Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Went ahead and bought the Wii U version on the basis that I played Horizon for about half an hour before getting :geno: about the whole thing, which is never a good sign for a game for me. So we'll see how BotW does

Dimo ArKacho posted:

For the record, Horizon doesn't really come into it's own till it lets you loose. Get past the stupid child poo poo, it gets better.

Yeah, I really like Horizon. I'm gonna pick up Zelda tomorrow, I think, but I'm definitely going to keep playing Horizon for a while. If nothing else, the huge machine fights are pretty fun and varied. Breath of the Wild seems to have a lot of flexibility and complexity in its open world, but Horizon kind of condensed all that flexibility and complexity into fighting robot dinosaurs, and it's a good time.

I can't ignore my hype for Breath of the Wild, though, so I'm going to grab it and a long-overdue Wii U Pro Controller tomorrow :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think this is it. Breath of the Wild is truly gaming's ambrosia.

100% serious.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
jesus flower lady take a chill pill

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Can you sell weapons? I don't think I have come across a merchant that will yet. Better question, should I be making sure I sell stuff instead of just dropping it?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ignimbrite posted:

I FEEL THEIR PAIN

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

How early do you get to repair weapons? I'm running around with four weapons nearly broken and the next best are the lovely ~4 damage starting ones lying around. Just got through Kakariko so I'm not too far in. Do I use any of the mining material to repair them or something? Having durability in a game that came out in 2017 is really weird and it's stressing me out.

I don't have the game yet, but from everything I've heard, there is no weapon repairing. Ever. At all. You're supposed to be scavenging for weapons and throwing them away when they're about to break. Later on, you'll find weapons with increased durability, and one weapon that can never break but instead goes on "cooldown" when it would otherwise break and you can't use it for a while but you can't ever repair weapons.

If it's about to break, throw it at an enemy for extra damage.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Voes before Gerudos.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hedrigall posted:

For those electric Lizalfos, make some electric-weakening elixirs. Their attacks will become paltry.

I had one that was given to me and I still got killed in a single hit.

I'm stuck fighting a throwback monster at the top of a waterfall and this is pretty brutal, I die in two hits and some of his attacks seemingly will do random things when I attempt to dodge them and I'm not sure what's going on. What initiates the Flurry Attack? Is the window just ridiculously small? Also trying to hit his face with an arrow during hit charge attacks is bullshit and neigh impossible with Gyro aiming so maybe I'll turn it off.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

I had one that was given to me and I still got killed in a single hit.

I'm stuck fighting a throwback monster at the top of a waterfall and this is pretty brutal, I die in two hits and some of his attacks seemingly will do random things when I attempt to dodge them and I'm not sure what's going on. What initiates the Flurry Attack? Is the window just ridiculously small? Also trying to hit his face with an arrow during hit charge attacks is bullshit and neigh impossible with Gyro aiming so maybe I'll turn it off.

Flurry Attack is basically Witch Time from Bayonetta - dodge an attack at the exact perfect time and everything goes slow-mo and you can murderlize who you were L-targetted on to.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I seem to be getting the timing better but I really think I'm dealing with a situation I probably shouldn't be in at this point, my closest kill of this fucker wears down 4-5 of my highest durability weapons and they really just chip at him. This poo poo really sucks.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

I seem to be getting the timing better but I really think I'm dealing with a situation I probably shouldn't be in at this point, my closest kill of this fucker wears down 4-5 of my highest durability weapons and they really just chip at him. This poo poo really sucks.

You might need better weapons

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ignimbrite posted:

She told you time. And time. AND TIME AGAIN. NOW YOU'LL FEEL HER WRATH.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Waffleopolis posted:

How the hell do I find and catch crickets in this game? I can hear them, but never see them and it's driving me crazy. :(

Cut the grass around the village, they spawn occasionally, just gotta grab em quickly after the cut.

For my own question, has anyone figured out this particular hidden treasure quest? It's the one given to you on a pillar out at sea and directions are something along the lines of going in the direction the arrow is pointing and "17 of 24" and I have NO idea what it means.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, I was thinking about it too hard.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 4, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Despera posted:

You might need better weapons

I think so, because this is dumb at this point. I have at least 30 deaths if not more. Does dodging not give you invincibility frames?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
this isnt dark souls, pre plan your attacks and make sure you choke the hobgoblins out!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
When you get your horse's affection up high enough, go to the Woodland Stable and talk to Breen. She can change the bridle and the saddle (if you've obtained any of either, I don't know where you get them from), as well as the style of the mane on your horse.

