Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

New Cactuar Dunes is kinda nuts. I don't even have anybody that I really need to level up but I'm just gonna do it anyways because you just trip over gigantaurs now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to burn 5 tickets to get some of the 3* guys for event grinding.

First ticket: Eight

Second ticket:

...yeah let's stop there. :toot:

Finally a goddamn 5* base unit. Did the global boost to her make her better? IIRC Queen was mid-tier in JP. Going to have to do some Dunes grinding. I've put her up as my (level 1) lead for others to use for the bonus for now and will get her evolved and leveled over the next day or so: 155,948,655

I'm definitely not getting Orlandu when his banner hits.:v:

e: Between Queen, Shine, and Maxwell whomever I make my dedicated physical unit is going to be set for +atk materia once they're all grinded out in a month or two. Currently working on shine/hayate/cecil/chizuru/maxwell TMs.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 3, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I cleared out a bunch of old requests. Send them again. I just checked and have 13 spots. Once I finish Greg and another Shine in the next few days and get Odin maxed I'll be at around 920 atk.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Does anybody feel like this banner is being more generous with Queen than a usual new 5* banner character? Or am I just seeing tinfoil hat poo poo again? :tinfoil:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Every time I see someone post their 5* pull it makes me go and pull again.

Duane, Anzelm, Medius and Edge.

That solved that quickly.

I just want the Players Choice banner to come so I can burn everything I have on it and then quit.

Sweet release.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Does anybody feel like this banner is being more generous with Queen than a usual new 5* banner character? Or am I just seeing tinfoil hat poo poo again? :tinfoil:

I have pulled once on this banner, and got an off banner blue. This means that Gumi has nerfed all rates and I'm off to yell on Reddit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

m.hache posted:

Every time I see someone post their 5* pull it makes me go and pull again.

Duane, Anzelm, Medius and Edge.

That solved that quickly.

I just want the Players Choice banner to come so I can burn everything I have on it and then quit.

Sweet release.

I think at this point I might go all in on pulling a Noctis off that banner. Orlandu is good and cool...really cool. But Noctis has such great utility and good damage. He's got breaks, status effects, top tier damage, a revive, an MP regen, a jump, party buffs, elemental coverage, and probably something else I'm forgetting that's good. Everytime I use him I'm just shocked by how good he is.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PaybackJack posted:

I think at this point I might go all in on pulling a Noctis off that banner. Orlandu is good and cool...really cool. But Noctis has such great utility and good damage. He's got breaks, status effects, top tier damage, a revive, an MP regen, a jump, party buffs, elemental coverage, and probably something else I'm forgetting that's good. Everytime I use him I'm just shocked by how good he is.

Taunt and mirage!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Used 5 pulls in hope of an event unit. None. A Shine was a great bonus though, and I have as many dupe Xiaos as Charlottes now, both at 80% with nothing but fuses. After clearing all the event nodes, used some currency for a ticket and got a Cinque at least.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

PaybackJack posted:

I'm of the same mindset.

Plus I've been hoarding tickets and lapis since loving November for Orlandu. The fact that he keeps getting pushed out just makes me want to play less.

The game for me at this point has become a dopamine slot machine and a numbers simulator via TM Macroing. I haven't done any of the story beyond getting Odin and I haven't done any of the last 2 collection exploration events.

I just love trying to hit the next ATK threshold. Almost at 800 for Gilgamesh.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

m.hache posted:

I just love trying to hit the next ATK threshold. Almost at 800 for Gilgamesh.

I remember breaking 600 with Lightning, then 700, then finally 800. Feels good. Now I have an Olive that, based one being able to gear equally to Havoc's is going to break 1100.

My how those numbers escalate.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

My Noctis has 455 attack :downs:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
565 attack lightning here :downs:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

PaybackJack posted:

I remember breaking 600 with Lightning, then 700, then finally 800. Feels good. Now I have an Olive that, based one being able to gear equally to Havoc's is going to break 1100.

My how those numbers escalate.

if only dh stacked :allears:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hello Noctis my old friend...I've come to lose to you again...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

four olives plus ling is fun

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I had a horrible thought, what if Gumi brings back that carven exploration and adds another level and a new sword recipe that takes multiple shining splendors to craft. :shepicide:

Well, I've got three of those, so...

Drew an Eight, wanted a Nine. At least I can contribute.

634,188,308 is the magic number, I usually share Ling.

Lightning, Dark Fina, Ling and Refia (single cast) tear through the boss in short order, not missing Cecil too much. Switched him out for Eight.

Cartoon Man posted:

Was that guy an ALT+ or something like that? You can't land a loving attack on that guy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

olive can solo elt easily

Your olive one shot the boss with that third turn nuke thing. I can not wait until my olive gets on your level.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

I beat that guy. He has at least one copy of the Noctis ring.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

Orlandu doesn't need those things because a pair of them chaining Holy Explosion is literally millions of damage more than most teams can put out since he's the start of "here's a easily chained multi-hit skill that debuffs an element" stuff. Imagine Edgar's chainsaw giving a 50% elemental weakness while also ignoring 50% of the target's DEF, and Edgar having over 1k attack as well as using element he can debuff.

Orlandu also has access to stop/silence/confuse, atk/mag and def/spr breaks, as well as his +100% Blind/Sleep/Paralyze Resist & +40% ATK when equipped with Greatsword passive.

