Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I found a cute frog statue hanging out with a sword on top of a mesa outside Kakariko. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
Does anyone know what to do with the small red wind mills dotted around? Seen two of em, thought they were connected to getting a korok seed, but can't seem to activate it.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Rookersh posted:

Literally 1:1 in every way. Same graphics, same options, same framerate. They look exactly the same. Only difference is the Switch docked version runs at 900p ( but apparently has more framerate issues then the WiiU version when in this mode so. ).

The Switch undocked version runs at 720p and has no framerate issues! But uh.

Not really a looker at that point.

That's a camera pointed at the tablet lol

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
The worst shrine is the one where you have to golf using a metal ball and the stasis rune. Swinging the hammer at the not exact spot the game wants you do causes the ball to move to the left or right where it flies off course. The hole for the bonus item is loving impossible. The fact your gear can still break after trying so many times is the worst part.

Anything using the stasis rune is jank because there's so many things that can go wrong with !physics! and your gear still breaks.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Oh. My. God. So all this time, I've been too huge a pussy to take my horse into combat. I love the fucker too much. He's got good stats and he was an absolute shithead to tame. But I went exploring with him (I discovered that leaving your horse to ride on the path is super fun, it lets you look around and take pictures whilst the horse guides you automatically, like in The Witcher 3) and started heading to the Zora zone. I've roadkilled so many things: birds, goats, boars, tonnes of those Goblin things.

I was on these really vast plains and there were Goblins riding on horseback. I smashed one out of the way with a huge chop of my claymore, instakilled him. His buddy was next, so we both lined up a-la jousting, and we killed each other. It was loving awesome. I would have straight up died but I had fairies in my inventory so they revived me.

On those plains, I tamed another really badass horse who was even bigger than the one I had (I didn't even know horses could be bigger or smaller) so I know his stats will be amazing. Only problem is, I dunno where the nearest stables are, and I don't wanna turn back all the way just to register him. We've been through so much though, we even killed a miniboss together. I don't wanna give up on him.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Scholtz posted:

Is there any sort of NG+ in this? It's pretty ridiculous to even think about an ending that's several dozens of hours away for me, but I'm curious just because I know I'll replay this once I finally get a Switch.

Nintendo announced a "Hard Mode" DLC as part of the season pass

canned from the band posted:

Does anyone know what to do with the small red wind mills dotted around? Seen two of em, thought they were connected to getting a korok seed, but can't seem to activate it.

I haven't seen those, but did you try using one of the leafs to blow on them? That'd be my first guess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
My complaints so far: I can't remap the buttons (X to jump? seriously? Yes, I know you can swap it with run, but then X to run isn't any good either) and it suck that weapons break so fast, especially for unique weapons like the leaf or the boomerang.

Otherwise: This is the best zelda game ever and maybe the best game ever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh, and question to the people who have reached the gerudo:

does the belly dancer gear come with heat resistance? I really wanna loving have to go to death mountain via crossdressing

Qubee
May 31, 2013

drat. I'm gonna have to ride all the way back to Dueling Peaks to register this horse. I've fallen for him and really don't wanna lose him. I'm too scared to go into a shrine cause I feel like he'll despawn.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

does the belly dancer gear come with heat resistance? I really wanna loving have to go to death mountain via crossdressing

It has full heat resistance but there's a catch with what you want to do....

Death Mountain you need to be FIRE proof, which is different than heat resistance. You will literally catch on fire and all your poo poo burn unless you buy fireproof elixirs

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Low level heat resistance. It won't work everywhere.

Edit: Poster above says it's high resistance but I swear there was a point in the desert where I was gliding up real high and getting overheated.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 4, 2017

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Loopoo posted:

drat. I'm gonna have to ride all the way back to Dueling Peaks to register this horse. I've fallen for him and really don't wanna lose him. I'm too scared to go into a shrine cause I feel like he'll despawn.

I did this last night with a horse that turned out to be poo poo. Siiigh.
What's worse is if found a stable neaer were I caught him about 20 minutes later.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Anyone know where the climbing tunic is at?

