Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
How load times are between the wii u and the switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It's going to be difficult to play other games after this one

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raserys posted:

I don't know about between but the Wii u version's load times are not bad at all.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob
So stuff like opals and amber. Okay to sell or keep them? I'm super loving broke but really paranoid about selling some rare drop that I might need for a quest

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So the switch is pretty much just wii-u portable without the game library lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Infinitum posted:

It's the original Link amiibo for Smash Bros.

Epona's stats are max'd out, with max bond, and a gentle temperament.

Supposedly it's a one-time summon as well, so get your arse to the Stables pronto to register him before you get him killed.

epona is a girl, just like link

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

knob posted:

So stuff like opals and amber. Okay to sell or keep them? I'm super loving broke but really paranoid about selling some rare drop that I might need for a quest

diamonds are definitely not safe to sell. I'm not sure about opals and amber, I *think* they're okay?

I'm mostly selling monster parts since you can always farm tons of those. As long as you fight most people you run into, you should have a lot of basic monster parts and probably won't bother cooking them all into alchemy. Sell a big stack of parts and you make a few hundred rupees easy.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Raserys posted:

i just got done playing ffxv and wow the wii u zelda load time is so much better. just like, an open world comparison

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Wow, the Plateau's pretty big. If this is the tutorial, I wonder what the rest of the game is like."

*Zooms all the way out on the map*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
This the greatest game of all time? seems like it

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zaphod42 posted:

diamonds are definitely not safe to sell. I'm not sure about opals and amber, I *think* they're okay?

I'm mostly selling monster parts since you can always farm tons of those. As long as you fight most people you run into, you should have a lot of basic monster parts and probably won't bother cooking them all into alchemy. Sell a big stack of parts and you make a few hundred rupees easy.

Wait, diamonds are not safe to sell? Fuckkkkk I've sold like 2 of them and they were rare as poo poo. Can you spoil me on what they're used for?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Wait, diamonds are not safe to sell? Fuckkkkk I've sold like 2 of them and they were rare as poo poo. Can you spoil me on what they're used for?

I don't know. I just heard there's something you can use them for later in the game, like trading for something. And I think there's only so many diamonds in the game period. Somebody else might know exactly what you get from them.

Despera posted:

This the greatest game of all time? seems like it

For real

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
"Passing of the Gates" shrine:
Did anyone else cheat by gliding off the treasure chest to reach the end?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PSA: If you find a shrine but don't want to do it right now, make sure you at least open the front door. You don't have to take the elevator down, but until you open the door you can't fast travel to it

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think this might be one of the few games that has two different types of (enemy type spoiler) Mimics. It's making me real paranoid.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob
So apparently you can mount bears? I haven't been successful yet, but the couple times they've mauled my face off, I noticed a press A to mount prompt

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Anybody find a stump with a pinwheel in it? It's making korok noises but I dunno what to do with it. Thought a leaf would do it, but nope.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

Anybody find a stump with a pinwheel in it? It's making korok noises but I dunno what to do with it. Thought a leaf would do it, but nope.

Look up at the targets floating in the air around you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

knob posted:

So apparently you can mount bears? I haven't been successful yet, but the couple times they've mauled my face off, I noticed a press A to mount prompt

Oh my god I really hope this is true. I was really really hoping there'd be some mounts other than the horses, as awesome as those are. Oh man.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Motto posted:

Yeah I found one. Uhhhh what did I do... There's something in the area around you.

Is there a balloon around you can shoot with your bow?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Look up at the targets floating in the air around you.

beaten nm

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Various things:

- If anyone is super worried about a horse they like dying there is a great fairy who can revive dead horses, she is creepy as hell though

- I just stumbled across the most amazing puzzle involving iron boulders and trees in the Lost Woods. When the answer hit me I was stunned. This game is so loving clever.

