Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And More posted:

If by juggling you mean panicked flailing that results in dropping the ball, then I agree.

edit: Surely, you can't find Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley compelling, either. :crossarms:

Not really. I also didn't say the film was successful. I just think it's really insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
They should have just kept the original script as Curse of Monkey Island. Guybrush didn't need to be split into two characters, zany and nothing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Got a couple of these at Logan tonight.

Also saw this standee right before the theater doors:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BlueBayou posted:

This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow
Pirate so brave on the seven seas

I hope Michael Bolton has a cameo as a pirate with a big, sexy hook.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can I have a Logan poster if I can't snag one?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two special posters for Logan from different ends of the world.

This one is from Alamo Drafthouse.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is the movie actually that brutal and shocking, I'd be bummed out going in expecting blood and gore only for it to be pretty typical

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Don't take your kids to Logan or the Wolverine will steal your kids.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Is the movie actually that brutal and shocking, I'd be bummed out going in expecting blood and gore only for it to be pretty typical

It is incredibly violent. Those posters ain't joking.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

Gonz posted:

Got a couple of these at Logan tonight.

Hey me too. It's the first time my theater has ever handed out posters. I have to admit I spent a few minutes trying to clean that top-right corner.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

davidspackage posted:

I hope Michael Bolton has a cameo as a pirate with a big, sexy hook.

Oh my god, I just got that joke. I assume that was intentional by the lonely island

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gonz posted:

It is incredibly violent. Those posters ain't joking.

The redband trailer ended with Logan sticking his claws through a random goon's skull. So, yeah.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think every single part of the human body gets a claw through it at some point. The skull especially gets claws through it at every conceivable angle.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

couldcareless posted:

I will absolutely go see this new pirates movie if only because of Bardem and ghost sharks.

One of the most disappointing things about On Stranger Tides was how they completely wasted Ian McShane so it's hard to get too excited about Bardem.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lobok posted:

I think every single part of the human body gets a claw through it at some point. The skull especially gets claws through it at every conceivable angle.
They really missed an opportunity to have Logan snikt out a chunk of someone's crotch but yeah, this film makes up for all the times Wolverine gets the pointies out only to tackle someone with his body.

I'm pretty sure I remember him taking half of someone's face off with a swipe.

And that's not even addressing the multiple, multiple times Professor X says gently caress.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FilthyImp posted:

They really missed an opportunity to have Logan snikt out a chunk of someone's crotch but yeah, this film makes up for all the times Wolverine gets the pointies out only to tackle someone with his body.

I'm pretty sure I remember him taking half of someone's face off with a swipe.

And that's not even addressing the multiple, multiple times Professor X says gently caress.

Yeah maybe the crotch escapes unscathed but I also just recently saw John Wick 2 where someone gets shanked in the taint so my movie violence needs are temporarily sated in that respect.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Shanked in the Taint is my favorite Knife Culture album.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lobok posted:

Yeah maybe the crotch escapes unscathed but I also just recently saw John Wick 2 where someone gets shanked in the taint so my movie violence needs are temporarily sated in that respect.

I'm not squeamish but when that happened, it was so quick and visceral I had a quick gag.

I can't wait to see Logan next week.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wish I could find this Evan Dorkin comic strip on how to write mature comics. It showed 3 elements in 3 panels, swearing, blood, and tits. I like to think that the writer of Logan had this taped to the front of his computer while he wrote the screenplay.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

No tits in Logan, so they put in extra blood and swearing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

some drunk lady whips out her titties in Logan's limo montage.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

No tits in Logan, so they put in extra blood and swearing.

There are absolutely tits in Logan, if only for a second.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Oh, gently caress, forgot about that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

I wasn't being ironic.

And if you don't think the last 2 Pirates films don't juggle around tones like crazy, not sure what film you were watching. We get hanging of a kid in the opening scene of Pirates 3, then a goofy rescue where they casually, and also accidently, shoot many women in the face, which leads into weird madness, to more goofy rescue, to a death of a major character, to more weirdness, to more death, and more weirdness and comedy, and action, and body horror and comedy and DEATH and love and HOLY poo poo.

Apperently no one else finds this movie as insane as I do.

The people behind the PotC movies seems to have problems with the tones of their movies, take the Lone Ranger for example:
The bad guy cuts out a character's heart and eats it raw.
Wacky horse!
Johnny Depps's family is slaughtered by greedy business men.
His tribe makes fun of him!
The comanche tribe is massacred by not-Custer.
Wacky hijinks by Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Logan and Get Out back to back last night, and while I didn't see any kids in the audience for Logan, I saw a ton in Get Out :v:

Also while Logan was violent, it wasn't like blood splattering everywhere violent.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

imo its a good thing that kids are watching get out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dreamworks presents the story of one frog who's about to have the adventure of a lifetime in :frogout:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Waffleman_ posted:

Dreamworks presents the story of one frog who's about to have the adventure of a lifetime in :frogout:

tagline: It's not easy being green.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also while Logan was violent, it wasn't like blood splattering everywhere violent.

It literally was though

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Been getting a lot more kids in Logan than in Get Out at my theater. Some guy brought about five kids in to see Logan today, I'd guess they were about ten to twelve years old, probably a group of his son's friends or something. About an hour in, one ran out for a bathroom break, and when he was heading back in, I called over "What do you think of the movie?" His response was a thumbs-up and "Good!"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Darthemed posted:

Been getting a lot more kids in Logan than in Get Out at my theater. Some guy brought about five kids in to see Logan today, I'd guess they were about ten to twelve years old, probably a group of his son's friends or something. About an hour in, one ran out for a bathroom break, and when he was heading back in, I called over "What do you think of the movie?" His response was a thumbs-up and "Good!"
Serial killer in the making. Really makes you think.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Woah, YouTube Red made cool posters:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Oh great, I'd love to see some.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I'm looking forward to this incisive documentary on the money-wasting antics of the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Palpek posted:

Woah, YouTube Red made cool posters:

Well, cough up the cool posters already

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Angepain posted:

I'm looking forward to this incisive documentary on the money-wasting antics of the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.

I was curious to know what it is, and apparently it's the shocking revelation that Herbalife is a scam. Herbalife responded by buying https://bettingonzero.com, making it about how Betting On Zero's a fucker, and then SEO'ing it to the top result.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh great, I'd love to see some.

Woof Blitzer posted:

Well, cough up the cool posters already
Ok, here they come:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was curious to know what it is, and apparently it's the shocking revelation that Herbalife is a scam. Herbalife responded by buying https://bettingonzero.com, making it about how Betting On Zero's a fucker, and then SEO'ing it to the top result.

The after-credits scene is the church of Scientology and the internet blackmail tickle fetishist from Tickled approaching Herbalife and asking them if they've ever heard of the Digging Your Own Grave Initiative.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Palpek posted:

Ok, here they come:

Youtube red seems like the worst of all possible subscription services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Youtube red seems like the worst of all possible subscription services

It's probably the best for music now that youtube autouploads albums in high quality under the "topic" tag