Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my only understanding comes from maddow tonight so i'll just post it instead of making a post with no other info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8AtaS2FNFI

go to 11:20 to skip the setup story

I can't stand Maddow sorry, she's a left wing Rush on tv and radio. They are both shrill and self promoting/righteous. That's the problem with both sides. Watched for 30 seconds and stopped.

E top page billing for ed balls news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
tweet storm regarding french elections

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/837848513690157057

the importance is if Le Pen gets elected then you got a french trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0oBPtyNb0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh poo poo she got the french version of the jesus campers

http://www.politico.eu/article/french-farmers-flock-to-marine-le-pen-hope-for-the-best-agricultural-policy/

quote:

“If farmers are turning first to the National Front, it’s because Marine Le Pen has set herself up as a spokeswoman for people in crisis, and the farming world is in permanent crisis,” said Martial Foucault, head of the Cevipof political research institute. “This is despite the fact that her statist, protectionist program is totally opposed to their vision of the economy, and that her plan for Europe threatens subsidies that are crucial for many of them.”

“In Le Pen, they see someone who can manage their crisis day to day,” he added.

oh shittttttttttttttttt

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Sorta dumb question:
Now that there's actual ammunition against Sessions, are they (and i'm not even entirely sure who they is, I'm assuming the Senate?) going to do everything in their power to get a this racist out of the office of AG? Is this looming perjury thing enough for some Republicans to jump ship and vote (or whatever the mechanic is here) against him?

Someone explain how this can potentially unfold.

(Outside of the obvious "lol nothing matters nor will anything happen")

/ninjaedit: I'm a loving moron, let me watch that Maddow clip first if that explains it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm thinking he'd be impeached by the House.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sorta dumb question:
Now that there's actual ammunition against Sessions, are they (and i'm not even entirely sure who they is, I'm assuming the Senate?) going to do everything in their power to get a this racist out of the office of AG? Is this looming perjury thing enough for some Republicans to jump ship and vote (or whatever the mechanic is here) against him?

Someone explain how this can potentially unfold.

(Outside of the obvious "lol nothing matters nor will anything happen")

/ninjaedit: I'm a loving moron, let me watch that Maddow clip first if that explains it

Its pretty simple. He is being dragged before congress to clarify his statements, because the Republicans will use it to hand waive the fact that he committed perjury. The dems will still cry for him to resign but because they are minorities in both House and Senate, it means nothing.

Essentially "lol nothing matters nor will anything happen" barring some serious poo poo rolling out where literally nothing can be done to protect him and he is forced to resign. Or Al Franklin hears a lie that finally breaks him and he uses his bare hands to remove Sessions's lungs from his body in the middle of the review.

I'm hoping for the latter.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its pretty simple. He is being dragged before congress to clarify his statements, because the Republicans will use it to hand waive the fact that he committed perjury. The dems will still cry for him to resign but because they are minorities in both House and Senate, it means nothing.

Essentially "lol nothing matters nor will anything happen" barring some serious poo poo rolling out where literally nothing can be done to protect him and he is forced to resign. Or Al Franklin hears a lie that finally breaks him and he uses his bare hands to remove Sessions's lungs from his body in the middle of the review.

I'm hoping for the latter.

I still can't really wrap my head around how these people clearly value their power more than actually helping people, but I guess that's politicians for you.

Nothing matters, hail satan, etc

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

It's almost as though going after them for lying about meetings, without having any substance as to what went on in them, wasn't an effective tactic!

Uhh sessions recused himself and the administration is playing defense. Sessions also doesn't have deniability pertaining to his impartiality with regards to Russia or leaks concerning the campaign. It was a hugely beneficial political move in laying a foundation for isolating the trump administration from Congress.

It's not a panacea but to call it ineffective ignores alot of significant developments

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 4, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Uhh sessions refused himself and the administration is playing defense. Sessions also doesn't have deniability pertaining to his impartiality with regards to Russia or leaks concerning the campaign. It was a hugely beneficial political move in laying a foundation for isolating the trump administration from Congress.

It's not a panacea but to call it ineffective ignores alot of significant developments

i really can't imagine if this all was truly fake news that you'd have people resigning and recusing themselves

god i would love to be a fly on the wall in the white house

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Two Finger posted:

god i would love to be a fly on the wall in the white house

There's an app for that!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just so we all have our expectations rooted in reality:

Everyone around trump could resign because of shady poo poo, you could have Trump in a 4K HD video talking face to face with Putin, admitting to banging Ivanka immediately after saying verbatim "I need you to make sure I, Donald J Trump, win the election in November 8, 2016 and I will then use taxpayer money to pay what I owe you, Vladimir Putin. My social security number is xxx-xx-xxx" and he still won't get impeached or lose a lot of his core supporters.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

