a gently caress.

Also, I think they have the shield generators or whatever from the forward stations just around the base in general, so you can probably be fine.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cowcaster posted:

you're all going to change your tone when tiny ryder and his rowdy crew bursts into a full length production of wagner's ring cycle in order to defeat the kett

Actually if they rip off the newest Star Trek and defeat the kett with the power of the Beastie Boys, I would be totally on board.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

I am a goldfish and have already forgotten, but weren't those all krogan? They don't give a gently caress.

There were krogan, but also skinnier-looking dudes who I don't think were Krogan? I'm also a goldfish and don't remember

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

DrNutt posted:

Actually if they rip off the newest Star Trek and defeat the kett with the power of the Beastie Boys, I would be totally on board.

They will play the Bull's Chargers song and the kett will all die from trying to stab out their ear-holes.

fun fact: I have been stabbed in the ear hole before! It's not fun, but I can confirm it's preferable to listening to that song.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Serf posted:

In my recent playthrough I was hammering on the ol' escape key and to my horror it could not save me. I feel like they knew people would try to get out of watching it.

I muted it and went and made lunch.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

K.R.E.A.Y.

Krogans Rule Everything Around You

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
So they didn't go to Andromeda to escape the reapers?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

So they didn't go to Andromeda to escape the reapers?

No, the conceit is that the Andromeda Initiative was conceived independently and launched sometimes during the ME series before the Reapers became known to the universe at large.

Presumably, this was done so that we could enjoy the game without having the people around us whine constantly about how everyone back in the Milkyway was turned into Reaper goo.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

epenthesis posted:

Your ingratitude for being allowed to hear Brandon Keener's voice again makes me sick.

:same:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Promethium posted:

yeah the song is dumb in both but at least it sorta fits in inquisition at least. i didnt hate it. i am installing it again to try playing it again.

Skippy McPants posted:

No, the conceit is that the Andromeda Initiative was conceived independently and launched sometimes during the ME series before the Reapers became known to the universe at large.

Presumably, this was done so that we could enjoy the game without having the people around us whine constantly about how everyone back in the Milkyway was turned into Reaper goo.

this. i am sure it has some Cerberus backing or some poo poo, but that wouldn't surprise me.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The song part of Witcher 3 was better.

I'll see myself out.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"In Andromeda, there are over a hundred planets to discover, and a handful of beautifully-crafted worlds can be landed on, and that's where the adventure really begins."

So... are we just scanning most of these hundred worlds from space?

"The Andromeda Galaxy holds many mysteries, not the least of which is a vast network of ancient Vaults." :torgue:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't want to play some millennial boy band lead singer looking motherfucker. Or his Flo looking twin sister.

Well that's my hot take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have good news for you

They'll only look like that if you want them to

It's like getting offended by their race- they are literally whatever race you feel like them being. They are malleable barbie dolls of which you can twist and mold to be whatever thing you can force the system to recognize