I believe the climbing tunic is found at Chaas Qeta Shrine in Neclude Sea. It's a tough one.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Shoehead posted:

I did this last night with a horse that turned out to be poo poo. Siiigh.
What's worse is if found a stable neaer were I caught him about 20 minutes later.

Any chance I could get a screenshot of your world map so I can see where it is? I'm near the Zora's place. Is it close by? I've got the game on pause right now because I really can't be bothered doing the fifteen minute ride back to Dueling Peaks, only to have to come straight back out again to go to where I want. I want to unlock towers and stuff but I'm scared the horse will despawn.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Top notch horse shenanigans in this game.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So much roadkill. I've got chicken tendies for days. FOR DAYS. The moment I discovered horse riding has the same auto-pathing as The Witcher 3, it made me so happy. I can just stick my horse on the road and sit back, relaxing and taking in the sights whilst my horse automatically steers me along the road. It's 10/10

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I have been at work all day and I didnt want to do story mode progress when I could be interrupted by customers at any time so I have spent most of the day just exploring around climbing mountains and having a blast. Its super enjoyable and it reminded me strongly of back in the day playing Vanilla World of Warcraft. for the first year or so, you could jump up mountains by abusing the games physics engine and get to places where you were not supposed to visit and it was always a laugh. The difference here is that EVERYWHERE is somewhere you are supposed to be and its such a nice feeling to climb to the top of a peak to see that it opens up into a huge grassy field at the top with a small camp of enemies to clear out and a reward chest. There was someone who knew that people would be climbing up that exact area and put a little treat at the top, ready for you to collect. I love this game.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"
So I have a possibly dumb question due to Nintendo's poo poo UI (part of why I barely play my wiiu)

I have the game installed on the wiiu, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use my classic controller with the game. It just doesn't respond. Or does it not work on the wiiu, and I have to use the gamepad monstrosity?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Loopoo posted:

Any chance I could get a screenshot of your world map so I can see where it is? I'm near the Zora's place. Is it close by? I've got the game on pause right now because I really can't be bothered doing the fifteen minute ride back to Dueling Peaks, only to have to come straight back out again to go to where I want. I want to unlock towers and stuff but I'm scared the horse will despawn.

Im in work atm and I also dont know where the zoras are! But I was off to the west of Hyrule plain. There's a huge gorge with a giant bridge with windmills everywhere. The stable was right by the bridge on the south side.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Loopoo posted:

So much roadkill. I've got chicken tendies for days. FOR DAYS. The moment I discovered horse riding has the same auto-pathing as The Witcher 3, it made me so happy. I can just stick my horse on the road and sit back, relaxing and taking in the sights whilst my horse automatically steers me along the road. It's 10/10

My two favorite surprises so far regarding horses have been being able to mount your horse while running along side it, and jumping off away from enemies in order to keep my horse safe, only to have it come stomping into battle.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When you get your horse's affection up high enough, go to the Woodland Stable and talk to Breen. She can change the bridle and the saddle (if you've obtained any of either, I don't know where you get them from)

You get a bridle and saddle when you register your horse at a stable for 20 rupees. That's also where you get to officially set your horse's name.

Mine is named Horse Bro. We go everywhere together murdering pig dudes and wildlife alike. 🐴

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lord Ephraim posted:

It has full heat resistance but there's a catch with what you want to do....

Death Mountain you need to be FIRE proof, which is different than heat resistance. You will literally catch on fire and all your poo poo burn unless you buy fireproof elixirs

snoremac posted:

Edit: Poster above says it's high resistance but I swear there was a point in the desert where I was gliding up real high and getting overheated.

Aww.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zore posted:

I got the climbing tunic in a shrine in either the Kakariko region or the central Hyrule one. Can't remember where exactly, sorry.

Also hilariously I have only found the shirt and need the pants/hat because christ is there a lot of climbinh.

The hat is in the shrine nearest to the Dueling Peaks tower.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Goreld posted:

So I have a possibly dumb question due to Nintendo's poo poo UI (part of why I barely play my wiiu)

I have the game installed on the wiiu, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use my classic controller with the game. It just doesn't respond. Or does it not work on the wiiu, and I have to use the gamepad monstrosity?