Everyone around trump could resign because of shady poo poo, you could have Trump in a 4K HD video talking face to face with Putin, admitting to banging Ivanka immediately after saying verbatim "I need you to make sure I, Donald J Trump, win the election in November 8, 2016 and I will then use taxpayer money to pay what I owe you, Vladimir Putin. My social security number is xxx-xx-xxx" and he still won't get impeached or lose a lot of his core supporters.

haha if it comes to that i'm sailing off and starting the republic of two finger in the ocean somewhere, all gippers welcome

it's like when goons wanted to do that oil rig thing except it's actually my job to begin with

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TBeats posted:

Yeah his complete imperviousness to political pressure is certainly rooted in reality. Forcing his appointees to resign is a major political coup for the Dems. If they manage to make it happen twice it would.be massively disruptive to Trump's political agenda and people's perception of his competency. You keep him losing and his dumb poo poo rhetoric loses any semblance of sanity. Sure you'll never convince the true believers but this narrative that he's completely impervious to politics is demonstrably wrong.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
At some point the R's have to start growing spines right? Like what do they do if the budget is batshit insane? They can't rubber stamp something that permanently breaks the federal gov't can they? What happens if they kick it back?

Edit: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a difference between holding the budget hostage for a few months, and passing something that, I dunno, guts the state dept and IRS right?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The question that scares me more because of how likely it is, is what happens if they don't?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this buildup of bullshit is incredible

i wonder what causes it to peak

what happens then

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I can't wait until the Charlie lifestyle from Sunny becomes whimsical and something we dream about achieving. Cans of cat food and a pull out couch/bed with my best buddy playing night crawlers together

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this buildup of bullshit is incredible

i wonder what causes it to peak

what happens then

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
somebody please come to Idaho and play nightcrawlers with me :kiddo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

like is it though

im high enough to start a thread, brb

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I love knight croolers!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yes

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

I still can't really wrap my head around how these people clearly value their power more than actually helping people, but I guess that's politicians for you.

Nothing matters, hail satan, etc

They care about their fat rear end checks from corporations. Those fucks wouldn't piss on a constituent to put out a fire.

TBeats posted:

This is not true.

Realize that Trump's hold is very fragile. Not because of his tiny hands, but because it hinges on how 75% of his voters are either expecting him to deliver on jobs or stop SS/Medicare from being cut.

He is going to lose both of those. If you think for more than two seconds that Congress isn't going to gut SS/Medicare, you are loving retarded. And people aren't going to be real patient when all those JOBS aren't there. The stock market is going ape poo poo, and its not going to show up in living wage jobs. At that point the GOP is hosed. Understand, people are going to burn for whats about to go down in Congress over the next 6-7 months. Trump will be standing there with the entire thing crashing around him AND OH BY THE WAY I CUT DEALS WITH RUSSIA SO I COULD WIN AND PUT ALL MY RICH DONERS IN POWER TO MAKE loving YOU ALL THAT MUCH EASIER.

The only thing keeping Trump in power is the Reds thinking that he will roll over and let them end ACA and SS/Medicare, gut basically everything but the DOD, then drop a tax reform bill that screws the poor and middle class. We are not getting jobs back or creating any meaningful amounts of new ones. Manufacturing/mining/infrastructure.. None of it is happening. And when everything falls apart, he won't have midline and independent voters propping him up. That 40% rating is going to be sub 30% before December. His one saving grace is whether or not the Dems can be effective at showing how he and the GOP have hosed everyone. The town hall outrage will get worse when it adds all the broken promises republicans. And that poo poo show is going to cause Congress to start looking for distractions from their bullshit and rear end fuckery.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I love knight croolers!

you whooooer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i made a thread so we can play out our sick fantasties about that one level in mw2 where you're fighting off russians in a residential neighborhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuauFBmKlz0

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 4, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Click me

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

If there hasn't been an apocalypse or two along the way I'll be in Idaho for the summer.

I completely forgot that was even a game. I parsed that as MechWarrior 2 at first.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812302

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 4, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837996746236182529

Never a boring day with Trumpy around :cabot:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Can't wait for the "obstructionist democrats" narrative to emerge to explain why there are no new jobs and our government infrastructure is literally eating itself

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Also, like half of the steel that's going to be used for the dakota and keystone pipelines is coming from Canada even though trump said he added a clause saying all the steel pipe was being manufactured in USA

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
His administration said keystone is exempt from the buy American clause because it's a project in progress instead of a new one. :frogsiren:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

What the hell is he going on about now? Is this some sort of batshit theory that's been running on Fox News or does he not understand that the IC would monitor calls made by foreign diplomats? :psyduck:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

suboptimal posted:

What the hell is he going on about now? Is this some sort of batshit theory that's been running on Fox News or does he not understand that the IC would monitor calls made by foreign diplomats? :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/matthewchampion/status/837993016883302400

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky3vpDeJ-s

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/zachgeis/status/837995769219133440

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I got barely 5 minutes in, the gently caress is this?

This supposed to be a comedy show? Is there comedy ahead?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it might be comedy

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Good mornin' y'all :downs:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838016045222854656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He's losing his loving mind

• Locked thread