- I also did the whole Zonai Ruins thing from the Game Awards footage today (where you get the riddle from the bird minstrel and go deep into the jungle to find a shrine). It was so fun but the hardest thing I've done yet. Died a lot. Ended up stealthing a large portion of it. Then I got to the end and it required you to have a SUPER rare item (a scale from the dragon near Lake Hylia) to get the reward. I just happened to have found that item like half an hour before. I was so relieved.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Im stuck in the survival island: no clue how to move the slab of stone blocking the second hole. ANY tips for the boss are very welcome.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I just did a shrine that honestly put Half-Life 2's physics puzzles to shame.

Like god drat this game!

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I have only one criticism of this otherwise totally incredible game

the voice acting is utter dogshit

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Im stuck in the survival island: no clue how to move the slab of stone blocking the second hole. ANY tips for the boss are very welcome.

Stasis, my man. Did you forget that use of it?

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
This is a very, very good game.

Waffleman_ posted:

"Wow, the Plateau's pretty big. If this is the tutorial, I wonder what the rest of the game is like."

*Zooms all the way out on the map*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I'm still thinking "but what's in the snowy parts around mount hylia," even though I already dove off with my hangglider and there's like eight billion miles of crowded landscape to explore.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Debating between buying this right here right now for the Wii U or continuing to play Horizon and waiting until I can get my hands on a Switch (whenever that is). Decide for me!

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Anyone know how/where to find the treasure chests for the Expansion Pass? I randomly found the one that has the Switch shirt, but the others...?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

pliable posted:

Anyone know how/where to find the treasure chests for the Expansion Pass?

They say EX on them. The only important one (Switch shirt) is on top of a wall at the Eastern Abbey

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

murked by dragon posted:

I have only one criticism of this otherwise totally incredible game

the voice acting is utter dogshit

Yeah and what I've seen the story so far is pretty lame. It's more the delivery than anything: it's too formal and loaded with exposition.

Everything else 10/10 though.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

They say EX on them. The only important one (Switch shirt) is on top of a wall at the Eastern Abbey

Oh yeah, that's the one I stumbled upon. To be honest, I thought at that point the DLC kicked in and it generated the chest for me :shrug:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mike Matei from Cinemassacre/AVGN has been streaming this for hours and it's sad to see someone struggle so much.

He just found a chest with a weapon, deleted like 6 other weapons from his inventory to make room, didn't get the weapon from the chest and then jumped off a mountain. He keeps saying he's just not used to this kind of Zelda.

I think he's getting better because he has discovered that cooking food and eating it does things, so there's hope.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Stasis, my man. Did you forget that use of it?

ohhhhhhhh duh

Welp i beeat the island

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Tom Gorman posted:

Mike Matei from Cinemassacre/AVGN has been streaming this for hours and it's sad to see someone struggle so much.

He just found a chest with a weapon, deleted like 6 other weapons from his inventory to make room, didn't get the weapon from the chest and then jumped off a mountain. He keeps saying he's just not used to this kind of Zelda.

It's gonna be interesting to see how people who have spent the last decade or so saying, "You know what they should do? Go back to the beginning. Just do Zelda 1 again but make it as next-gen as you can get." handle this game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Link, take the Sacred iPad to guide you on your way

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't think this is a spoiler.

On the puzzle where you have to roll a ball through a maze using gyro control I was hopeless but it turns out you can flip the board upside down which is pretty much cheating.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I don't think this is a spoiler.

On the puzzle where you have to roll a ball through a maze using gyro control I was hopeless but it turns out you can flip the board upside down which is pretty much cheating.

I don't think there's anyone in this thread who has done it "legit". Myself included.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Debating between buying this right here right now for the Wii U or continuing to play Horizon and waiting until I can get my hands on a Switch (whenever that is). Decide for me!

Do you want the Switch for anything other than Zelda for the next, oh, six months?

If yes, try to get your hands on a Switch. If no, jump in on the Wii U.

(Believe me, I'm having the same dilemma, right down to the "keep playing Horizon" part)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I did it legit :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CuddlyZombie posted:

I did it legit :saddowns:

Want a medal? :v: