Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

geonetix posted:

We'll never know as Charlie won't green flag in the rain

gently caress those starts so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Human Grand Prix posted:

British people: The Ultimate Fucktards?
According to the Will Of The People (ie, a very small majority meaning 100%), yes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Is the rest of SAS even remotely close to the posting style of this thread? I posted in a baseball thread once and people started crying because I called a relief pitcher a bum.

Honestly, this thread has ruined me. I now talk in similar form as we do in here when discussing sports within the outside world. Referring to players as binmen, etc and talking poo poo for no reason. People don't know what to make of that.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Your NASCAR thread posts are cool and good, who the gently caress likes eight laps of caution?

Hot Take: NASCAR is poo poo and stupid. :colbert:

*edit: Should be noted, I am American

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Honestly, this thread has ruined me. I now talk in similar form as we do in here when discussing sports within the outside world. Referring to players as binmen, etc and talking poo poo for no reason. People don't know what to make of that.

I dont underatand this. Internet=laughs, real life=serious business

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I blur the lines because I'm edgy like that.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GramCracker posted:

The internet makes you stupid

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

British people: The Ultimate Fucktards?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wish I cared enough about NASCAR to be angry at it again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

I wish I cared enough about NASCAR to be angry at it again.

Eventually Junior will retire and I'll be all out of care.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

And yet you still don't understand

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

My parents were poor as poo poo growing up so I spent my summers in butt gently caress nowhere with my grandparents and my grandfather yelling at the TV calling every second player of the Blue Jays a bum or a drunk at the television every single day. I don't know any other way to talk about sports.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

My parents were poor as poo poo growing up so I spent my summers in butt gently caress nowhere with my grandparents and my grandfather yelling at the TV calling every second player of the Blue Jays a bum or a drunk at the television every single day. I don't know any other way to talk about sports.

I had to make do with a lovely old B&W TV to watch F1, it had a dial and a coat hanger aerial, all my grandparents were dead, lucky you

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The internet makes you stupid

This thread has worked wonders for my brain cells. I can't say y'all never gave me nothing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

This thread has worked wonders for my brain cells. I can't say y'all never gave me nothing.

It's like a brain massage with a claw hammer.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
F1 2017: It's like a brain massage with a claw hammer

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

JFairfax posted:

hahah I had not seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6P-_OiflbI

marvelous

Look at Mansel with his flat brim bent upwards 30 years before it would become cool. What a hipster.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
He is known as a good and cool guy, but you what they say about british people

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

The Japanese manufacturer had a tough time at Barcelona this week, suffering an issue with its oil tank design on the first day but then, more seriously, having a failure on day two.

To further compound Honda's problems, the engine did not appear to deliver the performance step hoped for.

There were even suggestions that, for reliability reasons, it was having to run in a state that produced less power than it had in 2016.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128350

Holy gently caress.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
:smith:

Oh well.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eh. Expected.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Formula 1’s newly-installed sporting boss Ross Brawn says he’d like to see the unpopular and unintended consequences of the new-for-2017 aerodynamic rules “ironed out” over time.

Speaking to Formula1.com in a video interview in Barcelona this week, Brawn admitted he’d like to see the cars' appearance to be “more pure” – while also admiring the performance jump they had made over the previous generation of machinery.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-chief-brawn-aims-to-iron-out-shark-fin-and-t-wing-designs-879468/

We must protect the purity of our essence

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jesus, has Honda got ex-British Leyland engineers working on that motor?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eh, I'm very supportive of the noises Brawn is making. Rule making up until this point has been 'set an arbitrary standard -> react negatively to every innovation -> end up with incomprehensible clusterfuck'. Brawn is trying to fix that whole process, which will be hard work, both asking FIA to give up power and asking the teams to not back stab each other off the track.

I might disagree with some things (I don't mind the shark fins and think they could be good sponsor space), but I'd rather see good rules that achieve good racing than try to aim for a fancy result.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I won't be sad when DRS is gone.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There need to be more catch all design rules based on safety and nothing else. "If you have to glue aero poo poo all over your chassis then it can't be in danger of falling off, be used as boadicea/wacky racers style weapon, or launch your car into flight if you hit the kerb or rear end someone"

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

EB said something about running test engines, and not race engines (because they both broke) earlier in the week

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
1 million mercs just got recalled because the starter motor keeps catching on fire.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

You Am I posted:

That might actually improve things. Instead Honda are insisting that it' a Honda Made-In-Japan engine and so only Honda engineers from Japan may have input in to the Made-in-Japan Honda engine and under no circumstance must the Made-in-Japan Honda engine be sullied by using gaijin knowledge that would stop it being a pure Made-in-Japan Honda engine.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

1 million mercs just got recalled because the starter motor keeps catching on fire.
Benz saves all their good engineers for the racing. Honda does the opposite.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

learnincurve posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmvrs5o6Ig

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

learnincurve posted:

were a certain ah.. group of people driving them at the time

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had a dream last night that a mechanic accidentally replaced the oil in my car with hot vegetable soup I think because I read that McLaren article. Thanks a lot Honda!!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You Am I posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_800_Series

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I had a dream last night that a mechanic accidentally replaced the oil in my car with hot vegetable soup I think because I read that McLaren article. Thanks a lot Honda!!!

Was the mechanic 1960s Ron Dennis?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I imagine Ron Dennis the mechanic being like the mechanic on Seinfeld that just goes mental if you don't follow the every step of the factory service manual.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I imagine Ron Dennis the mechanic being like the mechanic on Seinfeld that just goes mental if you don't follow the every step of the factory service manual.

Puddy?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

No, the one that steals the JFK golf clubs.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

No, the one that steals the JFK golf clubs.

editing this so fast cause that was teh brother off everybody loves raymond lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngcotxUZA9E

Elaine is McLaren.

Kramer is Honda.

Newman is Alonso.

• Locked thread