Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I'm as big a Jamychal Jordan fan as anyone but doesn't this point at the small sample error with defensive statistics more than JMyke being Kawhi Leonard's dad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I just am happy that the sample size is positive even if it is small

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/CSNPhilly/status/837777206604673025

Hmmmmmm.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

so if you're leaving a sports franchise to your kids you're pretty much dooming them to hate eachother forever huh

This goes for any high dollar possession really. Haven't talked to my uncle in almost 10 years because my grandparents left their house to my mom and just left him some possesssions, because my mom spent 6 years taking care of both of them, also working full time, as they went through dimentia, alzheimmers, various crises, and my uncle would visit 3 times a year while working a job that paid 3x what my mom made.

Not a word, he just assumed it was 50% his and now it's over. Life is rough

My mom blew all the money from selling the house on a pseudo luxe bathroom and kitchen remodel, a lawn tractor and other things that immediately depreciate 75%. but she did the work.

Jamychal Green is the best.

I'm really happy Nurkic is in a place where he can thrive.

Damian Lillard can move really fast with the ball

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chris paul wants CHANGE

quote:

Adam Silver says Chris Paul called him after the All-Star Game to say "we need to fix this" after the West beat the East, 192-182. Speaking at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Silver said that players like Paul and owners like Michael Jordan could meet like they did during collective bargaining to discuss ways to improve the All-Star Game. Silver said the NBA is open to hearing ideas such as potentially having captains pick the starters or incorporating a 4-point shot on some spots on the floor or even a 10-point half-court shot. "We will change it by next year," Silver said strictly speaking about the All-Star Game.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hmm yes that sounds like a good way to get them to just take turns jacking half court shots

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should settle the All-Star Game on the catwalk

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Tae posted:

Chris paul wants CHANGE

Yes MTV Rock N' Jock rules will revitalize the ASG for sure.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

But unironically

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

Metapod posted:

But unironically

Obviously, as a Russell Westbrook fan you would want this, as he would probably win it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Are they going to get rid of the rule where Zaza Pachulia gets conned out of an all star appearance.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Come on up to the pepsi zero 4 point spot or maybe have a try at the five guys 10 points half court shot in the exciting allstars game of east chipotle versus west pepto bismol

silver is such a stooge. Anyway what if they introduced a reward for the winning conference. What if the winning side gets home court advantage in the finals or something similar instead of introducing gimmicks to make the game itself more unwatchable

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Did people really hate the all star game that much? I thought it was fantastic

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The john legends halftime show was as much related to actual nba basketball as the allstar game itself

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

What they need to do is reanimate and also clone kobe a bunch of times to put back some competitive drive into the game so it's not just a bunch of millennials doing a dance routine on the court and crying for giannis to be benched because he is playing too hard

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

zelah posted:

Did people really hate the all star game that much? I thought it was fantastic
It's the worst all star weekend event

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
So what do you want it to be? I'm real okay with both teams dicking around having fun. They're competing the rest of the season

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

straight up brolic posted:

It's the worst all star weekend event

Not while the celebrity game exists. ASG was the best event this year. (Last year the dunk contest was back but not this year.)

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

zelah posted:

So what do you want it to be? I'm real okay with both teams dicking around having fun. They're competing the rest of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCH9s5tP1Nk

The lebron vs kobe era of allstars were also really good and showed glimpses of fantasy what it could've been if they had ever faced each other in the finals.

Dunks and lobs and poo poo is okay cool, these guys are among top 0.000001% of super humans and are capable of doing these amazing athletic feats and it's fine if they wanna show off a bit. But right now they just do this for the whole game instead of ever showing a moment of what the best players working with other players of different teams face off against the other side of the best players would look like.

Remember the all star game was where wade bosh and lebron got together and said, hey we played well together maybe this could work for real

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

step 1 is jumping onto the catwalk from the court. if you can't do that, you're already out

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/837829225927299072

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Have a six point shot but it's a spotlight that a guy in the rafters is constantly moving around the court.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pelicans curse has been super aggressive lately

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Not while the celebrity game exists. ASG was the best event this year. (Last year the dunk contest was back but not this year.)

The Celebrity Game is better than many playoff series

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Except for that try hard guy with the bad hair, the celebrity all star game owns. They need to bring Terrell Owen's back

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
The celebrity game gave us Scottie Pippen brutally owning Justin Bieber and now Bieber could probably go gently caress his wife. It provides great drama, this year they just did a bad job picking celebrities.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I mean, dudes weren't even trying to make it look like they were playing defense this year in the All Star game. It hardly even resembled a basketball game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Except for that try hard guy with the bad hair, the celebrity all star game owns. They need to bring Terrell Owen's back

I am assuming this refers to Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler, but Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler wrecking people in the paint is beautiful.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Gortat channeling his evil wizard spells

https://streamable.com/3nl2w

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stealth Tiger posted:

I mean, dudes weren't even trying to make it look like they were playing defense this year in the All Star game. It hardly even resembled a basketball game.

Them's the breaks. They can't play a real scheme because they practice at most for a couple of days, nothing in the world could make it worth playing hard man to man defense and risking injury, it's just a goofass idea. Enjoy the dunks and threes, or don't. Personally I don't but there is no sanctity of the fucken all star game to preserve or whatever.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Cleveland has hit 21-35 from three at the end of the third quarter.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Remember the all star game was where wade bosh and lebron got together and said, hey we played well together maybe this could work for real

That was Team USA.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean there's a difference between not playing defense and not playing basketball. The game was just taking turns dunking and threes this year without even pickup basketball level of defense. I'm not asking for them to go hard, but I just think it would be way cooler to watch if they actually attempted to play a basketball game.

I mean they did it for the first 30 years of its existence or so anyways, it's really only been the last few years where people have stopped bothering to make any effort. If you're saying 'oh they never played any defense' you're just not noticing quite how much it's deteriorated.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Stealth Tiger posted:

That's been the case for at least a few years now

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
They should make the all star game matter for Finals homecourt advantage

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Papercut posted:

That's been the case for at least a few years now

It's lined up with kobe's death, the passing of the old guards getting major time like duncan and kg and also the removal of the center position. Basically the last game with multiple true centers was the one with chandler and noah and they got mocked for trying to play defense in the all stars games

Now it's like lebron playing 5, and he's not going to contest dunks, and big babby deandre jordan at 5. giannis dunked on curry because somehow 1 is now under the hoop going for rebounds while the east is fielding 4 point guard lineups

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 4, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/837849026326310912

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Is Dario going to win rookie of the year

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

To do that at any point is really cool, but to try it down one with 25 seconds left takes huge balls.

e: ignore me, thought it was the game winner he assisted to Anderson which was also a super pass :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
No one has ever tried hard in the all-star game, ever.

• Locked thread