Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Star Citizen isn't siphoning off content / does micro-transactions, it only supports stuff like selling in-game torpedos for real money. Custom skins? Monetized. LTI/Insurance? Monetized

Etc. etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Roflan posted:

Have a sample of a professional studio doing art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYFFmUqYug4

Does anyone know if that GDC talk is, or will be, posted anywhere(or is in english)?

Shows more ability, competancy, talent, knowledge and good practice in 2 minutes and 40 seconds than CIG can in 5 years of back to back useless videos. :)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Why make do with a really good game when the original, also good game and a shitload of free mods are available and equally good?

Well, since you ask so nicely, because looking at the remastered graphics is nice. Besides, I have the original and Homeworld: Cataclysm and played both of them to death. Cataclysm so much I went through a lot of trouble to make it run on my modern machine plus I added some weird hacks I found online to let it run in a higher resolution than it originally did.

If someone would remake Cataclysm with better graphics, I'd take it in an instant, though. No reason to go with a frankensteinian monster-version of the original game if an easier, better looking version is available, after all.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Sort of interesting that in the Frankfurt bit of the latest ATV Chambers talked specifically about three moons around Crusader like they were the focus when it comes to seamless planetary landing. And to be fair if they actually released the ability for the sixteen players in a PU instance to land on a relatively large barren moon and drive a buggy around it'd be a display of minimum viable competence heretofore unseen from CIG.

But 3.0 is supposed to have several additional planets. SWTOR-style loading screen transitions for landing points on those, I guess. Though they've yet to show anything meaningful of those cities, and even if the cities are just tiny FPS levels like the current ArcCorp Area 18 social module it'd be a bad look to release them with no AI aside from mute male clone shopkeepers playing idle animations. So 2019.

Gonna need a Minimum Viable 3.0 to get it out before CIG goes under.

Chin fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 4, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Chin posted:

Sort of interesting that in the Frankfurt bit of the latest ATV Chambers talked specifically about three moons around Crusader like they were the focus when it comes to seamless planetary landing. And to be fair if they actually released the ability for the sixteen players in a PU instance to land on a relatively large barren moon and drive a buggy around it'd be a display of minimum viable competence heretofore unseen from CIG.

But 3.0 is supposed to have several additional planets. SWTOR-style loading screen transitions for landing points on those, I guess. Though they've yet to show anything meaningful of those cities, and even if the cities are just tiny FPS levels like the current ArcCorp Area 18 social module it'd be a bad look to release them with no AI aside from mute male clone shopkeepers playing idle animations. So 2019.

Gonna need a Minimum Viable 3.0 to get it out before CIG goes under.

Don't forget they promised that every heavenly body will be rotating and there is no draw distance so everything will be loaded and updated.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Decrepus posted:

...no draw distance...

And no LOD, too. That way objects that are smaller than a sub-pixel can still display their multimillion polygon glory.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Libluini posted:

Well, since you ask so nicely, I like pretty games that play badly which is why I invested so heavily in star citizen.

Your money, do whatever with it.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Cheers Crobberts for being so considerate :angel:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morningwoodpecker posted:

I love dumb derails and can't stop posting

Sure, OK

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE
nevermind

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Grilled or roasted hot dogs? What are your preferences? And what toppings?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

gently caress you.

Boiled.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
microwaved :smug:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

gently caress you.

Boiled.

There is a special place in hell waiting for you.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

DapperDon posted:

There is only one true answer -

Fourth Stimpire Civil Meat Dog

Start with a civil meat sausage that has been soaked in diesel for 3 hours, cook over a direct flame for 15 minutes (or until it's just cinder), place in cardboard substitute bread that has been soaked over night in saltwater, grill under a UV light for 4 days then add sliced pineapple and beetroot and finish with a handful of freshly reconstituted* catte fur balls.

Drop on floor, stand on it and then eat it off floor.

YUM!