My pretty pink warsteed Buttercup now has flowers in her mane :allears:.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus. I decide to try to go to the castle as soon as I can and walk out with the Hylian Shield and live five weapons of absurd power.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Rounding up cuccoos is extremely my jam. I'm so glad it made a return :3:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bef posted:

this isnt dark souls, pre plan your attacks and make sure you choke the hobgoblins out!

Well you need it because I'm fighting Lynel and his charge attacks are so large that it's nearly impossible to not take damage unless you get a Flurry which is seemingly random. I've had it engage right before an attack hits me like it should, but I've had it also engage after an attack has wiffed me, or I'm out of range, before an attack has started. I've had the Flurry happen in situations when I wasn't going to even be hit.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone know the "ability control" between charged attacks and backflip?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I keep seeing these trios of trees lined up around the world which makes me think they're a Korok puzzle, but if they are, I can't figure it out.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
so do you ever do any crafting with the ore or can i sell it? because I have a lot of apparently valuable rocks and just passed up on the chance to make clam chowder because I wanted to save money

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yossarian-22 posted:

Does anyone know the "ability control" between charged attacks and backflip?

Jump Slash. What's the one between scope and pins and charged attacks?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

God almighty I went to bed at 1am and woke at 6 stoked to play again. THIS GAME.

And I still haven't got off the Plateau.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ChocNitty posted:

Whats with Links very modern reebok looking boxer briefs? He should be wearing a goatskin loincloth or something when he got out of that pool.

Did you look at all the technology that was going on in that room??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Waffleopolis posted:

How the hell do I find and catch crickets in this game? I can hear them, but never see them and it's driving me crazy. :(

When you hear them, cut some of the nearby grass. They hide in the grass. But you have to be quick, after you reveal them from cutting grass, they try to fly away. You have to nab them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Can you sell weapons? I don't think I have come across a merchant that will yet. Better question, should I be making sure I sell stuff instead of just dropping it?

No, you cannot sell weapons or armor. Armor is permanent and you only get one of each, weapons and bows and shields are temporary but cannot be sold. Only crafting materials and such goods can be sold.

Drop any weapons you aren't gonna use.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How do you drop or throw a bow, or do I need to waste arrows to break my current one whenever I find a new one that's better than anything I'm currently holding?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I played this for about 15 hours today. gently caress. I am pretty disoriented. I haven't done this in a while.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Soul Glo posted:

How do you drop or throw a bow, or do I need to waste arrows to break my current one whenever I find a new one that's better than anything I'm currently holding?

Do it from the pause inventory menu. Sadly there is no shortcut to drop from the quick switch menu.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

Do it from the pause inventory menu. Sadly there is no shortcut to drop from the quick switch menu.

Oh ok, thanks. At least it's possible. I snapped off three arrows just to break a bow and was sitting here thinking there had to be a better way.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Is anybody else having trouble downloading this from the eshop? My Wii U keeps freezing after a few gigs

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I played this for about 15 hours today. gently caress. I am pretty disoriented. I haven't done this in a while.
[/quote

[quote="Foppish Yet Dashing" post="469994881"]

:hfive: had that same feeling tonight. Its been a long time. Feels good sir

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

The same way you drop weapons or anything else in the game?!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I cant believe nintendo lived up to the hype and created the zelda game to dethrone oot's legacy :aaa:

e: Realtalk though from what I've played so far, Breath of the Wild is one of the best games of all time for sure. They outdid themselves.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 4, 2017

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress game of the year. This is in the game of all time discussion.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I cant believe how loving big this game is.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Arrows only get consumed if you hit an enemy. Pick them back up.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I played this from 10am to midnight last night. Now I have to go to my stupid job that I love and also celebrate my brother's 21st birthday after, who I also love but I might like this game slightly more than both... combined..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lmfao at ever playing a Bethesda open world ever again. I feel like I wasted my time with Fallout and Skyrim.