Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zaphod42 posted:

This is possible, but its also possible that was just a uniquely placed diamond from a mining site. The game could well save that you collected that diamond. The only way to know for sure would be to get another diamond from that same site at a later point in time.

After all the game does save which kokoroks you've saved and stuff like that. And heck, it even remembers which monsters are dead and doesn't respawn them until a blood moon. It saves all kinds of overworld data.

I had to reload that save because it bugged out and didn't let me pick up a minibosses' drops after I killed it. When I mined it again I only got flint and topaz so I'm pretty sure its just a rare drop

Mining is totally RNG and you can pretty easily test it by reloading and remining. You'll almoat alwats get different stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zore posted:

I had to reload that save because it bugged out and didn't let me pick up a minibosses' drops after I killed it. When I mined it again I only got flint and topaz so I'm pretty sure its just a rare drop

Mining is totally RNG and you can pretty easily test it by reloading and remining. You'll almoat alwats get different stuff

Even if that's true, it could still have a counter of how many diamonds you've mined randomly and stop giving them after awhile. Its very hard for us to know how the game works from just these couple clues.

But that does make it seem more likely if true. And I'd love to hear that nothing is actually unique so I don't have to stress so much about hoarding things.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I'm anxious to increase my inventory space for weapons. Can someone just hint me in the right direction?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can't wait to play this game again tonight. Like I'm thinking about it constantly. I haven't felt this way about a game since GTA-SA or Half Life 2, whichever came later.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I'm anxious to increase my inventory space for weapons. Can someone just hint me in the right direction?

Find some seeds.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

canned from the band posted:

Does anyone know what to do with the small red wind mills dotted around? Seen two of em, thought they were connected to getting a korok seed, but can't seem to activate it.

They are for Koroks. A couple of them you just have to stand in the right place and some balloons will pop up for a shooting minigame.

There's one in Necluda that I can't figure out how to activate, but I figure with so many of them, in random places without good landmarks, it's gonna be impossible to ask how to get specific ones to work.

Also, what happens if you leave a horse in the middle of the field and go to the other side of the world? Do they eventually go back to the stables on their own, or do you have to go track them down?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

RCarr posted:

Find some seeds.

I should have been more specific. I have like 10 seeds and already heard someone mention it involves using those.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

murked by dragon posted:

I believe the climbing tunic is found at Chaas Qeta Shrine in Neclude Sea. It's a tough one.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I just found it:
The Island southeast of Hateno there's a shrine with a tough fight, it's in the chest after you beat it

Just did it, thanks!
That fight was way more doable than I expected, only two tries. Second try was insane tho! Got it to the laser shooting phase and with stasis I got soem damage in and ran away. My two dopest weapon broke during the fight, so for the last stretch I used a spear and wailed on it, I think i killed it half a second after the stasis broke, like one less damage on that weapon and the laser would've gone off in my face. So loving exciting!

off to find pants

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 4, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I should have been more specific. I have like 10 seeds and already heard someone mention it involves using those.

You need to find a really big kokorok spirit guy. He starts on the path to Kakariko village, just north of the bridge north of the stables past twin peaks.

You have to do a quick side-quest for him to retrieve his precious maracas :3: its very quick and easy.

After you buy 2 upgrades from him though he moves to the stables north of Hyrule.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Also, what happens if you leave a horse in the middle of the field and go to the other side of the world? Do they eventually go back to the stables on their own, or do you have to go track them down?

If they're out of ear shot and out in the wilderness, I just went to the stable and I could board Epona and then just snag her back out of the stables without having to go find her or anything.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh sweet bippity. How the hell do you beat Guardians? I can cut all their arms off, but it'll still pop me from full health to nothing with one laser shot. Is it just 'hide behind trees and throw bombs?'

There's a big Korok just hanging out on the road to Kakariko. Do a little quest for him and he'll expand your inventory with the seeds.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 4, 2017

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
breath of the wild is officially the best game of all time, because i may have bombed my math midterm, but i spent like seven hours with a cute digital boy, and then i got a date with a cute irl boy. bet your" zero dawn horizon"s can't do THAT

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
This was hard to do. Close enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuwdUVJ91uQ

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Zaphod42 posted:

You need to find a really big kokorok spirit guy. He starts on the path to Kakariko village, just north of the bridge north of the stables past twin peaks.

You have to do a quick side-quest for him to retrieve his precious maracas :3: its very quick and easy.

After you buy 2 upgrades from him though he moves to the stables north of Hyrule.

Thanks.