*reconstituted by self re-licking them up and coughing them back up.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 4, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

microwaved :smug:

That is just disgusting.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Start with a civil meat sausage that has been soaked in diesel for 3 hours, cook over a direct flame for 15 minutes (or until it's just cinder), place in cardboard substitute bread that has been soaked over night in saltwater, grill under a UV light for 4 days then add sliced pineapple and beetroot and finish with a handful of freshly reconstituted* catte fur balls.

YUM!

The sickening truths have been revealed only today.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Hot dogs? Those are pretend sausages that are made of roadkill and cow brains aren't they?

If I was personally going to consume one, then I'd say the best way to cook them would be to firstly drive a car over them and scrape up the remnants and fry them on the engine block of your vehicle. That way you get the 'freshly road killed' taste/smell and also it'll be like history repeating itself for the hot dog. :)

Or you could just poo poo in a hot skillet and eat that instead. :D

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

DapperDon posted:

That is just disgusting.

...says a guy that probably actually eats hotdogs

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

...says a guy that probably actually eats hotdogs

Past tense. I have already eaten them and they were delicious. Grilled with Batampte mustard and diced white onions on a potato roll.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I put ketchup and relish on hot dogs. I give no fucks and all of you can kiss my rear end.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Kosumo posted:

YUM!

sounds like how these are made. https://groceries.asda.com/product/traditional/feasters-microwave-flamegrilled-burgers/910000871012

check out the typical four days life and meal for 1 as positive promo points.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I don't eat hot dogs because I don't live in a 3rd world country. But I guess a sandwich with a saucisse de toulouse in it would be an appropriate substitute.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

There is a special place in hell waiting for you.

Want me to reserve a seat for you?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Want me to reserve a seat for you?

I have a timeshare.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I put ketchup and relish on hot dogs. I give no fucks and all of you can kiss my rear end.

Add some ketchup and relish, and that probably still tastes better than said hot dogs.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tippis posted:

Add some ketchup and relish, and that probably still tastes better than said hot dogs.

Kosher relish. None of that sweet relish bullshit. Also, I just found a new product called Wickles that is pretty damned tasty as well.

https://wicklespickles.com/shop/

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Why are we talking about mechanically reclaimed offal tubes again?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

gently caress you.

Boiled.

Peasant

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

Kosher relish. None of that sweet relish bullshit. Also, I just found a new product called Wickles that is pretty damned tasty as well.

https://wicklespickles.com/shop/

quote:

CUCUMBERS, SUGAR, WATER, VINEGAR, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, SALT, DEHYDRATED GARLIC & RED PEPPERS, XANTHAN GUM, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, ALUM, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), NATURAL FLAVORS, POLYSORBATE 80, YELLOW 5

Seems like sweet relish bullshit to me.

I put chipotle on mine.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Nice dick and hand warmer, perfect for chilly winter months. :D

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mu77ley posted:

Why are we talking about mechanically reclaimed offal tubes again?

Are we ever not talking about that? If so, why? It's the mods' fault, isn't it?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

It's the most fabulous object in the universe.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:same: It's the only way to fly.

As far as how to cook 'em? Fry 'em up in a skillet, they taste great. It's a bit easier if you slice them longways

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The worst part about hot dogs are lovely buns that split and leave you eating a meat tube sandwich.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sabreseven posted:

Nice dick and hand warmer, perfect for chilly winter months. :D

Having cold hands and a cold dick is the very model of a problem that suggests its own solution.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

:same: It's the only way to fly.

As far as how to cook 'em? Fry 'em up in a skillet, they taste great. It's a bit easier if you slice them longways

Gospel right there son.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The worst part about hot dogs are lovely buns that split and leave you eating a meat tube sandwich.

Never travel to Montreal, where a hotdog bun is a folded slice of bread.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

trucutru posted:

Never travel to Montreal, where a hotdog bun is a folded slice of bread.

Those buns are just screaming for some fried bologna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Stimsis: home of the frog dog