Gonna guess you need a pro controller not a classic controller

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Loopoo posted:

There's other stables too, but I guess that's the closest one. Yeah its worth registering him if you like the horse.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

snoremac posted:

Note that if you don't have high level resistance, stacking two forms of low level resistance will do the trick!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I will NEVER get tired of jumping off my horse to land a sword hit right on somebody's noggin in a stylish flip, nor jumping off my horse in matrix slow motion bullet time to snipe 3 moblins' heads before I even land on the ground.

That's another reason to expand your stamina too; more stamina = more bullet time.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Anyone know where the climbing tunic is at?

I just found it:
The Island southeast of Hateno there's a shrine with a tough fight, it's in the chest after you beat it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

raditts posted:

You get a bridle and saddle when you register your horse at a stable for 20 rupees. That's also where you get to officially set your horse's name.

Mine is named Horse Bro. We go everywhere together murdering pig dudes and wildlife alike. 🐴

You can get other bridles and saddles by winning the horse obstacle course minigames at some of the stables

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

goferchan posted:

Gonna guess you need a pro controller not a classic controller

This. On the back of the game case it states which controllers are compatible. Hint: WiiU Gamepad and WiiU Pro Controller

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Goreld posted:

You know Nintendo is magical because you can get people complaining about too many controllers being backward compatible, at the same time at the same time as other people complaining that not enough controllers are backward compatible.

According to the back of the box, it supports wiimote+nunchuk, wiimote+controller, and even wiimote by itself. And also the game's "poo poo UI" has a pop-up indicating what control method it's currently taking controls from when you connect something different. So odds are your poo poo is broke. Or the box is wrong. Whatever, buy a pro controller.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 4, 2017

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I never thought I'd ever say this...

But Link to the Past is no longer the best Zelda game. This. loving. Game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Are Opals and other stones safe to sell or should I be saving them for something else?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kirios posted:

I never thought I'd ever say this...

But Link to the Past is no longer the best Zelda game. This. loving. Game.

For some, I could see LttP, Ocarina, Wind waker or even Zelda 1 if you're super nostalgic being 'the best'.

But no longer. The argument is over. Long live the king.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Are Opals and other stones safe to sell or should I be saving them for something else?

They can be used in crafting to add water element to weapons

I'm not sure but I feel like opals and amber aren't unique drops so it may be safe to sell them if you're hard up for cash. But I'm not positive.

People have said though at the very least diamonds are unique drops, there's only so many in the game world, and they have a purpose other than money (not sure myself what it is, maybe upgrading gear) so they're worth saving it seems.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You can craft accessories with them which is just head gear.

You need

10 Amber for obe that just gives 4 def
10 Opal for one that increases swim speed
5 Topaz/ 3 Sapphire/ 3 Ruby for ones that give elec resist/small cold/small heat. You also get one of your choice for free.
3 Diamonds for one that gives +def against guardian attacks.

I think some might be used in armor and weapon upgrades too, not sure. They're all infinitely available though even if diamonds are stupid rare (I had one pop out of a mining site so they def aren't unique)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wait. Did someone say you can buy a house in this game?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I chopped down all old Mellies plum trees and then skipped town before dawn. :black101:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Wait. Did someone say you can buy a house in this game?

Yup! Possibly multiple ones?

You can upgrade your house too and show off weapons, etc

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zore posted:

They're all infinitely available though even if diamonds are stupid rare (I had one pop out of a mining site so they def aren't unique)

This is possible, but its also possible that was just a uniquely placed diamond from a mining site. The game could well save that you collected that diamond. The only way to know for sure would be to get another diamond from that same site at a later point in time.

After all the game does save which kokoroks you've saved and stuff like that. And heck, it even remembers which monsters are dead and doesn't respawn them until a blood moon. It saves all kinds of overworld data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rime posted:

I chopped down all old Mellies plum trees and then skipped town before dawn. :black101:

You absolute madman