Noctis is good, especially once global gets him un-nerfed, but Orlandu's praise isn't unearned. Noctis provides a lot of utility but that utility (like party buffs) has a lot of overlap with other characters that you're more likely to get, or want (like Rikku).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WebDO posted:

I beat that guy. He has at least one copy of the Noctis ring.

rear end in a top hat wins round one and blizzard flasks three of my guys which included Ling. That's all she wrote.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The arena got stuck loading forever after I beat someone. I switched from Wifi to mobile data and it was enough to load up the victory and ranking screen before crashing the app. Now it always crashes if I enter the Arena.
Time to restore data...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So what's the likelihood we're going to get a better sword any time soon? Enhancer is good but we can only get one of those and the only better swords are base 5* TMs. I want to know if it's worth spending phantoma on the sword or not, basically.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Are you guys seeing the huge cactuars on the 15NRG or the 10NRG

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Still have five slots, but if I fill up just send me a PM and I'll boot somebody.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Arena is still crashing my game every time I try to enter even after using Restore Data. What do I do? Delete the game and redownload it all?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

Are you guys seeing the huge cactuars on the 15NRG or the 10NRG

I've been doing the 15 energy Uncharted Zone and see piles of gigantaurs. I think my worst run was two regular metaltaurs and one gigantaur, best was five/six gigantaurs?

e:

HGH posted:

The Arena is still crashing my game every time I try to enter even after using Restore Data. What do I do? Delete the game and redownload it all?

I've had a case where the game crashed once and would just boot to a black screen until I restarted my phone, try that if you haven't already? Besides that I got nothing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

If a hard power cycle of the phone doesn't work, deleting and re-downloading loading is the next step you can take. If it's a thing that can be fixed on your end, that is.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone have the rough drop rates for phantoma in the ELT or PRO levels? Are people seeing nimbus more often in one or the other?

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Ubiquitus posted:

Anyone have the rough drop rates for phantoma in the ELT or PRO levels? Are people seeing nimbus more often in one or the other?

Pro is 149 or so without any bonus. I've done it over 20 times and have yet to see any bonus enemies.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

From what I've seen, ELT gives 203 without bonuses. So Pro is a *little* more efficient, but then you have to fight another full battle round every time you reach 30 energy.

Edit: If you run into a golden bomb it bumps over 400 phantoma, so ELT almost certainly avgs higher/stam.

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 4, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ELT is always better if you can run it because the bonus enemy rates are higher. Or they're supposed to be. :shrug:

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

For curiosity's sake, what's the difference between JP Noctis and Global Noctis?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

ELT is always better if you can run it because the bonus enemy rates are higher. Or they're supposed to be. :shrug:

Right now I can only run ELT or PRO when I have a top tier companion (and probably only Noctis since the rest of my weak weak team is bound to die, and the companion needs to heal himself :smith:)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

The man called M posted:

For curiosity's sake, what's the difference between JP Noctis and Global Noctis?

Just copy/pasted from the ffbe forums:

Noctis TM
GL

3 MAG 3 SPR, +30% ATK/MAG, Accessory

Enables Skills:

Alterna - 99 MP (Spell)
510% MAG AoE + 25% SPR Ignore

Death - 30 MP
ST 30% Chance to Instant Death
ST 80% Mod/30% HP Drain

Holy - Passive
25% Chance Dodge Physical Attack
25% Chance to Counter with Holy:
120% Magic Light ST + 40 Self MP Recovery

JP
The same ring but with additional 30% ATK/MAG.
And Alterna cost 80 MP instead of 90 MP.

Noctis LB
GL
Base: Physical damage (8x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (50%) for 2 turns to all allies
Max: Physical damage (11.6x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (74%) for 2 turns to all allies

JP
Base: Physical damage (10x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (80%) for 2 turns to all allies
30% Damage reduction to Noctis
THEN ENABLE

5.25x % modifier ignore 50 DEF AND -45% ATK/DEF break to target in 3 turns.

Max: Physical damage (14.8x) to one enemy and increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (124%) for 2 turns to all allies
THEN ENABLE

5.25x % modifier ignore 50 DEF AND -45% ATK/DEF break to target in 3 turns.

Yes, his LB is super OP even rivaling Onion Knight I must say.

For his JP ability table, all passives are about 1.5x stronger than GL side.
He also gain a combo system that enable his strongest ability Zero Distance Break, 10.5x modifier with build in Break. This makes him literally the strongest Chain finisher in JP atm. Yes, he surpassed Firion by a mile already in this department.
Auto refresh, not so shabby, but it's super amazing. MP recovery is always desirable.
Fun note, he has 2 Counters, one for Physical Attacks and one that heal him. In GL, he has only the one that heals.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Ubiquitus posted:

Right now I can only run ELT or PRO when I have a top tier companion (and probably only Noctis since the rest of my weak weak team is bound to die, and the companion needs to heal himself :smith:)

what's your friend code i'm sure those with pimped out friend units will be glad to help

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

Unfortunately, you are straight up screwed for this week. Your arena points are miscalculated since you crashed during the victory adding. You can send a ticket in, but I almost guarantee you they will not fix it before it fixes itself. Next Friday on reset. :(

(this happened to me a while back)

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

what's your friend code i'm sure those with pimped out friend units will be glad to help

I am 174,957,037

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ubiquitus posted:

I am 174,957,037

I'll add you. My exdeath can at least solo pro for you if you want that. One day I'll have a good Olive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Cleared a bunch of inactives today and put up my Nine for some farming. I'll switch back to my 809 Atk Noctis after the event.

• Locked thread