That's what I get for never following roads. I climbed mountains and descended into the village like a wild man so I never even got close to him.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Can confirm that Amiibos can be used once per day, over and over, and give slightly different rewards each time!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bogart posted:

Oh sweet bippity. How the hell do you beat Guardians? I can cut all their arms off, but it'll still pop me from full health to nothing with one laser shot. Is it just 'hide behind trees and throw bombs?'

DON'T.

Seriously, don't. You're not really equipped to beat Guardians until later in the game. They're stupidly difficult early on, until you get proper equipment which can wreck them, like ancient arrows.

Also anything that kills you in one shot means "you're not ready for this". Any enemy that the game really expects you to beat should only hit you for a few of your hearts. This means your current armor is insufficient to fight this enemy. You CAN try to do it, which is awesome, but its not really something a new player should be worried about pulling off.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Where are the DLC chests?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The first place I wanted to go to was Death Mountain, but in doing so I somehow found my way to the Zora's Domain instead. I actually found my first new piece of armor there, maybe I was unlucky but I thought I would some more armor before that but it is ok since the zora armor looks cool.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't have them, but the DLC mentioned they're hidden and you have to actually go find them. LOL. That's some Zelda poo poo right there.

It may have said something about them being on the plateau but I could be wrong about that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can someone tell me what the hell I'm meant to do with this thing in the hill above Kakariko Village

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
drop a ball in it?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't find balls. i got no balls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I tried a round bomb, no dice

I'm thinking maybe it has something to to with the round artifact next to Impa in Kakariko but I dunno how to get that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I just tamed a wild stallion in the middle of a thunderstorm. Eclectic free jazz started playing and as I mounted the horse, a guardian scurried into view and started popping shots off. I rode the horse to safety, dodging blasts and lightning strikes. Eventually the storm broke and the sun came out as I neared the stables.

Gonna keep that horse!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thanks.

That's what I get for never following roads. I climbed mountains and descended into the village like a wild man so I never even got close to him.

:same:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

s.i.r.e. posted:

They're right near some of the shrines on the plateau, its literally just a Switch shirt, 5 bomb arrows and a ruby though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

DON'T.

Seriously, don't. You're not really equipped to beat Guardians until later in the game. They're stupidly difficult early on, until you get proper equipment which can wreck them, like ancient arrows.

Also anything that kills you in one shot means "you're not ready for this". Any enemy that the game really expects you to beat should only hit you for a few of your hearts. This means your current armor is insufficient to fight this enemy. You CAN try to do it, which is awesome, but its not really something a new player should be worried about pulling off.

I pulled this off, killed an immobile guardian quite early by spamming bomb arrows, then eventually just chucking regular bombs over a low wall. The rewards were OK, but probably not worth 5+ bomb arrows. Was very satisfying, however.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

DON'T.

but it's IN MY WAY AND MUST DIE :black101:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

What is Falco doing in this game?!

Gee, I've been saved by Link. How swell.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Anyone know a Goron with "son" somewhere in their name?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm thinking maybe it has something to to with the round artifact next to Impa in Kakariko but I dunno how to get that.

Yeah, I figure she'll leave at some point and I'll just pick it up and run!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It has to be that, but I couldn't magnet it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that they show topography on the map, it's pretty annoying in other games when you want to go somewhere but eventually can't because the map doesn't give any recognition of cliffs/mountains etc

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Tried to fight a Hinox with a Broom. It ripped a tree out of the ground and ruined me.

This loving game. :stare:

Anyone notice the gigantic skulls and ripbcages and such scattered everywhere around the map?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

bef posted:

I love that they show topography on the map, it's pretty annoying in other games when you want to go somewhere but eventually can't because the map doesn't give any recognition of cliffs/mountains etc

I also love that even if there is a cliff in your way you don't have to spend ages skirting it until a path opens up, because you can just climb right over!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
It's there an in game list of recipes I've learned?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
After I've upgraded all of my runes, is it safe to sell ancient parts or are they used for more stuff?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Rime posted:

Anyone notice the gigantic skulls and ripbcages and such scattered everywhere around the map?

They're Evas. Link pilots Zelda who is his mom/sister to defeat Calamity Gannon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Deceptive Thinker posted:

After I've upgraded all of my runes, is it safe to sell ancient parts or are they used for more stuff?

They are used later on.

Anyone know where the climbing pants are? I thought I read near Kakariko but i think i've cleared the nearby shrines. Unless I gotta steal Impa's ball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wendell posted:

I also love that even if there is a cliff in your way you don't have to spend ages skirting it until a path opens up, because you can just climb right over!

Makes it a fun puzzle to scale the huge ones and see if you can find small pockets of slopey angles to rest at. SOoooo glad this game didn't let me down